• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 3, 2010
:) Good luck with that DarkPurika, since this is my second psot in ages do shinys that have been gained by chaning using the pokeradar count? If so then I have my first shiny :) If not then I still have a shiny but it doesnt count :P well anyway its a lvl 4 shiny Shinx, Female, with a quirky nature, will upload pics and IV's soon, it feels good to have a shiny :)

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
The radar better be "legit". It's in-game items, nothing hacked. If they deem it inappropriate, then I'll probably leave this crooked club.
It should be merely added as an option to find shinies. The cheapest way, but some people have a hard time doing it and get ultra frustrated.

-SR
-Old-Skool Encounter
-PokeRadar

ANYWAY ENOUGH OF THIS.

This is why: (May 2nd, Gastrodon)

This is why: (May 28th, Larvitar)

THIS IS WHY I'M HOT: (May 31st, Budew 2nd page

9th Shiny Obtained?! Budew Breaks Many Barriers?!

1. It's the first shiny to break the "2 shinies per game curse".
2. It's the first shiny to break the "2 shinies per month curse".
3. It's the first shiny to break the "Master Ball curse", and here's how:

Done the radar thing like usual in the grass patch below Mr. Backlot's. I started doing this yesterday evening and got like 14 Budews, but then I had to go to bed. As I done with Larvitar (although that time it was a failure because I didn't get it in that particular chain), I put it on charge and left it on overnight, and then took it with me this morning, although I didn't play anymore until we got back. I had many, many close calls. Finally, I saw the star grass stuff. But, unlike Gastrodon and Larvitar, these were positioned slightly different, and were colored orange! But this is the first shiny I've gotten during the day. But it was a startle none the less and I thought it was an "ultra rare Pokemon" and not a shiny, but I went to it anyway to see what the "ultra rare Pokemon" was. It wasn't ultra rare. It was my next shiny.
Oh, yeah, and that's right: My Modest Synchro Kadabdab worked. My future shiny Roserade will be a thorn in people's sides with that insane Special Attack stat.
Anyway, back to the battle. I switched Kadabra out for an Absol I caught in Sapphire and then taught False Swipe to it on Diamond; I used False Swipe and then it used Worry Seed I think. It used something but it didn't do anything, but it did poison me from contact. I switched out again for the Lv. 100 Deoxys I got from GTS. The Budew proceeded to use Stun Spore however it missed. I then used a Nest Ball for grass effects (also I could've used a Luxury Ball, but meh), and even if they do change it back to hearts or whatever, it'll still fit since it's female and afterall it is a "masquerade". Both Balls fit the description. ANYWAY, caught it on the first try. I tried to chain more and got up to about 22 (the chain was 20; that's pretty much where I stop because obviously, it works for me.) but I got too excited and ran into a "uncommon" grass and a Staravia came up. I sorta wish I coulda got another shiny Budew for Roselia for contests, but that's ok. I have a major butt-whupper now. XD Plus, it's my only Sp. Attack attacker/sweeper! o.o All my other shinies are like, physical brutes.
Good luck everyone! You'll need it, because if I haven't already passed you, I'm hot on your trails!
Unfortunately, my next shiny isn't from Diamond. It BETTER be from LG: Charmander.
.... it's sorta sad though.... I'm waiting for Magnemite to be a swarm Pokemon.... so I can have a 1 day, 1 shot at it on Diamond... My friend's like "Why not Magnezone?" and I said I preferred the way Magneton looks shiny. And he just laughed at me. :( Just remember back in the day though when there was ONLY Magneton.... it was still a good Pokemon and still is, and will be a viable Pokemon for me to have once I get it.
But right now, this is why I rock. :D
-DDD

(Also I hate that "This is why I'm hot" song, except for those few lines. Otherwise, it's crap.)

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Congrats, DDD.

As for myself, I've changed up my team a bit on Emerald2. I'm now leading off with my shiny Latios (:D), but I leveled it up (through the use of Rare Candies) to 55: It has 128 Speed, and a non +Speed natured Latias can only have 130 Speed max. Otherwise, I leveled up my shiny Scizor and Exeggutor more in order to take special hits easier, and so that Scizor's False Swipe does a bit more. I didn't level up Snorlax, it's already at level 80. Wish me luck.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
(Thanks MM-SP :P)

Hey, dude, wanna race for it? I know we'll both end up getting one. But I wanted one that one time too, and on Diamond I don't have a target anymore. So I'll go for this too, but my main focuses will be Charmander on LG and Magikarp on just about everything else. ^_^

edit: This was supposed to quote DP in the process. : | sorry for the confusion

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Yeah, I don't mind a race. I'm absolutely positive you'll get it before me though; everybody else does.

