• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Kalos Travel Journal

Years
After fighting a certain Lucario who seems to be interested in me. I caught a couple pokes in route 11 and entered Reflection Cave but I noticed some of the members on my team were starting to get to strong (They were traded) so I left them behind. And started a side team.

Hopsin (Greninja) 42
Blaziken 38 - Charmander 20
Slyveon 39 - Emolga 20
Dark Knight (Noibat) 39- Gardevior 31
Raven (Meowstic) 39

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
So just yesterday, one of my friends traded me a bunch of 5 IV Pokemon, and a shiny Rhydon for free :D

What a great friend! :D

Today I just leveled up my team a tad bit more (my team is on my trainer card). I LOVE wifi battles and that's what I mostly do when I'm online.

I spent some time in Lumoise getting BP at the battle institute, I love that place!

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
My Nincada evolved and got Ninjask and Sheninja and was so confused till my friend told me what went down. I think I'll train Sheninja after the league since it sounds like a pokemon that can be good but you need to train well

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
Years
Cyllage Gym Challenge
Vs. Grant

I was out of breath when I finally reached the top of the rock-climbing wall that led to Grant. Despite that, I couldn't help but notice how awesome the waterfall right behind this peak looked and sounded.

"I've been waiting in eager anticipation!" Grant called over to me. "What have I been waiting for? For a worthy challenger to appear!"

I was still huffing and puffing when I responded. "Hold… hold on. I need to catch my breath…"

"It's quite an achievement to have climbed all the way up here," complimented Grant. "Very impressive, actually!"

I then regained my composure and took my place on the battlefield. "Ok! I've been waiting to have another gym battle in Kalos!"

"I have a feeling that our battle will turn out to be worth the wait!" The gym leader readied his first Poké Ball. "I hope you'll show me that your skill as a trainer surpasses even mine."

The referee took his position and called out the usual rules. It's a two on two battle, and only I can substitute. The battle is over when either of us loses with both Pokémon.

Grant cracked his neck and sent out his first Pokémon. "Amaura, let's go!"

"Hey, that's one of the fossil Pokémon!" I immediately recognized it as one of the Pokémon I had restored from a fossil. "Rock and ice, huh? Cubone, maximize!"

My shiny Pokémon took the field, and turned its head to look at me. We nodded at each other in understanding.

"That is an outstanding Cubone you have there," the gym leader stated. "I can sense the bond you have with it. I can't wait to see how you battle together."

"You won't have to wait long," I said. "Cubone, Rock Smash, let's go!"

Cubone changed in and landed the doubly super-effective hit, and down went Amaura!

"Amaura is unable to battle," the judge called. "Cubone wins!"

"Amaura, return," Grant called back his Pokémon. "Impressive, your Cubone knows a fighting-type move, well done. Now try this. Tyrunt, come out!"

Ah, I should have figured. The other fossil Pokémon. But this one is rock and dragon, so I'll have to approach it a little differently.

"Cubone, return, awesome job out there!" I tossed my next Poké Ball. "Time to check out my newly evolved Pokémon! Diggersby, maximize!"

You know, looking at Tyrunt, it reminds me of Megatron from the 90s Beast Wars series. But I digress.

"Diggersby, use Mud Shot!" My Pokémon shoveled balls of mud at its opponent.

"Tyrunt, dodge and use Bite!" It failed to dodge the Mud Shot, but it did land the Bite attack.

"Now, while it's in close," I commanded. "Use Double Kick!"

Diggersby landed two super-effective hits with its large ears, knocking Tyrunt back.

"Your Diggersby is quick," said Grant. "Tyrunt, slow it down with Rock Tomb!"

A barrage of rocks was trying to surround Diggersby to keep it from moving. But it was successfully getting around the obstacle!

"Great job, Diggersby! Finish this with Mud Shot!" And that was all she wrote.

"Tyrunt is unable to battle," the judge called. "Diggersby wins! The winner of the gym match is Steve the challenger!"

"You have proven to be a wall that I am unable to surmount!" Grant recalled his fallen Pokémon. "Return, Tyrunt, you did great, but this challenger climbed higher than us today."

I recalled my Pokémon as well, and stepped off the battlefield. Grant met me near the exit.

