• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

National Novel Writing Month 2015

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I have about 5,156 words right now. ^w^ I'm proud of myself so far. I actually stayed up after midnight to update my word count. I already had my first chapter done before it started! X3 I got so excited!

I wrote about four times yesterday. 8D I want to do a little pacing though so I can get my brain to think of ideas. If you want to read my story, you can find it here. ^w^

Delirious Absol

Call me Del
Years
  • Age 39
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
That's great, Deracine! =D It looks like we're all doing well.

I just had another writing bash and reached a total of 4,078 words! That's me caught up to yesterday's goal as well, so I'm slightly ahead! I had more planned for this chapter, but I might have to break it into two XD

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I'm handwriting my project this time around, since when I'm on the computer the internet is a little too distracting, so I don't have an exact word count. However, I've written about five pages today, so as long as I can keep that up, I have a chance on completing the challenge this year.

I'm actually really enjoying how the story is coming out so far, so here's hoping it'll continue!

How are you people writing so quickly?

Bay

Years
I like the idea of a Nano Skype. I'd really like to chat writing with other writers. How would it work though?

Basically I'll make an announcement soon asking for people's skype usernames and I'll add them to a skype chatroom (I'll have the room name something like "PC NaNo 2015" or something like that ). But yeah, I'll have more info concerning that Wednesday maybe (Tuesdays are pretty busy for me, lol).

I'd be fine with a skype group for this! As long as we still post in here as well.

Yeah everyone can post here too, the chat won't replace this thread.

Tonight I was able to add in almost 1600 words so right now I have almost 3K! The next scene I'm supposed to write I'm a bit unsure how to go about it, but after that are the next scenes I'm really excited for.

Looks it everyone is fine with a Skype chatroom! I'll see about doing a proper announcement and info concerning that within a couple days, so keep an eye on this thread!

Years
I'd be up for a Skype chatroom!

Anyway, I'm currently working on a Pokemon nuzlocke fanfic (that I have actually been writing since September, whoops. ^^;;) For the month of November, I've written around 7000 words, give or take a few, putting me slightly ahead.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
My goal is about five pages a day, which I think will keep me on track with everyone else. Handwriting it makes it a little harder to keep track of word count, haha.

I've wrote two this morning before work, and I plan to write three more before I go to bed. It's been a while since I've worked on a novel, and I must admit, it feels amazing to be seeing a character you made turn into a real person on the page.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
Hurk, I haven't even started on mine. However, I just got a burst of inspiration last night. I think I know what I want to write now.

And hopefully, this burst of inspiration will be enough to compensate for the past 4 days. :T

Hooray impromptu writing

NidoKingdra

Envy The Dead
Years
Unfortunately I was not able to reach my goal today. 1400, but it's kinda because I was writing in the passenger seat on the way to and back from west virginia, and I may have written a chunk of it cross-legged on the side of the road after a crash, waiting for a towtruck to come and pick up a totaled vehicle. Dedication. >.>

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
This is my first year doing it, so my approach is a little haphazard but I'm still working on getting into the mindset of just write, write, write. I'm a complete perfectionist and I typically require a ton of outlining and plot planning before I actually even begin writing, so this is throwing me for a tailspin, tbh.

I only have ~3,300 words atm, but I've gotten in almost 2,000 words just since last night, so if I keep up this pace I should be around the goal word count pretty soon. I might just go no-life and write until my hands fall off this weekend, lol.

NidoKingdra

Envy The Dead
Years
You can do it! Me, I'm taking a day to just get my bearings. Last night was pretty awful, I'll probably finish up the 2000 words I was supposed to do yesterday. It should still leave me over the current par word count, and I'll hopefully be able to get back to writing full force tomorrow.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
And once again, I'm hitting the fact that I'm a slow writer, haha.

During the work week I'm not quite able to hit the five page goal every day, which means that I'll have to rely on my days off to get a lot of writing done. I'm still twenty-one pages in so far, and that's really good for me. It's the most I've ever written in this short of a time frame, so even if I miss my goal I'm still very happy with the way it's turning out so far.

Bay

Years
Got over 8K words so far and plan to hit 9K tonight. I've hit a bit of a stump, though, so hopefully I'll be able to come up with somehthing.

Now, sorry guys for the delay in setting this up, but yeah quick info on the NaNo Skye Chat!

PC NaWriNoMo 2015 Skype Chat​

So, I have a Skype chat already set up with the name "PC NaWriNoMo". What happens is you guys send me your skype username (through PM) and then I'll invite you to the chat. So yeah, for those that want to join PM me!

As mentioned before, the Skype chat will not be a replacement for this thread.

Delirious Absol

Call me Del
Years
  • Age 39
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
After a three-day break, I'm a little behind. I hit 11,088 words today. I'd like to write more but I've been going for a few hours now lol.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Lord, life caught up with me lol. Unfortunately I've gotta drop NaNo this year, unless I can strike an idea with enough material and plot to let me work double time for the next two weeks.

Delirious Absol

Call me Del
Years
  • Age 39
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
17,134 words. I've finished my main fanfic. Time to work on some oneshots now. I might count the short cute story I'm working on for fun in my wordcount tomorrow. I hadn't considered that earlier D=

Back