Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Research & Development
Reload this Page Trainers with EVs

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Research & Development Got a well-founded knack with ROM hacking? Love reverse-engineering the Pokémon games? Or perhaps you love your assembly language. This is the spot for polling and gathering your ideas, and then implementing them! Share your hypothesis, get ideas from others, and collaborate to create!
Research & Development programs in this forum are subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old 4 Weeks Ago (02:38 AM).
But nothing happened.

Nature: Hasty
I managed to make it work after looking at all the posts xD Thanks to Doesnt, Mysteryman, leyn09 and kearnseyboy6!

Noob question here:
I already have something in the EV Value of 0 but what if i dont have anything set in 255 will something go wrong if I use that value? Or will it just ignore the EV Value? I dont have a clue how they work so I just wanna play it safe hehe
|
Rom Hacking Beginners Click Here!
Come to the IRC If you wanna Live!
Old 2 Weeks Ago (11:05 PM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by Criminon.

Hmmm, damnit. I just spent a good while looking into this and following what everyone is saying, and it looks like there might be incompatibility with the JPAN engine. I have also followed the steps, and it seems like its not working. The pokeballs aren't changing and that's really my only indication. I made sure custom item / moves were on. Made sure to copy all addresses to their proper places. There doesn't seem to be a crash. Nothing odd happens, it just acts like the code isn't there.
Old 2 Weeks Ago (05:43 AM).
Aussie's Toughest Mudder

Quote originally posted by Criminon:
Hmmm, damnit. I just spent a good while looking into this and following what everyone is saying, and it looks like there might be incompatibility with the JPAN engine. I have also followed the steps, and it seems like its not working. The pokeballs aren't changing and that's really my only indication. I made sure custom item / moves were on. Made sure to copy all addresses to their proper places. There doesn't seem to be a crash. Nothing odd happens, it just acts like the code isn't there.
You could be 100% right, to be 100% sure test it on a clean fire red ROM and it should work. Then you will know that JPAN is to blame...
Old 2 Weeks Ago (06:45 AM).
Truant Trainer

Nature: Careful
I think this would help you. I've had encountered that kind of frustration too.

Quote originally posted by Mystery Man:
I went through a similar problem myself. My issue stemmed from the set trainer level specials JPAN made, so my solution was to revert the conflicting changes the trainer level specials made to what an unhacked Firered has. This is what resolved it for me:

Go to 0x11624. If you are using JPAN's hacked engine or the particular special I was talking about, the bytes there should be "00 48 00 47 ?? ?? ?? 08". Overwrite those bytes with what an unhacked Firered has, which is "20 1C 33 1C 2C F0 14 FA". That should stop the freezing.
Old 2 Weeks Ago (01:51 PM).

Quote originally posted by kearnseyboy6:
You could be 100% right, to be 100% sure test it on a clean fire red ROM and it should work. Then you will know that JPAN is to blame...
I wouldn't say JPAN is to blame, but I definitely will. I still have the bin, so it should be easy replacing.

Quote originally posted by leyn09:
I think this would help you. I've had encountered that kind of frustration too.
Thanks! I'll give it a shot! Was really looking forward to making all trainer battles in the game follow this type of color coded system. pokeball, greatball, ultraball, masterball indicating their level of power. Kind of like rares and elites in mmos etc. Was hella bummed when it didn't work, so I'm really hoping this does the trick.
Old 2 Weeks Ago (08:59 PM).
Truant Trainer

Nature: Careful
I wouldn't say JPAN is to blame, but I definitely will. I still have the bin, so it should be easy replacing.

Thanks! I'll give it a shot! Was really looking forward to making all trainer battles in the game follow this type of color coded system. pokeball, greatball, ultraball, masterball indicating their level of power. Kind of like rares and elites in mmos etc. Was hella bummed when it didn't work, so I'm really hoping this does the trick.
No prob! Hope it works. Though, just keep in mind that it will disable JPAN's trainer level hack. You better use asm routines. )
Old 5 Days Ago (10:20 PM).

Quote originally posted by DoesntKnowHowToPlay:
I see a lot of talk about how to make hacks "difficult". The typical solutions are to:
Would it be possible to add another byte that determines the gender of the opposing Pokemon? Although a bit overkill, it would be neat with completely customisable IV's to let the AI use Hidden Power well.
Old 5 Days Ago (12:38 AM).

Quote originally posted by mamamama:
Would it be possible to add another byte that determines the gender of the opposing Pokemon? Although a bit overkill, it would be neat with completely customisable IV's to let the AI use Hidden Power well.
I don't believe the AI (as is) can even process hidden power accurately.
Old 5 Days Ago (03:15 AM).

Quote originally posted by azurile13:
I don't believe the AI (as is) can even process hidden power accurately.
It works decently, such as if you give an Electric Thunderbolt and HP:Ice, it will use HP against ground-types.
Old 4 Days Ago (10:52 AM).

Quote originally posted by mamamama:
It works decently, such as if you give an Electric Thunderbolt and HP:Ice, it will use HP against ground-types.
It isn't just the type, I think it's the variable power.
Old 4 Days Ago (04:38 PM).

Quote originally posted by azurile13:
It isn't just the type, I think it's the variable power.
The point still stands. Even though the AI can not calculate the damage I'm still able to make the AI use it when I want it to use through workarounds. That is enough for me

We're going pretty off topic now so let's just leave the discussion here. Agree to disagree.
Old 4 Days Ago (11:48 PM). Edited 4 Days Ago by Splash.
But nothing happened.

Nature: Hasty
Can someone provide the offsets for the Emerald Version of this routine? Im having trouble locating them in the hex editor..

Edit: nvm found them
|
Rom Hacking Beginners Click Here!
Come to the IRC If you wanna Live!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links