• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2010] Pokémon Sienna - Complete Version Released

k-van

Ruler of K-vanian Empire
Years
I have some glitches to report (but sadly no pictures) when playing through 3.1 (note these are not in order)

- there are 2 girls and 1 man in Orinoco that have no text
- In the gym with the quizes, after the third (last) one, if you talk to the trainer (either after beating him or answering correctly) then his text gets messed up and freezes the game.
- This is just a spelling error but somewhere (can't remember where or when because I never wrote it down) within I think the first three or four gyms there is a spelling error
- Also a spelling error after you defeat Jaykob the 2nd time he says truely when it should actually be truly.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I could have posted here earlier, but ikd.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the Beta 3 of Sienna - All of the cool things that I had seen over the past months came together really nicely. Whilst I encountered a few glitches, the overall experience was really fun and exciting. The scripting was generally fine and the maps were magnificent.

I'm not sure if you actually want this in Sienna, but in the first route I came across this, which is pretty daunting for a trainer with a level 5/6 Pokemon:
BigBug.png

Another thing I found was that the majority of Pokemon Centers and Marts are reusing scripts from the original ROM, yet everything else is custom - So you can imagine my suprise when they started to talk about orphaned Cubones and how fun Cycling Road is yadda yadda yadda.

Spoiler:

Thanks for the shiny Larvitar event ;P

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2013
I also ran into the Fortracean, but I caught it (it only knew Growl?). Also, I don't know about this shiny Larvitar event.

One problem I have is the way experience is handled. I don't think the fakedex was updated to change both the experience yields and the required experience to level pokemon up. For example, Odobble gives out significantly more experience than its evo, and Fortracean levels up faster than Isopoly (IIRC).

I really like the house with the starters in the backyard, but I think the encounter rate should increase. Otherwise, players will just keep pressing A until they get the starters they want. Also, I only encountered three starters.

Finally, I thought the beta was pretty linear plotwise. I don't know if you are saving events for the final release, but I felt like I was just going through gyms, even when the professor was kidnapped.

Out of curiosity, what was the rare Poke on the route that claimed there was a rare one if the player looked hard enough? I picked up a Fluffow, but I don't think that's the one. Does Fluffow evolve?

That's all I have. Great work so far, keep it up.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Also, I don't know about this shiny Larvitar event.

maditalian said:
Out of curiosity, what was the rare Poke on the route that claimed there was a rare one if the player looked hard enough?

The Larvitar event is actually on that route, so I'm guessing that you've kind of answered you own question in a round-about sort of way. Charmeleons are pretty rare as well, but I think it is the Larvitar which the sign is referring to.

Basically, Larvitar can't be found at all in the grass, but a script will activate when you step on an individual tile of the route.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2012
i have just finished the 6th gym and traveled to kavery town and gone into the cave I've searched and searched for team rocket but cant find them can someone please help i would appreciate it.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
i have just finished the 6th gym and traveled to kavery town and gone into the cave I've searched and searched for team rocket but cant find them can someone please help i would appreciate it.
Use surf, bro.

Anyway guys, I'm sorry for the update delay but I've been busy doing in real life stuff that doesn't relate to anyone on here. I've decided to start getting some hacking done and stuff but it's going to be a little different than before. Rather than working solely on gameplay, with additions, I'm going to be spending the majority of my hacking time working on things that will further Sienna's features and its uniqueness.

For now this mainly means utilising ASM routines to their fullest. Along with this will be extensive graphical hacking to make some things right. You'll see what I mean by this will a screenshot I'm about to show.

Now, colcolstyles and I have been working on a few things that will probably remain mostly secret until they're 100% done, I'm extremely happy with how generous he is being and I'm sure you all will be when you see some of the stuff he's been helping me with.

As many people who have tried hacking FireRed may know only the maps that were originally in Kanto, despite being assigned to it, were the only maps that could take the player to the world map when in that place. However, after a few little byte changes we were able to make it so that "island" maps that had been edited would take you to Kanto's world map:

map-1.png

Pretty nifty, huh? I know that doesn't really do much use but it enables you to be able to fly to all of Voultan no matter where you are (fly is still glitched on its own, though). It may be small and, probably, useless but it was one small thing that irked me and I set out to change it. It's these things that set this hack apart from the rest, right? (I hope so, anyway).

Anyway, as I mentioned earlier in this post we were working on graphical changes, here I will explain on the things that has come out of that. As many of you FireRed hackers, and players, will notice that despite the rival overworld sprite being changed it still remains in the screen when you're actually naming your rival. Well, we managed to change it, palette 'n all:

rival.png

There's also some other stuff we've been working on that I'd rather not show off yet. For two reasons, really:

1. Not 100% perfect yet.
  2. Are pretty big so I'm thinking of letting them be revealed when you're playing the beta yourself.
And I guess I'll leave you with one other screenshot that highlights yet another custom tile being implemented:

fence.png

Credits:

• colcolstyles: if you're unaware why, then you're an idiot because it's well documented in this post
  • Laidjon*: fence tile

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2016
Hi, the hack looks good unfortunately I can't play it. After I input my name and it says your adventure is about to unfold yada yada, the character shrinks down into sprite form and then fades away but the screen stays black. Anybody know why this is? There are also random text characters that appear before asking me to input my name.

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2016
Nevermind, ignore my previous post, I downloaded the 3.1 beta attached to the first post and all is well so far. Looks great, can't wait to play it. Thanks :)

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
I'm not sure if you actually want this in Sienna, but in the first route I came across this, which is pretty daunting for a trainer with a level 5/6 Pokemon:
BigBug.png

My lord, is the Lavos Spawn there even 64 x 64 pixels!? (I know it's called Fortracean, it just reminds me of the Lavos Spawn from Chrono Trigger).....​

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2012
Can anyone tell me where to go after talking to Max outside the 3rd (Atlantic Town) gym? I kinda sped through the convo and only remember seeing pokemart or center and medicine. I've been to every pokemart I've hit so far and don't see anything special to buy.

Been having fun so far. Only bug I noticed was the textless sign that someone mentioned before. It's kinda weird to have 2 badges and not found a single wild water pokemon yet, and it feels like there's almost too many wild pokemon in some areas. Other than that no complaints though.

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2014
Found a glitch: One of the second Gym Leader's (ice type girl) Fame Checker entries is talking about Misty. (In a related note, I doubt very much that someone with her expertise would choose a bikini as an outfit.)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years

Here.

Anyway, I haven't finished the beta yet, but I have a question. Why does that fat insect that insopoly evolves into appear on the first route?

That confused me as well. XD For me, it was like "Tailow, Swablu, Tailow, massive bug Pokmon?!?!" XD It was quite suprising :P

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
i like eveeyrthing in this hack but in the beta 3.1 im using the rom image cruches when i go in the hidden entrance to meet the first rocktes maybe so is it a bug or is it the fault of y emulator im using nogba....

Back