• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
Years
It takes me about an hour and a half in total. Half an hour to draw and scan the lineart, then another hour to colour it.
I used this tutorial. You need Photoshop to do it properly, although it should be possible on some free alternatives, such as the GIMP.
Anyway, Ignicub is finished. Again, it's been redesigned slightly.
IgnicubSugi.png

Thats really awesome Wichu, I can't wait to see your other Pokémon drawn up like that. Really great job, it shows how much effort, skill, and determination you are putting into this. I like it top head fur, and its mane.

And I just saw Dipleaf, so awesome. Your fakemon a very original. They don't look cheap, or awfull at all. Dipleaf has great colors, and I realyl like its eye.

Really great job,
Captain Arcane :pirate:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Final starter, Axolitl. For some reason, I'm not to happy with this one, but I can't decide why...
Axolitl.png

EDIT: I think it's probably the head - the gills on one side appear to be a bit too far up. I could try to fix it, though...

Last edited:

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
Years
Final starter, Axolitl. For some reason, I'm not to happy with this one, but I can't decide why...
Axolitl.png

EDIT: I think it's probably the head - the gills on one side appear to be a bit too far up. I could try to fix it, though...

Hmm, I'm not sure what it is either, but all I can say is great work. I'm really looking forward to seeing your other Pokémon created this way.

Good luck,
Captain Arcane

Atomic Reactor

i think ignicubs right foot looks a little odd...
other than that it looks great.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Sep 11, 2011
Very nice Sugimori art! Dipleaf looks quite nice, and I'm especially loving Ignicub's redesign! Axolitl is as cool as usual, although I agree that there is something a little off about that particular piece of art - I think it might have something to do with the position, or the proportions of it. Still looking quite nice, though - I can't wait to see more! :D

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
Wow, I'm quite impressed; not only are you a great spriter, but a great Sugi-artist to boot. Hell, at this rate, I wouldn't even ever bother with any staff/helpers with this at all. :P You have it ALL down. ^_^

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
amazing your first 2 starters, seriously they look like real pokemon that can be used in the anime in the future.

your third starter, not sure, dont know why but the drawing is fine but the colours and just how it looks isnt good to me. i may be wrong but something is wrong with it. it didnt give me the same 5 star feel the first 2 starters gave me

since you asked for ideas, these may be crapp but your last starter perhaps could have two different evolutions routes

Axolitl Type: Water
Amphibian Pokémon
A Pokémon that can survive both on land and in the water. It prefers freshwater to saltwater, since the water in its body will start to diffuse out in saltwater.

perhaps 1 being a more land based with it growing legs in the evo? and being a part fighting type

and the other being a more swimmer based like a lapras type since it can survive on both water and land? this one being a part ice type?

Last edited:

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
The Sugimori-styled art is very professional, Wichu. Good job. I like the coloring a lot, too.
Dipleaf is practically perfect in my opinion, Ignicub looks a little weird, and Axolitl is great.

Oh, and I'm having a little trouble with your outline; it looks weird. I can slightly see the aliasing on the outline/edges of your art. I wasn't able to see that, they would be perfect.

I like how this project progresses quite quickly. Good luck, Wichu.

Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2009
Your art for the other two starters is perfect, but Ignicub's feet are funny. I think it's the perspective.
His nose is okay, but I'm not sure, it looks a little weird. :S
Anyway, Keep up the good work!!!!

Thanks for the tutorial, I'm been trying to find something similar for awhile!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2009
Wow!!
I don't speak english because i'm spanish.
Your hack is fantactic but what is your base room?
because your hack are really nice!

Atomic Reactor

Because... this is not a hack.
please remember what section you're in.

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2009
omg!
sorry!
In this page are new but i don't a noob i've got a hack in whack hack comunity
sorry, but this game is incredibol
bye!

Status