• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
im slightly curious so im just ganna ask firstly
you know the animation where a black bird swoops down Like in ruby when you get the silphscope and he flies off how would you write or use this ?(and can it be used for FR?)

thanks in advanced :)

ZxC Mirai

Huh?
Years
Hello there again PC!
I have some small questions again here....

1.Can i make my own Battle Screen when i Face a Trainer Like the one in Ruby when you battle a magma grunt it shows the Team Magma Logo.....[FIRERED (U)]

2./can some one give me the List of Flags that ishouldn't use?

3.Is there any Danger in ROM when repointing in A-Trainer?(Adding POKeMONS)

4.How could i set a maptile in a FarawayPlace?

5.How could i use Setmaptile forever (The setmaptile wont disappear even when you go to another city)

6.How could i jump into an event without the [PLAYER]??

Thanks in Advance!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
That mostly depends on what scripts from the original game you'll be keeping. If you're hacking FireRed, I have a list of almost every single script flag and variable in use by Game Freak's scripts. List here.

I can tell you that regardless of what game you're modifying, there will be limits. Several flags (FR: 0x500 - 0x700) are reserved as trainer flags, and others are used as world map flags (FR: 0x890 - 0x8FD). In FR, flags above 0x8FF overlap other areas of RAM; the number may be different in other games, but a similar limitation will exist. There are numerous other flags that are checked or altered directly by the game engine.

And if you're looking into safe flags, you should also look into safe variables. There are far fewer safe scripting variables than people realize. In one of JPAN's posts, he confirmed that variables 0x5EF4 - 0x7FFF overlap the RAM for PC Pokemon. My own research is incomplete but seems to indicate that variables 0x5084 and up are also unsafe. There are also several variables that are safe to read, but not to write, as the game uses them to store data; I've noted them in my list of all flags and vars.

5.How could i use Setmaptile forever (The setmaptile wont disappear even when you go to another city)
I think the best thing you'll be able to do is create a level script (of the "setmaptile" type in AMap) that runs "setmaptile" commands every time you enter the map. You can make such a script contingent on the value of a scripting variable, and then set that variable to that value when you first run "setmaptile".

Last edited:

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
im slightly curious so im just ganna ask firstly
you know the animation where a black bird swoops down Like in ruby when you get the silphscope and he flies off how would you write or use this ?(and can it be used for FR?)

well this didnt get answered and people dont tend to answer ''old'' questions

another question is about Animeeditor i tried to create an animation and it worked but for only a single block and not the whole tile :/
anyone know what i need to do or what i did wring??
and sorry the same thing i loaded up a tile in the correct pallete(tileset)and it didnt show the tile just a solid blue colour?

leews24

ha
Years
um, quite simple question,
I used Advaced Pokemon Sprite Editor to insert attached image
However, it appears broken like attached thumbnail in the games.

Most ppl used unlz, but it somehow tells me its not indexed...

Thanks!

link12552

decade club
Years
um, quite simple question,
I used Advaced Pokemon Sprite Editor to insert attached image
However, it appears broken like attached thumbnail in the games.

Most ppl used unlz, but it somehow tells me its not indexed...

Thanks!

What your seeing is bad Lz compression.

You need to save the image as an indexed PNG file (in the attachment its a jpeg), before you import it into your rom,
and you should make sure the offset your saving to is a multiple of 4 (ends in 0, 4, 8, or C).

There a couple of tutorials on this, like this one, in the tutorial section

ZxC Mirai

Huh?
Years
:(

Hello there again PC!
I have some small questions again here....

1.Can i make my own Battle Screen when i Face a Trainer Like the one in Ruby when you battle a magma grunt it shows the Team Magma Logo.....[FIRERED (U)]

3.Is there any Danger in ROM when repointing in A-Trainer?(Adding POKeMONS)

6.How could i jump into an event without the [PLAYER]??

Thanks in Advance!

Please answer my Questions... :D

Very needed... Thanks DavidjCob for the another Questions... :D

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
ohk im curious as to has their been research or any findings on a command or script like the trio beasts i gold where they roam around the region and you have a slight chance of finding them(sorry if this has been researched but i didnt find it :/)
thanx

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
ohk im curious as to has their been research or any findings on a command or script like the trio beasts i gold where they roam around the region and you have a slight chance of finding them(sorry if this has been researched but i didnt find it :/)
thanx

I believed it has been researched, however I believe this is done through ASM coding, not standard scripting methods.
(To be honest, though... I'd like to know the exact method that is used for the Pokemon roaming effect/script.)

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
(To be honest, though... I'd like to know the exact method that is used for the Pokemon roaming effect/script.)
yea i just went through the research thread and found nothing :/
lol also is it possible to make a beast apear in a certain area more often than other areas :/

Bilaterus

ToBe Best Spriter ;)
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2012

4. Well I've not tried it but you could do a setflag checkflag combo, where you would set the flag on the script when it is being said to happen (i.e. the house is built now! setflag here) then use a level script (if you don't know what they are follow this link to this tutorial ______________________ [Can't post it yet not got 15 posts -.-]) and in that you could make it such that it its like (checkflag 0x???? if 0x01 goto $???? then in that offset write the whole setmaptile thing)

5. Well to make it last forever your going to need to mess around with flags so really you should know how to do this, near the end of the script just set the flag and it should stay put (well not change back)

Hoped this helped :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014

If you look at the space under the flower that the player is above, do you see that reflection? it only shows up on the flower tiles when im near this kind of water, and i was wondering if anyone knew how to fix it. ive tinkered with the block behavior settings before but no dice. thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019

If you look at the space under the flower that the player is above, do you see that reflection? it only shows up on the flower tiles when im near this kind of water, and i was wondering if anyone knew how to fix it. ive tinkered with the block behavior settings before but no dice. thanks in advance.
Which palettes did you use for the flower? And just to make sure, can you tell us which behavior and background bytes the flower uses?

5. Well to make it last forever your going to need to mess around with flags so really you should know how to do this, near the end of the script just set the flag and it should stay put (well not change back)
To the best of my knowledge, scripting flags have absolutely no effect on setmaptile.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back