How can you run out of targets on Diamond? You have the PokeRadar! Go for something like Absol or Grimer. ;)

Edit: Never mind then...

Last edited:
Years
The radar better be "legit". It's in-game items, nothing hacked. If they deem it inappropriate, then I'll probably leave this crooked club.
Pokéradar is allowed. It was GF's decision to put it in, so Pokéradar shinies are undeniably legitimate. It could be argued that Pokéradar shinies aren't "unique" (see the guy at SPPF who caught SEVEN shiny Shellos on one streak) and could count as cert shinies (as in only the first would count), but that's debatable, so it's safest to just accept them.

And if you think this club is "crooked," go ahead and leave. Otherwise, show a little respect. We're trying to conserve the "spirit" of shiny hunting by disallowing hacking and cloning. If you don't like that, I suggest you take your dime-a-dozen clones elsewhere.

12,661 Dialgas and nowhere near finishing. .__.

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
Years
*Sigh* well I can't really rebel against you MM, you are the only remaining frequent visiting Co-Owner (that I know of). I suppose I can go on SRing for Scyther three at a time and you'd never know the difference, but I have my small honor to uphold. I'm simply going to reset FR (maybe I'll go for shiny Hitmonlee or something) But I'm trading my team into Diamond before I do, which means I have to beat the E4 in Diamond. I may go back to Scyther eventually, but then, I've always wanted one with Revenge (because Adamant Scyther + Revenge = pwn your face off). I may ACTUALLY do some breeding for one on Sapphire or something. Well wish me luck on beating the E4 and such, my team on Diamond is pretty much all lvl 40 and below, so training will be needed...

Who knows, I might go after Dialga when I get there :P

<I>Kobra<I>

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 3, 2010
Picture Time!
P1010054.jpg

P1010055.jpg

I'm so happy :) sorry bout the poor quality btw, my good camera broke.

Last edited:

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
Hey guys. Guess what I did? About an hour ago, I was Radar-ing on route 207 for Gligar, and... on Chain Link 5, WHITE SHINY SPOTS!!! I was amazed that I, once again, got a shiny so low in the chain. Anyway I went over to the grass. And there it was, my shiny Gligar.

First I used Zangoose's False Swipe, then threw a Quick Ball. It broke out. So I switched in Bronzor, right into a Sand-Attack. I thought "Crud! That'll affect my Hypnosis chances." Hypnosis missed. The next turn, another Sand-Attack. But this time Hypnosis hit. So, 1 HP, asleep. It had no chance. I threw another Quick Ball, and...Gotcha! Gligar was caught.

I spent the next half-hour celebrating by eating lunch and watching the Tribute music video. Then the next half-hour trying to take good pics:

Pic. 1: http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z2/Pizza-Man/ShinyGligar1.jpg
Pic. 2: http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z2/Pizza-Man/ShinyGligar2.png

Stats-wise, it's OK. It's Hardy, meaning Synchronise failed again. Dang useless Abras! It's IVs aren't stunning on average but at least it has good ones in the stats that count, namely Attack and Defense. With 3 members of the team captured, it's time to begin the training, and then I can battle with them.

Oh, and congrats to willypiggy and DDD. Also to DDD, you better get that Budew raised right because I am soon to challenge you to a 3-on-3 shiny battle. Lv50 reset, as I am short on time. I still need a Choice Scarf and Razor Fang.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
King Kobra said:
*Sigh* well I can't really rebel against you MM, you are the only remaining frequent visiting Co-Owner (that I know of).

I check in everyday, I just never have anything to say as I'm still lacking Diamond and nothing is happening on Emerald and with PC's servers going down as much as they do it's hard to get a post in : P

Congratulations to all who have caught a new shiny in the past few days, they seem to be very frequent at the moment which makes me want Diamond even more D: I'm still working on my Free DS so it shouldn't be too long till I start playing and meeting you all in the cyber space that is WiFi.

Training Regice in the Seviper patch and all is going well at the moment.

37 Chimecho's
5 Nuzleaf's

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Congratulations to all who have caught a new shiny in the past few days, they seem to be very frequent at the moment

You do realize this is only because people are using nothing but the PokeRadar which increases their chances of finding a shiny right? Basically, the mindset of people is "If it's found in the grass, use the PokeRadar".

I woke up late today, so I won't have as much time to soft reset, but I can still get a good 12 hours in. Good luck, everyone. I recently began soft resetting for Moltres again, and I'm putting Squirtle on hold.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
You do realize this is only because people are using nothing but the PokeRadar which increases their chances of finding a shiny right? Basically, the mindset of people is "If it's found in the grass, use the PokeRadar".

