• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020

Mary Sues. Let's face it. We've probably all had 'em. What were some of yours, and how were the Mary Sues?

No... I think I avoided that quite nicely. Plus, I can't understand personalities, so I just ignore it.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Mary Sues. Let's face it. We've probably all had 'em. What were some of yours, and how were the Mary Sues?

Other people would probably be a better judge of that. I at least try to avoid cliches, in any case.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Actually, if possible, I try to create cliches into cliffhangers, followed by a trick. Problem. I have to top the previous one and it became hard since Chapter 9.

Blue Screen of Death

Wait, what?
Years
Where do your stories take place - any regions that you use, or make up, or neither? And are they set in the present, past or future?

So far, Iron man is only in Sinnoh, and is a few years in the future. Absol tales is in Hoenn, and while it is still in the future, it takes place about a year before Iron man. Lastly, WWC is in the ruins if Johto, and takes place fifty years after Iron man. Can you guess the secret?

If you were to replace any part of your story, what would it be?

In Iron Man I might change what Samuel was transformed with. Or Neal's personality. I can't think of any changes I would make to the other two.

I hope I managed to avoid them, but I'm not sure. I guess I could use a beta reader for stuff like that.

I feel bored....

Have you ever used a joke in any of your stories that only you or a few friends understand?

Yes. Many times. That's really all I have to say.

Bay

Years
Destiny from "Destiny's Tricks" is meant to be a Sue since it's a parody and all. XD Other than that, there was this one story I wrote long ago in which the main female character gets whatever she wants and is able to defeat the enemies easily. We'll leave it like that. XD

Have you ever used a joke in any of your stories that only you or a few friends understand?
All the time. XD For instance, one part I had Jenny keep naming Bunny nicknames, many of which people called me. XD

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
Mary Sues. Let's face it. We've probably all had 'em. What were some of yours, and how were they Mary Sues?

Seeing as I never wrote any fanfiction before high school, I think my main characters have been pretty well balanced (those in the parody being exceptions). But, now that I look back on it, Jack from my main fic is starting to look like a bit of a Stu. Fortunately he's not the center of attention, but I still need to make sure that in later chapters things don't always go in his favor. I think I've made him a little too clever and influential, and I've neglected some facets of his personality that I had planned to flesh out more.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Mary Sues. Let's face it. We've probably all had 'em. What were some of yours, and how were they Mary Sues?

Yup, I got 'em. How badly Sue my characters are is up for debate. Giving your character loads of money, lots of brains, and 1980's large American luxury sedans tends to do that, or so I've found out.

Oh, heck yeah. If you didn't grow up where I did, at least some of the jokes might go right over your head. I parody a certifiably insane attorney from where I grew up as a kid, as well as outright mentioning a car dealership known for their horrid advertisements.

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
Mind if I sling a quick blurb to a concept of mine by you guys?

A tall, well dressed man of about 18 years of age with scruffy, medium length blonde hair sits slouched on an empty, derelict train carriage. It's dark outside, deeply dark and it keeps playing on his mind. He can't see the dark as such, he can barely open his left eye and his right is laden with blood from his head. In fact a lot of his person is bloodied and bruised. He's breathing heavy now, really heavy. It's not easy breathing with broken ribs. Every hard drawn breath reminds him that, even if it's only for short while, he is still alive. In his right hand he's holding a revolver handgun, Colt Python with a royal blue finish. Blue lights flashing near by, sirens wailing as a herd of white and blue cars scream along the highway parallel to the tracks. The man tries to clench the gun but it slips. He knows there's one bullet in the chamber and is now seriously considering suicide, but decides it wouldn't be very fitting, besides with the puddle of blood around his feet and the pressure on his lungs he is almost certain he's just gonna pack in anyway. He winches in pain as he grabs his last cigarette and strikes a match, takes it to the fag in his mouth and inhales. He lets out one long breath.
"We are the youth of today…fitting" he says as he finally blacks out.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
Sorry I was away for so long from the lounge, I guess it was because I've been pretty busy lately...and I haven't been able to continue my writing either...how bout all of you?

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
Years

I have actually. To my readers, its just a funny situation where Riolu Aura Spheres a Doctor. To my friends, it is one damn dirty joke.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years

I love to put "Easter Eggs" in my stories. Some, like naming characters after friends (or rivals) of mine, are only funny to those who know me. Others are more obvious, like having a character slip in a quote from Star Wars or something. E.g. in one scene (as yet unwritten) in Faith, Selena says "I have a baaad feeling about this," a la Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Years
Hey, it okay if anyone were to give me some advice on a few things? Like thinking up with a plot? Because, I'm no good at it, and I would like to start posting my fanfics on PC soon!

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Thinking up with a plot? o_O First, that makes no grammatical sense. But I digress. You kind of need to give us some more details. What is the genre of the story? I could come up with an awesome, action-packed, razor's-edge plot for you before it turns out you actually want to write a romance. What fandom is it? Being in this thread, I'd assume Pokemon, but I don't know.

We need way more specific guidelines than that.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
Years
Hey, it okay if anyone were to give me some advice on a few things? Like thinking up with a plot? Because, I'm no good at it, and I would like to start posting my fanfics on PC soon!

Just keep it interesting. I always put mystery into mine. I want the reader to try and figure out what's going on for themselves.

Bay

Years
Ookami Shipper, pretty much what Kenji said. You need to be really more specific than that. For instance, you have to tell us a bit more what the story's about. Asking to think of a plot for you is like letting someone else say an idea and then you write it. Needing help with your plot is fine and here is a good place to ask, though. :)

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
Years

I think that my first fic contained the biggest Mary-Sue I've ever come across, and I am just pleased that I never posted it anywhere. She was pretty (of course her eyes were sinking pools of violet), smarter than Hermione and ended up married to Harry in their 3rd year, before leaving him for Sirius (oh yeah). And yes, her parents died when she was younger and she had a lightning scar on her forehead. Her name? Violet Isabo Du Morrier *headdesk*

Once or twice, yes. I wrote a fic with a friend, and so their were a couple of moments that you would only see the funny side of if you were friends with us, but nothing too plot-altering.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013

Multiple times, yes.

For example, one with a bunch of references to an old roleplay/story idea that never made it (it's a few chapters ahead, so I reduced it to just the dialogue).

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Sorry you guys, for being so vague, I guess I was just too focused on asking it, I didn't think about the details. I'm really sorry.

Yeah, now that I've think about it, it really didn't make sense.
xD What a bad start.
Don't worry, I write better than I talk, trust me. xD

I'm actually gonna post one of my fanfics here with a plot, and then get insight on it before I continue it.

Sorry for being a nuisance!

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years

Like most poeple, my Mary Sue existed in my first fic. What made her so sueish is that she was a Larvitar (this was a pokemorph, btw) of all Pokemon, she evolve to T-Tar too soon, her team consisted of an Umbreon, Cyndaquil and Pikachu, she kicked legendary butt, and let's not forget her ability to translate the oh so mystic Legendary Stones (although the reason for that is explained in the story). Yeah... Asty knows what I'm talking about. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back