• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Rom hacks with only Gen 1 and Gen 2 Pokémon

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 3, 2015
Hello guys,

I am browsing the internet but can't seem to find any rom hack with only the gen 1 and gen 2 pokemon.
If you know any good ones please let me know. Thanks

SmackRebel

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Pretty much all Gen 3 hacks have at least Hoenn Pokémon, I remember some hacks that were only going to include Pokémon up to Gen 2 but those were never released.

Some Gen 1 and 2 ROM hacks probably won't have any newer Pokémon, but the most recent ones do.

rijonAdventures is a Fire Red hack that mostly has Kanto Pokémon, and maybe some Johto ones, and Hoenn Pokémon are only available after you beat the league, but maybe that's been changed in a later release.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 3, 2015
Okay thanks.. Too bad there aren't any.. Hoenn region is one i cane live with. But the later gens i just do not really like. I am gonna check that one out. Thanks

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Pokemon brown has only gen 1 pokemon, I don't know if thats what you are looking for but that's what I found

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
Okay thanks.. Too bad there aren't any.. Hoenn region is one i cane live with. But the later gens i just do not really like. I am gonna check that one out. Thanks

It's a bit late to respond to this, but the hack in my sig has only pokemon in the 1st 3 gen.
Shameless self promotion but still relevant to the topic at hand.

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
Years
Hello guys,

I am browsing the internet but can't seem to find any rom hack with only the gen 1 and gen 2 pokemon.
If you know any good ones please let me know. Thanks

SmackRebel

Pokemon Strike! Yellow - appears as if it's still in beta but it is completely playable 100%
Pokemon Complex Crystal - more difficult version of Crystal where the levels of Pokemon/trainers in Kanto (and Johto) are appropriately modified. All 251 Pokemon available
Pokemon Crystal 251 - I've not played this, but by reading the description it looks like it is a pure recreation of Crystal, the only modification being that all 251 Pokemon are available

Back