• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 6, 2011
help me with 256colour titlescreen and inserting world map I do like in tuts and it is all messed up -.-

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
Years
I'm looking for a tool that can edit the pokedex descriptions of pomeon. also tools that can let me change what moves a pokemon can learn by breeding or through tm's/hm's

Years
  • Age 31
  • NY
  • Seen Feb 12, 2016
I need help with Pokemon Crystal hacking. Recently,I've been using a hex editor to change the game and I've wondered, "Can you insert new scripts into this game like in Fire Red?" I'm sure you can, as I've played Pokemon Prism and seen different scripts by Koolboyman. So i was wondering, how you would go about doing this? If you don't feel like explaining you can just give me a link to a tutorial document, if you'd like.

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
1. how in pokemon FR/LG i change the script of pokedex giving at first time by oak form kanto pokedex to national pokedex?

2. How i add an pokemon/item after i get the national pokedex in pokemon FR/LG?

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2011
1: Goto the laboratory (Pallet Town 4.3). Open Professor Oak's script, look for setflag 0x829. Add special 0x16F after setflag 0x829. Like this:

setflag 0x829
special 0x16F

edit: If there is no setflag 0x829 in that script, then check the scripts of the Pokéballs.

2: I don't quite understand what you mean, but I hope you've read this guide: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276. It covers most things you need to know in scripting.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
1. how in pokemon FR/LG i change the script of pokedex giving at first time by oak form kanto pokedex to national pokedex?

2. How i add an pokemon/item after i get the national pokedex in pokemon FR/LG?
Read a scripting tutorial.

At wich unLZ GBA nr is the messagebox located?
Textboxes are not located in unlz. They are located in a program like Tile Molester.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
When I insert a new Map, it always ends up under LITTLEROOT TOWN.
How do I change it?

Use the dropdown menu under "Name:" in Header View to select another "folder" for the map to be placed in. Also, please search before asking. This question has been asked countless times before.

Also, note that you will need to save and reload your ROM for the change to become noticeable.

I found out you cant change it because theres a limit to the number of map names you can have... unless you wanna change the name to a map that already exists

Please don't answer questions that you don't know the answer to.

Okay, small problem here (Emerald):
I can't seem to find the event data for Wally's father giving you the HM03, after you beat Petalburg Gym. Where should i look at?

Found it at '0x204251'. It's a level script for Wally's parents' house in Petalburg because immediately after the player defeats his/her father, Wally's dad takes him/her back to his house, a sequence which utilizes level scripts to continue the event across multiple maps.

help me with 256colour titlescreen and inserting world map I do like in tuts and it is all messed up -.-

You're gonna need to be way more specific if you want help with that.

At wich unLZ GBA nr is the messagebox located?

Textbox graphics are not compressed from what I can recall. Also, you'll need to specify the game that you're hacking if you want an address.

konman719

Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2011
SERIOUSLY! Does ANYONE know how to make a trainer that youve created approach you in the game correctly when in view?! everytime i change the view radius they say a bunch of stuff and dont battle me! (My script is fine bc i can battle if i talk to them and i DID check the trainer box) PLease Help!

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
SERIOUSLY! Does ANYONE know how to make a trainer that youve created approach you in the game correctly when in view?! everytime i change the view radius they say a bunch of stuff and dont battle me! (My script is fine bc i can battle if i talk to them and i DID check the trainer box) PLease Help!

Would you mind posting the script here? I'd like to take a look at it.

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
Okay, I have a question. it relates to Pokemon D/P/Pt

...Alright, I want to edited the TM moves for Platinum. I already downloaded TM editor D/P, but now I want to import the changes from that game to Platinum.

My problem is, I don't know what narc file I suppose insert the D/P data into. I'm guessing, once I find that narc file and then import the changes it should stay, right?
I mean, seeing how Platinum and Diamond & Pearl basically uses the same TM/HM items.

Before anyone start, I did search google, but I couldn't find an answer...so, to make this question easier: What is the narc file for the Pokemon's TM/HM moves on Platinum.

PLZ and Thanks Ya

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
does anyone know what this is:
123xi.png

I found it in ruby, but don't remember it from my play-through of the game.The pallet is wrong, I'm sure of that.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
does anyone know what this is:
123xi.png

I found it in ruby, but don't remember it from my play-through of the game.The pallet is wrong, I'm sure of that.

That's the Cry Wave meter on Ruby when you wanna hear a PKMN's cry.

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2023
There's another question here:
I've been changing into A-Text and XSE, trying to find which text appears in which part of the game (thus looking to XSE) to change them accordingly to what I need. I'm going to change the things Norman says personally to something what i'd call "Plot A", and his pokénav speechs to "Plot B". But, when I try to open the adresses pointed at A-text, every one of them points to 0xF0BEBB. What am I doing wrong?
this pic attached illustrates what i'm saying

Attachments

• whatswrong.png
    whatswrong.png
    52.3 KB · Views: 17

konman719

Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2011
Would you mind posting the script here? I'd like to take a look at it.

Here is the script for the trainer, but idk if thats the problem since i can battle him if i approach him insted of him approaching me

Attachments

• blah.txt
    399 bytes · Views: 9
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2010
What do you mean? The script from the map itself, or actually physically remove the script itself from the game?

I got some freezing problems after deleting some script boxes including some and the person box near the old man and in front of the gym whenever the box saying the city is supposed to appear. I asked for help before and said that I should try deleting the level script. I don't know what he meant, all he said was to get rid of the level script because it might be causing a header script conflict. If needed I can send a link to the IPS Patch for my hack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back