• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Atlantis Arising [M] [Most Original 4Q '11] [Best Veteran 1Q '12]

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years

Jeremy Kyle – Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio, America

Jeremy watched, wanting to laugh hysterically as Jericho freaked out, of course most people would if they had seen Jeremy teleport in front of their eyes; it wasn't a natural nor a normal occurrence, so Jericho had every right to react the way he had. Lifting up his shirt to reveal his Atlantean tattoo; the blacking out of his skeletal structure, Jeremy nodded in confirmation that he was indeed Atlantean.

"As you can see, I too have a mysterious tattoo just like yourself, Jericho. We are both Atlanteans, isn't that exciting?" He smiled widely at both Peter and Jericho.

"And since your answer I no to whatever I want, then I want to leave this car and not go paintballing with you two. So what are you waiting for Jericho, let's go!" Jeremy stuck his arm forwards, as if he was Superman, laughing hysterically before calming himself and relaxing back in the seat. Jeremy completely understood what he was doing, he knew he was getting in someone's personal space, knew this was not the approach to recruitment that he had been taught, but Jeremy decided to throw everything out the window and take as long recruiting as he could. Besides, with all the doom and gloom about, Jeremy would relish the chance to hang out with people his own age for a chance.

"So Jericho, Peter, whoever wants to answer me, what is Jericho's ability? How does it work?" Jeremy already knew the answer to this, but he wanted to make small talk with the boys.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023

"Otto" - Travelling from Florence, Italy to Boston, England

She stared at the father and son as they conversed between themselves, but it's not like she couldn't hear them. She expected them to be suspicious or skeptical of her but she really had no patience to spend too much time discussing how and when and where and why things had to happen the way they did. She knew what was going on and she was sure the father and son would soon find out. The more they talked, the closer they got to England and the further away they got from Italy. If they wanted to go to the Vatican in an appropriate amount of time, they had to leave very soon. How to leave a speeding train? Not many could.

"For exchange for some of your knowledge, The Librarian in the Vatican will offer you a sanctuary and proper understanding of your power in return. He is a being of pure knowledge but does not know everything to do with our ancestry and requires you help. The Royal Family are not who they say they are," she stared at them, unblinkingly. "I know you are heading to Boston. They have misled you and their intentions are not sincere."

She didn't break eye contact with Cira who the question was intended towards. Though his father was just as important to the Librarian as Cira was.​

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years

Cira & Alex Gaile - Florence, Italy to Boston, England

"The Royal Family are not who they say they are." She managed to stare at them for a while now... without blinking... creepy. "They have misled you, and their intentions are not sincere." The offer for a safe haven and a better understanding of their power was tempting, but what knowledge would this "Librarian" want, let alone from a teenager and his goofball dad. The girl was still speaking calmly, though she looked like she wanted to rush things. Understandable; they were heading away from the Vatican anyways. Alex was occupying himself once again with the metal bar soon enough.

"Two more things," Cira wanted to know, "on the assumption that we actually believe you." They shouldn't be that hard to answer. "One, what kind of knowledge would this 'Librarian' find in us? I mean, we found out about all this in the past week, it's not like we could really know anything on this type of subject." Then an idea popped a video game in his head. Assassin's Creed had stuff like the Animus that could read memories from someone's ancestors, right? Hm.... Genetic memories, that's it. Heh. It kind of figures someone in the Vatican would be involved in a situation like that, but was that actually happening?

"And two, if we go with you, what's the plan? Namely for getting off this train."

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years

Erika Onzanem - Washington D.C., Virginia

Erika looked up from her treats. Someone in close proximity had spoken to her. Somehow she could tell by the sound of his voice that he very well might be talking to her. And yet... What was that language? Was that Spanish? The male quickly swithed to English. Erika didn't really understand the purpose of greeting someone in another language in such a context, so she promptly assumed it must've been purely style.

Turning her head to look at Adrian, Erika greeted him with a look of casualness. One could not emphasize enough that although her pants were large her legs did not currently fit them, as she had not activated her powers. Though really, even then it was reasonably easy to guess. She was either Atlantian or a some kind of abnormally strange hipster, and the rest of her appearance did not spell hipster. For a moment Erika hesitated. Did she be upfront with the stranger, or did she evade his question? Deciding it couldn't be that much of a problem if it had been on a public broadcast she decided to go with the upfront approach.

"I d'no. Do you know where this... Atlantean gathering is?"

Her tone almost seemed to sound humbled, as if she were acknowledging something wrong with not knowing. In hindsight, she probably should've written stuff down and/or done more research. Exploration of her newfound Atlantian body and it's heritage was not graunteed to be offered again, and she had probably been a bit in a rush. Regardless, if asking for directions was her biggest problem she figured she was doing /fine/; especially considering she was fairly confident she was at least in the right area. Turning her gaze away from the unnamed man who had offered she found herself gazing off into space thoughtfully, her head swimming with various ideas and theories. She was sure not to let it distract her too much, however. Part of her brain remained focused on interpreting words.

"I was sort of heading there."

She sure hoped this forwardness didn't bite her. She supposed if it did it wasn't her fault though. If logic mislead her, then to her it was the fault of circumstance, not anything she did.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023

Oakley North - Boston, England

"If you follow me, then hopefully soon," River stood up, Oakley frowning and doing the same. She hadn't quite finished eating, but she was sure that they would all get a chance to do so again soon. Though she thought Kieran was going to leave them, he followed with Oakley, talking about his little brother. The words only cut into Oakley, reminding her that yes, she had a brother here too. One she had been avoiding. And the way Kieran said that he missed his brother, Oakley only thought about how she missed hers too. He was only five steps in front of her but Oakley could not muster up the courage to simply ask how he was. What he had been doing.

River led them down into another door, stopping at the entrance.

"This is the Atrium; to our left is the front entrance and administration office. Straight ahead of us are the quarters for the leaders of the Royal Family, each you will meet in due time," she gestured to each respective building then continued through a pair of double doors. "Up there are your dorms and classrooms, as well as an indoor recreation area. Males are to my left, Females to my right," Dorms. How Oakley wanted to have a good nights sleep. But it also meant sleeping with other people in the same room. New people? New schedules? It all worried her. "Here," River, continuing with the tour, motioned around her, "is the outside recreation where you can relax with friends in the peaceful surroundings. The garden to my left is one maintained by Justin, Leader of the House of Flora. Behind me past the water fountain is the training field. Different areas can support different fields of gameplay. Hidden in the dense forest that borders the western end of the field, are our outdoor training areas, you will only go here to train with your class. Oh, and before I forget, the workshop and laboratory are below the boys' dorms, you will only go in here if you are told to, or have a class in there, otherwise please refrain from being inside," she paused for a moment, then continued. "Now if you follow me, there is someone you need to meet." Oakley didn't really take in her surroundings, only listening to Kieran who spoke of his homeland, but Oakley really wasn't listening to him either. They were taken through another door and Oakley's eyes fell on a fragile, old lady with cloudy eyes. She didn't take long to start talking with her raspy voice.

"Welcome young Halflings, I am the Oracle, one of the original Atlanteans that walked the massive continent… I survived the destruction of Atlantis and watched the world evolve and die before my very eyes, but an even bigger disaster looms, and you are all a part of it. As my gift to you, I will tell you a single prophecy; my eyes have seen all that has happened, will happen and could ever happen," she was old and her voice raspy but she did not stop on a word. One of the original Atlanteans? How old was she?

