• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years

don't care what you say about the wiki, but it's simpler this way

Like i said fan speculation. All it says is they know from in game details. What details?! So what if the Celio event mentions connecting with the hoenn pc girl. That doesn't really prove that it does. Bw and b2w2 have proved that we can trade without time machines. Who knows RsE could take place along with bw. There was a plasma grunt that mentioned Team Rocket and Galactic but said nothing about Aqua or Magma.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Like i said fan speculation. All it says is they know from in game details. What details?! So what if the Celio event mentions connecting with the hoenn pc girl. That doesn't really prove that it does. Bw and b2w2 have proved that we can trade without time machines. Who knows RsE could take place along with bw. There was a plasma grunt that mentioned Team Rocket and Galactic but said nothing about Aqua or Magma.

There are references from both Lanette and Bill linking the two together also with the Pokemon Box Ruby/Sapphire where they introduce Lanette's Sister, the third member that created the original storage box. Both were said to be created at the same time. Lanette finished updating her box before Bill and with Bill's help updated it further between FR/LG and Emerald.

HG/SS Steven appears and introduces himself as the Champion of Hoenn and makes a vague reference to the PCs from the R/S games.

Those are the only major connections between the games both made/planted by Gamefreak themselves. Its not as much Fan Speculation is as the support against the current placement which is more speculation with lack of proof than the support for the current placement.

The current timeline created is facts from the games used to piece together the timeline, and based on game data, they is nothing to support that Hoenn isn't at the same time as R/B/Y/FR/LG.

Depending on what they do with Generation 6, this could upset the current time line so unless it happens in the past around the time of R/B/Y/FR/LG/R/S/E the remakes would most likely be past references and get no references to the newer generations outside of "Far Away Regions"

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
There are references from both Lanette and Bill linking the two together also with the Pokemon Box Ruby/Sapphire where they introduce Lanette's Sister, the third member that created the original storage box. Both were said to be created at the same time. Lanette finished updating her box before Bill and with Bill's help updated it further between FR/LG and Emerald.

HG/SS Steven appears and introduces himself as the Champion of Hoenn and makes a vague reference to the PCs from the R/S games.

Those are the only major connections between the games both made/planted by Gamefreak themselves. Its not as much Fan Speculation is as the support against the current placement which is more speculation with lack of proof than the support for the current placement.

The current timeline created is facts from the games used to piece together the timeline, and based on game data, they is nothing to support that Hoenn isn't at the same time as R/B/Y/FR/LG.

That first one is still nothing solid to support it either. Nothing major shows up in either game about the other.

If Lanette and Bill are indeed co-workers, they more than likely worked on the project for some time; that doesn't have much to do with the actual main events of the Gens themselves. I'm not saying that they are only used for being able to cross-region trade, but that they aren't anything that should constitute as solid obviously. They only really prove that the 2 regions can communicate fully, at least sometime near the end of Gen I's events. (Trading compatibility should be the least proof anyways, as there are already impossible ways to trade; Ex: being able to trade Pokes back to I from II under certain conditions)

As for Steven's vague reference, that only really shows that Gen III probably occurs before VI and II, like how Ranger slightly hints at that. Remember, we have nothing solid for it happening at the exact same time as Gen I, so that still leaves the 3 year gap between I and VI/II available as a possibility as well. The odd thing is how Steven messes with our minds by refering to himself being Champion during HGSS.

When are we going to get off this timeline subject though? Have tried to not get involved in it, but it seems to be unavoidable. Despite that, it doesn't really have anything to do with the actual thread topic.

Trying to get back on topic...does anyone think Secret Bases will have more function than just decorating/battling said friend every so often?

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
I can imagine they could expand on the Secret Base feature, it was kind of limited back in the day but now with all the Wi-Fi & Dream World features I'm sure they can make something good of it.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
wouldn't surprise me if they replace it with something very similar to the Underground, and being able to buy decorations with spheres

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
I'm not saying the Underground is bad, as it was fun in it's own right, but I think the original secret bases work much better in this case. Rather than just running through some underground cave system, it felt much better to explore the different kinds of bases that you could make from different things; that felt much more suited for an area like Hoenn.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I would like the original secret bases to reappear. Perhaps we can use pass orbs rather than sphere's to buy stuff for them.
Speaking of which do you think the remakes will have high link? and how will we gain access to the dream world...unless they save that post game and give us mostly hollows to find DW pokémon.
I hope they allow us to explore the "island" around Pacifidlog.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
But that still doesn't mean it's definitely being saved for another game. And with all the other characters available for battles post-game like Alder, Cynthia, Cheren, Bianca, N, Banjiro, and the Game Freak guys around, facing the Gym Leaders doesn't seem so important.