"There are some things that seem out of reach no matter how hard you try," the gym leader advised me. "However, it's important that you never give up, no matter the opponent or the odds. I can tell from our battle that you and your Pokémon understand that. To commemorate such an impressive show of teamwork, please accept the Cliff Badge!"

I did it! I won my second gym badge, the Cliff Badge! Oh, interesting, it looks like a miniature rock climbing wall.

"Think about how you can improve yourself, as well as the Pokémon that are always by your side," Grant continued. "When you find the answer, that's when you'll truly be able to smile!"

"Actually, I do have an idea of how my Pokémon and I can improve, so I have a request," I started to ask. "Learning a rock-type move would help with type-coverage. Do you think you could teach my Cubone how to use Rock Tomb?"

"I would be honored," Grant said, accepting my request.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
...I did not expect seeing my CSS above. :/

I transferred my Black version team and tried out the Elite 4, but they were too under leveled. So instead, I ran through the Elite 4 using my Y version team. My Talonflame finally made it to level 100, and he's the second Pokemon to do so, after my starter Typhlosion in Gold version.

Scarlett 52691
Game Time: 299 hours
Adventure started October 16th
Colette the Chesnaught
Level 89 - Serious - Female

Terry the Talonflame
Level100 - Careful - Male

Lulu the Florges
Level 76 - Bashful - Female

Hypr the Noivern
Level 96 - Rash - Male

Devona the Dragalge
Level 74 - Quirky - Female

Clawitzer
Level 97 - Modest - Male

Years
Greninja (Hopsin) Lvl 47
Blaziken Lvl 46
Slyveon Lvl 45
Noivern (Dark Knight) Lvl 42
Meowstic (Raven) Lvl 45
Lucario Lvl 36

I was trying to take this journey slowly but it's so easy to level up and clear badges so first of all, I stopped training. Next, I cleared badges 3-5 all in 4 hours time. It's really a blur so all I remember is defeating Team Flare and making my friend Serena feel bad after losing to me for the 3rd time today. Hopefully she'll be able to get a mega stone too because as her friend our battles are completely one sided. Shauna seems to be second guessing herself these days. She says she's traveling for the memories but I feel like she's looking for more. I'll train a bit on route 14 but just til I get to 50.

I can't forget to give credit to Gardevior and Charmeleon for helping me beat Korrina, the 2 of them and Raven did great. Plus Lucario decided to come along with me and join the team. You can never have too many megas.

As for old man Ramos: Slyveon, Blaziken and Noibat taught him not to mess with the family. Nice gym though it was fun.

In Clemont's gym I wish I got the questions wrong so I could battle more but I was in a hurry; I hate Limiose City it's too big for no reason. Special thanks to Slyveon, Lucario, and Blaziken for that match.

Hopsin's been getting bored because he hasn't led a gym team since the major battle with Grant, who's gym trainers knock out my Raven the last time we met, let's just say Hopsin's looking for the same drive he had then.

Last edited:

OffRoadSP

Years
Sorry for the long post, but this will finally bring me up to date!

January 10, 2014

With my second badge in hand, it's time to start a new rotation of Pokémon for training. Yikes, looks like I'll need to take out 16 groups of six! First up will be Pansear, Mawile, Oddish(2), Diggersby, Amaura, and Mienfoo. I'm going to give Cubone a break for a bit while it works on Rock Tomb.

January 11, 2014

Shortly after midnight, I left Cyllage City to explore Route 10, called Menhir Trail. A trainer there battled me with his Solosis.

"Solosis, the Cell Pokémon. Solosis drive away attackers by unleashing psychic power. They can use telepathy to talk to others. Because their bodies are enveloped in a special liquid, they are fine in any environment, no matter how severe."

Right after that, I saw a familiar Pokémon nearby, a Snubbull! I remember them being fairly rare, so I quickly caught it.

"Snubbull, the Fairy Pokémon. Snubbull have active, playful natures. Though many women find them cute, small Pokémon tend to flee from their scary faces."

108. Snubbull

Huh, looks like not only is Snubbull the Fairy Pokémon in terms of species, but it's also been identified as a fairy-type. Makes sense. It's pretty late (or early, depending how you look at it), so I decided to get some sleep.