"You boy, you will lose that which you hold dear," she spoke to Michael first. Oakley turned to look at him, frowning a little as he seemed to be lost in his thoughts. What did he hold dear? Oakley thought of herself for a moment, but they weren't really the closest of siblings at the moment. Their mother was dead, Oakley knew her father and Michael had a far worse strained relationship than they had. What else did Michael have? Though, Oakley knew nothing of his past life and if he had... fallen in love or whatever since she had seen him.

"You," Oakley turned to the 'Oracle' as the voice was directed at her, "shall betray the people you are close to," she said, then pointed at Kieran, "you too."

Betray? What? Oakley was not close to anyone, not at the moment. She loved her father, but how could she betray him when he was leagues away? She could call herself barely close to Michael. She looked at Kieran, who had received the same prophecy as her. Were they connected in that way? Would they betray eachother, or was that just coincidence? Well, she might have been literally close to Kieran, but she barely knew the guy. As her mind raced to try and find conclusions, she felt that familiar twinge in her arm. She stopped cradling her right arm and let it sink to the floor as the armour slowly crept up past her elbow. No, Oakley. Not here. Not now. And hopefully, not ever.

Ms. Beleren quickly ushered them out and into the hall. "The Oracle barely speaks words other than that of destruction or chaos these days. I will take you to your rooms now, rest up and refresh and I will come and collect you when training starts." She then took them all to their rooms, Oakley saying goodbye to Kieran and stepping into the girls' dorms with the Italian girl and the American. Oakley quickly ushered herself to a bed which was quite nicely labelled with her name by a piece of paper on a desk. She fell onto the bed, keeping her right arm up so she didn't damage any of the covers. She maneuvered the backpack off her back, which she had somehow kept in tact since leaving her house in London.

So, now she had clothes. What else could she afford to keep close to her?

"Ow," Oakley heard a soft voice, opening her eyes and blinking. She looked around, only seeing others sitting on their beds, talking quietly amongst themselves. She pulled her head down and looked under the bed, pulling the covers up with her left arm, only to see a girl, a few years older than Oakley, hiding underneath. She went wide eyed, putting a finger to her lips.

"What are you doing?" Oakley whispered back, frowning. Her face had started to feel hot from holding it upside down for so long.

"Ssh! I'm not here, okay?"​

Last edited:

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
Jericho Heiko: Wright-Patterson Airforce Base, Ohio (United States of America)

Jeri grunted when he saw Jeremy's tattoo. It seemed like it was a lot cooler than his and a lot less bothersome, especially noting how he described it. The experience was pretty awesome, but it was greatly restrained by how annoying his own self-made tattoo was. The subject of tattoos in general seemed to activate his. An itchy, pirckly sensation started to pop up on his stomach and a heat followed with it. He gripped his seat, trying to resist the urge to scratch.

Jeri was not amused by Jeremy's superman flight. However, he was more curious as to why he said "let's go". Almost as if the thought of Jericho voluntarily going anywhere with him was a possibility. Then, it hit him. His eyes went wide and then narrowed.

"How do you know my name?" Now this was serious. It was already serious before, but now it was extra serious. This kid knew him, but he didn't know this kid. "Not even he knows what my name is," he continued, gesturing to Peter. It was true. Peter didn't know what his real name was. He only knew him as Jeri, which was just a nickname. He'd probably thought it was Jeremy or something, judging how he looked before Jeri asked Jeremy the previous question. No one he knew (other than his family and a few of their friends and his old teachers when they called roll) were aware his name was Jericho, simply because he never introduced himself as such. He was always Jeri and everyone left it at that, to his pleasure. Now here comes this kid who teleports into his car, invades his property and space, and now comes out knowing his name? There was something up here.

Jericho unbuckled himself and got out of the car as quickly as he could, backing up and keeping his eyes on this... Person. This person who had the nerve, the nerve, to ask him what his power is. "How do I know you don't already know?" Jeri asked, expecting some kind of... revealing retaliation. What else could he have expected? He'd never been in a situation like this before and in the movies, when people knew your name, it was some kind of organization doing some underground stuff you didn't want to get into. Both Peter and Jeri looked at Jeremy with that face you get when someone tells you something weird out of the blue. Then both their faces went aggressive. They were both ready if things came to swinging.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023

Anabel Falkner - Somewhere over Europe

"How nice of Atticus! Nikolai? Would you be able to get Helena a drink?" Annie leaned over her chair and pointed at the fridge in the small kitchen before the cockpit. "There's water, juice, milk, soda, alcohol if you're keen," she joked. "Pretty much anything."

"Annie," Helena started, "when we get to France... what will happen with me and Nikolai?"

"Well, I'm not usually the one in charge of handling new recruits," Annie turned to her computer and tapped away, continuing on with what she was doing before they were rudely interrupted by a shaky take-off. Natalia and Atticus had now gone silent, a good sign. Hopefully, it meant that they were done fighting. Or, it could mean Atticus was preparing himself for Natalia's aftershock. "But, as far as I know, when we get to HQ, you will be going to do some training so that you can get a better hold of your ability." Annie turned to Helena, beaming at her. Invisibility! She herself had done a fair amount of reading up on Helena but invisibility was such an interesting power. What was the extent of it all? Did it mean intangibility, like Natalia? Imagine if the two teamed up! They would be an excellent sneak or spy duo.

Natalia emerged first from the backroom, her face serious with a hint of frustration. At least she was done. Poor Natalia, she had all of this pent up anger. She needed an outlet of some kind, it was just a misfortune that Atticus had to be at the receiving end. He emerged also and as Natalia exited to the cockpit to talk to Cooper, no doubt, Atticus fell into a chair with a half sour look on his face.

"So!" Annie broke the awkward, "can I see your invisibility? It sounds so interesting. Have you got a fair grip on it yet?"​

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years

Adrian Santoro – Washington D.C., Virginia

Adrian turned his head, facing away from the sun but still squinting as it shone from out the corner of his eye as Erika responded to his question. He was taken aback when she revealed that she was heading towards the Atlantean Centres, making Adrian slightly more nervous; he hadn't been sure she would be this forthcoming about it. He looked in those deep blue eyes of hers, compared to him she seemed so innocent, he almost felt ashamed that he was recruiting her into an organisation such as the Syndicate, but he had been given specific orders; the Boss wanted this girl.

He let out a sigh, he was going to have to change his tactics to suit the situation, but she also needed to see the truth, "I'm glad I got to you before they did. This Atlantean Centre thing, it's practically a hoax. All they are doing is recording you in their database so they can keep a track on you, and when they feel ready, take you into one of their labs to open you up and see how you work." He was being a bit overly dramatic, but eventually someone would get around to doing something close to what he had just said, so it wasn't too hard to believe.

Sure, Adrian knew that the Syndicate were not much better, but hell, the girl needed a chance to live without having to be neither followed around by men in black cars, nor surgically opened and her insides messed with. "I work for a place that values our individual freedom," he began, "so that we can grow and develop to the extent of our abilities. It would be ashamed to waste your talent in a laboratory." He finished his rant, turning his attention away from Erika and back up to the cloud filled sky above.

"So, what do you say, would you like to live your life to its fullest?"

Jeremy Kyle – Wright-Patterson Airforce Base, Ohio, America

Jeremy realised his mistake only when Jericho pointed it out. Mentally kicking himself, his idea of following the boys to paintball and slowly recruiting Jericho through small talk was out the window; it was now time for a new scenario. Jeremy teleported himself out of the car, leaning against the back door, he knew he was being lazy, but he didn't have the time anymore to be taking the long road; Jericho was freaked and Jeremy needed him to see reason.

