• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discontinued: Pokémon: LIFE Version

What is you favorite season? (From the 5th generation games)

• Spring

Votes: 114 20.8%
  • Summer

Votes: 106 19.4%
  • Autumn

Votes: 169 30.9%
  • Winter

Votes: 225 41.1%

• Total voters

Dionen

deprived of sleep
Years
I know you guys LOVE pictures, so here goes a map!

aU2bZxt.png

????? Farm
It's your home and where your father works, selling flowers to the whole Nendios.
The Flower Festivel occurs to the left of the map. Too bad that this year's festival was the last one...

You decide the name of the farm. Keep it simple! ^_^​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 26, 2021
I think you should give the grass at the bridge a darker palette (if possible), otherwise i dont really see the bridge going downwards.

I generally appreciate the way you map though.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Well I read the introduction and this hacks looks promising, I hope you complete it.

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
Years

aU2bZxt.png

????? Farm
It's your home and where your father works, selling flowers to the whole Nendios.
The Flower Festivel occurs to the left of the map. Too bad that this year's festival was the last one...

*MOUTH WATERS UNCONTROLLABLY*

I can't wait anymore. This is beautiful.

As for the name: Lush Garden/Springs, either one's good.

Years

aU2bZxt.png

????? Farm

Serenity Farm?

Um, the map looks great, Dionen!
G'luck on releasing the beta!

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2016
Wait, you talks portuguese? Haha, I'm a brazilian! Talking about the hack, I think that you should remove Burmy, Jigglypuff, Castform, Lickitung, Cryogonal and their evolutionary families. No one really use they. And maybe you could do a demo that goes up to the first gym for us. Pleeeeeeeeeease? ^_^ Haha, anyways, this hack is amazing. Keep up with the good work. ;)

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years

aU2bZxt.png

????? Farm

Flora Farm or Sol Farm, as both reference the Sunflower :)

I guess my last choice of a name would be Hana Farm.

That'll be all for today.

Dionen

deprived of sleep
Years
I think you should give the grass at the bridge a darker palette (if possible), otherwise i dont really see the bridge going downwards.
I generally appreciate the way you map though.
Yeah, I am also trying to figure out a way of making that ramp more visually recognizable
but it's hard, cause I have no more free space or palettes
Maybe normal stairs would have been a better choice
and thanks dude!
Well I read the introduction and this hacks looks promising, I hope you complete it.
Thanks dude! It will take some time, but I will ;)
*MOUTH WATERS UNCONTROLLABLY*
I can't wait anymore. This is beautiful.
As for the name: Lush Garden/Springs, either one's good.
Lush Springs? Interesting :2:
Thanks!
Serenity Farm?
Um, the map looks great, Dionen!
G'luck on releasing the beta!
Serenity Farm? hmmm :2:
Thanks!
Wait, you talks portuguese? Haha, I'm a brazilian! Talking about the hack, I think that you should remove Burmy, Jigglypuff, Castform, Lickitung, Cryogonal and their evolutionary families. No one really use they. And maybe you could do a demo that goes up to the first gym for us. Pleeeeeeeeeease? ^_^ Haha, anyways, this hack is amazing. Keep up with the good work. ;)
I agree with the Burmy, Jigglypuff and Castform part
But my Lickitung is staying ^_^
aaaaaand an alpha is not in my plans, cause it would mess up the Beta Hype
zWvY6pA.gif

Flora Farm or Sol Farm, as both reference the Sunflower :)
I guess my last choice of a name would be Hana Farm.
That'll be all for today.
Hana? Like, Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind
You sir just reminded me of my childhood
GTK9IXr.gif

RjYbqpq.gif

Let's start with something cool:
HgNP6Kg.png

Interiors

Such a pretty bedroom, isn't it?
Credits to Spaceemotion, Alucus, FalseFaTe and warox1994!

Now to the big image:

AvUnnVs.png

What a huuuge statue!

Well, apparently your mother's Florges did some great things.
And now to the part that you will all hate:

AaW1r2n.gif

Flabébé, your Initial Pokémon!

Don't worry, you will be able to choose between Unova ones.
Just a little bit later than initially planned.

See ya!
PS: I'm not obcessed with flowers
It's just that your family works with them
Just that
I swear
6KKU1ez.gif

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 16, 2022
The interiors looks amazing.
Oh please please make the Floette - Eternal Flower forme available. Just because we get a special Floette and the Eternal Flower is so cool.
When do you think the first Beta (or Alpha) will be complete? I'm building a time machine, I can't wait.

