• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
If all of the other games can get remakes or sequels, I don't see why R/S/E can't get remade too. Hoenn is my absolute favourite region after Kanto, they MUST make a remake! Hopefully it won't be on the 3DS because I'm the sort of person who doesn't have one and can be bothered to get it just for one game :P.

The main characters' bodies will probably be stretched like in B/W. Maybe they'll add evolutions to some 3rd Gen Pokemon as well. The music would be awesome, Gen III's music is classic.

Hopefully, Game Freak will give us an amazing remake :D.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
If all of the other games can get remakes or sequels, I don't see why R/S/E can't get remade too. Hoenn is my absolute favourite region after Kanto, they MUST make a remake! Hopefully it won't be on the 3DS because I'm the sort of person who doesn't have one and can be bothered to get it just for one game :P.

The main characters' bodies will probably be stretched like in B/W. Maybe they'll add evolutions to some 3rd Gen Pokemon as well. The music would be awesome, Gen III's music is classic.

Hopefully, Game Freak will give us an amazing remake :D.

Well you're going to have to get it eventually for Gen VI anyway, so why not start if RS remakes kick off the 3DS? Unless of course you plan on staying with Gen V and below forever with your DS, haha.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Possible Dissent?

Also, who's to say we won't get a game at all in 2013? There was no game released in 2003, between R/S and FR/LG, 2005, between Emerald and D/P, 2007, between D/P and Pt, and 2011, between B/W and B/W2.

Honestly, I might actually need a break from new Pokémon games in order to catch up with them; I haven't even gotten to purchase Pokémon Black Version yet! For heaven's sake, Nintendo; can you let me play FireRed and SoulSilver all the way through so that I can catch the release of the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald remakes before going back to play Diamond? Maybe then I can start on Generation V in the hope that I can realign my little piece of reality with the rest of the world.

The main characters' bodies will probably be stretched like in B/W. Maybe they'll add evolutions to some 3rd Gen Pokémon as well. .

You know, that reminds me that I'm not quite ready for the main games of the Pokémon franchise to receive the treatment of full 3D rendering untilIfinish my games, which I might start a discussion thread for because I'm still designing it even though I intend to have it published. I would prefer that GameFreak pursue alternate graphical styles, like one that would unify the games' style with that of the anime, for the time being. When it comes to evolutions, I would like to know what kinds that you guys might like to see in future Pokémon games. I might like to see more branched evolutions in a manner that might unite old and new Pokémon. For example, could a basic Pokémon able to evolve into either Magikarp or Feebas exist?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
While the new game isn't Pokemon Related, GameFreak HAS put out a 3DS title onto the Market today. I think its fairly safe to assume that we can get the next game, be it Gen 6 or Remakes, on the 3DS since GameFreak is now producing 3DS games.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
While the new game isn't Pokemon Related, GameFreak HAS put out a 3DS title onto the Market today. I think its fairly safe to assume that we can get the next game, be it Gen 6 or Remakes, on the 3DS since GameFreak is now producing 3DS games.

The trailer was funny, especially at the end, haha. I liked the homage to Pokemon too(pay attention and you'll notice the Reshiram in the background, while a battle theme is played on the level). It actually looks really fun.

Back on topic more...the thing that makes me more curious as to what RSEmakes on the 3DS(or Gen 6) will look like is how RH:HK uses a variety of styles throughout it: side-scrolling, 2D, and real 3D(both graphic wise and stereoscopic obviously).

Sirfetch’d

I hope it is on the 3ds. A few things that are needed in the remakes are.
-Fix Mirage Island. Too hard to reach just for a berry and wynauts.
-Make your rival use a FULLY EVOLVED STARTER! IDK why GF decided not to make your rival's starter evolve all the way. It was crazy.
-Battle Wally more. You have Wally as a rival but you only battle him ONCE before you head to the pokemon league.
-(If Emerald is the one being remade) Lower Rayquaza's level. Level 70 is way too high for a pre-elite four pokemon.
-Take away HMs. This is needed for all future games. All water pokemon can swim and all flying pokemon can fly. It is outrageous for you to have to waste a move slot on an HM. Make all HMs TMs because Surf is not bad, but the rest are wasteful.
-And last but not least....Make sure the Battle Frontier is in the game. It was one of the best parts of Emerald and it needs to return.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
-Make your rival use a FULLY EVOLVED STARTER! IDK why GF decided not to make your rival's starter evolve all the way. It was crazy.
-Battle Wally more. You have Wally as a rival but you only battle him ONCE before you head to the pokemon league.
-(If Emerald is the one being remade) Lower Rayquaza's level. Level 70 is way too high for a pre-elite four pokemon.
-Take away HMs. This is needed for all future games. All water pokemon can swim and all flying pokemon can fly. It is outrageous for you to have to waste a move slot on an HM. Make all HMs TMs because Surf is not bad, but the rest are wasteful.
-And last but not least....Make sure the Battle Frontier is in the game. It was one of the best parts of Emerald and it needs to return.