"You're right, Jericho," he knew Jericho's real name, and now that the bomb had been dropped, he saw no reason why he could not use it anyway, "I know your probably thinking something along the lines of me being some sort of stalker or mass murderer, but I assure you, I am neither of these things. In actual fact, I know to an extent what your abilities entail, and I am merely here on a recruitment drive for an employer who has an eye out for your particular abilities." Jeremy was starting to talk fast and a lot; he was never really this up front with people and was incredibly nervous.

He needed a reason that would entice Jericho to join him, which would make Jericho see the way Jeremy sees about the Syndicate and join his side, "My employer will offer you a chance to learn to control your ability, and also offer money for any jobs you complete as well as covering most of your expenses." Money and control, two of the most powerful driving forces of any one person out there were sure to motivate Jericho into joining; the Syndicate could offer both in exchange for Jericho's services.

Jeremy was relying heavily on these two factors, he had been told that Jericho was central to the Syndicate's future, the Boss had made it adamant that Jericho needed to be recruited by Jeremy, that no one else would be able to convince Jericho to join their side. Yet now as Jeremy stood leaning against the car, he was beginning to doubt what the Boss had told him, beginning to think that, in the end, Jericho would say no and Jeremy would again be left to return empty handed. No doubt being punished for doing so as well.

Jeremy extended his hard outwards towards Jericho, offering it to him, "take my hand, and I can take you to a place far away from the mundane world around us."

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024

Helena Andersson - Somewhere over Europe

"Well, I'm not usually the one in charge of handling new recruits," Annie turned to her computer and tapped away. "But, as far as I know, when we get to HQ, you will be going to do some training so that you can get a better hold of your ability."

"Training?" Helena said, nodding. "That sounds... good, I suppose." God knew she could use some training to get better at focusing when she was invisible. Or rather, to be able to stay invisible without focusing like crazy all the time. "Do you live there, at the HQ? I mean, will I live there?"

Natalia emerged first from the backroom, her face serious with a hint of frustration. Atticus came out too and fell into a chair with a half sour look on his face. Helena leaned her head to the side. He didn't look happy at all. She wanted to cheer him up somehow.

"Hey," she said to him. "Thanks... for getting me here in one piece," she tried, even though she knew it wasn't just thanks to Atticus.

"So!" Annie broke the awkward, "can I see your invisibility? It sounds so interesting. Have you got a fair grip on it yet?"

Helena turned back to her. "Um... not really. We'll, I can do this," she said in pretty good English and turned completely invisible. Clothes and all. "It's not difficult now when I'm sitting down, having control over all my limbs and can focus on only this and talking to you." When she said that, other thoughts of course started creeping into her head, like Atticus' and Natalia's argument, her brother and parents... Her whole body flickered for a moment, until she realized what a trap she had made for herself, and regained focus. She was feeling a bit less shocked now and dared to speak more.

"I've been trying to make only certain body parts go invisible, but it's difficult to stop it from spreading, for some reason..." She turned visible again, to give Annie a face to talk with. She wasn't really wondering what mechanism really lay behind her ability. That was for scientists and philosophers to discover some time, perhaps. She just wanted to know how she could use it. If it turned out she'd have to use it. And since it was a pretty neat thing, she wanted to.

"And I have been able to make things go invisible. Like a packet of chewing gums. Or the pistol-" she shuddered mentally "- that I used in Atticus' car. I didn't really mean to turn them invisible though. It's... just difficult to control."​

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Brian Sheppard-New York City, New York, United States

"Could Brian Sheppard please come with us," a guard asked, catching Brian's attention.

Why would a guard want me? he thought. And why is some really official looking Japanese guy with him. Nonetheless, Brian stood and walked over to the two men. Hearing a "Follow me, please," from the Japanese man, he followed leaving the guard inside as they left the complex. The air outside was a bit cooler than when he had gotten there, showing the small amount of time that passed. Was I in there that long? he thought.

The Japanese man started to talk again, taking Brian from his thoughts.

"Nice to meet you Brian Sheppard, I am Cobalt Chimura, one of the leaders of the Atlantean Royal family," the man said, bringing Brian down the street. "So Brian, tell me about your ability, then I will be happy to answer any questions you have." The man put on a big smile at the end, though Brian knew it was likely fake.

"It's nice to meet you too," Brian answered. He had heard of Cobalt before. He, true to his word, was one of the five leaders that came out with the news of the Atlanteans. The one thing Brian didn't know, however, was the man's power. Either way, he thought it was a honor to meet him.

"Well," Brian started off, "My ability has something to do with emotions. I can feel other's feeling and sometimes see the memory or the reason they're feeling that way." Thinking to himself he continued, though not knowing if he should demonstrate. "You're feeling a bit of annoyance ,because of your uncomfortable suit, and the rest being joy, though I don't know exactly why.

"Sometimes, the feelings are a bit annoying and, on the occasion, atrocious to me. Anyways, I can also change people's emotion. I've only done it once but it worked." Putting his hands in his pockets, he thought once again.

Should I tell him the negatives? They do seem a bit extreme... Ignoring them, he continued with the conversation, asking his own question now.

"Now, why exactly did you pick me up?"

The warden

I'm back!
Years

Archie Stevens – Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK

It had been over a week already since the Atlanteans had revealed themselves to the world. No that's wrong it had been over a week since Archie's people had revealed themselves to the world. In that short space of time the world had already began to change. The political fall out of an explosion in Berlin caused countries to enforce registration of all Atlanteans practically overnight. Registration was something that Archie had been putting off for a few days now, the way he saw it how dangerous was his power. He could cut through metal, so it was kind of handy if you didn't have a tin opener but there wasn't a lot it was practical for.

The last few nights Archie hadn't slept so well, worry had kept him awake until the early hours of the morning. Every time he closed his eyes to try to embrace the tranquillity of sleep his head would buzz with thoughts that kept him awake long into the night. His best nights sleep yet was after doing a gig at the students union, the turn out was quite good and by the time that his band had finished playing he was about ready to collapse. So naturally he had a couple of drinks and then got a bus back to his flat. There were no worries in his head as he drifted off to sleep that night.

In fact that he slept so well that when he awoke the next morning he felt thoroughly rested. Only it wasn't the morning it was gone midday.

"S***!" Archie swore as he realized that he had not only overlaid but missed an entire mornings worth of lectures. He repeated the swear word several more times as he tried to clear his head enough to think, this wasn't the first time he had woken late and missed lectures but generally just waking up makes it hard to think. He composed a text message to a friend who shared lectures with him asking to copy his notes, before dashing into the shower. The warm water woke him allowing him to clear his mind a little. It was 12:27 now so if he hurried up he could be at his lecture at 1. Quickly he got dry and pulled on his clothes before leaving his small room and heading to go out the door. He got halfway to the end of the corridor that linked the rooms of his flat mates when some one called him.

"Archie, I've got a letter here for you." Jamie's voice called from the communal kitchen.

"Not now I'm late as it is." Archie called back.

"That can wait, I think you'll want to take a look at this." Archie stopped, it wasn't like Jamie to be as serious as he sounded now. He was a bit of a joker like Archie and the graveness of his voice was enough to make Archie forget about going to his lecture. He headed through to the kitchen.

"This had better be good. Or I'm going to beat you to death with an ironing board." Archie joked as he walked through into the kitchen, normally Jamie would have laughed but he stayed quite, that more than anything else scared Archie. Jamie was a slight bit shorter than Archie had blonde hair and wore a pair of thick framed glasses. He handed over the envelope in silence and Archie inspected it without cracking any more jokes. It bore the mark of the student finance company, the organization that dealt with student loans. Archie opened the envelope and took out the letter, reading it in his head. Skipping straight to the most important part the letter said that the student finance company had come to the decision that until further notice they were stopping support to all unregistered students of Atlantean decent. The letter continued to say that they were working on the issue and that it should be resolved soon providing that Atlantean students register at once.