It's a very rainy, dreary day, but at least it's not cold or snowing! This afternoon I went back to Menhir Trail, and found some more familiar Pokémon. I caught an Electrike, which I haven't had since the Hoenn region, and a Nosepass from a horde soon after.

109. Electrike

110. Nosepass

As I was walking through the flowers, I saw an Emolga glide overhead. Then I saw a Sigilyph! I tried to catch it, but it used Whirlwind to get away. I forgot about that.

"Emolga, the Sky Squirrel Pokémon. Emolga live on treetops. The energy made in their cheeks' electric pouches is stored inside their membranes. They glide using the inside of this cape-like membrane while discharging electricity."

"Sigilyph, the Avianoid Pokémon. Sigilyph were guardians of ancient cities. They always fly the same route while keeping watch for invaders, and use their psychic power to attack enemies that invade their territory."

Just when I was getting ready to wrap things up, I ran into a wild Eevee! Well, here we go again. Mawile and Oddish battled it, and I caught it in a Net Ball. Just a few steps later, I saw another one! This time I caught it in a Quick Ball. Two down, five to go. Although I thought I heard rumor of a new evolution for Eevee, so maybe I'll need to catch eight?

111. Eevee

January 18, 2014

I found a Pokémon egg among the trees of Menhir Trail, and soon after it hatched into a Houndour!

112. Houndour

I also found another Eevee, this time catching it in a Timer Ball.

Later that evening, I went back out again and caught three more Eevee, in a Luxury Ball, Dusk Ball, and Nest Ball. Then I stumbled upon a familiar ghost-type Pokémon, a Golett! I quickly caught it.

"Golett, the Automaton Pokémon. Golett were fashioned from clay by an ancient science. They have been active for thousands of years. The energy that burns inside them enables them to move, but no one has yet been able to identify this energy."

113. Golett

After that I found a seventh Eevee, and caught this one in a Dive Ball. That makes one for each of its known evolutions. Then I saw a new Pokémon. It looked like a hawk, but stood on two human-like legs, and looked like it was wearing a mask. What the heck is it?

"Hawlucha, the Wrestling Pokémon. Hawlucha control their positions in the air with their wings. They like to attack from above, a maneuver that is difficult to defend against. Although their bodies are small, their proficient fighting skills enable it to keep up with big bruisers like Machamp and Hariyama."

Cool, a flying and fighting-type combo. That's an interesting mix! I missed the first one I saw, but I immediately found another one that I was able to catch.

114. Hawlucha

I then found another Eevee. Since I heard it might have a new evolution, I figured I catch it in a Premier Ball, since it's the premier of a new evolution. Ok, that and it was the only other ball I hadn't used yet.

For the last catch of the evening, I found a horde of Yanma, and caught one of them that clearly had the ability Speed Boost.

"Yanma, the Clear Wing Pokémon. Yanma flap their wings really fast, generating shock waves that will shatter windows in the area. Their eyes can see 360 degrees without moving their heads. They won't miss prey, even if prey is behind them."

115. Yanma

January 19, 2014

I had a Pokémon battle in the morning against a trainer who used some familiar evolved Pokémon on her team.

"Skiploom, the Cottonweed Pokémon, and the evolved form of Hoppip. Skiploom spread their petals to absorb sunlight. They float in the air to get closer to the sun. The blooms on the tops of their heads open and close as the temperature fluctuates up and down."

"Azumarill, the Aquarabbit Pokémon, and the evolved form of Marill. Azumarill have long ears that are superb sensors. They can distinguish the movements of living things on riverbeds. The bubble-like patterns on their stomachs help them camouflage themselves when they're in the water."

Shortly after the battle, I was able to catch an elusive Emolga!

116. Emolga

After a bit more training, I returned to the Pokémon Center and rotated my team for Sandile, Panpour, Burmy (1), Skitty, Pidgeotto, and Croagunk.

I went back out to train, and it wasn't long before my Burmy evolved into a plant cloak Wormadam!

"Wormadam, the Bagworm Pokémon, and the evolved form of a female Burmy. Wormadam have a different appearance depending on where they evolve. The materials on hand become a part of their bodies. Unlike Burmy, these cloaks are never shed."

