• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 23, 2013
Hello I have a question. can you change how a weather effect looks by using UNLZ for pokemon ruby? example make the snowing effect have more detail such as in diamond and pearl. If this is possible which offset is the weather located on UNLZ?

blue

gucci
Years
I've made those changes but it still doesn't seem to work... the only thing I want to do is make it so the Gym Leader theme plays in battle, no movement or anything.

Years
  • Seen Dec 15, 2023
Can anyone tell me the location of Yellow's sgb frame palette? I've been searching the forums and on google and can't find it. I found Blue's, but when I entered that into the palette editor program it crashed. :/

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I've made those changes but it still doesn't seem to work... the only thing I want to do is make it so the Gym Leader theme plays in battle, no movement or anything.

Oh, I see. I misunderstood what you wanted. The only way in FR to make gym leader music play in a trainerbattle is to have the trainer's class as Leader or Elite Four.

See Dr. Fuji's post above. It has a link to a method you can use to temporarily switch the battle music. It's an excellent, if limited, way to achieve the music switching you desire.

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2013
I tried importing a custom image in the place of the Rival image in Fire Red using unLZ that is stored on offset 4623EC, but it didn't really work. In fact, what happens is that the image of the player character (Red) shows up and his head explodes. Not really what I was going for.

I didn't import this image in the place of the rival, nor did I import the original player image in it's place. This just sort of pops up and I have no clue where the image is that I imported. Any ideas anyone?

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
I tried importing a custom image in the place of the Rival image in Fire Red using unLZ that is stored on offset 4623EC, but it didn't really work. In fact, what happens is that the image of the player character (Red) shows up and his head explodes. Not really what I was going for.

I didn't import this image in the place of the rival, nor did I import the original player image in it's place. This just sort of pops up and I have no clue where the image is that I imported. Any ideas anyone?

If you need help replacing sprites in unLZ, I have a video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGihhXkQOPk

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years

Here I don't know if it's easy for you but it's easy for me... :)

Herre's a tut to replace Trainer Sprites using NSE 2.x xD
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=285168

:)

Years
  • CO
  • Seen Mar 16, 2023
Hello, I was told to try to ask people on here and maybe I might get an answer^_^ I was woundering what kind of program or programs are people like HackMew using to create these tools that mod ROMs. And I was also woundering what scripting language is being used, like C++ or C# ect.. I am wanting to get one of the Visual studio 2010 express packages but not really sure which one to get and don't want to go and learn the whole wrong software.. So If Anyone could help that would be just great^_^

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Hello, I was told to try to ask people on here and maybe I might get an answer^_^ I was woundering what kind of program or programs are people like HackMew using to create these tools that mod ROMs. And I was also woundering what scripting language is being used, like C++ or C# ect.. I am wanting to get one of the Visual studio 2010 express packages but not really sure which one to get and don't want to go and learn the whole wrong software.. So If Anyone could help that would be just great^_^

1) Epic facepalm at the "scripting" language. It is not a scripting language, it is a programming language. There is a definable difference between the 2. Eg, the difference between ASM and Scripting in Pokémon. Scripting is building on top of the existing engine while programming is creating or modifying the engine itself.

2) Most tools that I'm aware of are programmed in the Visual Basic language, and are programmed using Visual Studio as you suggest. There are a handful of exceptions to that rule. Eg, A-Map.

The main reason people use this seems to be that there are ROM hacking libraries available for use. I'm not sure where people get them from right enough.

3) With enough experience, you could easily programme these tools in any language you liked. As I said above, VB seems to be most common because of the pre-existing libraries.

You would have to insert the RSE music into the FRLG ROM. (Using Sappy and all of that jazz)

He would also have to port the voicegroup, as most RSE music uses a different VG from what FR tracks do. The drumset is completely different too (although the RSE drumset IS in FR). It's a relatively simple process nowadays with sappy's new functions, but back in the old days - porting music was murder!

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Evolution Items

Does anybody know how to make an evolution item like the fire stone on pokemon ruby I tried making an Ice stone with Item Manager for Eevee to evolve into Glaceon since I don't know how to do it like they did in D/P/Pt so I tried making the item and so far it does show the green HP Bar instead of NOT ABLE but when I press A it says that it can't evolve help please?

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2012
Hi, I have another question. I couldn't really find the answer after searching quite a bit. (By the way, I'm using Ruby Version)

For example, in Advancemap, if I edited Route 101's wild pokemon information and changed it so Rhyhorn could be caught on route 101, the pokedex's "Area" entry for Rhyhorn would be updated with the location that I edited in.

