• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your least favorite type of pokemon?

Nakala Pri

Fighting type is a little boring, but Hitmonlee and some others keep me from putting them on my least favorite list.
Dark is annoying, but I'll keep it on my list for old times sake, so I'm going to have to go for... rock.
Yeah, it gets annoying when you're on your last Pokemon (because you weren't ready for such a hard Gym Leader) and your last one is flying type, and they use ROCK TOMB!!! Omigod, how damn annoying!

Avenge

Me
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2013
Rock and Steel types.

I never use them,and they are kinda boring.

Years
Water!!!

In addition to being WAY oversaturated (there are more than 10% more water pokemon than Normal pokemon, for crying out loud!!!), their primary weakness (grass) is completely offset by their near universal access to ice type moves, which gives them a combined neutral or better coverage on everything but, of course, water itself! In addition to this overwhelming offensive advantage (with ice, they are the only type of the starter pokemon who naturally inherit an offensive advantage vs dragons, who are supposed to be the big bad scary guys), they also offer the best defensive typing, with only two weaknesses! Nearly a third of all pokemon reside in the field group, but water gets 3 different egg groups! And I know that could be considered a disadvantage, but the fact is it still shows a greater level of thought and care being put into water type pokemon.

The incredible amount of bias given to the water type makes me loathe them, and it gives me Great satisfaction to kill them (which is why I always make it a point to carry around an electric and a grass pokemon). What's outright infuriating is as much as I despise them, I invariably have a water type in my group, because I simply can't afford Not to! In fact, I think you would be hard pressed to find a group Anywhere that does not include at least one water pokemon, other than the very new and very young (making it not only the most common type in game, but also the most commonly played and most common in the meta, as well).

Finally, as I first got Pokemon Red, and have gone with Fire type starters from the very beginning, Water is my natural foe, the bane of my primary pokemon's existence. The fact is, though, with their Ice moves taken into account, the Grass type starters have trouble with them as well, and really, it's not like Grass doesn't already have it rough enough, with more weaknesses than any other type (besides rock, and fewer resistances than rock), so there's that little bit of sympathy loathing going on as well.

I get that Japan is an island, and with water covering 70% of the world, there is a vast amount of sea life to draw inspiration from, making it probably very fun and easy to create all these water type pokemon, and there is variety while surfing to take into account. None of that makes me dislike water any less.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
I'm definitely not a fan of poison. Most of the poison type Pokemon don't pique my interest, and in terms of a competitive standpoint, they don't offer much in coverage, resistances, etc.

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
While I like a lot of Steel Pokemon, and I understand it and Dark were implemented to balance Psychic, I really think they overdid the amount of resistances with them. For instance I don't think they should be immune to Poison, and I also think Water should be super effective against them for that matter.

Years
I don't like Poison, Bug and Steel types! I hate their moves, I hate them all. lol Not to mention when Poison types poison you!! The most annoying thing!!!!!
You most say you dont like Rock Type Pokemon, well, I don't use them either. I don't hate them. I mean, their powers are cool and they are so easy to defeat haha

NinjaNic

My favorites are Fire, Water, Ghost and Steel.
My least favorites are Dark and Rock.

Giant Magikarp

I like Iris...
Years
I HATE BUGS!!!!!!

Except:
213.gif
291.gif
632.gif
649.gif

asa_203

hack seeker
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2015
luxray is my favoruite, i actually like electric type pokemons that have base attack stat greater than base special attack stat.
btw some friends said that rock type sucks, ok , i ask them ; Have you ever grow a tyranitar ? :D ok i admit that geodude or onix and some others' **** but this is different. this is king of the rock types for me.

dragonfly_dust

Look at my avatar! Nuff said.
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
I don't ice type pokemon. I like their attacks but as a pokemon type is so crippling that it is useless.

Back