117. Wormadam

I wanted to test out its Hidden Power, and I immediately learned what type it was. We encountered a group of Electrike, and most of them absorbed the Hidden Power due to their Lightningrod ability. Guess my Wormadam's Hidden Power is electric-type!

I then tried to catch a Sigilyph. Several, actually. But they kept blowing us away with Whirlwind!

January 20, 2014

I took my Cubone to the Hotel in Ambrette Town where it was given the Alert Ribbon. That makes two ribbons for it. Then I returned to Menhir Trail, and continued my search for a Sigilyph. I found one, and had Sandile weaken it a bit. A Poké Ball didn't work, so I tried a Great Ball, and so I finally caught a Sigilyph! Between Whirlwind and apparently a low catch rate, that was a bit challenging.

118. Sigilyph

January 25, 2014

Over the course of the week, I trained my team, and then once the weekend hit I rotated out my Pokémon. I had Solrock, Audino, Illumise, Marill, Inkay, and Wingull sent to me.

January 28, 2014

I explored more of the Menhir Trail, training my Pokémon among the odd standing stones that were prominent on in the area. Suddenly I ran into a familiar face. It was the Team Flare guy I battled back in the Glittering Cave. He still had his Houndour, but he also had a Golbat he battled me with. He was apparently up to something, but after I defeated him he received a message on his Holo Caster and he scurried off.

"Golbat, the Bat Pokémon, and the evolved form of Zubat. Golbat fly at night in search of prey. Once they bite, they will not stop draining energy from their victims even if they get too heavy to fly."

I found a few more Team Flare grunts skulking around the strange stones, and also battled a trainer who had a Pokémon I haven't seen yet in Kalos, a Pachirisu.

"Pachirisu, the EleSquirrel Pokémon. Pachirisu make fur balls that crackle with static electricity. They store them with berries in tree holes. A pair may be seen rubbing their cheek pouches together in an effort to share stored electricity."

I then arrived in a place called Geosenge Town. I stopped by the Pokémon Center there to rest my Pokémon. Before I explore this new town, I decided to backtrack a bit to do some other things. I hopped on my bike and crossed through Connecting Cave to return to Camphrier Town. I picked up my Cubone and stopped in the hotel in the town. A woman who was watching my Cubone train awarded it a Shock Ribbon. That makes three ribbons for my Cubone.

Next I went over to the nearby Battle Chateau to do some extra training there.

January 30, 2014

I did some more training at the Battle Chateau, and battled many trainers, several who used some familiar evolved Pokémon.

"Machoke, the Superpower Pokémon, and the evolved form of Machop. Machoke can lift dump trucks with one hand. Their muscular bodies are so powerful, they must wear a power-save belt to be able to regulate their motions. Using that power, they help people with heavy jobs."

"Fraxure, the Axe Jaw Pokémon, and the evolved form of Axew. Fraxure have tusks that can shatter rocks. Territory battles between them can be intensely violent. A broken tusk will not grow back, so they diligently sharpen their tusks on river rocks after the end of a battle."

"Loudred, the Big Voice Pokémon, and the evolved form of Whismur. Loudred stamp their feet to power up. They shout loudly by inhaling air, and then use their well-developed stomach muscles to exhale. The shock waves from their cries can tip over trucks."

After that, I returned to Geosenge Town, and rotated my Pokémon at the Pokémon Center. I had Skiddo, Combee, Seviper, Axew, Honedge, and Froakie sent over to me.

February 1, 2014

During a short training session today, my Combee evolved into Vespiquen!

"Vespiquen, the Beehive Pokémon, and the evolved form of a female Combee. Vespiquen house their colonies in cels in their bodies, as their abdomens are honeycombs for grubs. They release various pheromones to make those grubs do their bidding, and raise them on honey collected by Combee."

119. Vespiquen

February 8, 2014

I just checked out my Medal collection, and I apparently earned quite a few medals over the last month! It seems all my time in the Dream World during my Unova journey granted me nearly a dozen or so medals.

