• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen VII speculation, new features and discussion thread

Where do you want the Next Generation of pokemon to be based in?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
OrAs aren't out yet, but I was wondering what are your thoughts on the future of Pokemon? What would you like to see in Gen VII? What kind of region do you think we'll get? Since the 'New' 3DS was announced do you think we'll see another generation like V where the games could be played on the older DS versions but were enhanced for the DSi? Or perhaps one like Gen II where we could play the first two on the GB but not the third version which was GBC exclusive?

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
Years
I'm hoping you fail as the protagonist and the world gets destroyed no matter what you do in ORAS. I would like to see a post-apocalyptic world where we play as the grandfather of the main protagonist. We have to search for legendaries, capture or kill them, then "revive" part of the world with that legendary until you have "revived" the whole world. However, these legendaries are hidden in a secret box that you have to find in the second half of the game. The second half of the game is his grandson challenging gyms, and defeating the new evil team who is searching for the box of legendaries to control the world (don't forget, his grandfather is a legend). This new world is futuristic with giant skyscrapers, new clothes, gyms, pokemon centers, roads, cars, etc.

Pokemon (only new) will have a more mutilated look to them because of all the destruction. I think gen 7 can be played on the new ds, and the old, but the wifi connection will terminated when gen 8 comes out.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
I'm quite sure Gen VII will be either "new-3DS enhanced" or exclusive to new-3DS, with the latter being more likely because recent pokemon games have massively increased demands in power (with more enhanced maps, animations, framerate improvements...)

One feature which I think will be in part of Gen VII is voice acting. Gen VI remastered all pokemon cries - some for the worse - so I think actual voices will now be used rather than the traditional "bling". In fact, with the fact that 3DS game carts can store up to 8GB in content, this is certainly possible.

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
Years
I think they might step aside from tweaking game mechanics to tweaking the actual story and presentation
I mean, 6 generations of the same story gets kind of old
They made gen 5 very interesting with N, who got the most character development in Pokemon history

In gen 7, I think they'd really try to give it more of a true RPG gameplay, offering the user freedom to change the game events as they wish

Years
I think they might step aside from tweaking game mechanics to tweaking the actual story and presentation
I mean, 6 generations of the same story gets kind of old
They made gen 5 very interesting with N, who got the most character development in Pokemon history

In gen 7, I think they'd really try to give it more of a true RPG gameplay, offering the user freedom to change the game events as they wish

One thing I'll really like to see is an open world like what is being made for Zelda U. Imagine an open region with few restrictions, where we can get which ever badge we want first, and the rest are scaled up by the order we fight them, with different teams when we fight them. With the only close areas being those for the post game and of course the boundaries of the region itself.

blue

gucci
Years
I'd like them to take the games back to a Japanese-based Region, not entierly sure why but my favourite regions seem to be the ones that are based in Japan. I'm looking forward to seeing what direction they take in terms of graphics, it will be interesting to see how they change from the current graphics (XY) into Generation VII.

Years
I'd like them to take the games back to a Japanese-based Region, not entierly sure why but my favourite regions seem to be the ones that are based in Japan. I'm looking forward to seeing what direction they take in terms of graphics, it will be interesting to see how they change from the current graphics (XY) into Generation VII.

