• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Dissension

How is Dissension Looking?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Pokemon: Dissension is no longer going to be updated here on the PC. I will still be working on it, but it is going off the radar here for a while. I hope you all keep watching this progress as it progresses, which can be done by watching my DA account for visual updates.

http://worldslayer608.deviantart.com/

Introduction

Pokemon Dissension started in early 2009 as a ROM Hack of Fire Red. It has since evolved into being created as a ROM Hack of Fire Red, Ruby, and is now meeting the world of RMXP.

RHN #1 Review
Spoiler:

Pokemon: Dissension Awards
Spoiler:

Pokemon Dissension is a game that will take you to the new Region of Koen, which will hold many mysteries, adventures, and challenges as you work to become a Pokemon master.

Greetings
Spoiler:

Features

Spoiler:

2h83hfp.png

picture.php

GUI Previews

2rruvm9.png

Old Screenshots
Spoiler:

The Team

Worldslayer - Founder, Mapper, Graphic Designer, Plot designer, Project Manager

Chesu - Sprite Artist

Help Needed

Pokemon Dissension is a standalone game, and even though I am planning to do it by myself if it is necessary, help is always appreciated.

If you would like to help out, even just a bit, then please copy and paste the form into a PM, fill it out and send it to me.

Name:
Proof of Work:
MSN or E-mail:
Are you willing to get an IM Program:

Everyone who helps will have their own spot within the game, this is not to make you a Demi-God or anything, but it is to let the players get to know about you/your persona, and give proper credits.

Show Your Support!
2ryr3hl.png

Show your support by adding one of our banners to your signature.

35hfd4y.png

aebby1.png

support1.gif

support2.gif

Credits

Flameguru and Poccils - Starter Kit
Kyledove - Tiles and Pokemon OW's
Chesu - Lugia Support Bars

Special Thanks

Om3GA ARS3NAL - My ROM Hacking Mentor
Chesu - Dissension's Pixel Artist

Last edited:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Brilliant Chris, just brilliant. I loved this as a rom hack. And this looks even better than as a game! GL Chris!

King of Dragons

Hail the king of Dragons!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 21, 2011
This game looks great so far!

If you have any banners I'll support this game for you.

Keep up the good work!

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
This looks very impressive. I hope you excel in this game version and I hope to see progress really soon.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Fascinating. Not only is this game being made as hacks of two different games at once, it's also an RMXP project! I can definitely say that I've never seen its like before.

...However. I do kind of wonder how this game will tie in with the other two versions-- will they all be the same? Personally, I think it would be a lot cooler if the games were all slightly different (ex. they took place in different periods of time, or featured different main characters, or otherwise told different stories), because what's the point spending all your time making three games that are essentially identical? Also, the plot... doesn't really wow me. At all. I can't boldcomment because it's in an image, but... it really doesn't surpass mediocre: "strange phenomena" and "mysterious emotionless Pokemon"? What in this plot hasn't been used in the official games? :/

In short: your game is aesthetically very snazzy and has a good track record too, but what's the point of it all? Is it actually an enjoyable game? Does it live up to its reputation? I have high hopes for you as a developer, but I won't automatically assume greatness from a couple of screens and informed features.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Fascinating. Not only is this game being made as hacks of two different games at once, it's also an RMXP project! I can definitely say that I've never seen its like before.

...However. I do kind of wonder how this game will tie in with the other two versions-- will they all be the same? Personally, I think it would be a lot cooler if the games were all slightly different (ex. they took place in different periods of time, or featured different main characters, or otherwise told different stories), because what's the point spending all your time making three games that are essentially identical? Also, the plot... doesn't really wow me. At all. I can't boldcomment because it's in an image, but... it really doesn't surpass mediocre: "strange phenomena" and "mysterious emotionless Pokemon"? What in this plot hasn't been used in the official games? :/

In short: your game is aesthetically very snazzy and has a good track record too, but what's the point of it all? Is it actually an enjoyable game? Does it live up to its reputation? I have high hopes for you as a developer, but I won't automatically assume greatness from a couple of screens and informed features.