I woke up late today, so I won't have as much time to soft reset, but I can still get a good 12 hours in. Good luck, everyone. I recently began soft resetting for Moltres again, and I'm putting Squirtle on hold.
Of course I do, but they are legitimate non the less. I'll be giving it a go when I get my hands on the game.

I'm about to start hunting again after I've eaten as the forums I frequent seemed to have gone quiet and since I've been out almost every night this week I believe it's about time I caught up.

Have fun, everyone.

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
LOL yeah Pokeradaring for shinies seems easy and everyone seems to only be hunting shinies this way now, I just don't like the way some people keep getting more than one shiny from a chain, really cheapens the uniqueness of that shiny :/

Anyways I'm on day 10 of Sring for Dialga, 5300+ Srs for it, not even half of what MM has done, but I'll persist like him and hope that one of us can get it soon :) I'm also Sring for Moltres on LG while hunting Dialga. I'll get some Chimchar Srs done later too, good luck to everyone on their hunts!

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I recon we should but a rule on hunting using the radar. It seems to make the shinies lose there value. I doubt I will use the radar to help me find them as part of the joy in searching is that you never know when they are going to turn up. It could be fast or take ages. The radar shows you if it is shiny so before you enter the battle it has already taken the surprise away.

Pokemon Breeder Zoria

Normal Type Master
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2008
Hello.

My name is Zoria, and I would like to join the Shiny Hunters club.

I will put that I am in the Shiny Hunters club, and my shinys, also my most prized Shiny on, too.

Right now, I own a Shiny Voltorb and a Shiny Palkia. Both are Legiment. I am hunting down a Shiny Shinx.

PALKIA
Level 47
OT: Genesis
Sassy nature
May 27, 2007
Spear Pillar
Apparently met at level 47
Higly Curious.
Likes bitter food (In Diamond)

Kaboom
Level 17
OT: Ash
Quirky nature.
Met in ROUTE 10 at 17. (Fire Red.)

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I recon we should but a rule on hunting using the radar. It seems to make the shinies lose there value. I doubt I will use the radar to help me find them as part of the joy in searching is that you never know when they are going to turn up. It could be fast or take ages. The radar shows you if it is shiny so before you enter the battle it has already taken the surprise away.

I don't think a rule is needed out at all. I just thought it should be acknowledged that the PokeRadar makes shinies way too easy to find. You should see how bad it is at SPPf, lol.

Yami, I was never implying that PokeRadar shinies would be considered illigetimate...

Zoria, how did you get a shiny Palkia in Diamond? Or did you get in Pearl and trade it over to Diamond? Either way, you have some nice shinies.

Race me for shiny Moltres, D_S.

Pokemon Breeder Zoria

Normal Type Master
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2008
The palkia?

I was borrowing my friend's pearl so I could get a few of the Pearl exclusives when I didn't have WiFi. The diamond was his, too, but I stole it. XD (He dosen't care.)

Soo. I walked over to big old Palkia and pressed the 'A' button. I was planning on saving my MasterBall for Cresselia, but...
As the palkia scrolled onto the screen, stars appeared around it. I was dumbfounded. It looked different and more pinkish. I had just found my first Shiny. Rotfl. XD My friend wanted the game back once I told him about the Palkia, but I traded over to diamond, got WiFi that night, and got a non-legit S.Palkia for a magikarp off GTS THEN gave it back. He was MAD. XD

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
Years
Um, Zoria, (no offense) nobody ever said you were actually IN the club. From the looks of things, the fact that you got a Shiny Palkia on a random whim (one try is hard to believe) and the fact that you somehow magically got Wifi the same night while you amazingly found a Shiny Palkia (which you absolutely KNOW is unlegit) on the GTS and without your friend stopping you, transferred it instead of the real one onto his game, to which he was very mad. This all sounds VERY far'feched (old joke ><) to me. It's not my call, but I question the legitimacy of all of this.

Grats peoples on your Shinies. DarkParukia, I hate you :P You get like a Shiny every 2 days...

Haven't made any progress myself on Diamond, too busy, going to get a lot done tonight though because I'm going with a friend to a lame beach dinner thing which is going to be 4-5 hours long, so free play time :D

About this Radar stuff. There is no WAY I'd stay in the club if they banned Radaring, because in no way is it a cheat or hack. The only reason it makes Shunting easier is because you can find the same Pokemon again and again. There's still the 1/8192 chance of finding a Shiny, so it's not really upping anything. Most people complained back in the day because finding a Shiny in teh grass was freaking hard because of all of the other Pokemon that jumped out. So NOW, people are complaining because of how easy it is! Make up your minds! I personally think the Radar is a nice way to get a Shiny, but I also agree that multiple Shinies in one chain is weak. I think the only rule that I would consider (dunno what you people want) is not counting two or more of the same Shiny that was caught in one chain.

