• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Possible Live Action Legend of Zelda Series

Do you think that Netflix could give a Legend of Zelda live action series justice to the game series

• Total voters

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Before people ask, even though this is media related this will stay in Video Games:

Netlfix is possibly making a live action series adapted on the Legend of Zelda - what are your opinions on this? Who would you like to see play either Link, Zelda, etc? How would you like the story to take it's course?

Talk. Discuss. It's not officially confirmed yet by neither Nintendo nor Netflix (i.e. public addresses confirming the matter) but it's always fun to speculate.​

Sir Codin

Considering the last TV adaptation of Legend of Zelda was rather hit or miss (well, excuuuuuse me, princess), I'm skeptical if there even is any kind of way Netflix could pull something like this off.

Yukari

Considering the last TV adaptation of Legend of Zelda was rather hit or miss (well, excuuuuuse me, princess), I'm skeptical if there even is any kind of way Netflix could pull something like this off.
If you ask me, the Legend of Zelda cartoon tried too much to be like the Super Mario Bros Super Show instead of trying to be its own thing. (Unless you're talking about some other Zelda TV show that I don't know about, that also had the line "Well excuuuuuuse me, princess." But I don't think such a thing exists.)

That said, this might be able to work. Might. I'm skeptical, considering that most of the time video games based on TV shows tend to suck. Especially games that are made with an emphasis on gameplay over story like Zelda. Still, this could still work.

...But I'm going to be honest: I have pretty much no faith it this.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Aren't live action adaptations of things usually.....kinda bad? And like Orpheus said, Zelda's always been pretty light on story, so what are they supposed to do? Are they gonna focus on one particular game, do a mix, make up their own story, or what?

But it's too early to know really. It could be fantastic, it could be crap. All they seem to have at the moment is the idea and little else.

Yukari

Aren't live action adaptations of things usually.....kinda bad? And like Orpheus said, Zelda's always been pretty light on story, so what are they supposed to do? Are they gonna focus on one particular game, do a mix, make up their own story, or what?

But it's too early to know really. It could be fantastic, it could be crap. All they seem to have at the moment is the idea and little else.
I think they could probably get away with making their own story. It'd be easy enough to just say that it's an alternate timeline or something.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
I think they could probably get away with making their own story. It'd be easy enough to just say that it's an alternate timeline or something.

And lets face it, Legend of Zelda has so many timelines that I think it would be a-okay if Netflix wanted to create a whole new timeline to experiment with.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Uh, sure, why not? Seriously, go with TP's LoTR-esque asthetics, apply a story based on what's given, throw in GoT style politics and have fun with it. Family oriented or not, I can see them creating a political struggle between the Gerudos and Hylains, throw in espionage with the Sheikah, and have link be this rand-style wunderkid who's gonna save the world.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I hope it does well but i don't know... Hopefully it isn't to bad.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
Hutt! Hyaa! Tchyaaa! - Link

I think this is a bad idea. I heard them trying out a movie once upon a time and I still thought that was a bad idea, evidently they did too because they canned the project.

Back