"Have you seen this!?" Archie asked Jamie not quite believing it himself.

"I got the same letter. What on earth do you think they are doing?"Jamie was one of the few people that Archie had revealed his heritage to.

"Don't have a clue, but it looks like I'm going to be spending the rest of the day queueing at some Atlantean centre." Archie replied with a sight. It could be worse he would still have a loan for his course and could continue to study at least he wasn't being kicked out.

"Good luck man." Jamie said as Archie headed back out of the kitchen. On his way out Archie grabbed his guitar, at least he could play it if he got bored. He got a bus into town centre and got of near the city hall, he knew that the Atlantean centre in Sheffield was somewhere near here but he would need to ask for directions if he wanted to find out exactly where. Glancing round he tried to look for someone who wouldn't consider him a complete freak just for asking.

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years

Erika Onzanem - Washington D.C., Virginia​

Erika was a bit taken back by what the male was saying. They wanted to track her and... do what to her now? Her expression took on a look of mild disgust at the notion of being 'opened up' and having some stranger violating at least one hundred personal space rules. How messed up was that? Her gaze momentarily shifted from Adrian to space as she considered the fuller scope of what he had just said. When she looked back at him her expression was fairly neutral, as well as her tone.

"That's... a pretty heavy accusation, stranger."

Hesitating a moment before continuing, she eyed her drink briefly in thought. She had been about to ask if that would be a human rights issue before she considered that others may not find her human anymore. The thought bewildered her, causing her to explore why such a thing would happen. It seemed like ignorance to her. It would surprise her if there was an actual scientific reason behind such a claim.

Regardless, Adrian had asked her another question and she felt the need to answer it.

"Well--yeah. That's the dream isn't it?"

She seemed rather relaxed, all things said, if not mildly concerned. She had never wanted all that much. She wanted to learn everything she could, study lore and culture, absorb factoids, collect books, earn respect, and Heck she wanted to learn about this Atlantean culture. The seeming magic surrounding it was what had gotten her so interested.

"So, what's this 'organization' called anyway...?"

Kikpanther

Years

Jericho looked at Jeremy with a face that communicated how strange he found him and the situation. Not to mention all the other emotions that came out of it. Especially since he displayed more of this weirdness by teleporting out of his car. The first thing he focused on was Jeremy's first assurance. The way he said it just made Jeri more nervous. "I know what you're thinking, but I'm not a mass murderer" was basically what had come out of this kid's mouth. If that was the first thing that came to mind, he must have been some sort of stalker admitting himself on the sly or, more likely, he'd done this so many times that he'd gotten that kind of consistent reaction out of people. He wasn't going to begin on how scary that thought was. He also used words like "entail" and "employer". Not saying these were big, difficult words, but people didn't talk like that on a regular basis. Or at least in America. Especially the word employer. No one used that on a regular basis. Now, Jeri had seen his fair share of movies. Whenever someone says "my employer" in any sentence, that meant they were no good. Only bad guys had employers. The only jobs with "employers" were the ones a little under the law. That was just a fact of life.

He never understood why people in movies didn't understand the things he understood. If someone ever said that to you, warning bells should go off in your head. However, no one seemed to be able to call the police or run into a crowd and shout out these people's locations. Even if you were going to die, you'd have millions of witnesses and they couldn't kill everyone discreetly, could they? This, however, was a little off-topic. The point was, there was a killer on his doorstep. Jeremy promised him joining this organization (again, something only criminal would have (good guys had agencies)) would give him jobs (oh god) and pay for them as well. They were obviously criminals so Jeri could only guess the pay was substantial (criminals were always noticeably richer than the heroes of the story, he wasn't sure if that was a pro or not). The only problem seemed to be that he mentioned something paying for his expenses. Paying off his expenses? The way he said it implied he would have to pay for something. If he was going to get kidnapped (which was obviously going to be the end result of this, one of the main reasons Jeri wasn't just going to jump into this (I mean, come on, things were a lot less fun when you had to do it)) he wasn't going to pay for room and board. That just seemed unfair. Jericho forgot himself for a second and almost asked about this little clause. He was suddenly beginning to think that these guys weren't that rich at all since he had to pay to live in some dank, uncomfortable holding cell. And what if he didn't pay? What were they going to do? Evict him? Go ahead! He didn't even want to be there!

On top of this--on top of all this!--Jeremy did that whole "take my hand!" thing. The first thing that came to Jericho's mind was Kingdom Hearts. You know that game, right? The one about the kid with a giant key who beat up little shadow gremlin things? Something like that. Jeri had never actually played the game, just seen other people play it. He didn't remember all the names of the characters, but Jeremy was reminding him of the white haired one. You know the white haired one? Always sticking his hand out for Sora (or whatever his name was) to take it so they could experience "a new kind of world". Some kind of world of darkness, he believed, which he couldn't see why someone would willingly go for that. Especially every time white-haired-kid did the whole hand things a big ass tsunami or some monster or whatever would pop up and wash away Sora's attempts to join him seconds before contact. Jericho looked passed Jeremy, expecting to see a huge, world-splitting wave to come over the horizon. The image of all the continents split apart by space and populated by Disney characters came to mind.

Now it was thinking time, talking time. Jeremy had finished speaking. He had talked kind of quickly so he finished pretty fast. He'd called life mundane. Jeri had half a mind to tell him that his life was pretty entertaining. Jeri opened his mouth to spit a big fat "no" right in Jeremy's face. Pay or no pay this didn't seem like a good idea. This wasn't no McDonald's job, Jeri could already tell. However, Peter stopped him and pulled him a little to the side. Jeri looked at him with question. He didn't like this movement. It was almost as if Peter... As if he...

"I think you should do it," Peter whispered as they bent over in a secretive, huddle type fashion. His face going from serious to this grin. What!? Jericho had shock on his face in a moment. He looked at Jeremy and then looked at Peter. Was this kid some kind of telepath too? He must have screwed Peter's brain.

"Is your head screwed on right!?" Jericho answered just as quietly. There seemed to be something wrong with Peter, as if he didn't posses a sense of alarm. Peter nodded.

"Sure is and it's got an idea!" He smiled broadened. "Do you see the opportunity in this?"

"Oh yeah. Die or go to jail. What an opportunity!" Jeri replied sarcastically. The whole death thing didn't stop people from being enthusiastic.

"You're thinking like a pess." Peter had this thing where he shortened words like nicknames for no reason at all. Like pess was short for pessimist. "Look at it this way. You're getting paid and you're figuring out your powers." Now, Jeri wasn't the kind of guy to say no to money, but this was kind of different, wouldn't you say?

"Peter--" he cut him off.

"Come on! Don't you want a little adventure? Don't tell me you're going to back down." Jeri frowned. He wasn't the kind of just back down. Challenges were his thing and you didn't just quit a challenge. At least he didn't. Jeri raised a brow, asking the question. Was this a challenge? Peter's continuing smile seemed to answer the affirmative.

"I'm still basically being kidnapped here." Peter informed him that that was where his ingenious plan came in! He'd be getting paid, right? All he'd have to do was stay long enough to handle his powers, see what the deal was, and get enough money to get the first plane back home. He could sneak away easy. Jeri couldn't help but agree. He'd snuck away from plenty of places before. Big bosses weren't that smart anyways. Besides, they could finally get the score settled. Was he a pyro? Peter said no, Jeri said yes. If he were right, Jeri was gonna rub it in hard.

