• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Student Driver (It's a pun! :D)

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
Years
Alright, so,

Yesterday, there was a power outage,
and while ke dbeing at school,
I didn't know until I came home that this happened:

My main computer's internet had developed a glitch thanks to the outage, and it wouldn't allow my dad to get onto any webstie.

So, what he did was delete the internet, and get a new one.

(Mind you the internet he lost an got where both IE).

Sadly, when I went on Youtube,
there was no sound.
I tried two other videos.
No sound.

I checked the control panel, it said there was "No sound device" in "Sounds and Audio Devices".

Apperantly, from my dad's research,
The driver controlling sound dropped.

Is there any way I can put sound back on my computer?

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
Check the BIOS.
It might have just disabled the audio device.
If not, find the name of your sound card and download the driver off the manufacturer website. Also, he didn't delete "the internet." If he did, it would be all over the news.

twocows

Years
And, if all else, fails... go to Microsoft's update site and select to install the optional hardware updates (these hardware updates on the site are usually device drivers).
If the manufacturer driver doesn't work, Microsoft's generic crappy driver definitely won't work. It's another problem entirely if the man. driver doesn't fix it.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

Years
Check the BIOS.
It might have just disabled the audio device.

BIOS?

If not, find the name of your sound card and download the driver off the manufacturer website. Also, he didn't delete "the internet." If he did, it would be all over the news.

We can't find the name of the sound card,
that's the problem. :/

twocows

Years
BIOS?

We can't find the name of the sound card,
that's the problem. :/
If you have the original documentation that came with your computer, the name should be buried somewhere in it. Otherwise, Google the model and make of your computer and see what comes up. You'll probably find the specs somewhere.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

Years
Monsiuer4581942083-iaza.gif

Monsieur
The Electabuzz

:Follows Around, no PokeBall:

• Appears Omnipresentally
  • Can be an Anti-Hero if necessary, but always
    does things for the right reasons
  • Loner
  • Keeps opinions to himself; has long periods of silence, often
    dilerate; wants to be courted to participate in group activities
  • Shadow Sky
  • Shadow Panic
  • Shadow Storm
  • Shadow Chill

Grembiule5086254127-iaza.gif

Grembiule
The Vileplume

PokeBall_Cherish3504947890-iaza.gif

• Protective
  • Compulsive
  • Selfless
  • Tend to everyone's needs; concered about others; often
    gets resentful that she is not highly valued. Often Hides
    feelings of anger, jealousy, or competitiveness

• Synthesis
  • Teeter Dance
  • PoisonPowder
  • Petal Dance

*Thank you "The Writer's Guide to Character Traits; Second Edition"! You really helped, and allowed me to fully describe some things, as such are written here.
I do not take credit for any words used to describe traits that aren't mine, and rather's the book's words.

Last edited:
Years
If the manufacturer driver doesn't work, Microsoft's generic crappy driver definitely won't work. It's another problem entirely if the man. driver doesn't fix it.

If the user cannot find the name of the card or cannot find their driver disc, it's fine (the Microsoft one is the EXACT SAME if it's a device that's been out for over a year - and I have used this for retrieving my drivers before).

And if the Microsoft driver/manufacturer driver doesn't work, your motherboard may be nearly done, as this happened to me in January with a 6 year old motherboard (it wouldn't take it's own drivers anymore, let alone the drivers for anything else).

Back