I also doubt Pokemon following will be back. It was a neat little feature, but ultimately useless and pointless. All it really did was show our Pokemon and pick up a few items. Not really a feature worth an "IT'S BACK!!!" kind of treatment.

"Pointless" features are needed to make games more unique. There's many features in every game which could be deleted, but why? For example, they made sprite animations for all trainers in B2/W2. It's pointless, but who cares? It's standard of gaming development to keep removing and bringing back features to keep people interested in games.

They brought back limited rematches with Gym Leaders in B2/W2, kinda like in Platinum. I expect them to bring back unlimited rematches in R/S remakes, just like in HG/SS. Hidden Hollows in B2/W2 are technically brought back Secret Bases without customizations. R/S remakes should have Secret Bases brought back with customizations.

That would be like having a new generation happen in 2013 with RSE remakes and then again in 2014 for Gen 6. That's a lot of compatibility issues to think about. Remakes wouldn't be fully compatible with either the other Gen 5 games or Gen 6 once new Pokemon and moves are introduced. It would be stuck in between the two generations, like a Gen 5.5 all by itself.

Why remakes on 3DS would be incompatible with gen 5? If they don't introduce any new Pokemon, attacks, etc, there should be no problem. Dream Radar is for 3DS and has no compatibility problems with B2/W2.

See the pattern? Usually, movie details come out in December, a Pokemon or forme that is to star in the next movie is revealed in February, and then movie premieres in July, followed by a September game release of some kind. With Genesect already being shown, what is there left to reveal next February? Nothing but a new Pokemon. The Kami trio Therian formes I believe have been confirmed for Best Wishes 2, so they'll have their time in the series.

Talking about patterns... you should notice that next gen Pokemon are main stars only after all movie Pokemon from current gen already had their movies, meaning no gen 6 star in Genesect movie. I thought Genesect won't be getting it's own movie because of most likely being revealed in this year, but now it looks like Genesect movie will be associated with with R/S remakes in 2013, much like Arceus movie with HG/SS. The reason why they started to revealing Genesect now is most likely it's presence in Pokedex 3D Pro.
Genesect will probably be announced like Victini - being already known year before and confirmed later to be main star.

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
Years
Whew a lot of speculation to catch up on. There are only a few things I have to say at the moment though.

While internationally, Pokemon Yellow was the third game released, it is not considered a third version in the ways that Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum are. Pokemon Yellow was loosely based off the anime featuring Ash. Therefore when making FR/LG the components of Yellow were ignored because it wasn't meant to be part of the original games (plus no one wanted to run around with a Pikachu who couldn't evolve if you wanted him to).

It is assumed that R/S/E takes place at the same time as FR/LG and D/P/PT with HG/SS and with the game hints there's little point in arguing that R/S/E is closer to 5th gen as it takes place at least 3+ years after HG/SS.

But this can also explain why Giovanni is in the PWT. After being defeated by Gold, he gave up on ever reviving Team Rocket and went into training. Also if I remember right, the public only thinks that Giovanni abandoned his position as a Gym Leader; they do not know that he was the leader of Team Rocket. The only ones who do are Red, Green/Blue, Gold, and Silver. Meaning that in the time skip he could have come back and regained his role, but we'll never know what happens to Kanto during this time. Course PWT isn't canon so this isn't much to discuss.

It might be simpler for them to remake Emerald, because it's events tied a bit more with both games than Crystal did with Gold and Silver. Plus it wouldn't make a big fuss of Team Magma/Aqua not existing in one of the games. It would also give reason for Rayquaza being present as he is part of the trio and just can't be ignored. However, they could change the events around and make Steven the Champion and Wallace a powerful wandering trainer.