Jericho stood up straight with a small smile. His expression didn't have the doubtful fears and misgivings as it did before. It had the look of a guy who knew he'd win a bet. He smirked. "So travel is free, right?"

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Krystal Kollyns
Washington, D.C., USA
Atlanteans Rise; A Nightmare in the making

Krystal woke up screaming. It wasn't the first time.

For a while now she had been plagued by atrocious nightmares, but it wasn't all that bad until the Atlanteans had revealed themselves. Because of this, Krystal kind of wished they hadn't. Her life was normal, or at least, it had been normal, but then the Atlanteans happened. Sure, she had found it cool to learn that there were people with superpowers, and that she and her brother were two of those people, but after a fewn ightmares and a bit of thinking, Krystal believed she might actually miss her normal life. A life without all these nightmares, one where she could just be herself and not have to worry about Kris or herself in such a way she had come to in the last week.

It had only been a week.

It seemed more like an eternity. It probably would have been fine if it wasn't for the nightmares, and thanks to her "ability," they seemed to last forever. They were lucid, and she was aware of everything in them. Every. Single. Moment. Every tragedy, sorrow, terror – it all felt real. That's what terrified her the most. Sometimes she wasn't even aware that she was dreaming, hadn't realized that she had fallen asleep, and then it all just went too far. It had forced her to stay up, just so that she wouldn't have to drift off to sleep and into a nightmare. Of course, there was no way she could stay up forever, and so she eventually had to return to that realm. That realm of nightmares.

Not too much worse than reality.

Krystal shook her head. A week ago she wouldn't have thought that. A week ago she wouldn't have thought anything like that, no matter what. She would have been upbeat and optimistic, genuinely happy and not giving out false reassurances. That's what they were now, whenever someone asked her if she was alright. The smile she gave them, the cheery "I'm fine!" and telling them not to worry? It was all a lie.

It didn't seem too much better for her brother, Kris, although he didn't suffer from nightmares. Krystal wasn't completely sure what he suffered from, as he chose not to talk about it, but Krystal knew he wasn't alright. He wasn't himself. Sure, he was normally a strange little recluse that didn't see the light of day too often, other than heading to and from school, but lately he was just even more withdrawn than usual. He had tried to shrug it off, reassure the others that he was okay – they were on vacation, after all – just like she had, but to no avail. At least, it didn't convince her.

Krystal sat up as she swung her legs to the floor. She gave a sigh as she stood up, glad to be awake but not really wanting to be just yet. She grabbed a change of clothes, took a quick shower and then all of the other routine morning things, until her brother complained that she was taking toolong in the bathroom. What, it had only been a little over an hour? New record. Krystal chuckled as she exited the bathroom and walked back to her room. She grabbed her pack, slipped on her pokéball headphones and began to listen to some Angels and Airwaves. She chuckled a little as she thought of her mom when she first showed her AvA, complaining about how she couldn't understand a single thing they were saying. Perhaps it took some getting used to.

Krystal turned to exit her room, and at the last moment she grabbed her Jake the Dog hat. She put it on and played around with the strings on it, to the beat of the music, of course. She yelled to Kris as she passed bythe bathroom, notifying him of her departure, and then left the house with her friend, Destiny.

"So, what to do today?" Krystal asked cheerily as they walked out into the bright sunlight.

Destiny shrugged. "Whatever, I guess. Although," she paused, eyeing Krystal for a moment. "Maybe you should do something about your little . . . predicament. I mean, it's not like you can just shrug it off, what with all the nightmares and everything. Maybe you should go somewhere, learn about it, and maybe see if you can do something about them? There's a center right here in D.C. . . ."

Krystal sighed and shook her head. She knew what Destiny meant; go to one of those damn Atlantean Centers. It had crossed her mind a few times, and she definitely did want to learn about her ability, and help Kris with his, too, but she wasn't so sure. It just seemed so odd, and it was all happening so fast. It was almost frightening – no, actually it was frightening –how fast people had reacted and began to counter the Atlanteans. I mean, could they really be all that bad? They had lived in society for centuries, and nothing too extreme had happened . . . unless people like Hitler had been Atlanteans. That would suck.

"I'm not so sure about it. I mean . . . ," Krystal trailed off, not sure what to say.

Destiny stopped and turned to Krystal, causing her to stop as well. She had one of her intense stares on, although it was always different for Krystal than other people, seeing as they were friends and all. It was more. . . well, less bloodthirsty and more "do this for your own good or I'll drag you there myself." Krystal knew Destiny would do it, too.

"Do I have to?" Krystal moaned.

"Yes," Destiny stated, "I've already told Dimitri to get Kris when he's ready, and he agrees with me. Dimitri, I mean."

Krystal sighed once more. Destiny stood there, her long black hair shining from the sunlight. Krystal looked her over again, imagining a threat to give to Destiny. She smiled. Destiny was very pretty, but she was capable of giving the best death stares and dishing out the most painful beatings you could imagine. She was anything but girly.

"Fine, but if this doesn't work out I shall get Kasey's help to make the most girlish, pinkest, frilliest dress you can imagine and then we're going to force you into it." Destiny gave a look of disgust, and Krystal burst out laughing.

"Well," Destiny said, nodding in the direction behind Krystal. "Here they come. Time to go."

Krystal turned to see Kris and Dimitri, Destiny's boyfriend, walking up to them. "Great," Krystal sighed one final time, "best to get it over with."

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years

Thalia Windspeaker – Atlantean Mansion, Boston, England

"You have no need to worry Xiao, I will teach the boy what I can," Thalia watched River wince as she used part of her real name, not even Cobalt, Blayze nor Justin knew River's real first name, so Thalia was careful to use it only in private conversations; much to River's annoyance.

"This is the biggest prophecy the Oracle has announced since she revealed her death in the upcoming disaster. She's not always wrong, but Christian could be the one to change whether she dies or not." For just over a week now, Thalia, River and the others had been on high alert, gathering those they believed could help stop the coming disaster that the Oracle predicted. A long with that prediction had been a list of names muttered in her episode; Cobalt was rounding up the last of the names the five of them had been able to comprehend. During her episodes, the Oracle would speak in Atlantean, something they were still learning to this day.

Thalia walked out of her wardrobe into the bedroom where River stood; hands on hips. Most people who saw Thalia would think she was well out of her time, others called her a modern day hippie, but these were just labels; Thalia was Thalia despite her silk thread pyjama pants, rainbow coloured ink shirt, open souled sandals and headband complete with thick, circular glasses. Her long auburn hair flowed unaided down her back, reaching down to her tailbone.

"Nature is the root of all today, Xiao, this smoke manipulator can learn much from the world around us; I shall only aid him." Thalia spread her arms out wide as a small breeze wafted in through the open window.

"I take it that means yes, Thalia?" Like most people, River always found herself lost when talking with Thalia; there was something about the way she talked that threw almost anybody who talked to her off.

"Of course, my child," Thalia smiled at river before heading for the door, opening it wide offering River to leave before leaving herself. She followed River across the courtyard to the opposite side of the building and up the stairs to the boy's wing. River stopped in front of a room, the twenty-two year old Christian sitting on his bed gazing at a wall almost catatonically.

"May the universe grant you luck," River whispered in Thalia's ear before departing.

