• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
I has a question.
I just wrote a huge script (well, for me it's huge) and don't really want to bother finding every single piece of freespace and inputting it all in. is there a way to just put it in XSE and have it do all of the repointing for me?

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
I've been trying to move the old man in Viridian City, you know the one that won't let you pass until he's had his coffee, and then shows you how to catch Pokemon and all that. However, when I moved his event data to my desired location, his sprite remained in the same spot. Further, the events won't activate. Can someone explain what I need to edit in his script to move him and such?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I has a question.
I just wrote a huge script (well, for me it's huge) and don't really want to bother finding every single piece of freespace and inputting it all in. is there a way to just put it in XSE and have it do all of the repointing for me?

#dynamic 0x800000

automatically makes XSE write the scripts to free space AFTER 0x800000

(Next time, if you have questions about XSE, try opening XSE up and pressing F2, you'll find a guide to beat all guides written for XSE. EVERYTHING you should need to start learning.

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Spriting

to be an all round hacker we always need to start frm the bottom again

i have come to spriting 101...

my 1st question is can we ADD more overworld sprites to fire red or we can only replace them?

cause most tutorials i find deals with replacing the current overworld sprites with new ones...

any tutorial that shows how to add overworld sprites would be appreciated

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I've been trying to move the old man in Viridian City, you know the one that won't let you pass until he's had his coffee, and then shows you how to catch Pokemon and all that. However, when I moved his event data to my desired location, his sprite remained in the same spot. Further, the events won't activate. Can someone explain what I need to edit in his script to move him and such?

You have to move the script out of the way, as well as the sprite, prahaps you haven't saved it to the ROM yet?

Try saving it to the ROM, you might've forgotten to do that, so yeah.

Are you using AdvanceMap 0.9.2? Some other map editors for the 3rd generation might have some problems.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years

I'm not sure about the scripts not activating as that is not enough information, but the old man's position is dictated by the level script in Viridian City. Either delete the level script or alter it so it doesn't move the man back to his original position, as given by the line:
Code:
movesprite2 0x4 0x15 0xB

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2020
So have many people done and completed hacking ROMS for NDS? If so, could someone link me to a few successful ones?

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
I'm not sure about the scripts not activating as that is not enough information, but the old man's position is dictated by the level script in Viridian City. Either delete the level script or alter it so it doesn't move the man back to his original position, as given by the line:
Code:
movesprite2 0x4 0x15 0xB

Okay, so like... What I mean is his event is still staying in its usual place to the north of the town. In my hack, that needs to be moved to a south exit. I followed your directions about editing his "movesprite2" data, but when I tried to burn the script to my game, it asked for a bunch of offsets, and then when I went to test it, the game crashed upon entering Viridian City.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
So have many people done and completed hacking ROMS for NDS? If so, could someone link me to a few successful ones?

All that I know of... is Bloody Platinum, which is a hack of Pokémon Platinum.
It's only a slight modification with the sprites and all that. We have not hardly had a ROM Hack that involves the edits of the map models or texture models and/or possitioning of them.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I was wondering if hacking so you have lots of rare candies, then giving them to a completely legit pokemon, would that pokemon lose it's legit status. Like if (Example) EV trained a kricketune at level 24 (No hacks at all) hacked 999x rare dandies. Gave them to kricketune to get it to lvl 100. Sorry if its already up i'm a bit stupid at looking around :( Thnaks in advance!

Though it may be dishonorable in MY opinion, (As I raise all of my pokemon with love and care, even if they are real or not), hacking to get 999 Rare Candies and using those candies to level up will NOT mark your pokemon as hacked and will look perfectly normal to nintendo.

The candies in your bag however would raise a red flag, so be sure to delete them before participating in any nintendo event. (In case they check for obvious reasons)

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Okay, so like... What I mean is his event is still staying in its usual place to the north of the town. In my hack, that needs to be moved to a south exit. I followed your directions about editing his "movesprite2" data, but when I tried to burn the script to my game, it asked for a bunch of offsets, and then when I went to test it, the game crashed upon entering Viridian City.

Then you have incorrectly repointed the script, so it would be easier to remake the script based off another clean ROM, or to delete the level script entirely.

Which scripting tool did you use?

Question: I've edited a few TMs so they have different moves, but when I view their descriptions in the TM Case they still have the descriptions of the moves that they originally had. I was wondering if there was a table somewhere which points to the descriptions of each TM so I could repoint it to the correct description of the new moves.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Then you have incorrectly repointed the script, so it would be easier to remake the script based off another clean ROM, or to delete the level script entirely.

I've been using PokeScript because I can't figure out for the life of me how to get XSE to work.

Loaf

Just loafing around...
Years
Hello,
As I said before, I'm looking to just tweak Emerald to give me the Pokemon I want straight away. I've tried throwing in some givepokemon code into temporary game objects, like the Pokemon that are moving furniture in your new house. But it always leads to an error (such as the main player getting stuck outside of a room) or the game freezes. :c

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Hello,
As I said before, I'm looking to just tweak Emerald to give me the Pokemon I want straight away. I've tried throwing in some givepokemon code into temporary game objects, like the Pokemon that are moving furniture in your new house. But it always leads to an error (such as the main player getting stuck outside of a room) or the game freezes. :c

Did you give them entirely new scripts or did you attempt to add the commands directly into their preexisting scripts? Because doing the latter without repointing will most likely cause some errors because you'll be increasing the length of the script and overwriting part of another script.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years

Question: I've edited a few TMs so they have different moves, but when I view their descriptions in the TM Case they still have the descriptions of the moves that they originally had. I was wondering if there was a table somewhere which points to the descriptions of each TM so I could repoint it to the correct description of the new moves.

You could just edit the text xD
Not sure if that would work though :\

Anyway, bumping my question:
I inserted a new hero, and overworlds which share the same palette (surfing overworld, shadows, arrows, flying overworlds) are now messed up. If I were to simply repoint them to another palette, would it work ok in-game?

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
Years
I inserted a new hero, and overworlds which share the same palette (surfing overworld, shadows, arrows, flying overworlds) are now messed up. If I were to simply repoint them to another palette, would it work ok in-game?

I think you can open those in NSE and edit them.

on to my question: where are is the offset for the water animation?
(I've treid animed but,no results :'(

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
on to my question: where are is the offset for the water animation?
(I've treid animed but,no results :'(

If you're using Fire Red you can find them at 3A7674 in Tile Molester.

I don't know Ruby/ Emerald's D:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023

You could just edit the text xD
Not sure if that would work though :\

Anyway, bumping my question:

No editing the text doesn't work it will change the description of the attack in the Pokemon menu. And your issue is something too. Repointing the palletes to the OW's of the flying/surfing/arrows won't work as far as I know. I think you can try to Hex Edit the colors (Which is a pretty simple really)

What are the repercussions of putting Nidorina & Nidoqueen in their respective egg groups

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back