• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2009] Pokémon: Azure Horizons

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I just started playing the beta and I'm sure I'll thoroughly enjoy it ;). I'll put a little list of any irregularities that I find and edit the list throughout my play through.

• You can still walk through the ledge (that's closest to the end of the route and allows you to skip the last grass patch) on its left most tile on the first route.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Yes! It's finally released! :D

I suck though. I'm still at Morphic Tunnel. xD
Anyway, I was playing the beta and found a Shiny Whismur! :D
Spoiler:

Last edited:

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
Years
Oh God! Don't know how to put it, but I expected a lot more than this! This hack should have been thoroughly tested before publishing it!
It needs a Beta fix as soon as possible!
Don't know who's your mapper (too lazy to check on the first post) but he, or she has some issues regarding movement permissions! I can't even remember how many plants and fences you can walk through!

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
Oh God! Don't know how to put it, but I expected a lot more than this! This hack should have been thoroughly tested before publishing it!
It was.

Don't know who's your mapper (too lazy to check on the first post) but he, or she has some issues regarding movement permissions! I can't even remember how many plants and fences you can walk through!
I'm the mapper.

None of this happened in the Beta testing. It seems like this is bad creation of the patch on my part. I've reuploaded a fresh patch with some changes, hopefully it won't be as glitchy. Also, I have to stress that all of you please make sure your patching the game onto a 1635 - Pokémon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) ROM.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2010
Alright, i started playing this game, and it's looking great. The graphics are nice, mapping is brilliant.
Anyways, i found a little tile error here:
tileerror.png

I hope you see what I mean.

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2021
Team Tundra member in this electric gate (after amethyst city) have weezing lvl 49 ;/ I cant beat him ;/ Others members of team tundra have 15-20 lvls at this stage of game.

Years
I finished playing Beta 2 of Azure Horizons. I found only one glitch, it is the same one TropicalSunlight posted in the picture. But if you go one tile down the Team Tundra Grunt will have an exclamation like he wants to battle you then he goes on with the infinite glitch text. Also a Sailor in Azure City claims that there's a gym there, when he's talking about Azure City's attractions, probably because the first gym was gonna be there right? The glitch with the Team Tundra Grunt using a level 49 Weezing didn't happen though.

Anyways that is all I have to say, the beta was exiting to play, I can't wait to explore more of Zephyr. If anyone has any questions about Beta 2 you can ask me.

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2012
I had a lot of fun with this hack, I just defeated the flying gym is this the last gym I can do in this beta?

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 7, 2014
I just downloaded Beta 2 and it's great! I love the mix of FR/LG and R/S/E tiles and the occasional R/S/E music is a nice touch. Keep up the great work Frostbite! :)

Years
I'll definitly be playing Beta 2 when I get the chance. I very much like the look of... Well, everything about this hack. The story is appealing, the graphics... Well, while they're primarily default graphics, you've utilised them nicely, along with the various Emerald graphics here and there. Very good work, it's deserving of its prefix :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2011
After a LONG wait, Beta 2 is now released. What you thought was good, just got a whole lot better. Download is on the front page, read the release notes and the readme inside the download file accordingly. Enjoy people! :)

I've noticed one tiny thing. In Amethyst City, when the Blackout has wiped out all electricity, there is a water fountain in the South of the city, that is still spraying water, even though surely it would need electricity to do that.

Not exactly a fatal error, but it would be cool if there was no water in it, and you went upto it and it would say that it doesn't seem to work.

Yep. this happened to me aswell, but I managed to beat it with my lvl. 20 Aron!!!

Awesome ;) I managed to take it down to red HP with a level 21 Marshtomp's Bide, then finished it off with a few Wing Attacks from a level 23 Swellow. Fun battle :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2023
4 things:

- it is the best hack i've never seen and played since rijon adventure :D

- in the "power plant" there is a grunt whit a weezing at level 49 o.O (is it an error or do you want so?)

- in the hazel town's flying gym there is a trainer with an ivisaur xD

- where is the girl who played hiding?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2012
This one time, a smashable rock near the Tundra warehouse vanished and I was able to get up into an unfinished area where you'd put a whole bunch of trainers. I actually fought one of them. No idea how it happened.

Divider

Grand Master Johto Champion
Years
Bugs.

Bugs:

Ace Trainer Carter has a lavitar that only knows struggle at lvl 20.

The weezing that is lvl 49. But personally I like it. It was a challenge and worth the exp.

The bug trainer at the begining has a garados, with no electric pokemon availible it makes the battle a challenge.

In the forest there are glitched water textures.

zapdosa

GG
Years
I'm playing the game and I think I'm almost about halfway through and by far it's been great. If there were some 4th gen pokemon, it would be awesome.

Years
Noticed a few bugs here and there (will post when I've finished the beta), but overall it's been a nice play so far. Some things could've been made a bit more obvious (like having to check the school after beating Quinn), but nothing serious. Jay was a real ass to beat.

Anyway, really well done on this Frostbite. I can see why it won HOTY. <:

Last edited:
Back