Another way is to remake R/S and have you side with one team to stop the other. For example in a Sapphire remake, you would side with Team Aqua to stop Team Magma and end up helping them get Kyogre. However, the two Legends are locked in battle creating chaos and so the player is sent to awaken Rayquaza to stop the battle. All incorporating the features from Emerald, but leaving Steven as the Champion and Wallace as a Gym Leader.

On the note of B/W breaking patterns, in a way they didn't. They claimed they were starting over with B/W to welcome new people to the franchise and the next games ended up being sequels. Going back to R/B/G, the beginning, the next games made (we're excluding Yellow because it was a special edition for Pikachu, because people wanted to be Ash) were sequels that took place 3 years later. While B2/W2 isn't Gen 6 it's still sort of follows Pokemon game pattern if it is truly considered a reboot.

Now my spill is over. Don't kill my points too brutally. :p

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Voice the Rse=rgby/frlg timeline is only fan speculation. Nothing confirms they happen simultaneously.

My point was that wombateiro's claim that RSE will be remade next is because they fit into the timeline of B2W2. However, if that is the case, that would also mean all other remakes occured due to being part of the same timeline, including FRLG occuring at the same time as RSE, which contradicts his RSE occuring with B2W2 and Janine's appearance as a Gym Leader and Red and Lance being Champions. I was actually trying to argue that using timeline as a reason can't be done.

I actually don't believe a Gen has to have occured in the same timeline to be remade. We already have alternate universes (N and Reshiram/Zekrom, Team Magma and Team Aqua being evil) so it really shouldn't mean there is an absolute set of events that occurs.

"Pointless" features are needed to make games more unique. There's many features in every game which could be deleted, but why? For example, they made sprite animations for all trainers in B2/W2. It's pointless, but who cares? It's standard of gaming development to keep removing and bringing back features to keep people interested in games.

Exactly, if every game had following in it, it wouldn't be unique. The difference with these sprite animations is that they are far more advanced, unlike the limited animation we've seen before. Sort of like how B/W introduced the fully animated Pokemon, B2W2 fully animated (well, until they send out a Pokemon) trainers.

But the point again is that just because following and Gym Leader rematches specifically aren't there, doesn't mean this Generation has another installment coming just to include those features again.

They brought back limited rematches with Gym Leaders in B2/W2, kinda like in Platinum. I expect them to bring back unlimited rematches in R/S remakes, just like in HG/SS. Hidden Hollows in B2/W2 are technically brought back Secret Bases without customizations. R/S remakes should have Secret Bases brought back with customizations.

Again, I don't see the importance of facing the Gym Leaders again with all the extra characters we can battle now. In HG/SS, there were no special NPC's other than Red and your Rival on certain days to face again. B/W changed this.

"Why remakes on 3DS would be incompatible with gen 5? If they don't introduce any new Pokemon, attacks, etc, there should be no problem. Dream Radar is for 3DS and has no compatibility problems with B2/W2.

I meant FULL compatibility, like how HG/SS was fully compatible with D/P/Pt. No games designed for different systems have been fully compatible before. And the Dream Radar's compatibility isn't what I was talking about, I meant only the main series games. I doubt a DS designed game would fully work with one designed for the 3DS. We could probably use PokeTransfer like from Gen 3 to Gen 4 and Gen 4 to Gen 5, but battles and such would probably be out.

"Talking about patterns... you should notice that next gen Pokemon are main stars only after all movie Pokemon from current gen already had their movies, meaning no gen 6 star in Genesect movie. I thought Genesect won't be getting it's own movie because of most likely being revealed in this year, but now it looks like Genesect movie will be associated with with R/S remakes in 2013, much like Arceus movie with HG/SS. The reason why they started to revealing Genesect now is most likely it's presence in Pokedex 3D Pro.
Genesect will probably be announced like Victini - being already known year before and confirmed later to be main star.

Gen 5 has broken a lot of trends, but every February except for the Victini movie has been "reveal the star" month, but only Victini and Zekrom were confirmed at first. February revealed Reshiram would also be in the movie, and that 2 movies would happen, not just 1. Victini was not the "star" of the movie, both Reshiram and Zekrom were equally important to those movies, like Mew and Mewtwo shared the spotlight. So that was very different from any other February announcement, but it was still something new and something we didn't know about from the December announcement.