Each version will have its differences. The Idea of 2 ROM Hack versions is the fact that you will need to trade from both versions to experience the game in every detail. Secrets can be unlocked through trading from ROM to ROM.

The RMXP version is the Region of Koen in depth, the region is brought to life by its inhabitants and its locations. It ties both the ROM Hack versions together and allows the player to experience more of Koen than they would get via playing a ROM Hack. The different time frames are not going to be implemented, BUT there will be a sense of time travel within the RMXP version, details will come at a later date, I am trying to avoid spoilers :D.

As far as the plot, I am not a writer, I am not good at spicing up the general plot outline. It sounds Nintendoish because that is what I wanted it to sound like. It will be spiced up and allow more detail when I get someone to sum the plot up in it's entirety without giving out information that is a dead giveaway to a possible ending. That will come when I revamp this thread with CSS and more detail :D.

Don't ever assume greatness, regardless of who is developing it, assume the possibility of greatness. Which is not directed to you and your remark, but to readers and onlookers as a whole. I am not looking to wow people, I am looking to make a game for people to play, love, and even hate.

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 25, 2019
The screen shots are great I like the start screen cant wait toplay this when you release it good luck

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
What's up with that weird effect on the images (this kinda of semi circle of light)? Is that just part of the post, I'm assuming they are not in game- if that effect is i the game, take it out. Of course I'm sure you got this comment in your ROM hack thread, but get rid of that R/S/E overworld sprite- I'm guessing it's a place holder.
I like the look of your first post- I don't think it needs any generic CSS like every other topic has- if that comment is any use to you lol.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
What's up with that weird effect on the images (this kinda of semi circle of light)? Is that just part of the post, I'm assuming they are not in game- if that effect is i the game, take it out. Of course I'm sure you got this comment in your ROM hack thread, but get rid of that R/S/E overworld sprite- I'm guessing it's a place holder.
I like the look of your first post- I don't think it needs any generic CSS like every other topic has- if that comment is any use to you lol.

Chesu complains about that image effect as well, it is not in game it is just a glossy aesthetic touch to the image.

The NPC's that are stock NPC's are placeholders :D.

I will update the media section once a week maybe twice, if an when it is possible.

Generic CSS? I work with webdesign, I am sure it wouldn't be generic. But we will see, one way or another it will have a bit more flare to it.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years

As Slayer said, I've been "complaining" (it's not complaining >_>) about the effect since the beginning. It's just something he does in Photoshop to, I don't know, spice up the screenshots? As for the R/S/E sprite, this is the first time it's been seen... when I saw it, I commented on how R/S/E sprites seem to be looking up at the player, compared to FR/LG-style sprites. Rest assured, it's temporary.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Yeah I was just checking about that effect and NPC sprite.
As for your repsonse to my "generic CSS" remark, it's not a bash at you. I don't know you, nor did I know you have interests in web design, it's more about, just use what you have now (your images). What you have now is a real clean look and very presentable to members who get an impression from your game by reading the first post.
Speaking of "generic"- this is something I always add.... Good luck :P

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Yeah I was just checking about that effect and NPC sprite.
As for your repsonse to my "generic CSS" remark, it's not a bash at you. I don't know you, nor did I know you have interests in web design, it's more about, just use what you have now (your images). What you have now is a real clean look and very presentable to members who get an impression from your game by reading the first post.
Speaking of "generic"- this is something I always add.... Good luck :P

:D I know. I was just stating that CSS is one of those things where generic can sometimes be an overused term, I prefer the term Basic.

I intended on keeping the same style, just implementing it into CSS so it is easier to update and a bit cleaner, as some people use different forum styles, a CSS layout would help blend it in for everyone so it looks nice even to those who are on a darker style and so forth.

Years
  • Age 30
  • CA
  • Seen Mar 2, 2023
I was wondering where this thread went!

Anyway, glad to see it on RMXP now. Good luck, I really look forward to this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back