Thalia hesitated before knocking on his door, "Christian Calaway?" she said almost apprehensively. "I am Thalia Windspeaker, but most people call me Thalia." She took a gulp, she was never really good with students, she always felt nervous when dealing with people; she left that to River and the others.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Leon Nef- Syndicate Headquarters-Birmingham, England

Leon made periodic glances between the Corona in his hands and Joshua, who was explaining its use and functions. Without a doubt, it was an intricate piece of technology. Leon especially like the ability to store extra electricity in it. Not only would it give him a better energy source, but it would allow him to add additional amounts of electrical storage, besides just inside himself. Leon was beginning to like the device more and more. He noticed the button the Corona which would detract the poles, too. But Leon was edging to try it.

Joshua smiled "I knew you would ask that. Feel free to come in here and train anytime you wish, you could even train now. Ask any of the scientists here and they will also be able to put you through a pre-programmed training scenario for you." Leon nodded, picked up the Corona, and headed down to the training room below.

"Let's test this out." Leon said. A scientist immediately approached the console and started typing in commands.

"I'm going to run the training program for you. The object of the simulation is to hit all the targets. Some will be standing still. Others will be moving at various speeds. You can either attempt to use the Corona up close on the some of the targets as a melee weapon, or attempt to pour in enough electricity into it to arc the shots as long-range hits. The choice is up to you. Note that the further out the Corona's electricity extends, the less potent it could be. We have a damage percent identification program that will compute the damage each target receives as if they were a regular human. They range from 0%, meaning no damage, to 100%, meaning sure kill. Generally, any percent over 20 would be quite damaging, and anything over 60% would be quite lethal."

Leon nodded as the scientist explained the system. Leon would try to get all of his hits to at least a 60% this time around, that way, and improve from there. "Ready." He said as he positioned himself in the room. He swatted the button on the Corona to activate it, and began pouring electricity into it. He could see the spark plug accept the electricity, and the volts light up.

"There will be ten targets to hit. Try to do it as fast as you can. Ready...go!"

The targets popped in place. They were spread out across the room. Some stood still while others moved rapidly. The closest target was to Leon's left. He lifted up the Corona and slammed at the target with a side-swap from the Corona. Electricity pulsed off the target and scattered across the room, and the hit left a noticeable black smudge. Another target was to Leon's right, also within striking distance. Leon struck at the target again, this time with a backhand. The next target was moving side to side a meter away from the one he just hit. Pouring in some electrical energy into the Corona, Leon aimed at the target, and did a running hit on it, extending his arm back and then thrust his arm forward. The electricity sprang from the Corona for a moment and managed to extend far enough and leave its mark from half a meter away. Leon was surprised that it was able to do something like that, but decided he wanted to see what else the new weapon could do. There were three targets all relatively close to each other on the side of the room. Powering up the Corona with a little extra juice, he contorted the electricity to bend to a shape that extended from one of the poles a little more than the other, than made a distance swipe at all three. His prediction was correct. The Corona never was able to reach quite that distance yet, barely scraping at the three targets. Leon came in closer and repeated the process, swiping at the three. The result was much better. Leon wandered across the training room, trying to hit the remainder of the targets as quick as possible. Time should also be a consideration when trying to launch his attacks.

Eventually, all of them had been hit. Leon looked up at the scientist, awaiting the results. The scientist looked over the damage identification computer, and announced the results of the speaker above. "78, 75, 43, 23, 36, 47, 62, 56, 59, 56." He said. Leon noticed the three he hit simultaneously and from a meter distance were much less potent than the ones he had hit from further away. He also noticed the ones towards the end he hit were less stronger, probably because he rushed them.

"Not good enough." Leon said out loud. "Let's run it again." He wanted to be to the point where every hit he makes was at least above 60%. After that, he wanted to try targets a meter away, and attempt the same thing. He'd then keep working his way up from there, until the point that a single swing from the Corona was a sure kill to a human. It was going to be a long day.
***************​
Leon had lost track of the times he had gone with the simulations. Sweat dripped from his forehead as he knelt over, catching his breath. He had been steadily improving the damage he dished out over the next few hours. Over this time, he had also picked up a few new tricks he could use with the Corona. The Corona was a deadly close range weapon, the lightning capabilities of which much more effective than his normal bolts he could dish out. Truly, at his current pace, a single swipe, if hit with enough energy and at the correct position of the body, could kill a human in a single hit.

"96, 87, 85, 77, 82, 91, 82, 79, 84, 90." He heard over the loud speaker, the scientist relaying the last percentiles he achieved in his last attempt. It was definitely a substantial improvement. Leon would have liked those two seventies to be a bit higher, but overall, he could live with it. "Shall we take another break?" The scientist asked. Leon shook his head. "No, not yet. Give me a refill on energy, then run it again." He said. Leon thought for a moment, then spoke again. "Actually, is the program able to change what the percentage is based on?"

The scientist thought for a moment, and spoke again. "Well…theoretically yes. It would be possible. What would you like it changed to, then?"

Leon grinned, and spoke. "Change it to an Atlantean." The scientist stared at the smirking Leon, then typed in commands into the console. The targets detracted for a second, then appeared right out again. "It's done. When you're ready, begin again."
Leon positioned himself. Now that he had a handle on the Corona, he would try to take down all targets within a much quicker pace than when he first began. He would make mental notes in his head to try to keep it under a minute and a half. An orb of electricity floated into the room, a sort of battery that they were using to power up Leon's electrical reserves inside his body as well as the Corona.

"Ready, begin!" The speaker said, and Leon sprung into action once more. He pounced onto the first target, knocking it with a frontal hit with the Corona. Electricity traveled from his palms, through the device, and ended on the target as Leon impacted. He turned around in a rapid motion and attacked the next available target, which was positioned a meter away on his right, and moving at a moderately fast pace. Leon didn't hit it directly with the poles of the Corona, but rather expanded the electrical energy around the weapon to impact in a 'splash' damage around the target, ensuring it was hit without Leon having to directly hit it. There were two more targets side by side with one another. Leon ran at them at top speed, hitting one with the Corona like a club, and the other he attacked with a backhand. Electricity pulsed off the targets, and particles scattered in all directions. The remainder of the targets floated around him in a distance. Since the started of training, he was going for only power. Now he was going for power, speed, and efficiency. While the Corona was a useful weapon up close, he began relying on improving his marksmanship with long range bolt attacks during training as well: an ideal close and long-range combination. Leon gathered energy from inside himself as well as from the Corona, and transferred it over to his left hand. His nerves in his arms felt the familiar tingling feeling as the electricity gathered there in bundles. Leon stuck out his index and middle fingers, and aimed at the targets which moved around the room, rather fast. The lightning shot out of his two fingers and hit a target with immense speed. However, it did not hit directly in the center. He was sure that would take off the amount of damage actually done to it. He put it out of his mind as he aimed for the next ones, and released the lightning strikes from his fingers. One of his shots went awry, but the rest managed to hit their marks. Leon looked around, making sure all targets were hit before looking up at the scientists to see what he got. The scientist seemed to look over some calculations before speaking into the microphone.

"64, 53, 27, 54, 33, 36, 46, 49, 35, 30." He said in a clear, monotone voice. Leon cocked an eyebrow, wondering if the statistics were off. He doubted it was a computer error, though. It just meant that Atlanteans truly and for the most part would be much harder to take one out. Leon sighed. He had worked quite a while to get to the numbers he was at before, only to see them dwindle. He felt for a moment as if he had learned nothing at all, but quickly dismissed that thought in his mind. He knew he was improving. He could feel it, inside his body, and out. "I'm going to take a break. Get some food." Leon said.

