• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first anime?

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2016
Inspector Gadget <3

EDIT: Hi there, digi-kun here with a fun fact involving this to drive it over the 25 character limit.
While Inspector Gadget was indeed created to be an American cartoon, most of the animation was actually done in Japan and Taiwan, therefore technically counting it as as an anime, similar to the Yugioh movie being pushed by 4kids.

Last edited by a moderator:

wilso

Grass Master
Years
well when i was a kid i didnt really no wat anime ment or was but im pretty sure dragon ball and digimon where first then i remember this show called mar not sure wat it was about but me and my bro watched it when we where kids

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
I was a kid back then and I never knew what the hell is an anime and what's not.
I believe the first one is either DragonBall or Pokemon. My first Anime I watched, knowing it is, was Pokemon. For me, Pokemon is exceptional and my first Non-Pokemon Anime was Death Note.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
What was the first anime you watched?
VOLTRON! -I was really young when I saw it though, don't remember much about it.

DBZ is my favourite from my childhood. such a great show. Gonna be picking up DBZ-Kai soon.

What was the first anime you watched, knowing that it was anime?
Possibly DBZ? I can't really pin down when I found out what anime was. It's an odd question. Maybe naruto.

What was the first anime you watched with subs?
Hmm... I can't really remember. I don't think I've really watched subbed anime. I always watch stuff on TV, while multitasking on my computer, so reading was out of the equasion.

Actually, back in the day, I did watch through subbed DBZ movies- if that counts.

Last edited:

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
Years
probably voltes five as it used to air on local cable.

i don't really remember, but it was most likely one of those anime that used to air on axn (gate keepers and all that.

see above.

Shinigami_

Resident Death God
Years
Rurouni Kenshin and Dragonball Z - Anime was fairly new to America at that time, so choices were limited. but I think its safe to say it was the former that got me really hooked; I just loved the story and the characters.

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
Years
Aside from the original Pokemon Anime, my first ones were probably Dragon Ball and Gundam, around the late 90's-early 2000's or so.

Years
I am going to exclude Pokemon, YGO and DBZ to be honest as they are mainstream. So the first anime I ever got into was one called Elfen Lied lol. I was listening to music on youtube and found an AMV of it and all the blood and gore intrigued me so much, I decided to watch it XD

Years
  1. What was the first anime you watched? Voltron: Defenders of the Universe
  2. What was the first anime you watched, knowing that it was anime? Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z
  3. What was the first anime you watched with subs? Uh...Bleach or Vampire Knight, not for sure.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Pokemon that's why Im on PC right now.
Naruto; the dub when it was on Toonami
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt heard about it online and almost finished season one.
That or Katekyo Hitman Reborn a friend recommended me to watch it but it was only subbed.

dajman1996

Novice Turbo Duelist
Years
  1. What was the first anime you watched? Pokemon, Digimon and Transformers Amada. (All in the same sitting for the first episode)
  2. What was the first anime you watched, knowing that it was anime? Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon, Transformers
  3. What was the first anime you watched with subs? Digimon, Yugioh and Bleach.

Joshawott

Banned
Years
1. What was the first anime you watched?

Pokémon (shocking, I know). The show really did wonders for anime way back when.

2. What was the first anime you watched, knowing that it was anime?

Shuffle! Though oddly enough I've still never gotten around to finishing it.

3. What was the first anime you watched with subs?

None. I've watched a few episodes of Pokémon with subtitles (specifically the banned ones) but that's about it. I just can't seem to get into animes with subtitles, mostly because it's a different language that I'm not used to. If I ever do watch an anime with subtitles it'll probably be Lucky Star.

Mysterious

ahahaha NOPE
Years

Pokemon, when I was around 5 years old and the TV stations didn't suck.

Sailor Moon.

Pokemon, again. The subs were terrible, though. The first anime I watched with decent subs was Lucky Star.

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2012
Pokemon. What else?

What was the first anime you watched, knowing it was an anime?
Dragon Ball Z

One Piece.

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2020
  1. What was the first anime you watched? Dragon Ball (I remember coming back from kindergarten and watching this, around 20 years ago)
  2. What was the first anime you watched, knowing that it was anime? Naruto (started at around 14)
  3. What was the first anime you watched with subs? Clannad (2-3 years ago, when I started watching anime on a more regular basis)

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Either One Piece or Pokemon.

Knowing that it was an Anime? Pokemon I guess. (In 2008.)

I don't remember. Probably some anime name Lamune.

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2016
I'm confused between Dragon Ball Z and Pokemon. Not really sure which I watched first.

Death Note. Could any anime beat this? Still the best anime ever XD.

Naruto.

Back