Medals: 057

A-004-2 Adventure Easy Cycling A Medal given to casual cyclists who have ridden a Bicycle 30 times. 02/08/2014
M-104-3 Commemorative Doll Master A Medal to commemorate buying 100 or more Dolls in the Pokémon Dream World using Berries. 01/27/2014
M-104-2 Commemorative Doll Maniac A Medal to commemorate buying 50 or more Dolls in the Pokémon Dream World using Berries. 01/27/2014
M-104-1 Commemorative Doll Collector A Medal to commemorate buying at least one Doll in the Pokémon Dream World using Berries. 01/27/2014
M-103-3 Commemorative Unova's Top Coordinator A Medal to commemorate buying 50 or more Décor items in the Pokémon Dream World using Berries. 01/27/2014
M-103-2 Commemorative Décor Coordinator A Medal to commemorate buying 25 or more Décor items in the Pokémon Dream World using Berries. 01/27/2014
M-103-1 Commemorative Décor Dabbler A Medal to commemorate buying at least one Décor item in the Pokémon Dream World using Berries. 01/27/2014
M-102-3 Commemorative A Whole Dream World A Medal to commemorate buying eight or more new homes in the Pokémon Dream World using Berries. 01/27/2014
M-102-2 Commemorative My Dream Neighborhood A Medal to commemorate buying at four or more new homes in the Pokémon Dream World using Berries. 01/27/2014
M-102-1 Commemorative A Dream Home A Medal to commemorate buying at least one new home in the Pokémon Dream World using Berries. 01/27/2014
M-101-2 Commemorative Decorated Hibernator A Medal commemorating the accumulation of over 100,000 Dream Points in the Pokémon Dream World. 01/27/2014
M-101-1 Commemorative Dream Resident A Medal commemorating the accumulation of over 50,000 Dream Points in the Pokémon Dream World. 01/27/2014

E-019-1 Fun PokéMileage Club First Play A Medal commemorating the first time playing an Attraction at the PokéMileage Club. 01/19/2014

After a long week of travel, bad weather, a car accident, arguments with friends and family, and overtime at work, I'm more than ready to log a good chunk of time just relaxing and doing some Pokémon training.

I spent a lot of time training my team just outside of Geosenge Town, and my Froakie started to evolve! It's my first Kalos starter Pokémon evolution. I checked it out in the Pokédex.

"Frogadier, the Bubble Frog Pokémon, and the evolved form of Froakie. Frogadier have unparalleled swiftness and can scale a tower of more than 2,000 feet in a minute's time. They can throw bubble-covered pebbles with precise control, hitting empty cans up to a hundred feet away."

120. Frogadier

I eventually had six more Pokémon sent to me. I took Volbeat, Smeargle, Burmy(3), Rhyhorn, Fletchinder, and Dunsparce to the Battle Chateau. While I was battling there, my Burmy evolved into a trash cloak Wormadam! I used it in a few more battles and eventually figured out its Hidden Power to be water-type. Other than that, I primarily battled with Fletchinder, since it's the newest Pokémon to me.

I spent a long while training that team, then returned to the Pokémon Center in Geosenge Town. I had Squirtle, Psyduck, Ledyba, Plusle, Hippopotas, and Kadabra sent to me, and then turned in for the night.

February 9, 2014

I did a lot of exploring around Geosenge Town. I had yet to really see all the magnificent stone structures that the town was famous for. I stopped to listen to a guide who was explaining some of the history of the town and some of the theories behind the mysterious stones. I stopped to take a picture in front of the large triple stone formation in the middle of town.

Then I spotted a Team Flare grunt heading down a path behind the town. I tried to follow him, but he detected me rather quickly. He screamed something about using the stones on Route 10 to give more power to Team Flare. Then he dashed down the path. Serena showed up too, and we both pursued the grunt. We reached a dead end where there was another huge stone structure, and apparently the grunt had got away.

Figuring there was nothing more I could do, I went back to exploring the town. I walked through Hotel Marine Snow, where I found the guide from earlier, and she explained more of the history of Geosenge Town and the mysterious stones. I talked to as many of the townspeople as I could. Then I ran into Korrina, the gym leader I met back on Route 5! She said one of her Lucario detected that I was nearby, the same one that was drawn to me a few months ago. She then challenged me to a battle against both her Lucario. Unfortunately, she beat all six of my Pokémon, as I was greatly unprepared for the steel and fighting-type powerhouses. They also used a move I never saw before called Power-Up Punch, which increased their attack power with every hit. I told her I'd be back to challenge her with different Pokémon, so I rushed my wounded Pokémon to the Pokémon Center to rest and recover.