Dionen

deprived of sleep
Years
The interiors looks amazing.
Oh please please make the Floette - Eternal Flower forme available. Just because we get a special Floette and the Eternal Flower is so cool.
When do you think the first Beta (or Alpha) will be complete? I'm building a time machine, I can't wait.
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu great idea! I just designed the perfect event for it.
Well, no dates yet
I really have no idea of when I am going to complete the first beta, because my schedule is really unstable right now and it will be like this for a few months.
Probably it will take a little more time :(
Hana as in the Japanese word for flower, but Ohana works too :p.
It will be O'Hana then ^_^

I really want to give this hack a feel of RPG to it.
Avoiding a story as linear as Pokémon's, and making the gameplay something different, something like Final Fantasy.
Suggestions?

UltraXTheMagmaDrapion

I regret most of my past behavior here lol.
Years
There are still some contradictions, I'd suggest the following.

This is not your Yours is not an average, simple story; yours is a story spanning many dimensions of reality, and exploring the very idea of life itself.

Generally, you would consider your conceptions concepts of reality to be accurate...
They're are not.
They Reality is unstable.

All you really know is that time is running and the Earth is spinning.

You are one in There are seven billion others like you, but you are still different.

On your island, Nendios, you dream the same dream that what all young trainers like yourself do -- to triumph over the Elite Four...

But there's more to the journey ahead of you than you could ever know.

Again, there are seven billion like you -- unfortunately however, not many of them only a handful are as pure.

Many will try to manipulate you, and anyone similarly pure, to use you to their own ends; or even to simply impede your progress out of envy.

You must take heed of this. Life, the world, and the people within, that they are all unpredictable, despite what some may think.

Certainly, stride forth -- just be cautious.

Whilst I appreciate Jyohomson's attempt to fix my version of the introduction somewhat, I would not call my errors 'contradictions' as he named them, and some of the things he changed were either not errors in the first place or do not improve the flow of the piece.

I will place all of my comments on each of his changes in spoilers in an effort to organise this reply somewhat.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

So yeah :P

So back to aiming at Dionen -- when you see this, please consider xD
Below, I'll include what would now be the fourth revision of the piece for if you agree with my stance.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 16, 2022
Whilst I appreciate Jyohomson's attempt to fix my version of the introduction somewhat, I would not call my errors 'contradictions' as he named them, and some of the things he changed were either not errors in the first place or do not improve the flow of the piece.

I will place all of my comments on each of his changes in spoilers in an effort to organise this reply somewhat.

Let me begin with why I made the changes.

"Your change of 'This is not your' to 'Yours is not an' is a good change that shifts the player into the center of the scene as the person whose story it is, rather than placing the player aside and the story into the hands of the narrator, who would have been in the center. "

I suggested the change because it did not agree with the sentence that followed. This is not your average, simple story; yours.. do not agree with each other as you use a semicolon, not a full stop.

"Your correction of 'conceptions' to 'concepts' is, indeed, correct. My mistake."

Indeed.

"The change of 'They are' to 'Reality is' is the first problematic change (problematic in my eyes, at least). My intention was to imply that reality is stable, though extremely complex, and that humanity's common understanding of reality is the actual issue. Casting the common idea of reality as unstable gives the vibe that something ground-breaking, mind-boggling or otherwise thought-provoking is to come as the concept of reality is corrected, or aligned more closely to the reality of reality. Casting reality as unstable, however, suggests that reality itself is set to break apart without even being manipulated. I got the feeling that Dionen was going for the former, so that's where I tried to take it. Really, I guess either of our interpretations could be right -- Dionen should decide this for himself, I guess. "

I suggested this change because there was simply too much repetition. "They're not. They are unstable." "They" is repeated twice, which does not look nice (prepare for trouble and make it double lol). Also, using an apostrophe in one sentence and the full form in the other introduced inconsistency. I did not mean to change the meaning, I just wanted to make it look better. I don't think I have changed whatever it is that the original sentences meant, since that was never my intended purpose.

"The second modification I take issue with is the changing of the following:

You are one in seven billion like you, but you are still different.

To the following:

There are seven billion others like you, but you are different.

The change from 'You are one in seven billion like you' to 'There are seven billion others like you' removes the aspect of the player being just one among many and instead shines a spotlight on the player, leaving the seven billion others to the side. The reason I disagree with this is that my rendition implies that the player is not yet of legend but has qualities that would eventually lead to legendary status, by painting the image of a crowd of seven billion unknown entities around the player. Your rendition casts the player as already being a legend in spite of not yet having partaken in the events that would make the player into one, through the separation of the others from the player. As such, I strongly recommend that Dionen revert this segment to the way I designed it. "

Again, I have introduced no change in meaning, I am just cleaning up whatever was written and removing repetition and, in the process, shortening sentences. "You" is repeated too much. But, unlike you suggested, the repetition does not introduce focus to "you", it just makes it annoying to read.

