• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2013
I've got out of the Mt. Moon and the phone is not ringing, what to do now? I can't figure out.

Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2012
I'm not really good with computers can you please help me with this is there already a patched rom so I can play it I been itching to play for 5 hours now and could really use some help to play your game cause it looks AMAZING!

DaEpicTrainer

One Pokemon to Rule Them All
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
I'm not really good with computers can you please help me with this is there already a patched rom so I can play it I been itching to play for 5 hours now and could really use some help to play your game cause it looks AMAZING!

Download Pokemon Fire Red rom for GameBoy Advance a.k.a Visual Boy Advance, then download the .ips patch from this thread.After done those ; google ''download lunar ips'' or ''download lips'' download it.Open lips, open the exe file inside.Click apply ips patch, pick the file you downloaded from here.Then pick the fire red rom.Enjoy

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2015
I hope metapod hasn't disappered like all other Orange Islands creators...most of them never even releasing the first island,even though they made it

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2012
Download Pokemon Fire Red rom for GameBoy Advance a.k.a Visual Boy Advance, then download the .ips patch from this thread.After done those ; google ''download lunar ips'' or ''download lips'' download it.Open lips, open the exe file inside.Click apply ips patch, pick the file you downloaded from here.Then pick the fire red rom.Enjoy

Tyvm DaEpicTrainer,
I got it working, I just got to the primeape event. Does anyone know what the encounter rate for shiny pokemon are in this hacked version cause I got a shiny charmander and a shiny Krabby. I'm not complaining I love it!! Shiny charmander = WIN! Love the game.

Are there any events that are easily forgotten or will the game not let you advance till there completed?

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2012
Hey,
i´m not able to download it, could someone help me?
Trissy

Last edited:

DaEpicTrainer

One Pokemon to Rule Them All
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Tyvm DaEpicTrainer,
I got it working, I just got to the primeape event. Does anyone know what the encounter rate for shiny pokemon are in this hacked version cause I got a shiny charmander and a shiny Krabby. I'm not complaining I love it!! Shiny charmander = WIN! Love the game.

Are there any events that are easily forgotten or will the game not let you advance till there completed?

Not doing the events like releasing pidgeot/pidgeotto or butterfree etc doesn't mean you can't continue i guess.But i played till the bulbasaur event but i didn't have my everstone on bulbasaur so it evolved into a venasaur.It didn't let me do the event so i stopped playing.I don't know if i had to do that one but i was too lazy to search/read.But yeah i think you need to be careful about the pokemon evolvings/items.

EDIT:The pokemon shiny ratio is normally 1 in 8192 / %0.01.But don't know about this rom's shiny rate.Some hacks have more ratio or less ratio.Maybe metapod did that on purpose.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Is this finished hack ???

And is it releasing updates often ?? :D :D
It is not finished yet. Kanto part is, though.

Anyways for shiny encounters. It might be that Meta's used routines have affected the shiny encounter chance.
So as much as intentional it may seem, it's simply your luck ;) I haven't found any shiny Pokémon in AshGray yet.

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2013
I downloaded the game and it's really cool :D

How far does Metapod23 think to go with this, is this going to be just Kanto or will there be more regions ?? :D :D

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2012
There is a how to vid on youtube if you can't understand what DaEpicTrainer said a couple posts up

I´ve seen the download link and i know how to patch a rom with ips, but the download free space was full and i wasn´t able to download, so could you up the ips on an other server?

Edit: Last evening the server was to full, now it works. SRY!!!

Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2012
Misty Mermaid Bug

Hey, my game is bugged and i can't really get past the game without this event. You get through the cave that takes you to cerulean city and then usually the phone should ring and you talk to the cerulean gym sisters. This did not happen for me so i can't progress through :( Any ideas? The only thing that i didn't do in the game that i know of if is the blastoise event where you need your wartortle to talk to the pokemon, but i had mine evolve into a blastoise so i couldn't do it. Here is the link to a video showing the part of the game i'm talking about
wwwDOTyoutubeDOTcom/watch?v=uvGz8TVugdw
(replace DOT with "." of course)
If anybody knows any of this and replies, thanks in advance :P

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I downloaded the game and it's really cool :D

How far does Metapod23 think to go with this, is this going to be just Kanto or will there be more regions ?? :D :D
Well, Meta wants to implement Orange Isle but he's been pretty inactive :/

Hey, my game is bugged and i can't really get past the game without this event. You get through the cave that takes you to cerulean city and then usually the phone should ring and you talk to the cerulean gym sisters. This did not happen for me so i can't progress through :( Any ideas? The only thing that i didn't do in the game that i know of if is the blastoise event where you need your wartortle to talk to the pokemon, but i had mine evolve into a blastoise so i couldn't do it. Here is the link to a video showing the part of the game i'm talking about
wwwDOTyoutubeDOTcom/watch?v=uvGz8TVugdw
(replace DOT with "." of course)
If anybody knows any of this and replies, thanks in advance :P
This seems to be common bug... try to repatch the ROM because some flags might have been set incorrectly.

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2012
I used the newest patch (3.6.1) on a fire red (U)v1.1 rom but VirtualBoy Advance and no$gba won't let me open it. on virtualboyadvance it just has a black screen and on no$gba the program crashes :( i really want to play this hack, any help would be appreciated

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I used the newest patch (3.6.1) on a fire red (U)v1.1 rom but VirtualBoy Advance and no$gba won't let me open it. on virtualboyadvance it just has a black screen and on no$gba the program crashes :( i really want to play this hack, any help would be appreciated
You either need new ROM or first try to set Save Type to 128k in VBA, that might also be reason why it happens.

soulavenger

A Keen Observer
Years
Just want to thank metapod23 for creating this piece of beauty.Thoroughly enjoyed my time playing it and I hope we can see more of it in the future.

Also, a big thank you to Ash493 and all the others who help us all out by answering our queries and solving various problems.You people do a great job.
:D

Last edited:
Back