• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Card RPG

* Jade *

Banned
Years
  • Age 49
  • Seen Dec 9, 2005
HEY

I am wondering which is best for making a Card RPG - remember Pokemon TCG2 for GB? I want to make one that have all of 3rd Gen cards from EX:RS on.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
I don't think one of these have been done before. I suppose if it's programmed like a CBS then it could be done in RPG Maker. I guess it all depends on whichever maker you're most comfortable with.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I'd say RMXP. First you could set every card its own variable- then You can use the variables to randomise the hand, and opponents hands..
Just depends on ur coding I guess..

Years
Yeah neo is right.. A card game would be easier to do because the stats etc. of all the monsters (in this case, pokemon) are all the same for every card of the same type.
A bulbasaur card would always be lv.6 or something, it would never gain exp or hp or anything so it would require a lot less coding.. I think it would still be a big task though (for a minigame) and I suggest a few tutorials first.

Back