In addition to this, make team Magma and Aqua a little smart, I don't know how using
the red orb to Kyogre, blue orb to Groudon makes sense...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

He's a Psuedo Rival that takes the "Championship Rival" role away from the other Gendered PC. Since he wasn't the main rival, you don't have to battle him that much. Wouldn't really make sense to add more of him when he doesn't pertain to the main story. He's just a little extra.

Nothing wrong with Rayquaza's level. You aren't meant to catch it Pre-E4. If you did, good for you.

HMs are a staple to the videogames. Swimming =/= Surf. Flying =/= Fly. There was never anything wrong with them. They were made to not be deletable for a reason what ever that may be. If it isn't broke, don't try to fix it.

Mirage Island also is just a bonus. Doesn't need to be fixed since it isn't broken. Course it may not exist in the remake either.

As for starter. None were at the level to evolve so I can't see why they should evolve.

Battle frontier would be kinda duh add in. It only exists in Remakes and Third games. Whether we get Hoenn's Battle Frontier or some new one is a different story though. I would like a new one so its not a stale copy paste, though I don't really like the battle frontier enough to try each facility more than once.

In addition to this, make team Magma and Aqua a little smart, I don't know how using
the red orb to Kyogre, blue orb to Groudon makes sense...

Kyogre's tattoo/relic signs are red and Groudon's are supposed to be blue as seen in the movie. Also an opposite polar tool to control a mythical beast is kinda iconic to a lot of monster genre's that follow a similar pattern. They were that way in the Anime as well. So after setting it as it is for all this time, I can't see them randomly changing that.

Only things i really want back are (as I stated before) Old School Pokemon Contests and Secret Bases. Those were the only redeeming quality for the Gen 3 games for me. So much they can do with Contests and the Secret Bases with Wifi.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
It's really hard to tell what there are going to do. I think that a remake of RSE is likely, but they've already broken the mold with B2/W2. Instead of doing a Grey Version they've opted to make a direct sequel to a game (something they haven't done since RB to GS). If things go well with B2/W2 (I'm not familiar with the storyline of BW or the sequels) then they may opt to make a B3/W3 for 3DS or even make a cross generational game or something.

As far as if it will be on DS or 3DS. I'm gonna have to side with 3DS...the DS is on its way out and its already pushing its limits by have 2 generations on one platform.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
I don't even see how the debate between DS and 3DS is even happening. The DS is a dying platform. It is at the end of it's life and as far as Pokemon games are concerned it has well exceeded the normal expectations of a handheld generation. Two generations on one handheld console is something they've never done before. I think that everyone should just be happy with that fact and hope they release these remakes for the 3DS at all.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
I don't even see how the debate between DS and 3DS is even happening. The DS is a dying platform. It is at the end of it's life and as far as Pokemon games are concerned it has well exceeded the normal expectations of a handheld generation. Two generations on one handheld console is something they've never done before. I think that everyone should just be happy with that fact and hope they release these remakes for the 3DS at all.

Exactly... perhaps it people who dont understand that 3DS is not just another DS... it just makes no sense otherwise .___.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It'll proably be 3Ds, if not than Pokémon is really fearing changing to 3D... if they don't change than perhaps this really is the end of Pokémon...
I hope we get some hints anime wise soon as it'll add some hype to the remakes like it did with GS' remakes.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
So it's like 99.9% conformed on 3DS, I have to get it anytime soon possible...
It's not announced or anything yet. So you'll be waiting at least two years I'd say.

I think we're at least a year and half out from a Japanese release date if previous Pokemon game releases are any indication of when the next games after Black and White 2 are to come out.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
It's really hard to tell what there are going to do. I think that a remake of RSE is likely, but they've already broken the mold with B2/W2. Instead of doing a Grey Version they've opted to make a direct sequel to a game (something they haven't done since RB to GS).

Would just like to note that GS was a sequel to RB, so it's not entirely breaking the mold.

I believe the games will more than likely be on the 3DS exclusively though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back