February 12, 2014

I contacted Cassius in Camphrier Town and asked him to send me two of my Pokémon. I sent him back Ledyba and Squirtle and he sent me my Cubone and Vivillon. I found Korrina and challenged her to a rematch. It was Cubone and Vivillon against her pair of Lucario.

"Lucario, the Aura Pokémon, and the evolved form of Riolu. Lucario can read the aura of all things. By catching the aura emanating from others, they can read their thoughts and movements. They can tell how others are feeling from over half a mile away."

Her first Lucario was no match for my Cubone's Bonemerang, and my Vivillon had a great type match-up against her second Lucario and slowly wore it down until we won. She seemed impressed, and reminded me that she was the Shalour City Gym Leader. She said that if I wanted to have an official gym battle, to meet her in Shalour City, which was a short distance away from Geosenge Town. I looked at my map and saw that the city was further up along the coast, but Korrina suggested a better path would be through nearby Reflection Cave at the end of Route 11. She also gave me an egg she was caring for, explaining that it would hatch into a fighting-type Pokémon that is rare in the area. She then left for Shalour City.

I stopped in Hotel Marine Snow with my Cubone, and we were approached by someone who saw our battle with Korrina. She said watching the battle lifted her spirits, and she awarded my Cubone the Downcast Ribbon. I felt this ribbon was very appropriate for me, as I have been feeling extremely down right now. But that does make four ribbons for Cubone.

I took a few steps out onto Route 11, which was also called Miroir Way. My egg then started to glow. It hatched into a Pokémon I haven't seen in nearly a decade, from my travels in the Hoenn region. It was a Makuhita!

"Makuhita, the Guts Pokémon. Makuhita grow stronger by enduring harsh training. They toughen up by slamming into thick trees over and over. By doing this, they gain sturdy bodies and dauntless spirits and can withstand many attacks."

121. Makuhita

It was late, so I stopped back at the Pokémon Center, sent Vivillon, Cubone, and Makuhita back to Camphrier Town, and had Squirtle and Ledyba sent back to me.

Last edited:

Ruyu

Gliscor's Biggest Fan
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 4, 2014
Just started my game, soft-resetted for a female Froakie, didn't catch any other pokes up till route 4 where I searched for a ralts (which SUCKS by the way so hard to find!) but luckily the first one I found was female so was good! As of now I'm soft resetting for a female charmander which is also taking forever :) will let you all know how it goes :)

Ruyu

Gliscor's Biggest Fan
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 4, 2014
Soft-resetting for that female charmander took over 3 hours! I really started to doubt that 12.5% chance for female. I decided to bail on my female ralts and instead I am going to catch a female Espurr on route 6 to make my team 3, consisting of Frogadier, charmander and Espurr, then on route 7 will catch a Roselia to evolve to a Roserade later on so my team hopefully at full evolutions will currently be ALL females and look like this:

- Greninja
- Charizard
- Meowstic
- Roserade

Looks like quite the awesome team so far! Will update you guys later on my Playthrough! Still haven't gotten my second badge yet and am on route 5 running!

Thanks for reading! Look for updates soon!

Years
I've been finished with the storyline for awhile, and now I've started working on filling my Pokedex. I'm working on it by section, focusing first on the Central Kalos Pokedex.

Right now, I'm 130/150. The only Pokemon I'm missing are some evolutions, but right now I'm trying to get a Sharpedo from GTS. I'm working on evolving Golbat, Scraggy, and Psyduck.

Meanwhile, I'm working on leveling up my event Blaziken, who is right now at 55.

OffRoadSP

Years
February 13, 2014

I decided to go back and explore more of Miroir Way. I stepped into the tall grass, and soon had my first wild Pokémon encounter on the route. It was a horde of Nidoran! Four were male and one was female. Since the female was the odd one out, I decided that would be the one I would try to catch. I had Squirtle use Bubble to take care of the male Nidoran, and weaken the female one. Then I had Plusle use Thunder Wave to paralyze it, and I caught it no problem with a single Poké Ball!

"Nidoran female, the Poison Pin Pokémon. Female Nidoran are small and very docile. They protect themselves with their small, poisonous horns when attacked. Females have smaller horns."