Also, B/W got the traditional September release in Japan with a US release in March 2011, 5 months later which is the standard I believe. But B2/W2 were released in June, 3 months earlier than usual with the US October release being about 3.5 months between the Japanese release. And again, look at how many Pokemon and formes were revealed this February. Every event Legendary has had its own movie, except Meloetta. They stuck it in the series. Why do that if not to save time? Why not make a movie with it? Why reveal so many Pokemon and formes so soon if Gen 5 is going to continue into 2014? Even Arceus was saved to be revealed the same year HG/SS were released, possibly because of the Arceus event in those games.

Regigigas was shown in the preview for the Platinum movie, but had a small role. Lugia and Ho-oh were shown in the preview for the Zoroark movie, but didn't even appear in it. For Genesect (a Pokemon that still hasn't officially been revealed yet) to appear a whole year before its movie should be a red flag. With it being a "new" Pokemon, I doubt it won't be in the movie. So, since we know about Genesect already, what new could there be in February to announce other than a Gen 6 Pokemon? All movies that served as part of the remake eras revealed old Pokemon like Celebi and the Johto trio first in December, then a new or event Pokemon in February. That hasn't changed.

Years
You know what I think? I think GameFreak is trolling us. Getting our hopes down for the remakes. And then next time you walk through Walmart you see the remakes.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
@ Voicerocker maybe they'll show a gimmicky Hoenn Pokemon like Notch eared Minun and Plusle. Remember Arceus' movie didn't show any generation 5 pokémon despite us speculating it would, perhaps Genesect's movie will simply have some Hoenn mons for promotion and they'll save the gen 6 for the next one which if their are remakes will proably focus on a Hoenn legend my guess is either Deoxys (because it's the last like Mew and Celebi before it) or Jiranchi (cute legend) and a gen VI Pokémon.

I wouldn't be surprise if GF was trolling us with making our hopes go down, I remember they did the same with Notch ear Pichu...everyone was expecting a gen V pokémon...

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
You know what I think? I think GameFreak is trolling us. Getting our hopes down for the remakes. And then next time you walk through Walmart you see the remakes.

Why would wal mart Be the first place you see them? The Internet will obviously be first.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
@ Voicerocker maybe they'll show a gimmicky Hoenn Pokemon like Notch eared Minun and Plusle. Remember Arceus' movie didn't show any generation 5 pokémon despite us speculating it would, perhaps Genesect's movie will simply have some Hoenn mons for promotion and they'll save the gen 6 for the next one which if their are remakes will proably focus on a Hoenn legend my guess is either Deoxys (because it's the last like Mew and Celebi before it) or Jiranchi (cute legend) and a gen VI Pokémon.

I wouldn't be surprise if GF was trolling us with making our hopes go down, I remember they did the same with Notch ear Pichu...everyone was expecting a gen V pokémon...

According to the info I found, the Notch eared Pichu was revealed in December '08, before Arceus was revealed in February '09. Arceus was the big reveal for that movie, but Genesect is being revealed for the movie now. That's what makes this case different. It would make sense for gimmick Hoenn Pokemon to be shown instead or revealed in December like Pichu was, but instead it's Genesect a whole year before the movie. There could be the chance that Genesect won't be in this movie at all, like Ho-oh and Lugia in the Zoroark movie, but those were old Pokemon. Plus, that December, Celebi was revealed for the movie, while Zoroark came in February. Genesect is still technically "new", so why put a new Pokemon in the preview if it isn't in it?

Also, they passed on making a movie for Meloetta for next year. The first time an event Pokemon won't have a full movie featuring it. Why skip Meloetta? They also revealed Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus 3 Februarys in a row. Keldeo and Meloetta were both revealed this year and now Genesect has officially appeared. Surely a proper reveal is coming soon, probably in time for the release of the Complete Pokedex and Pokedex Pro 3D.

February is the month of the event Pokemon reveal or totally new Pokemon reveal. There are no Unova Pokemon left.

#Emochu

ujhgjkjhgkujhjkhjkhkhkhhk hjkhj
Years
Does anyone think it would really be necessary to have Ruby and Sapphire remakes? Game Freak's "IT PRINTS MONEY" scheme is getting old, and there are apparently rumours that it'll be an Emerald remake.

