• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Shiny Hunter Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
Not gonna lie... starting to lose hope... I'm around 20k SRs after a month of hunting... Still no shiny... Any encouragement before I cave?

Once you get it it is SO worth it! LOVING my Dragonair and Typhlosion (and Red Gyarados too).

Update - have 7 badges now. Hunting for shiny #3. Am using Gyarados but not counting him towards the challenge.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
Once you get it it is SO worth it! LOVING my Dragonair and Typhlosion (and Red Gyarados too).

Update - have 7 badges now. Hunting for shiny #3. Am using Gyarados but not counting him towards the challenge.

I know that. But this is my longest hunt. I got Ho-oh in HG faster than I got this piplup and Ho-oh was the closest I got to 10k SRs

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
I'll join!

Username: PekoponTAS
Game: Pokemon LeafGreen/FireRed

Currently triple soft reseting for Shiny Charmander on Leafgreen v1.1, FireRed v1.1, and LeafGreen v1.0

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Guys, I hate to have to butt in again, but things are still a bit more on the discussion side. While I'm fine with some discussion, it's still really heavy on that in here. I normally have a loose grip with challenges and I'm pretty lenient with them, but please guys, if you need encouragement or just want to chat about your SR number and such (posting your SR count is fine though, as long as you have more than just "i'm at 5k srs guys" add your team maybe or some progress you might have made?), please take it to your club. I know most of you aren't familiar with the rules in here or how things work, and that's fine. But if you need to, please read the rules to get an understanding of this forum, or even just check out some of the other threads.

If I get more reports for this thread, I'll have to crank down hard on it, and I'd really rather not. Thanks for understanding.

Years
Congrats on the recent shinies everyone ^_^ even though I don't think I've missed any since my last post.

anyway SHINY ABRA AFTER 13155 SEEN!!! My longest hunt if you count pokemon obtained.

ftlevo.jpg

Yes this took 4 days and 2631 SRs/13155 I'm so freaking happy! I thought I might get another long hunt since I got my mareep finally and I deserved to suffer for getting it! But its here and it certainly didn't take that long the nature is hasty and its characteristic is often dozes off which is not to bad. I'm really happy guys thanks for all the support and good luck with all your hunts!

2 SHINIES IN 1 DAY 2X IN THE SAME MONTH! SHINY SUDOWOODO AFTER 427 SRs!

i4o7kj.jpg

I found this shiny last night at 11:00pm and I immediately froze in disbelief before shutting the DS to catch the sparkles and you don't get to see the battle because I upload videos to youtube and I like to catch the sparkles to my shinies. This shiny is so beautiful I did not expect it to appear so early pretty sure my next hunt will be long so *throws my luck to everyone* good luck guys
wink.gif

Last edited:

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
While I was resetting (a bit too quickly) I accidently resetted away a shiny chikorita. I only saw a glimpse of it. Anyways, 14 hours of resetting done. I am going to keep going.

Janske

Shinyhunter - Trance for life
Years
After 4787 SR I finally got shiny totodile!! Adamant nature too!! At lastttttt haha xD.

I'd like to ask Kitori if you could be so kind to add a game with my name on Soul Silver?:P I'll start hunting there too since nidoran on fire red is a pain in the *beep* lol.

@ Paul: Gratz on your dratini man ;)!!

@ Cheese: Gratz on your Abra :O, that sure is long lol!

@ SoulSilver: That really is unfortunate :(. I really hope you reclaim it soon :(.

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
PLEASE make sure you're following the rules! Read the forum's rules, Sydian's posts in this thread, and browse other challenges to see the format.

Discussion should be taking place in the Shiny Hunters Club. Please don't make us the worst thread to moderate! :X

I believe I have everyone updated on the challenge. If your entry is not up to date send me a VM. It would be really helpful if everyone would post what badge they are on and how many shinies they have at the end of an update so I don't have to sift through your posts when going to update the challenge! Thanks!

Years
2nd Shiny Spearow 2058 HBs
111uj4y.jpg

I have good news and bad news...The good news is I caught it and its my 7th 1/8192 shiny this month.. The bad news is this is the only target I didn't want. Oh well its a shiny I'm happy but I will continue headbutting until I get heracross/aipom in this place.

Badges: 4
Shinies: 8

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Quick question. I'm interested in giving this a try, but the problem is that I would want my shiny Pokemon to remain UT so they can be cloned and offered in my trade shop. Would it be acceptable to, upon encountering a shiny Pokemon, transfer it to a different game for cloning, then send it back? It would require catching a Pokemon at the beginning of the game, so I can trade the starter. Of course, it then would be released and not actually used for battling.

I already keep a copy of HeartGold version laying around for SRing for a shiny starter, so this would at least put it to more use.

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
Quick question. I'm interested in giving this a try, but the problem is that I would want my shiny Pokemon to remain UT so they can be cloned and offered in my trade shop. Would it be acceptable to, upon encountering a shiny Pokemon, transfer it to a different game for cloning, then send it back? It would require catching a Pokemon at the beginning of the game, so I can trade the starter. Of course, it then would be released and not actually used for battling.

I already keep a copy of HeartGold version laying around for SRing for a shiny starter, so this would at least put it to more use.

I would deem this as acceptable as long as you play on the game the shinies are originally from so they don't get boosted exp. :)

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Of course. They would only be sent over to Diamond version until they are cloned, then back to the original game for my team. (:

Username: ⊗Slenderman⊗
Game(s): HeartGold

I'm about to start SRing for my starter.

Years
After exactly 1 month, and 1 day ago, I got my last shiny... now this!
mj3jty.jpg

The exact one I was hunting too! So so happy. :)

Janske

Shinyhunter - Trance for life
Years
Yaaay after 6505 SR I got shiny sandshrew from Game Corner on my SS!! I got him a few days ago but didnt have time to post lol sry:P. If you could update Kit that would be great ;)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back