"Nidoran male, the Poison Pin Pokémon. Male Nidoran scan their surroundings by raising their ears out of the grass. These large ears are flapped like wings when they are listening to distant sounds. They extend their toxic barbs for protection or when angered."

122. Nidoran(F)

Catching the Nidoran reminded me of an old friend. Fourteen years ago, when I was in the National Park in the Johto Region, I came across my first every shiny Pokémon, a little female Nidoran. That Nidoran travelled with me for the rest of my Johto journey, but unfortunately, its Great Ball was damaged long ago. (i.e., there's no way to transfer it out of Gen.2.) So it stayed with Professor Elm in New Bark town, but it will always be remembered as my first shiny encounter. I've been fortunate enough to have several since then. Every region that I have visited since then, I've found at least one shiny Pokémon.

After that I battled against a Pokémon trainer with a pair of psychic Pokémon. My Squirtle was a huge help in winning the battle with its Bite attack. After the battle, it evolved into a Wartortle!

"Wartortle, the Turtle Pokémon, and the evolved form of Squirtle. Wartortle are said to live 10,000 years. When tapped, they will pull in their heads, but their tails will stick out a little bit. These furry tails are popular as a symbol of longevity."

123. Wartortle

I then found another Nidoran horde in the grass nearby. This time, I caught one of the male Nidoran in the group.

124. Nidoran(M)

A little later I found another horde of Pokémon. It was a horde of Stunky! I remember these from the Sinnoh region. It took all my Pokémon to battle the horde due to all the Poison Gas that was getting spread around, but I finally defeated all of them and caught the last one. After the battle, my Ledyba evolved in a Ledian as well!

"Stunky, the Skunk Pokémon. Stunky protect themselves by spraying a noxious fluid from their rears. Their stench spreads over a mile radius, driving Pokémon away. The stench lingers for 24 hours."

125. Stunky

126. Ledian

February 16, 2014

I was very sick the last few days with probable food poisoning, so I wasn't feeling up to much training. This morning, however, I'm starting to feel better, so I went back out to Miroir Way to see what else I could find. After a little searching, I ran into a horde of Starly! These are the bird Pokémon of the Sinnoh region, but apparently they live here too. I picked one out and had Hippopotas and Plusle defeat the others. Then I had Plusle paralyze it with Thunder Wave, and I tossed a Poké Ball, but it popped out after a single rock. Plusle was getting tired so I switched to Ledian, put up a Reflect wall to block the Tackles and Quick Attacks, and then tossed another Poké Ball. This time I caught it!

"Starly, the Starling Pokémon. Starly flock in great numbers around mountains and fields, chasing after bug Pokémon. Though small, they flap their wings with great power. Their singing is noisy and annoying."

127. Starly

After returning to the Pokémon Center to recover my Pokémon and send my Starly to Cassius, I returned to the route to explore more of the tall grass. I quickly encountered a Staravia, but it escaped immediately with a Whirlwind attack.

"Staravia, the Starling Pokémon, and the evolved form of Starly. Staravia live in forests and fields. They maintain huge flocks, although fierce scuffles break out between various flocks, especially over territory."

Next up I found a wild Pikachu. Wait, no, that's too small for a Pikachu… and it has whiskers? Who's that Pokémon? I immediately threw a Poké Ball and caught it!

"Dedenne, the Antenna Pokémon. Dedenne use their tails to absorb electricity from power plants or from outlets in houses, and then they fire the electricity from their whiskers. These whiskers serve as antennas that send and receive electrical waves to communicate with others over vast distances."

128. Dedenne

Next I found a more familiar Pokémon, a Chingling! But I wasn't able to catch it. I also encountered a wild Nidorino.

"Chingling, the Bell Pokémon. Chingling have an orb inside each of their mouths. When they hop, the orb bounces all over and makes a ringing sound. They deafen foes by emitting high-frequency cries."

"Nidorino, the Poison Pin Pokémon, and the evolved form of a male Nidoran. Nidorino are aggressive Pokémon that are quick to attack. They raise their big ears to check their surroundings. If they sense anything, they attack immediately. The horns on their heads secrete a powerful venom."

After a little further searching, I finally found another Chingling that I was able to catch.