He was about to be guided by one of the scientists, but he raised his hand in decline. He remembered the way, and would rather not have anyone go with him while he ate. Proceeding to the area Joshua had shown him before, Leon walked in silence to the kitchen room. He opened the refrigerator, and examined the contents, before taking out a few bags of bread and spread. He searched the area for a fruit, a certain fruit he had craved for, but none of its kind was present. He grudgingly chose an apple instead to add to the food. Preparing himself some sandwiches with the spread, he ate silently, and thought. The past few days' events rolled in his head and he tried to make sense of how fast everything had happened. The teleportation into the warehouse, the battle in the woods. It all seemed like it happened so long ago, but in reality, it had not been that long at all. The murder of those four Atlanteans still lingered in his mind quite often, though, no matter how much he tried to bury the thoughts. Whenever they resurfaced, Leon told himself that it had to be done, that there was no other way, that it was either him or them. He told himself that, and for a while longer, everything was fine again.

Leon finished his food, and proceeded back into the training room. "Fill me up." Leon said again as he walked past the scientists back down into the training room. He had a set target in his mind, and he was going to reach it before the days end.

****************​
Leon's bones ached. He had given it his all, in a final effort to reach his goal. All targets were damaged from constant attacks of electricity. The Corona lay on the ground next to him. He looked back up to the scientist, who processed the percentiles, for what Leon hopes to be one last time. The scientist looked up, and announced the scores.

"87, 75, 82, 80, 62, 68, 73, 65, 79, 93." The scientist said, with a smile on his face. Leon panted on the ground, but smiled to himself as he rose up. Good enough, Leon said to himself. "That's enough for today. I'm done with training." His body was sore with every step he took. He had probably overexerted himself for today. Leon climbed back up to the control room, trying his best to compose himself, and regulate his breathing back to normal.

"So…anyone know where the hell I'll be sleeping around here?" Leon asked, looking at nobody in particular. He was tired, done with all the nonsense, and didn't want to do much else today except rest. He knew he earned it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023

"Otto" - Travelling from Florence, Italy to Boston, England

"The knowledge is in your blood, your lineage," she said, finding herself a little frustrated and impatient as the train moved along faster and faster, but keeping her face cool and emotionless. "It will be a simple process. It would take about three minutes for him to obtain this knowledge. And then, in return, he will supply you with his own knowledge." The Librarian himself, like she had said before, was a being of knowledge. One of the original Atlanteans, an immortal. She would not share that information just yet though, there was still more she had to get from this father and son and more she had to give.

"Stopping the train will be a simple task. My ability possess strength. But there are emergency stop buttons located all over the train. And it would be easy to lie to the driver. Or, if we would not like to stop the train, there are other methods. You just have to trust me," she said that honestly. Not many people did trust her. Her hair, her tattoos, her clothing. To everyone else, she felt like some kind of terrorist. What she needed now was for this father and son to look past that.

She stood up and held out her hands to the father and son, offering to help them up.

"I am Otto and I am Atlantean. And we want to help others who are Atlantean to understand their purpose."​

Last edited:

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years

Cira & Alex Gaile

In their blood? Okay, it's definitely Assassin's Creed-y now. Did they really have something like the Animus? "It would take about three minutes for him to obtain this knowledge." Three minutes; okay, so no Animus. And was she a subject of it? "In return, he will supply you with his own knowledge." Fair deal, since aside from the look the girl seemed alive and well. Anyways, who was this guy who could get ancestral information from someone's blood? That's a question that sparked Cira's curiosity, but it would have to be answered later.

"My ability possesses strength." Maybe she could stop the train with her bare hands. Maybe not if it was at full speed, but it wasn't there, yet. "Or, if we would not like to stop the train, there are other methods. You just have to trust me."

Then she introduced herself. Augh, just making more questions. What's their "purpose?" GAH. And worse, it'll have to WAIT before they're answered. Cira got the answers to his initial questions, and with the train getting ever farther from the Vatican he wasn't gonna push it without risking the girl changing face.

Cira took Otto's hand and stood up, Alex pulling himself onto his feet. "So," Cira continued, "which way should we go? Just get the conductor to stop the train, or a more exciting way?" Of course, his father would instantly try and opt for the latter.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years

Jeremy Kyle – Ohio, America

Jericho stood upright after conversing deeply with Peter, something about the boy had changed in the few minutes the boys had taken to converse with one another about the possibility of Jericho leaving, and by his reply, Jeremy knew Jericho had made up his decision.

"So, travel is free?" Jericho asked with a smirk, making Jeremy smile and take the boy's hand. Jeremy was ecstatic that someone else was going to be joining them and the Syndicate, sure Jeremy liked Leon, but Leon was still quite hostile towards Jeremy, reminding him somewhat of the Directive, and others would mean more people to get to know and hang out with.

Jeremy brought Jericho closer to himself to make it easier for teleportation, bidding Peter a swift farewell before teleporting himself and Jericho halfway across the world to England. When it came to himself, Jeremy found it easy and that it took less energy to teleport by himself, with another person however, this became twice as difficult. The more people he needed to teleport, the more difficult it became for him, and if he wasn't careful, he could easily kill himself, and no doubt the others he was taking with him. The energy required to teleport himself would be doubled, triple, quadrupled and so on depending on the amount of people he would be teleporting; one extra person was more than enough energy.

Sheffield, England

With eyes closed, Jeremy kept a mental picture of the air force base for later reference if he was to ever travel to America again, the slowly replaced the picture of Ohio with one in England; Sheffield to be precise. Jeremy checked his watch when they arrived, already feeling the stress on his body from having to teleport Jericho alongside himself, but he had one more recruit the Directive wanted him to receive, and with two failed attempts, two recruits would be better than one, despite the drawback he would experience. Before traveling to America, Jeremy had searched out the next residence where his new recruit lived, bringing Jericho into an alleyway, frightening a stray cat. Jeremy had planned the timing perfectly; the picture of Archie Stevens matched the same description of the boy who walked past the alleyway, stopping to wait for a bus.

Jeremy motioned for Jericho to follow behind him as he left the shadow of the alleyway to the sidewalk, following Archie from a safe distance. As soon as Archie stopped at the bus stop, Jeremy carried on walking, joining Archie at the bus stop as his watch began to buzz. His heart started racing,, the buzzing of his watch meant that he was out of time, the Directive would be expecting his presence in the Warehouse within the next couple of minutes and if he didn't make an appearance soon, he would be in sever trouble with the Directive; someone he would never want to cross.

"Sorry," Jeremy muttered under his breathe, eyes down cast, as he grabbed Archie's shoulder the same time as he reached back and grabbed Jericho's shirt. Jeremy would explain thing when they were back in the warehouse, but for now Jeremy needed to deliver them to the Syndicate. By the time Jeremy had grabbed their shirts; he had already brought up the picture of the warehouse in his head and began to teleport. He would regret the damage done once they were in the warehouse.

Birmingham, England

It felt like his arms were going to rip out of their sockets. As per usual, Jeremy appeared a metre about the ground, the three boys falling onto the hard concrete below. Jeremy cried out at the pain from having so forcefully teleported the other two, tears brimming at the edges of his eyes threatening to roll away. He brought his arms close to his body, wrapping them around his chest, keeping them in as if somehow they would recover quickly that way. With eyes firmly closed to drive back the pain, he didn't notice the light flood the floor they lay on and three men stepped out from the shadows. The middle man was the same that had met Leon and Jeremy the day before; he was short, around five and a half feet tall, his bodyguards closer to six feet. Balding and stocky, this man seemed to fit the stereotype of "rich drug dealer" or at least someone who dealt in dodgy dealings, with influential people.

