The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 4th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Clawvile

I was training my Scyther and then WHAM! A Suicune appeared. It took me a half hour to catch it(On gold). My first gen three legend was Groudon.

The legend of golurk: Pokeflute of time
Old October 5th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Ari Niko
Sincerity

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clawvile View Post
I was training my Scyther and then WHAM! A Suicune appeared. It took me a half hour to catch it(On gold). My first gen three legend was Groudon.
How did you keep it in battle for that long without it running? :O
Old October 5th, 2013, 09:06 AM
DynamicD
Metagross Fan

Nature: Relaxed
My first gen 3 legendary was Moltres in FireRed. I just really liked Fire types as a kid. My first R/S/E legendary was Kyogre, since I had Sapphire first. I soon bought all three of the games.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 6th, 2013, 04:05 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
the first one in third gen was Kygore as I was playing Sapphire as my Hoenn game. In Firered it probably was Mewtwo.
Old October 6th, 2013, 04:10 AM
Larinelle
Purrfect Purple Paradise

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Larinelle
Ruby being my first game ever means that Groudon was my first legendary.
That's also why it's got a special place in my heart - i might have liked it less if not for this criteria. :3

LF: HA Sentret
X: 4468-2403-1878
Little Trades
Old October 6th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Altair
Incognito

Nature: Brave
Ruby was my first Gen III game, I caught Groudon and it really trampled the opposition! The drought + solarbeam combo, eruption at full health were my Groudon's main attacks.
Old October 18th, 2013, 03:56 AM
Penta Penguin
Sorting out my mental problems.

The first legendary pokemon was Kyogre for me, since I was playing Sapphire. It had a good array of attacks, and seemed to be quite effective against the Elite 4.

Looking for a scripter desperately for Pokemon Dark Nebula. If you
would like to help, drop me a PM or VM.
It's a Romhack btw.
~Twitter~ ~Youtube RH~ ~Youtube Music~
Old October 20th, 2013, 04:55 PM
mrpokemonxy

Mine was groudon and it was an awesome experience cuz everything was new in emerald
Old October 25th, 2013, 09:10 PM
darkpokemaster666

Nature: Lonely
The first generation three legend I caught was Rayquaza. I had made Groudon faint from poison, so I couldn't catch him in Ruby.

Old October 26th, 2013, 01:36 AM
GreyVirgo
•=ØInfinityØ=•

Nature: Serious
My first Gen. 3 game was Sapphire but sadly I didn't finish the game then I found Emulators so It was Pokemon Ruby I chose and I got Groudon then in FireRed it was Articuno.

Other Forums Im In:

EGC Account: Grey
PHO Account: XLR8
LV Account: Grey

"I love making out with lamps!" - Nigahiga
Old October 26th, 2013, 03:24 AM
Banz

My first legendary was a Zapdos in FireRed.
I did not catch any legedaries in Red even though I remember going to the Power Plant and the Cerulean Cave.

In Ruby my first legendary was Groudon.
Old October 26th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Ig Pokemon Lover
The Mighty Scizor

Nature: Serious
Pokemon Blue it was zapdos i was like holy cow! my first legendary Pokemon in the game
Old October 30th, 2013, 05:42 AM
TheAmazingSpiderMan
Aka Ansirent

Nature: Gentle
Am.. my first Legendary was Zapdos in Leaf green, And leaf green is my first Pokemon game i had played. well it was toooooooooooo hard to Catch it And cause of its my first Legendary and for ti design and spiky Feather it become my favorite Legendary. First i was just searching in the Power plant ( i doesn't knew that Zap can find there i just went there to find what really is the Power Plant) then it was little confusing to find Zapdos cause there are little confusing ways in Power plant i catch Pikachu, Magnemit there as normal Pokemon, Then i see a Pokeball there i went near to it and clicked the "A" Button and a Voltorb came to fight but Unfortunately i only had 30 ultra balls left, no Pokeball i thought maybe here can be a new and some rare Pokemon so i better save the Ultra balls for it, So i run from it then finally i reach to Zapdos the battle began i choose Arcaine and used some hot Moves on it after it health reach yellow color i started using Ultraballs on the Zapdos but no no no no not a single chance i saw to caught it. But after i lose my 27 or 28 balls suddenly the Zapdos was catch by the Ultra ball NO. 29 ! interesting right ? ha ha ha
Old November 24th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Terff
the unimportant

Nature: Quirky
Well LG was my first game so I wasn't aware that I should save before catching a legendary so I missed Zapdos but I think my first was either moltres or articuno :o
-Metang
-Klefki
Heres my Y FC:
4184 2997 2224 PM me before you add me

PM me for safaris I'm looking for! (I got a bunch)
Old November 24th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Lesqx
eRepublik Player

Nature: Quiet
My first legendary pokemon in 3rd generations.. Oh yeah, this is Moltres in Pokemon FireRed. I'm really happy, because i catch moltres and i have spent only 2 ultra balls

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 24th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Kaizaer Dragonovian
Kaizaer Dragonovian

Nature: Calm
My very first game was firered. I (stupidly) used my masterball to capture Zapdos. I never could catch the other ones. I was only 6 years old at the time if that compensates for something. To be honest I still love zapdos to this day but he seems like a total waste of master ball. DONT USE IT ON ZAPDOS!!! not worth it. Use it on something like Mewtwo or a roaming pokemon like entei.
Old November 30th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Stygian
誰か

Nature: Hasty
None. xD I never really caught a legendary, I only encountered them. Not because I hated them, no, but it was because I always failed to catch them. The only legendary I encountered was Groudon on Ruby, but I failed to catch him after so many times with his health on the red so I just beat him instead. I was so close to encountering (maybe even catching!) Rayquaza (on Emerald) but I was stuck on the stupid puzzle on Sky Pillar. Ugh.

· family ·

Last edited by Stygian; November 30th, 2013 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 1st, 2013, 01:03 AM
Alex
TheRose
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Alex
My first was, if I recall correctly, Rayquaza in Emerald, but not in my current copies of Emerald. I think I was 9 when I caught it, so that would've had to have been my second Emerald.

I did my time and I want out
So effusive – fade – it doesn’t cut
The soul is not so vibrant
The reckoning, the sickening
Packaging subversion
Pseudo–sacrosanct perversion
Old December 3rd, 2013, 04:27 AM
Varus

My first? God man it's been like 10-12 years now how do you expect me to remember that?

I have a feeling zapdos was my first but you'll have to forgive me if I'm wrong. That memory is so old it's in... black and white! On a more serious note Zapdos is the only one I can remember playing with.
Old December 4th, 2013, 08:10 AM
ryemck

My first legendary I battled was Ho-Oh in Pokemon Gold (that my friend lost and repaid me in Pokemon cards -,-). I killed it for the exp because I had no idea legendaries existed at that time :/

First one I caught was Moltres, I was so unbelievably happy!
Old December 4th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Mara
All your base are belong to us

Nature: Rash
My first legendary in gen 3 was Kyogre. I loved the pokemon until I got Rayquaza. xD That was one of the best legendaries at that time for me.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links