• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I was working on Unlz GBA and out of curiousity I clicked run deep scan. I totally screwed up all of the sprites. HELP!!!!

It did not mess anything up.
What "Run Deep Scan" does, is it extends its search, so instead of finding most easliy recognizable LZ77 Compressed images, it searches for ALL POSSIBLE LZ77 images.
Your sprites and things are still there, just kinda far back... LOL

If you want to delete this, there should be 2 files that make themselves appear in the same area that your ROM is in. One of them is a .pal file, I forget the other, but they both have the exact same name as your ROM. Delete these files, and your unLZgba wont be in deep scan mode for your ROM anymore. (unLZgba automaticly creates those 2 files, but you only have to delete them if you go into deep scan mode, otherwise, leave them alone.)

Also, I don't know how the auto double post filter did not catch that, but don't double post.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Is there any way to extend the Kanto Pokedex into 251 Pokemon instead of 151, and reorder the 251 pokemon in the New Pokedex?

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
Is there any way to extend the Kanto Pokedex into 251 Pokemon instead of 151, and reorder the 251 pokemon in the New Pokedex?

Currently, there is no known way (I think) to extend the PokéDex. But If i find something about this I'll let you know.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Currently, there is no known way (I think) to extend the PokéDex. But If i find something about this I'll let you know.

Thanks. I've been thinking of asking this for ages. If anyone knows, please tell me. I have a feeling it MAY involve Hex Editing the Pokedex, but I don't really want to try it.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Thanks. I've been thinking of asking this for ages. If anyone knows, please tell me. I have a feeling it MAY involve Hex Editing the Pokedex, but I don't really want to try it.

I may be wrong, but I am sure you can extend the pokedex by re pointing everything in it to new free space within the ROM then adding new values for the new extensions. But don't quote me on that.

I have a question though. In the heroes bedroom I put a warp at the top of the steps, but when I walk on it and try to walk down the stairs, it will not let me, but I can walk away from the stairs and it will warp me, but uses the animation used when going up stairs. Is this just an unknown value I have wrong? currently I am using 3.

LunaticHigh

N00b h4x0r
Years

I have a question though. In the heroes bedroom I put a warp at the top of the steps, but when I walk on it and try to walk down the stairs, it will not let me, but I can walk away from the stairs and it will warp me, but uses the animation used when going up stairs. Is this just an unknown value I have wrong? currently I am using 3.

Yeah, I've had trouble with stairs too. I tried to create my own stairs and warp but for some reason it did not work so instead, I found a map that uses the same tiles for the stairs and manually copied the tiles one by one (right-click to select the tile, switch to new map, left-click tile, switch back to old map and repeat). I got it working properly that way. Not sure if unknown value has anything to do with it.

Also, another advance-map question. I created a new map but the hero cant run in that map. He has the running shoes and it works in cities, just not this map I created. Any help?

notbob

ZE ULTIMATE POWA
Years
Help! I changed a few of the files I found during running the deep scan, and it only lets me get up until the part where Birch opens up the Pokeball then it crashes!! What should I do!?!

Last edited:

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
Years
Ok, well, here's my problem: While inserting a Fakemon into Torzach, this happened:
Spoiler:

A similar thing happened to the front sprite, except that just the black disappeared. Does anyone know what'd be happening here?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Ok, well, here's my problem: While inserting a Fakemon into Torzach, this happened:
Spoiler:

A similar thing happened to the front sprite, except that just the black disappeared. Does anyone know what'd be happening here?

Okay first off. Have you indexed it correctly? Because this is either a case of incorrect indexing or you may need to edit the pallets xD

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
I have a warp taking the player from inside a building to a new map, but for some reason the screen will fade to black then just sit at the back screen, any Idea why and how I can fix it?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Shouldn't you ask that in the script help thread?
Anyways:
Are you sure that the warped to spot is correct xD

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
The question mark sprite, and 10 of the garbage sprites at the begining, and a few pallates in the begining.

Don't change what you don't know. What you have done is ruined the ROM, probably. Don't edit the Garbage Pallettes, as they could be important.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Can I fix ithe ROM so I have it to where it was before I ruined it?

Unless you kept a backup, no. Start again, and don't be so reckless. Learn what goes where before you edit it. As in, learn where the sprite you are going to edit goes.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2012
How do you add one area's tiles to another area?

Like, for example, adding some ice/snowy tiles into say Route 101? I've seen people use tiles on places they aren't in.

I'm not really sure how to explain it.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2017
Hello there, I have a few questions which I have failed to find a decent answer to on the forums so far:

1. I have heard that in Generation 3 Unown has many forms despite not using the 25 extra Pokémon spaces allocated to it. How are all these various forms achieved? And is it easily replicated for other Pokémon? (so I could have more than one appearance for certain pokémon)

2. About Deoxys forms in Generation 3, how do they work? Do they work as taking up a Pokémon place per form (so taking up 4 places or 3 instead of the normal 1), or do they work similar to the Unown? If done like the Unown, is it possible to enable this for other pokemon? And if so, can form changes be forced by some means?

3. If the first is right, is it possible to have different looking forms having different stats/moves?

4. About moves. I have read some confusing posts about them. I seem to have gotten the impression that there are only a certain amount of moves to be allocated between all the pokemon, meaning to add a move to a pokemon, I would have to remove one from either that or another one. (For example, if I wanted to give Bulbasaur the ability to gain Whirlwind through levelling up, I would have to say.. remove Whirlwind from Pidgey). Is this correct?

Oh, and in case it was not obvious, I am using Generation 3 games. Fire-Red to be exact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back