An edit, if I may suggest, is removing the "like you" part so that it reads "You are one in seven billion, but you are different."

"The next modification I disagree with is the change from this:

On your island, Nendios, you dream the same dream that all young trainers like yourself do -- to triumph over the Elite Four...

To this:

On your island, Nendios, you dream what all young trainers like you do -- to triumph over the Elite Four...

Your use of 'what' in reference to the player's dream as opposed to specifically referring to that dream makes the person speaking more casual, which is of detriment to the atmosphere this piece is supposed to convey. In addition, my use of 'yourself' is not erroneous, whilst your replacement of it with 'you' makes the sentence even more casual. Resultantly, I recommend that this segment is also reverted."

Again, too much repetition. You is repeated so much that there is no variety to the intro, it just becomes very redundant and boring. Dream is repeated twice, and the whole sentence sounds very, very awkward.

"Next up, I find your shortening of 'But there's more to the journey ahead of you than you could ever know' to 'But there's more to the journey ahead than you could ever know' to be unnecessary, and I personally feel it makes the sentence a little jarringly short. It's not a big deal, but I feel compelled to mention it nevertheless."

Again, I am removing repetition. A lot of words are just repeated for no reason.

"With your next edit - the change from 'Again, there are seven billion like you -- unfortunately, not many of them are as pure' to 'Again, there are seven billion like you -- however, only a handful are as pure' - is somewhat good. I do feel, however, that the description of extension to the recap as 'unfortunate' should be left in.

I therefore suggest a merged version:

Again, there are seven billion like you -- unfortunately, however, only a handful are as pure."

This will do nicely. :)

"Your second-last change is erroneous, even if you remove either part. The injection of that semicolon makes no sense -- the part that comes after it is not in response to the part prior to it nor is it expanding on the part prior; it's a suggestion in addition to the part prior. A comma here would have been acceptable, but not necessary either. If a semicolon should be anywhere, it's at the end of 'Many will try to manipulate you, and anyone similarly pure,' in place of the comma. In fact, I should really have put one here in the first place.

As for the shortening of 'or even to simply impede your progress out of envy' to 'or even impede your progress out of envy,' this change is acceptable, albeit completely unnecessary and detrimental to the implication of that segment. The inclusion of 'to simply' implies that a select few may attempt to impede the player for no reason other than their own insecurities or flaws, whereas the omission of that bit subtracts the attitude of incredulity toward that motive.

All up, I suggest reverting to my old version but injecting a semicolon in the spot I mentioned it being appropriate:

Many will try to manipulate you, and anyone similarly pure; to use you to their own ends, or even to simply impede your progress out of envy."

Your use of the semicolon makes no sense at all. The latter sentence is indeed an extension of the former. Adding "to simply" will disagree with this and make the sentence sound even more awkward than it already is. Your original sentence had awkward wording, I tried to clear it up.

Well, if not "it's a suggestion in addition to the part prior," then a dash would be the most appropriate. Your current revision is extremely awkward.

"Life, the world, and the people within that are unpredictable, despite what some may think.

My intention here was to imply that three things are to be taken heed of:
- Life
- The world itself
- The people on the Earth; specifically, the ones that are unpredictable

I can understand how, at a glance, it may have appeared that I was trying to imply that they are all unpredictable and misworded my sentence. But I was actually intending only to refer to a section of the people in the world comprised of people who are unpredictable -- I was not implying that all people are unpredictable, nor that life or the world are. If you ask me, life and the world each sometimes have patterns that you can eventually cotton on to if you observe them closely, meaning that they are not always unpredictable. As such, I decided not to describe them as such.

Anyway, what I'm saying here is that my rendition of this segment was not erroneous, and as such could be reinstated -- although I will reconstruct my version to flow a little better for the eyes.

You must take heed of this. Life, the world and the unpredictable people within. Even in spite of those who would have you believe that all people's thoughts and actions can be predicted.

But, if Dionen likes yours better, then it's missing something and should at least be fixed as it is below:

You must take heed of this. Life, the world, and the people within -- they are all unpredictable, despite what some may think. "

Now this I find completely outrageous. "Life, the world, and the people within that are unpredictable, despite what some may think." Can you point out the verb in this sentence? It has no action whatsoever, and is just a fragment, not a complete sentence. I will be very blunt and say that this was the reason I suggested my revised version. Your improved recommendation for this part, however, is infinitely better.