Anyways, good luck everyone...

<I>Kobra<I>

Pokemon Breeder Zoria

Normal Type Master
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2008
Um, Zoria, (no offense) nobody ever said you were actually IN the club. From the looks of things, the fact that you got a Shiny Palkia on a random whim (one try is hard to believe) and the fact that you somehow magically got Wifi the same night while you amazingly found a Shiny Palkia (which you absolutely KNOW is unlegit) on the GTS and without your friend stopping you, transferred it instead of the real one onto his game, to which he was very mad. This all sounds VERY far'feched (old joke ><) to me. It's not my call, but I question the legitimacy of all of this.

Grats peoples on your Shinies. DarkParukia, I hate you :P You get like a Shiny every 2 days...

Haven't made any progress myself on Diamond, too busy, going to get a lot done tonight though because I'm going with a friend to a lame beach dinner thing which is going to be 4-5 hours long, so free play time :D

About this Radar stuff. There is no WAY I'd stay in the club if they banned Radaring, because in no way is it a cheat or hack. The only reason it makes Shunting easier is because you can find the same Pokemon again and again. There's still the 1/8192 chance of finding a Shiny, so it's not really upping anything. Most people complained back in the day because finding a Shiny in teh grass was freaking hard because of all of the other Pokemon that jumped out. So NOW, people are complaining because of how easy it is! Make up your minds! I personally think the Radar is a nice way to get a Shiny, but I also agree that multiple Shinies in one chain is weak. I think the only rule that I would consider (dunno what you people want) is not counting two or more of the same Shiny that was caught in one chain.

Anyways, good luck everyone...

<I>Kobra<I>

I am not lieing about the palkia, I swear!
I got WiFi that night because I bought the connector cable thing so that I could keep the Palkia.
I wish I had a camera in times like this. >.<
I wish to be in the club, but, that is not my call. It is legit, and I swear to Starclan. I have never used AR or Gamegenie/shark in ANY game, exept for my red version in which I just mess around with. (Sorry, I'm a warriors fan.)

And I'm thinking of going for Shiny Mewtwo. Hmm.

And actually, Kobra, I think that the Radar doubles your shiny chances, making it about 1-in-4070-ish. I am not sure about it, though, but I think it might be true... and I have to agree, chaining Shinies is lame, unless you are getting another for a friend. But to chain them over and over just to keep to yourself and brag and trade them off is stupid.
Though, it is not cheating, and it is still Legit...

Anyways, 60+ treecko's hatched and no shiny. Poor Twiggy. (The level 59 Sceptile that was breeding) Wouldn't that hurt? J/K. :P

EDIT: I will be going for a Shiny Shroomish soon, after Treecko. And Mewtwo WAY later.

Last edited:

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Oh boy oh golly. My dime-a-dozen clones are quaking in their boots, but I can't hear them cuz I don't have any?
I respect this club, yes; but I was terribly afraid of "rule slapping". I was just expressing my concerns.
And I usually break my chain of Pokemon after I get the shiny anyway. I don't think it's fair to get another in the same chain.

Chaining Pokemon may be 'easier', but it can still be hard nonetheless. I spent about 8 hours on Larvitar total, so for a rare Pokemon, yeah, it'll probably take more skill, and it still requires a good amount of luck and patience, just like the other methods. And that's something some people just don't have, even if they still chained "40" of their Pokemon and never got a shiny.

Oh well.

Looks like you won the race DP. :P I might have if I hadn't accidentally ran into a bush... it was late and I was tired anyway. I still want a shiny Gligar, but it'll have to be another time.
I bred some Chikoritas that know Leech Seed and Grasswhistle, one for my friend. So I'm waiting for him now to make a trade. Afterwards, I want to raise some of my shinies, such as aforementioned Budew. Since I found out I cannot rebuild Metagross, I feel like I have a hole. It was my only raised shiny, and both Larvitar and Budew are already on Diamond. So is Gastrodon, but it's a sucky shiny. = / I like the ones with huge color change. I had to mark this one with a star so I wouldn't accidentally do something with it. Later I marked all my shinies with the star symbol. I mark the ones I got through friend trades with hearts. :)
So this means I get to pick one or more from GBA to send over first. Hmm. I wonder which ones it will be? :P First I need some strategy. And I don't have time for that as of right now.

Targets:

Diamond: Gligar (Maybe. There's just so much, but I'ma get it)
Pearl: On Hold
FR1: Magikarp, On Hold
FR2: On Hold
LG: Charmander
Ruby: On Hold
Sapphire: On Hold
Emerald: Magnemite

My hearts still skips a beat when I see those sparkles in the grass, and I still hold my breath when I walk into it.

Back