• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How will you go through your first Playthrough of B/W2??

IWearHatsIndoors

They're comfy and easy to wear
Years
Will you go through the game normally? Or will you do a Nuslocke run or something special!
On my first run, what I plan to do is buy a booster pack of cards. Then I will have to use the pokemon on the cards in the game. If I find a card with an evolved form, I will have to train the prevolution up if unnecessary. (Does this have a name?)

Anyway, are you guys gonna do anything special? Just interested

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
That's actually a pretty neat idea about the cards, haha. n_n I guess I'll just go throw the game slowly with a pre-planned team. And then I'll get bored of this by the 3rd gym and end up just flying through the game. :D

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'll just go through the game like the other games in the past. I don't have my team planned fully yet, so I'll just go with whoever works for me.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
White 2 will be a speedrun, Black 2 will be an 100% run. I'll be restarting all of my games that weekend. My preliminary catch-em-all goal for the 297 non-events in Unova is October 21, giving me 15 days (7 of which are school days) to do it.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
I played it with trying to get as many things as possible, but my first file is always my "official" file so I'm working on everything now. I winged my team which was actually very fun.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
On my first run, what I plan to do is buy a booster pack of cards. Then I will have to use the pokemon on the cards in the game. If I find a card with an evolved form, I will have to train the prevolution up if unnecessary. (Does this have a name?)

Sounds like a challenge idea. You should bring it up in CI&D sometime! k done advertising my forums lol

Anyway, I'm just gonna play the game normally. Not gonna do a challenge, not gonna plan a team (OKAY WELL I am gonna have Petilil and Umbreon IT'S JUST A GIVEN oh and prob ditching starter but that's also a given), etc. And make sure I talk to all the NPCs so I can know who gives items and who doesn't. I'll probably be looking up guides a lot because I won't be able to read my game but oh well! Can't wait for it to get in. :)

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
I am nuzlockeing. I am also winging my team like normal.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I always to a TON of breeding in the games. THOUSAND of hours worth of breeding. Definitely want the round charm before doing anymore breading in the game!

I can't do any breeding till I catch all 300 pokemon #winkwinknudgenudge

blue

gucci
Years
Considering these games look extremely awesome, I plan to play through slowly as I did in Black & White, it prolongs the enjoyment and you get to understand the full game. I've already got a team planned so I'll most likely go with that unless I decide to change one or two of them..

droomph

weeb
Years
What'll happen is probs I get through the 8th gym severely underleveled and I'll never finish the game cuz I'm too lazy to grind 90 collective levels (even if through the aid of Exp. Share) and I'll be extremely sad when the next game comes out and I haven't even beaten the E4 cuz I suck at games.

That's what happens every time I buy a Pokémon game so I doubt that this time will be any different.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
So, I'm going to definitely be doing an all Water-type run, I'll take it nice and slow so I can enjoy every last thing. I'll also search for every little Hidden Hollow to make sure I got through every nook and cranny.

pokehearts

I like trains.
Years
I'll Blaze through the game with a pre-planned team and the help of serebii.
On my first run, what I plan to do is buy a booster pack of cards. Then I will have to use the pokemon on the cards in the game.
I really like that Idea, I think I'll do it for my White 1 Run once i memory link.

Years
I'm just gonna go with the flow. I find researching it before hand takes the fun out of it. So, I won't plan anything ahead of time, and when I do play, I'll take it slow, catch as many Pokémon as I go through the game as I can and talk to everyone I see. :)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I'm currently planning my team, and since I don't complete or participate in a great deal of challenges, and with BW2 being a brand-spanking new game, I think I'll play through it slowly and do a proper run.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I know once I actually pre-plan my team but the last time I did that on an actual playthrough I made it so I got all my Pokemon halfway through the game and they were are at the wrong levels and it was bad, so I might just wing it with Tepig on the first run.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I am completely winging it. I know nothing about these games right now (being behind the times on getting information), so I can't plan a team if I don't know what Pokemon I can catch. So I'm going to take my time and explore each area as thorough as I can, probably with an old-fashioned paper strategy guide book in front of me.

Back