129. Chingling

I some more training, and came across a rather unexpected sight. A wild Hariyama! That's a powerful evolved Pokémon, and I don't think I ever saw one wild before. And shortly after that, to no surprise, I found a wild Nidorina as well.

"Hariyama, the Arm Thrust Pokémon, and the evolved form of Makuhita. Hariyama love to match power with big-bodied Pokémon. They stomp on the ground to build power. They can knock a truck flying with their arm thrusts."

"Nidorina, the Poison Pin Pokémon, and the evolved form of a female Nidoran. Nidorina have gentle temperaments. When feeding their young, they first chew their food into a paste, and then spit it out for their offspring. They emit ultrasonic cries that have the power to befuddle foes."

I received a message from Professor Sycamore on the Holo Caster. He informed me that he had heard that there was someone calling himself the Mega Evolution Guru in Shalour City, so he asked if I could check it out to see what I could find out about. I'm heading in that direction anyway, so I told him I'd be sure to look into it.

February 19, 2014

Finally, I get a day off from work! First thing in the morning I had Kangaskhan, Lunatone, Machop, Woobat, Bagon, and Swirlix sent to me. Time to train on Miroir Way. During the afternoon, I found a wild Throh! It knocked out half of my Pokémon, but I eventually was able to catch it.

"Throh, the Judo Pokémon. Throh use vines to weave their own belts. They change these belts as they get stronger. When they encounter foes bigger than they are, they want to throw them."

130. Throh

I trained that team the entire afternoon, then returned to the Pokémon Center and rotated six more Pokémon. This time it was Scraggy, Spoink, Doduo, Spritzee, Pancham, and Pikachu. I also received a handful of items from earning some Pokémiles in the Pokémilage Club. And I also received a new medal last week that I just noticed today.

Medals: 58
A-042-2 Adventure Egg Breeder A Medal to prove the decent parental instincts of people who hatched 10 Pokémon Eggs. 02/13/2014

Candyspider

The cotton candy archanid
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 14, 2016
Just started Pokemon Y two days ago and I love every minute of it. I've always been a fan of the franchise and the only one game I don't own (yet) is Black or White 2 when I took a major hiatus after losing my copy of Platinum in a move (so many lost shinies and event pokemon...so much sadness).

Feb 19 2014

Joined Pokecommunity and instantly liked to site, I'll probably stick around so I'll start hanging curtains any day now.

Learned that Vivillon has 18 different color schemes so that will keep me awake at night. This game preys mercilessly on my magpie nature. I'll have at least two of each version and the shinies by the time I'm even remotely satisfied.

I've already beaten the first gym leader and picked Charmander. My current team is now:

Flabebe/Celebi/Pikachu/Fletchinder<3/Bunnelby/Frogadier

I'm now compulsively trying to raise EVs through Super Training. At this rate I'm never getting to the Elite Four.

Ruyu

Gliscor's Biggest Fan
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 4, 2014
Im not sure where to post this but just mentioning this:

Changing your DS time DOES ruin time events! I ruined my save file so now I had to restart at 7 badges :( i now dont even have a character left anymore :/ showed me how bad restartjng sucks :/

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
So I have started working on having a complete Pokémon collection with each Pokémon and their evolutions. I've started with the Kalos dex. I needed to catch a few Flabebe so I chained for them. On the second chain I found a shiny! :D

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I finally completed my Vivillon collection today. I now have one of each of every Vivillon pattern. Yay! I think I got roughly 1/3 of the Vivillons from people here on PC, so thank you all.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
Started playing Pokemon X again the other day, I'm just entering Reflection cave after defeating the second gym leader

My Team:

Pidgeotto (Bird Jesus) Lv35
Nidorino (Moon King) Lv28
Lapras (Air Jordan) Lv25

I decided to nickname my team after the twitch plays pokemon Red stream, I have an Omanyte egg which I'm waiting to hatch (It's status is "It doesn't seem close to hatching" at the moment)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
I've restarted my extra copy of X that I barely used, and I've planned to do a third playthrough of X/Y. But this time choosing like suuper rare Pokémon like Taillow etc. Right now I've gotten to Cyllage, and this is my team:

Thorn (Qualladin or whatever it's called)
Threat (Swellow <3)
and a Venipede. I have no idea why I didn't nickname this thing ;-;

Back