• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Also the double battles that you scripted with just one trainer are a bit buggy. I had one pokemon left, but because it was a double battle, the game thought I had two pokemon alive. So at the start of the battle, I sent out my living poke, as well as the last poke that died. But it had 0 health. it let me choose a move for it to use but when the fighting came, it did not make its move and the ai did not target it either because it was dead.

Lets just call it the living dead glitch or the zombie glitch lol.
It's a Fire Red "feature"... how many times do I have to repeat it? :D
DRG, please advise your scripter that he checks the sum of player's Pokémon before engaging in double battle :D

(but would that make Umbreon more than a legendary too? XD)
Umbri is a legendary :D

OK, I know it's supposed to be a harder than normal hack, but come on: Throwing Lvl 50 Pokemon at me before I even fight the 3rd Gym? Im glad I used Gameshark Codes to power level my team up. I barely survived so far, and my Salamence is Lvl 66!
Huh...? I don't know about you, but it can be defeated without GS...

Seriously man You tired of leveling up with VS Seeker and Lucky Eggs........ What can I say more????
Well... Lucky Eggs kinda aren't available before the 3rd gym, y'know? =D

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
Huh...? I don't know about you, but it can be defeated without GS...
Apparently for me it cant be done. I mean, I gave it the old college try up until the first gym leader I could fight, but it was rough. I had to save beforehand and reset about ten times before I got lucky. Then, and my Pokemon were about Lvl 10-16 at that time, I started being tossed against Lvl 20-25 Pokemon trainer fights. And then I forgot to save and wound back up where I hadnt fought the leader, so I just gave up and used the '5000 XP' GS Code to power train my Bagon to be Shelgon.

nomi1993a

Nauman Nasir
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 13, 2013
how to get Hm Cut , there are a lot of trees to be cut in Haunted forest in order to get stuff there

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Hi, I just started playing this game and I need to know if it features the Physical/Special split or not.
Thanks in advance. :]

AFAIK, there is no Physical/Special split in the hack. It is in DR2 however.

I was playing the game and found an error:

I think you replaced Tynamo with Spinda so all Tynamo have different dots on them like Spinda. Also you didn't edited Move Tutor Data so Tynamo learns Mega Kick and Drain Punch by move tutors.

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
AFAIK, there is no Physical/Special split in the hack. It is in DR2 however.

I think you replaced Tynamo with Spinda so all Tynamo have different dots on them like Spinda. Also you didn't edited Move Tutor Data so Tynamo learns Mega Kick and Drain Punch by move tutors.

Remember the grunt at the entrance of the cave said Darugis infected the Tynamo, so replacing them with Spinda actually worked with the storyline lol.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
I keep forgetting to save after I rescue the ship, and now Ive gotta go in there and do it all over again. For the fifth time.....*facepalm*

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2016
Where we suppose to catch girtiana? Cause I did with a master ball. :P
But I finally beat yugi and then I got pulled back to the first island and inside the pokemon center the same event that first happened took place and I couldn't use the ferry after that. Then I forgot to save after beating yugi and now stuck on him again after resetting :p

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Where we suppose to catch girtiana? Cause I did with a master ball. :P
But I finally beat yugi and then I got pulled back to the first island and inside the pokemon center the same event that first happened took place and I couldn't use the ferry after that. Then I forgot to save after beating yugi and now stuck on him again after resetting :p

Download the latest patch on the first page. Patch it and then walk in and out of a building so the patch changes can take affect. After that, there's a cave entrance on Huntik Route, go into it and you'll end up on Trident Waters. Which is above Millennium City. Your next step is to fly or get back to Tiki Village somehow or Fells Town. Go into Twistwoodlands and the gym is now open.

Years
how to get Hm Cut , there are a lot of trees to be cut in Haunted forest in order to get stuff there
Well Sydney gives it to you when you defeat KAYO inside the ship in Mystic Falls

How do I get my feebas to evolve in dark rising?
Have you checked the evo guide on first page if not then Feebas evolves into Milotic by giving it a Water Stone

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

People really should read previous posts... I have already reported this and DRG, as she stated again, edited the story-line to adapt to this :D
I believe it's pretty interesting way how to work... make ROM help you with story :D

k-van

Ruler of K-vanian Empire
Years
People really should read previous posts... I have already reported this and DRG, as she stated again, edited the story-line to adapt to this :D
I believe it's pretty interesting way how to work... make ROM help you with story :D

Some people don't want to read through 85 pages of posts just to find one thing... I know I sure don't

Years
Damn i must say this game is hard. I'm up to mystic cave i think its called. Some of these starter pokemon that have a very rare appearance have been showing up quite a bit. So i caught the snivy and treecko in the grass isle area. Snivy appears all the time, treecko just never appears.....just never. spent over 2 hours trying to find one.

And i'm after the 3rd gym and damn i was getting frustrated during battle cave. First fight that guy who looks like gary, then fight professor...forgot his name, then fight sydney, then fight some old guy. Seems like there is a lot of hard trainers i have to fight just before i even reach the next town.

Then trying to find the third gym, where the **** is it? decided to do the titanic ship first and then kept looking and saw some trainers on the bottom left of the town......where the gym building sign is......the gym is outside? that threw me off cause i thought something was blocking my path when i tried going there before going on the ship. So far i think my garchomp is like level 53 maybe. Thyplosion is 54 and i have a volcarona lvl 54.

Doing good so far, but everytime i each the next town, i'm underleveled. lol.

Good so far, able to catch all these pokemon, gives me a lot to work with.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
Finally made it past Mystic Cave and into Salem. Now I just need to get all my Pokemon to Lvl 100 ASAP before going any further.

Years
Eh... pretty hard, I got the 1st badge after losing to that damn Heatmor3 times in a row >.< Leech Seed ftw (lol)
Spoiler:

EDIT:
Reporting these:
8UNDFXb.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2014
I really really like this hack so far..
The only problem i face is the level difference between wild pokemons and trainer's ones..
I currently finished the 2nd gym with 4 pokemons over level 30, but the training becomes way harder as i face level 15-20 pokemons in the wild, but fight a trainer such as V with level 35 pokemons...
The levels of the trainers are a little bit to high imo, and the wild pokemon are too low...

Back