I personally would want one big remake with new features which outstand the game from previous remakes.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
It might be simpler for them to remake Emerald, because it's events tied a bit more with both games than Crystal did with Gold and Silver. Plus it wouldn't make a big fuss of Team Magma/Aqua not existing in one of the games. It would also give reason for Rayquaza being present as he is part of the trio and just can't be ignored. However, they could change the events around and make Steven the Champion and Wallace a powerful wandering trainer.

Another way is to remake R/S and have you side with one team to stop the other. For example in a Sapphire remake, you would side with Team Aqua to stop Team Magma and end up helping them get Kyogre. However, the two Legends are locked in battle creating chaos and so the player is sent to awaken Rayquaza to stop the battle. All incorporating the features from Emerald, but leaving Steven as the Champion and Wallace as a Gym Leader.

Yeah, basically any changes would make more sense than not changing things. Like your ideas for example.

Which brings me back to my original point. Why then insist on plain remakes that mostly just upgrade the graphics, instead of making a new game right away?

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2015
We spent two generations on the Ds, so if Hoenn isn't remade this gen it will never have been in the ds rather the 3Ds which will be the handheld for Gen VI (unless Gf plans to drag on making DS games...). The rushing of this generation gives me the impression that they want to end the gen as quick as possible to start making 3DS games.

So I'm starting to think that it will be for gen VI.

I honestly think Gen V will last awhile, and there'll be a few more games for both the 3DS and DS, including the inevitable R/S remakes.

I honestly don't wanna see a Gen VI. I just don't see what else they could do, new Pokemon wise at least. If it's just a new story, then I'm all for it.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
I honestly don't wanna see a Gen VI. I just don't see what else they could do, new Pokemon wise at least. If it's just a new story, then I'm all for it.

You must have a really awful imagination.

Pokemon designs have unlimited options, from being based on millions of real life organisms, thousands of mythological creatures, reverse mimicry for inanimate obejcts, or even just cliches, stereotypes, puns, or heck even things like just fighting techniques or other concepts and ideas.
Not to mention the infinite combinations of any of these.

With BW they have proven that even if they intentionally go and use the same concepts, they still manage to make them completely fresh and unique.

Do I have to point out the hundreds of dedicated fakemon creators, uploading thousands of their own pokemon and never running out of ideas simply because the franchise has the limits set at the edge of the possible.

lol

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Yeah, basically any changes would make more sense than not changing things. Like your ideas for example.

Which brings me back to my original point. Why then insist on plain remakes that mostly just upgrade the graphics, instead of making a new game right away?
I can answer that question with one word: Money. Even if the remakes are an exact copy of Ruby/Sapphire with updated graphics, people will still buy them. Luckily Game Freak are smart enough to at least include a fair few changes in the gameplay, as they did with HG/SS.

Also, I agree with the suggestion that R/S/E remakes are likely to be made in Gen VI. GF have already given us two paired games this gen, and on the whole it feels as though Gen V is coming to a close, especially with eventual retirement of the DS console and the 3DS taking the spotlight.

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2015
You must have a really awful imagination.

Pokemon designs have unlimited options, from being based on millions of real life organisms, thousands of mythological creatures, reverse mimicry for inanimate obejcts, or even just cliches, stereotypes, puns, or heck even things like just fighting techniques or other concepts and ideas.
Not to mention the infinite combinations of any of these.

With BW they have proven that even if they intentionally go and use the same concepts, they still manage to make them completely fresh and unique.

Do I have to point out the hundreds of dedicated fakemon creators, uploading thousands of their own pokemon and never running out of ideas simply because the franchise has the limits set at the edge of the possible.

lol

I don't have an awful imagination, I'm just getting sick of the new pokemon, new region, new starters thingo they do every new gen. It's honestly getting repetitive.

I'd love for them to focus more on the story. They did it extremely well in b/w, especially when continuing it in another game. I'd love to see more continuations in stories, rather than whole new generations of Pokemon every 4 years. We have plenty now that just seem very under utilized every gen, and will continue to be even moreso once new Pokemon are introduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back