The chairs from yesterday remained, yet another chair had made an addition to the ones already existing there; they had obviously been expecting at least two of Jeremy's recruits to make an appearance. "Hello Mr. Heiko, and Mr…" he stopped for a bit, tapping his chin in a thinking pose, "…Mr. Stevens. Have a seat, both of you." This wasn't really an offer more like an order, but Jeremy still gave the two a look as if to say 'go ahead.'

Clearing his throat, he began to speak again, "I represent the Syndicate, a group of people interested in your....gifts, Archie and Jericho. Though I am not a part of them, I do dealings with them, such dealings as having to... babysit... you Atlanteans." He pulled a cigar from his coat pocket, lighting it in his mouth and blowing the thick, acrid smoke out in front of him, "You will be paid, quite generously too for someone like you, and your days will be anything but the boring lives of the humans around you as you will discover your ability and learn to use it," he emphasised the 'someone', as if trying to make them feel insignificant, he had done this countless times to Jeremy, "teaming up with others here to do what myself or those higher up," he briefly looked at the ceiling, "wish of you."

"So what do you say... Atlantean?" adding the last word a few seconds later, almost spitting it out.

Kikpanther

Years

To make a story short, Jericho could describe teleportation as... Terrifying. It wasn't what he saw, fore he didn't see anything. He was going to fast for anything. It was like a blink but... Longer somehow. He didn't know how to describe it at all. This horrible feeling had come to him. Like something was horribly wrong. He could feel it in his stomach and then throughout his body. This feeling of panic like he was about to be ripped apart, turned to shreds, die in some horrible, inter-dimensional way. He almost felt like he was being ripped from where he was, dragged faster than the speed of light to another location by an unknown hand. It felt like he'd slip from that grasp any second and land by himself somewhere horrible where bad things happened. He could hear it, what would happen. Hear things around him but not know what it was. It was like a screaming, some unnatural screech and caterwaul sounding about. Whatever it was, it sounded like it was Hell. The more he heard it, the more he wanted to pull away and run back. He couldn't, though... And it took so long.

It all stopped, suddenly. It was quiet now, peaceful, dark. The change had been too sudden and Jeri felt another emotion coming up his bowels. Then, he felt a cool breeze. Jeri opened his eyes, seeing himself completely somewhere new. It was winter, here, wherever he was. He felt confused for a second, flustered. He couldn't fathom why he was here. Didn't he just...? He tried to remember the past horrors, but nothing came to him. All he remembered was that he was with Peter and then he'd opened his eyes here. His shaking, something he wasn't aware he was doing, stopped as he realized no danger was present. That feeling in him subsided and soon everything seemed to be normal, discluding the sudden change in location. He grinned, laughing a to himself.

This was awesome! Who ever got to teleport? Well, Jeremy of course, but... Ah, who cared about specifics? He just teleported! Jesus! He felt like one of those futuristic dudes! He wondered how much fun Jeremy had with this. He probably did it all the time! It was f***ing spectacular! His smile faded a little without his notice. Something in his mind disagreed.

Dread came over Jericho for a moment. The feeling, he couldn't place it. He pushed it down without a thought. They had ended up in what seemed like an alleyway. The noise of some cat came out from behind him. He jumped, not expecting it at all and then took a deep breath to calm himself. Stupid cats, he thought. He smiled mentally, reminded of his own cat. A kid passed by the alleyway entrance, not noticing them at all. Jeremy told him to follow. Jeri raised a brow. Where were they going? And where were they in the first place? He had a mind to ask, but something told him that he shouldn't just yet.

They came up behind the person that had walked by the alleyway and now stood still at the bus stop. He raised a brow, wondering where on Earth they were going next. They stopped at the bus stop, waiting, he supposed, to go somewhere new. He became distracted to his surroundings when he felt that annoying feeling on his stomach again. A feeling that had plagued him since the beginning of the week. That itch. It prickled at his stomach, only in two specific places, begging for attention. He grimaced and tried to ignore it. Stupid tattoo... Marking... Thing! Why did it have to exist? It's start up only made him think about this waiting. He got irritated then. If he could teleport, what was the point of going to a bus stop!? Jericho looked at Jeremy and opened his mouth to speak. He didn't get a word in before the watch rang, he felt Jeremy touch him, and that horrifying sensation was back.

Next thing he knew, Jeri was suspended in the air. Actually, the ground was rushing towards him. He landed on the ground with a loud and painful smack!, right on concrete. He jumped up immediately, making an exclamation of pain and a curse.

"F*cking... Christ!" Jeri held his nose in substitute for everything else on his body that hurt. His nose felt like it'd taken the worst hit and luckily it was the easiest to reach. It didn't seem broken. He looked above them from where they fell and then down at Jeremy. Jeremy had cried out and Jeri thought he deserved it. He had the mind to kick him right in the ribs. Instead he scowled and yelled at him. "What the Hell is the bi--" he stopped his oncoming rant by a sudden shadow over him. There was a man there with them... Not just a man. Men. There were three. One short man in the middle and two flanking his outsides.

There was something about this small middle man. He stood out much more than the average person. He didn't even know him, hadn't even seen him before and yet he could see he was important, feel it even. Something about him mad Jeri's natural bravado cool into weariness. He looked at the kid they abducted, then at Jeremy. His eyes looked doubtful for his earlier decision. His eyes snapped back to the suited man when he began to speak. He was told to sit and he stood there for a moment, not moving. Another look to Jeremy gave him a nod. Things would be okay if eh just sat down, it seemed to say.

Jeri did as he was told and the suited man began a spiel. He felt a ripple go over his skin, making him suddenly hot and then suddenly cold when the man spoke his name. It was weird that he already knew him... That people he'd never seen already knew him. It was creepy, unnatural even. It made him want to run in the other direction. The man started talking... Talking with this sort of tone Jeri could tell wasn't right. His words were sincere, telling them, him and "Mr. Stevens", about the jobs they would do about his job. Jericho frowned when he mentioned babysitting. His bravado came back and his anger went up a bit. You can't babysit people you kidnap. Okay, he sort of volunteered, but this other kid... Mr. Stevens? He didn't exactly agree to this.

Jeri had the urge to get up and punch this guy in the face. Babysitting. You can't call it babysitting if someone was taken against their will. He wasn't going to play this whole kidnapping thing but... Come on. These people were getting on his nerves. It was like they were trying to say he was a burden. He spat out his last word. Atlantean. A small shudder went through Jericho. He could tell now he wouldn't like being called that. He'd lived as a human for nineteen years and now they wanted to tell him he was something else? No, he wouldn't accept that. Not readily, at least. He was a human a week ago and he was a human now. He wasn't going to change because of some stupid tattoo. Mentioned now, he was reminded of the each. It was coming back again and worse than ever. He winced, gripped the arms of the chair, and gritted his teeth. This was going to be hard to ignore.

This whole thing seemed like it would be a fun challenge, but now as Jericho got into it, it seemed like it would be quite the opposite. These people were going to drive him crazy if they were going to keep up this... Attitude. He wasn't planning to stay here anyways. Why even go into the scheme?

"How about no," Jericho growled almost on purpose. He gripped the chair harder, winced, and made an aggressive frown. It was hard keeping himself from twitching and fidgeting over this itch. It was even harder to think. He managed to get thought in his head... Ones seriously considering how bad this deal probably was. This suit guy didn't look like he was the right person to pick as a friend and the whole organization as a whole seemed shady. It made him question Jeremy's character, he seemed like someone who was probably nice even though he scared the **** out of him earlier. That didn't seemed to fit very nicely now. He stole a glance at Jeremy, wondering not only how he could put up with this, but if he was really all he seemed to be.

Back