When making a new map, how would I make it so if I edit the wild pokemon data to add Rhyhorn, it would show up blinking on the Pokedex Area feature? Would I have to somehow assign each map a location on the Pokedex area map?

EDIT: I'm just editing an existing Ruby version and the new map is located in a cave in Littleroot town. I put the new map under the same header and
when I use the Map on the Pokenav, the player's avatar shows up where it should be.

Last edited:

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
Does anybody know how to make an evolution item like the fire stone on pokemon ruby I tried making an Ice stone with Item Manager for Eevee to evolve into Glaceon since I don't know how to do it like they did in D/P/Pt so I tried making the item and so far it does show the green HP Bar instead of NOT ABLE but when I press A it says that it can't evolve help please?

Your first issue is that you can only replace existing evolution stones. Of course, you can make them, buts its advanced ASM...it's not a matter of just making an item called an Ice Stone and assigning it like any other stone. I recommend replacing the Sun Stone, since only two Pokemon use it.

Your second issue is that a Pokemon can only have five branches in the Gen III games, which means you'll have to replace the pre-existing Eeveelutions with the new ones.

If you've done both of those things, make sure the evolution type is set to the right stone in YAPE.

Hi, I have another question. I couldn't really find the answer after searching quite a bit. (By the way, I'm using Ruby Version)

For example, in Advancemap, if I edited Route 101's wild pokemon information and changed it so Rhyhorn could be caught on route 101, the pokedex's "Area" entry for Rhyhorn would be updated with the location that I edited in.

When making a new map, how would I make it so if I edit the wild pokemon data to add Rhyhorn, it would show up blinking on the Pokedex Area feature? Would I have to somehow assign each map a location on the Pokedex area map?

EDIT: I'm just editing an existing Ruby version and the new map is located in a cave in Littleroot town. I put the new map under the same header and
when I use the Map on the Pokenav, the player's avatar shows up where it should be.

If Ruby is anything like Firered, changing the wild data doesn't automatically update the location list like you said. In Firered, there's a large data table that dictates where each Pokemon is located, from the standpoint of the Pokedex, which is independent of the Wild Pokemon data.

But then again, I don't hack Ruby, so I don't know the systems behind it.

blue

gucci
Years
Is there any way to add NEW OW's to a FR ROM without overwriting any using NSE or another tool? There is only 151 OW's and I want to insert more than 10 and to do that I would need to overwrite some necessary sprites.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Is there any way to add NEW OW's to a FR ROM without overwriting any using NSE or another tool? There is only 151 OW's and I want to insert more than 10 and to do that I would need to overwrite some necessary sprites.

Doesn't J-PAN's patch that is for FR expand the amount of OWs that are in the ROM?

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years

There's a nice big table at 0x39FDB0 that has pointers to all the OW data, which in turn points to the sprites. Simply repoint that table, and add on pointers to the end that point to new OW data. The structure of OW data can be found on many tutorials, like this one.

Edit: Just tested this out, and it works fine. However, due to the nature of Overworld Editor Rebirth Edition, separating the OW data in this way means you can only edit one or the other at a given time. I recommend using NSE to edit the original 151, and modifying the .ini of OERE to edit your new ones.

Double Edit: Just learned how to edit the NSE ini. If you know how, feel free to choose that path as well.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
When I'm transitioning from one map to another it freezes.

It's fine going from Palette Town to Route 1 to the Veridian Forest but when I try to enter Pewter City it freezes the whole game. Anyone know how to fix this?

Last edited:

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
MissDigitalis said:
When I'm transitioning from one map to another it freezes.

It's fine going from Palette Town to Route 1 to the Veridian Forest but when I try to enter Pewter City it freezes the whole game. Anyone know how to fix this?

You'll have to provide more information...what changes have you made to Pewter?

Now my question:

I have a question regarding new voicegroups. How many instruments can I make a new voicegroup play? I read that voicegroups have 128 voices...but none of the groups in FR use that many. Instead, they range from having 1 or 2 to having 12+! Can somebody explain to me how this works?

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
With some help from one of my friends the issue I previously listed has been resolved. Apparently there was a person event that caused the maps to transition incorrectly.

I do have a new question though. There is an option in Visual Boy Advance that is called "cheats". I would like to know the cheat to get all the pokemon in your pokedex.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
With some help from one of my friends the issue I previously listed has been resolved. Apparently there was a person event that caused the maps to transition incorrectly.

I do have a new question though. There is an option in Visual Boy Advance that is called "cheats". I would like to know the cheat to get all the pokemon in your pokedex.

Search through google "GameShark Codes" and follow the instructions there and play it...

(Your Questions is not really related to ROM HACKING though... :()

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back