They still have northern Honshu and what's left of Shikoku to use, to maybe they'll do that. If they use northern Honshu there's a chance the Sinjoh ruins may reappear as they seem to be north of Johto which is based on south western Honshu.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
Okay. So here are my speculations:
● We will about as many Pokémon, introduuced in Gen VI, if not fewer. This is to prevent the Pokédex to reaching huge and jaw-dropping lengths. We already have 721 right now(I included the pseudo-legendaries, too) and having around 830, will be a little intimidating. It'll save room for quality of the Pokémon rather than quantity.
● Taking a stab here, but we already had regions based off Asia, Europe, and U.S.A North America. I'm going to take a wild stab and say that we might have a region, either:
A. Based off of Latin America/South America
B. A Safari-esque scene that resembles Africa or Australia.
● The theme may be "Exploration" in the games. Like how XY was based off "Beauty".
● Out of the new Pokémon, we will not get alot of common types(Normal, Water, etc.), just so they can balance out the type availablity, for all of them
● We are getting a new eeveelution that coincides to the "Physical" types in Pokémon, starting off with Flying, Steel, and Poison, because Steel and Poison for Fairies and Flying because of popular demandm we may also see Dragon eeveelution to tie things up with the Special types before then.
● The games will have some sort of gimmick which gives more to players with New-3DS's a bunch more features. Same happened with B2W2 if you had a 3DS. By having Dream Radar.
● Back by popular demand(and inevitable success of ORAS)
●PWT or Battle Frontiers(can't be both)
● Contest
● Safari Zone(in the style of the eariler games, but keeping features in XY)
● They will overhaul the GTS Station and Dream World and have that return as well as Entralink.
● NO 4TH GEN REMAKE

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
slayerz96 said:
I'm quite sure Gen VII will be either "new-3DS enhanced" or exclusive to new-3DS, with the latter being more likely because recent pokemon games have massively increased demands in power (with more enhanced maps, animations, framerate improvements...)

I don't believe they would be releasing these games exclusively for New 3DS (that is, if they are planning to make them). While they do seem to announce games that are enhanced and optimized for newer handhelds of said generation (I hope I'm making sense here), they still don't limit them only to those, so unfortunately, it's kind of hard to imagine them breaking that pattern this time around at random. New 3DS isn't exactly a new console, per se; well, it is new in some way--such as design and features--but it's still 3DS at its core. Those who have original version, it'd be rather upsetting for them if they weren't able to play the games.

DJTiKi said:
We are getting a new eeveelution that coincides to the "Physical" types in Pokémon, starting off with Flying, Steel, and Poison, because Steel and Poison for Fairies and Flying because of popular demandm we may also see Dragon eeveelution to tie things up with the Special types before then.

That would be pretty cool, if you ask me! More Eeveelutions there are, the better.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
I don't believe they would be releasing these games exclusively for New 3DS (that is, if they are planning to make them). While they do seem to announce games that are enhanced and optimized for newer handhelds of said generation (I hope I'm making sense here), they still don't limit them only to those, so unfortunately, it's kind of hard to imagine them breaking that pattern this time around at random. New 3DS isn't exactly a new console, per se; well, it is new in some way--such as design and features--but it's still 3DS at its core. Those who have original version, it'd be rather upsetting for them if they weren't able to play the games.

That is why I also said "new-3DS enhanced". Gamefreak has done it with Gen V with the DSi enhanced generation, but the games still run well on the originals.

However, given that the existing 3DS is already having some trouble running Gen VI (again, it could be too early to jump to conclusions since there's just XY for now), I cannot imagine Gen VII if the problems of Gen VI persist. Gen VII is only going to be more demanding, not less.

Years

That would be pretty cool, if you ask me! More Eeveelutions there are, the better.

Crystal is the only game that is exclusive to one system in a generation where the others were enhanced in the newest system(and marketed for that system) but still playable on an older system. So perhaps the third version to Gen VII will be like Crystal. I expect the generation to last as long as V if there are no remakes that is.

I hope Gen VII will be like Sinnoh, introduce a whole group of normal evolutions since V and VII fell short in that regard. Actually out of the 5 generations that followed Gen I only 2 generations have had more than 2 evolutionary relatives introduced (those being II and IV). So a third generation with more than two evolutions/pre evos (hopefully evos) will be welcomed (by me at least). Seriously I'll like to see some cross gen evolutions to Gen IV Pokemon (and V and VI...even some more of III).

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'd also like to see them introduce more evolutions this time around. In generation, it was mostly mega-evolutions. While that's indeed a cool new thing, I've felt that they had sort of overdone it. There are many Pokémon out there that, in my opinion, need to have a regular evo before becoming acquainted with mega.

Years
I'd also like to see them introduce more evolutions this time around. In generation, it was mostly mega-evolutions. While that's indeed a cool new thing, I've felt that they had sort of overdone it. There are many Pokémon out there that, in my opinion, need to have a regular evo before becoming acquainted with mega.

