• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Stellar Crimson

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
[a id]top[/a id]Pokémon Stellar Crimson Version
intro| story | features | screenshots | credits | releases

ROM Base: Fire Red [BPRE]
Author: NiKaNoRoU

[a id]intro[/a id]

Introduction

Hello everyone, this is slave NiKaNoRoU and you're seeing my third attempt of a hack. Hopefully I'll stick to this one wholeheartedly. Before we begin, some pointers about this hack; It's a solo project, and I'm relying mostly on myself for it, and will only ask help on where I can't deal with (that's probably music hacking and insertion). There will be no ASM hacking involved here, I think. The updates on this thread are not going to be that frequent and definately not screenshot after screenshot. They're going to be detailed and revealing. Finally, I will be taking my time on it, as I have college and slavework to attend to.

[a id]story[/a id]

Story

"The ground trembles. Oh, why have you forgotten us, Astral Spirit? Where art thou?"
Words of a dark future echo as you yourself see light within your own quest. As you begin to set off, yet another quake will cut your heart in half. But you will continue. It is your fate to stitch that wounded soil, the new generation, the young prodigy!
You then wake up. You see you've been playing too much Dragon Quest on your NES. Okay, it's time to go! you may not be a prodigy or something, but today you will become a Pokémon TRAINER! Given that, you happily move out to the stairs below. But it seems like the ground is shaking. A quake is commencing. "Wait, weren't the quakes part of my dreams? ..."

[a id]feat[/a id]

Features

• New graphics - tiles, sprites and many new pixel wonders
  • 386 obtainable pokémon - with 36 Sinnoh residentials replacing the starters
  • Improved Constants - new movesets, move tutors, move stats and Evolution types
  • The region of Zulfer - with much more secrets than just eight gyms
  • The Nephilim Cult - "those who oppose our cause shall perish along with the sand!"
  • Gender differences - The storyline changes depending on your gender
And many more to come!

[a id]screen[/a id]

Screenshots

ea4nj8.png
11kfogi.png
5wgizq.png
2ed2jbs.png

[a id]credit[/a id]

Credits

The creators of all tools and tutorials on this forum.
Spherical Ice for this wonderful CSS and for volunteering to insert some stuff for me.

[a id]release[/a id]

Releases

Bag_Magmarizer_Sprite.png
Demo

-----------------------------
Release Date: October 22
Length: 5% of total gameplay
Bugs: None so far
-----------------------------​

[???="css by spherical ice"]crimson stellar (c) NiKaNoRoU[/???]

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
The slave bug man has finally given us a new offering, and it is looking sweet :P

I'm really liking that meancing door in the fourth screenshot and the textboxes are just wonderful. No custom Pokemon this time round? I though you were a spriter ;_;

Keep this going mate, its looking great :P

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
good job successfully creating a buzz with this one. It looks nice and i truly love the grass tiles. I just noticed this is out about a month earlier than shown in your sig.

Last edited:

nasonex

is trying to learn how to hack
Years
I think what he meant is the release of the demo.

Anyways, It's good to see these! Very nice choice of
tiles! And the Mapping? It's great! Its simplicity gave the
maps a nice touch.

Good Luck with this one NiKaNoRoU!

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Finally its up huh..the story is appealing,very mysterious since its short,but explain the main part.xD
cool features,nice screenshots..love the sealed door tile..
looks great..good luck on this,
can't wait to try the demo
Thank you. I'm not going to develop the storyline any more, though. It's a fine prologue if you ask me.
The slave bug man has finally given us a new offering, and it is looking sweet :P

I'm really liking that meancing door in the fourth screenshot and the textboxes are just wonderful. No custom Pokemon this time round? I though you were a spriter ;_;

Keep this going mate, its looking great :P
Thank you, scientits. I'm trying my best to add a lot of new overworlds as well as other things, but always FR styled.

I was planning to remake all the frames of the current 386 eventually, there I said it. But no fakes this time around.

good job successfully creating a buzz with this one. It looks nice and i truly love the grass tiles. I just noticed this is out about a month earlier than shown in your sig.
October 22 is the release of the Demo, stated at the end of the post. Thank you anyway, the grass is the normal Emerald grass and I love it, too, perhaps you were talking about the palettes...?
I think what he meant is the release of the demo.

Anyways, It's good to see these! Very nice choice of
tiles! And the Mapping? It's great! Its simplicity gave the
maps a nice touch.

Good Luck with this one NiKaNoRoU!
Thanks a bunch, nasonex! though you can't tell a lot about the maps from the screenshots, huh? Anyway, I'll fill up more screenshots soon.
Will the Sinnoh pokemon have Sinnoh moves?
Not really, but a big portion of all the pokemon will have new movesets. Thanks for reminding me that, I'll add it to the features.

Years
Lookin' good, Nika. Lovin' the new graphical front (palettes, tile mixtures, textbox, etc.), and the story (or lack thereof) has me hooked. <:

I'll be keeping an eye on this; good luck!

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Well, this seems really good, but are you sure you want to set a release date?

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Yo, Nika! Maybe you have forgotten already, but the OWs for my Hack are not done yet.
When will you start working on it? It doesn't matter if you don't start it, I have another OW Spriter already. But it seems that your abilities on OW Spriting is better than his.

Anyways, nice Hack and screens. Is it just me, or is that all of the NPC OWs are being remade?

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Lookin' good, Nika. Lovin' the new graphical front (palettes, tile mixtures, textbox, etc.), and the story (or lack thereof) has me hooked. <:

I'll be keeping an eye on this; good luck!
The storyline will be further explained later on, with updates. Thank you very much Icy balls =]
Well, this seems really good, but are you sure you want to set a release date?
The set date is first of all a reminder to me. A reminder that I need to finish it by then (Oct 22 is my birthday). Also, I hope I can make it by then because afterwards I'll be having trouble with my slave tool (aka free time).
Yo, Nika! Maybe you have forgotten already, but the OWs for my Hack are not done yet.
When will you start working on it? It doesn't matter if you don't start it, I have another OW Spriter already. But it seems that your abilities on OW Spriting is better than his.

Anyways, nice Hack and screens. Is it just me, or is that all of the NPC OWs are being remade?
[off-topic]I don't remember anything lol[/off-topic]

Thanks. It's probably just you, not that it didn't cross my mind. But I'm not plunging that far into my hack yet. For now it's probably only some palette changes, but I assure you that every character that occures more than once will be remade.

The screens show the two main characters, as well as two rival trainers of Stellar Crimson.

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I really like your textbox it seems very appealing. The screenshot with the big steel (I think) door was a great choice. The hero's/Rival's OWs looks pretty too.
I'll be sure to play the beta when it comes out ;D

Good luck on this~

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Since I can't actually tell much about the story I'll just have to say that I have just fallen madly in love with your giant steel/stone door in the fourth screenshot. It's just... so... imposing...

Back