It seems to me that you have throughly misunderstood what I did with your intro. Your intro was VERY, and I put emphasis on VERY, awkward. Words were out of place. Some sentences were not even sentences at all. You used improper diction and your criticism of my edits do not focus on grammar and language but on what the sentences mean, and other such trifles. You suggest reverting back to your not-so-well-done intro just because you think my edits change the meaning of the sentences. All I wanted was to improve the intro so it looks well done. And I think I have done a fair job. My edits change nothing of the original meaning. Since Dionen is the owner of the hack, you yourself cannot claim to know what the hack is about or what the intro should mean. All your arguments focus on this and this only, completely ignoring grammatical errors and word choices, while the opposite should be true.

I do agree with some of the changes that you suggest, but most are just irrelevant.

If you have a gmail account, feel free to give me your ID. I could put up a live version of this document and we can both work towards a better intro. I do not want you to take offense, since this is your intro and all I can do is suggest grammatical changes. Lets work together so we can have an intro that does justice to this hack.

And what a beautiful hack it is. I think we both can agree on that.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 23, 2015
This looks amazing, those sprites are !! Does this one have megas and S/P split.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Really loving the feel of this! I'm a complete sucker for games that feature seperate endings/choices. I'm looking forward to being able to play it, keep up the great work!
Also, I'm not sure if this question was already answered, but seeing as there are multiple endings, is it possible to join the bad side?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
personally one thing that bothers me about every pokemon game and hack is that you catch all of the legendaries at the end so you dont have any use for them because the story is over. so maybe legendary events could be spread out and not necessarily mandatory to keep the storyline going. this hack looks amazing by the way :)

Dionen

deprived of sleep
Years
Oh my god, this hack's already gonna be a blast. Can't wait for the beta.
Thanks dude! I Appreciate you support ^_^
~insert detailed post here~​
So yeah :P
So back to aiming at Dionen -- when you see this, please consider xD
Below, I'll include what would now be the fourth revision of the piece for if you agree with my stance.
~insert revision here~​
heyooooooooooooooooooo
I talked to you, and I am going to mix some of your changes with Jyohomson's ones.
Thanks dude! It's too much english, my brain cannot handle it ;-;
Hope this gets made my anticipation for this is through the roof.
I was going to make a joke with twerk but I had read it wrong :(
jokes apart, thanks dude! I really appreciate it c:
Let me begin with why I made the changes.
~insert post here~​
Dude you should check the rules you need 25 characters and 4 words to post
Anyway, I will mix some of yours changes with UltraXTheMagmaDrapion's ones
As I said, It's too much english and my brain cannot handle it ;-;
This looks amazing, those sprites are !! Does this one have megas and S/P split.
It uses MrDollSteak rombase, so the hack has it's S/P system. We do not have megas yet! And I won't be the one developing it, hehe
If someone does it, and makes it public, I'm sure we'll use it!
Really loving the feel of this! I'm a complete sucker for games that feature seperate endings/choices. I'm looking forward to being able to play it, keep up the great work!
Also, I'm not sure if this question was already answered, but seeing as there are multiple endings, is it possible to join the bad side?
hmmmm, the hack doesn't have a specific bad side. If you are in one "side", you are going to se the other as the "bad" one. It's relative, but we do have something like this in the hack!
personally one thing that bothers me about every pokemon game and hack is that you catch all of the legendaries at the end so you dont have any use for them because the story is over. so maybe legendary events could be spread out and not necessarily mandatory to keep the storyline going. this hack looks amazing by the way :)
Yeah! Having to capture all legendaries is boring. I understand why people do that because it's hard to choose between legendaries. The hack will save some, but they will be available via side-quests and stuff. They won't be essentially part of the story.
Still waiting for the release :D
Thanks! But it will take a time ^_^
RjYbqpq.gif

did someone realize that now we have a hoopa up here?
Pxxan86.gif

Blue Crystal System
Due to FBI Agent's ASM magic, the menu does not contains the "Save" option anymore.
You can use theses crystals to save, and later you will be able to use them to heal your Pokemons.

Li8o6lh.png

Mugshots!
Voilà! Probably I'll use them to express emotions and stuff. (Only main and secondary characters)
And yes, I know that it will be hard to get used to the new names, because they are not the same people from the official games.
They are just very similar ^_^
But I'm pretty sure you will get used to them
I promess

Back