I completely agree. I considered Audino as one of those. It didn't even get a cool ability like Mega Mawile did.
If they make around 70 more pokemon I'll like it to be like this

9 being their starters and their evos (which is obvious unless GF changes this feature of the series).
5 pre evos
10 evolutions of past Pokemon
a normal trio
the three (or maybe even a quad) mascot legends
2 event legends
the rest can be new non legend/starter Pokemon with no relation to past Pokemon.

The five pre-evos I'll like to see are of:
Skarmory, Rotom, Absol, Mawile, and Sableye.
Those 10 evolutions I'll like to see are for:
Kecleon, Smeargle, Castform, Jynx, Cacturne, Breloom (if it doesn't get a Mega this gen), Crawdaunt, Kingler, Spiritomb, and Basculine.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Instead of introducing new legendaries, I feel that it would be nice if they had utilized past ones that haven't gotten any major role in main series games, such as Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Cresselia, and so forth. There's a lot of them out there that fit in the category, and if they are indeed used, they'd be able to hold onto their new legendary Pokémon ideas for future and get enough time to develop them thoroughly, as opposed to rushing and whatnot.

Years
Instead of introducing new legendaries, I feel that it would be nice if they had utilized past ones that haven't gotten any major role in main series games, such as Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Cresselia, and so forth. There's a lot of them out there that fit in the category, and if they are indeed used, they'd be able to hold onto their new legendary Pokémon ideas for future and get enough time to develop them thoroughly, as opposed to rushing and whatnot.

A lot of those you mentioned are event legends. Also I feel Darkrai and Cresselia were further explored enough (but not really mentioned) in B2W2 to not warrant another person going to sleep story.

Plus they'll need some mascots, unless they go with starter mascots again.

Even if they bring back old legends like in XY they may not explore them, we didn't learn anything new about Mewtwo in XY. We aren't even sure if Team Rocket were the ones who made it/them in the games. Actually the bird trio wasn't explored either, they could've connected it with Lugia in the games, as thus far their connection is mostly limited to the second movie...

Bellum

I'm Rin. Rin Okumura.
Years
Personally, I would love freedom to be in the next generation of pokemon. Have the choice of being the good guy, or being on the bad side. Having different choices during your adventure would be amazing. I seriously would love to be on the evil team for once. Also, having new starter types, instead of Grass, Water and Fire all the time, would be nice. Having the choice out of Grass, Water and Fire every generation is boring now :/ I would love different types for the starter.

Years
Personally, I would love freedom to be in the next generation of pokemon. Have the choice of being the good guy, or being on the bad side. Having different choices during your adventure would be amazing. I seriously would love to be on the evil team for once. Also, having new starter types, instead of Grass, Water and Fire all the time, would be nice. Having the choice out of Grass, Water and Fire every generation is boring now :/ I would love different types for the starter.

I think water, fire, grass, and electric starter choices would be a nice twist.

I enjoyed seeing Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, and Pikachu in their basic stage in the Kanto Anime. Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow feels more complete, albeit, not a rock-paper-scissors matchup.

Though, I don't know how my nostalgic side would recieve a game that didn't offer at least the grass, fire, water choices!

Another alternative would be a Water/Grass, Grass/Fire, Fire/Water trio. This could certainly have mixed receptions by longtime fans, but it could be pulled off.

Aside from starters, I would love to see a Coastal Mediterranean Region. Start in Spain, move down to Italy, then go along the perimeter through Greece, Israel (Palestine), Egypt, Add the Congo somewhere near Algeria/Libya (I'm sorry I need a jungle!), Morocco, Portugal, then surf out to Cyprus for the E4. I love the ancient history in this part of the world (branching from the Fertile Crescent/Mesopotamia, and converging continents. It would be refreshing to take a step back from the modernized regions based on Modern-day US and France.

Also, XY, though I LOVE it, was too...French. I would have preferred a mixture of cultural influences, like England, Spain, Belgium, Germany, Ireland, Switzerland, ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back