• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
Hello there! This is a question regarding Wichu's Advance Sprite Editor. I was wondering, after I write the sprite to the rom, it looks completely fine. Nothing is messed up, but once I open the sprite again the picture is blank and in-game it looks like a bunch of messed up pixels. Can anyone help with this problem?

I'd make sure you aren't writing over something...try writing it to a different offset.

Alright so I made a remake of little root. How do I add more sprite people to the map?

What you're hacking would be useful to know...

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2013
oh sorry, pokemon emerald.
So yeah is there a way to add or to delete events and player sprites already on there?

Edit: Nvm I had the an old version of advanced map.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
What other text editors are there besides Advance Text? For some reason I am unable to unzip that. I can download it okay but it just won't let me unzip it. Same with Advance Trainer.

I think Advance Text is the only text editor, I'm not sure though. It would be better if you used XSE, Advance Text can mess up your ROM. ;;

Years
I think Advance Text is the only text editor, I'm not sure though. It would be better if you used XSE, Advance Text can mess up your ROM. ;;

Okay, I have XSE downloaded and looked through a few tutorials but I can't find how to load up certain text. How would I find certain bits of text like Birch's opening text for example?

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Okay, I have XSE downloaded and looked through a few tutorials but I can't find how to load up certain text. How would I find certain bits of text like Birch's opening text for example?
There is this tutorial linked to my description (that has nothing to do with XSE though).

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2013
Using smart map chooser advance, If I made a custom map instead of editing over another one for my main town you start in. How would I go about doing this? I currently have the map I want under map files in Advance map. Pokemon firered.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2013
Guys, how do we add new pokemon without replacing old ones? Why does when I change the sprite of the pokemon some of its colors turns white? How do i solve this problem? Thank you for answering.

Years
Use a scripting program that can look for text and then just look for the phrase "Sorry to keep you waiting!" and then on a text decompiler decompile that offset and change it.

How do I search in XSE? I can't find a search button on any of the tabs.

Anyway I found a direct download of AdvanceText.exe, which hadn't been zipped.

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
Since I got no answer, I might take my chance here:

I want to do a script that imitates the Waking Up scene in Chrono Trigger (that is, the game starts with Crono's mom asking for Crono to wake up in a black screen, then wake him up by pulling out the curtains).

I didn't find a way to imitate the black screen feature, so instead I used a fadescreen with a movesprite to move my character in the bed, however, once the script ends (the mom going out off the screen), my character is like 'translated' to the bed place, and therefore I cannot go downstairs since my character bumps on an invisible wall.

Is there a way to "fix the camera" to recenter the player? And also if someone has an idea for the black screen, something happening like when you lost against a trainer, I didn't find an answer yet.

Sankyu

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
Found the answer: using a fadeout then moving back the sprite to the center of the screen correct the issue.

Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2013
I cant find Scizz's Advance Point(offset to pointer and the other way around) anywhere!

I am kinda confused about pointers to offeset, so I would really appriciate if there is any guide or if anyone has that tool.

droomph

weeb
Years
I cant find Scizz's Advance Point(offset to pointer and the other way around) anywhere!

I am kinda confused about pointers to offeset, so I would really appriciate if there is any guide or if anyone has that tool.
How...sigh

You take the pointer, say, ww xx yy zz, and then arrange it backwards, zz yy xx ww. E.g. 0x827F4BC into BC F4 27 08.

Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2013
How...sigh

You take the pointer, say, ww xx yy zz, and then arrange it backwards, zz yy xx ww. E.g. 0x827F4BC into BC F4 27 08.
LOL got back into hacking after years. Back in the days I used to use Scizz pointer.
Where did the 08 come from? lol

00402260 convert that into pointer?
Or more examples :P

i am being thick headed.. i know :/

Years
If your offset is 123456, this is how you convert it into a pointer:

[12] [34] [56]

You then reverse these:

[56] [34] [12]

To tell the ROM that it's a pointer, you need to add [08]

So our pointer is:

[56] [34] [12] + [08]