• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Your suggestions for Essentials

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
I started making this a while back, but never actually finished it... It's in my game somewhere lol since it doesn't cause an error, so it works... Think the only thing missing is going to the bag screen selecting PokéBall, then capturing the Weedle... If you want I can try and finish it and place it in Scripts and Tutorials.

I never finished it since I figured it was a waste of time... I liked that *cough*glitchy*cough* old man which was why I made it, hint hint ;)

Well, I'm not the best scripter, but I'll give it a shot! :D

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I just checked on the bits and pieces that I've done, and I know why I didn't finish it, I would probably need Maruno or my friend to help me with it to progress further, I'm not sure yet... At the moment, this is what it looks like in battle:
5r9.png

I'm going to sleep right now, so will check more into it tomorrow.

Maruno if you'd like to offer some wisdom on this or like to know what I've done, send me a PM... Otherwise I'll just continue lol

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
It's not something I'd care to add to Essentials (because it's not essential), but I can try to help out a bit if you like.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2014
I found this a while back. What the "AOT" does is make it so graphics will update while the game window is not selected, so the game cannot be paused by simply switching to another window. The advantages of this are obvious: RPG Maker XP plays music even if the window is not selected, which can make Cutscenes or other things awful. This will make it so they will be in sync no matter what.

Thing is you will have to compile the aot.exe yourself since the download links are dead.
Well, I saw your suggestion and I just created a post with something identical to "AOT". I find it in a brazilian forum.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=307989
I also wanted to say that Aot doesn't include Win32API compatibilty, so it isn't compatible with Essentials, while the one I posted is.
Its very useful because the maps and other things can be loaded without the need of having selected the game window, and it also "fixes" that cutscenes problem you said.

Last edited:

rigbycwts

Hmm, hmm.
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2019
I would suggest a 3D-styled overworld similar to this:
http ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAxFLqtLog8
(remove space after http)

Also, I would suggest adding Gen VI Pokémon to Essentials. There are a lot of info at Serebii recently.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2017
I think before people get all crazy about Gen 6, Essentials should be brought up to Gen 4 and 5 levels in terms of move, item and ability effects. There's still quite a few holes in that department, assuming the wiki is up to date.

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Apr 11, 2022
Hello, my Suggestion would be

1. a Discount Option or a clearance sale Option for the shop or some of the shop items.
2. change the season every month, like in Gen 5. This can be done with "(month mod 4)" 0 = winter, 1 = spring, 2 = summer, 3 = autumn. and with this change the wether effects on certain maps, for example in winter on most maps a 50 % Chance for snowing, in autumn a 50 % Chance on most maps for raining and so on... although their must some exception like deserts or some beach-Maps where there is always warm-weather.

(hope all can understand, because my english isn't the best)

Last edited:

Diverscope

Pardon me
Years
My suggestion is to implement the medail-system of B/W2 and X/Y. It would be a nice gimmick for all these who have fun of collecting achievements. :)

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
Define Incenses in PBS, just one field with incense name, like "Incense=SEAINCENSE" for Marill or Azurill case.

A PBS for berries data and pokémon forms.

This: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=310911

Maybe something for listing/searching all the itemballs and hiddenitem in entire maps/game.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
I would like to see the 6th gen abilities and moves added, regardless of whether or not 6th gen pokemon are in essentials or not. The base moves still seem pretty important in my opinion as they can be applied to any pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Not sure if this has been asked but: Maybe a search box/making the editor a tad bit faster?
Also... I have an idea of how maybe making moves/abilities and their effects could work in a program idea. SO
For moves: It's be a sentence basically saying:: "This move, (type in name) is classified as (name, sprite to go along with it) and it has (power) power and (accuracy) accuracy. It is a (type) type that has (priority, set to 0 for regular priority, -1 or more for negative priority) priority, can boost/debuff (choose stat from a pop up box) (by how many levels, add a - for negative levels) for you with a percentage of (percentage) and can boost/debuff (choose stat again) (by how many levels) for the foe with a percentage of (Percent) as well as giving the status, (status, there is a blank status) to (foe, you, both) with a percentage of (%). It may also have misc effects forgotten, listed here (protect ((side effect upon hitting)), breaks protect, makes a ((turn)) boost of a stat ((level)), adds protection against ((status/debuff)), breaks protection against ((status/debuff)), gives a gradual ((stat including hp)) by ((amount)) with the condition of ((weather/nothing/around a certain type foe)))."

For Abilities: Another sentence being:: "This ability, (name) can (damage the foe/status the foe/heal you/give a boost/ give the foe a boost/ makes you attack only ((number)) turns in a row/ makes a certain type immune ((type))/ resistance for a type ((type))/ weakness to a type ((type))) with the percentage of (%) and only int he conditions of (weather ((weather))/ when being hit ((type))/ hitting ((type/just in general)) when near a partner) to the (you/enemy/all enemies/your ally/ all allies)."

Kthxbai!

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
At PBS, besides berries and forms, put also one for the ribbons, and put each sprite in a separate file in a separate folder (like footprints). It's strage that these lastest additions doesn't use PBS files. Put also a mode that you can see the ribbons description at status screen and can scroll ribbons (vital in cases that you have more than 12 ribbons).

at types PBS, put a field for setting status conditions immunities (like Steel is poison immune).

When holding ctrl allows to fly for non-visited cities at debug mode.

Maybe this is irrelevant: Transform the "Set internal flag" to "Toggle internal flag".

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Maybe if it is possible, fix the map warping from the debug menu. I cannot be the only one who cannot stand warping onto a patch of trees and having to re-warp. Perhaps have it check the passage and terrain flag of the tile it is warping you to or something.

tImE

Years
Maybe if it is possible, fix the map warping from the debug menu. I cannot be the only one who cannot stand warping onto a patch of trees and having to re-warp. Perhaps have it check the passage and terrain flag of the tile it is warping you to or something.

I agree that it is annoying that it is random which tile you end up on, but FYI, if you hold down CTRL while walking, you have "walk-through-walls". Basically, you can walk through the trees.

Franzo

Developing something...
Years
  • Age 28
  • ???
  • Seen Nov 6, 2023

All RPG Makers allow you to walk on anything while holding down CTRL if you're playing through the editor. There's no need to re-warp.

Maruno

Years
It tries 100 times to find a walkable tile to transfer you to. If it can't, then it'll choose just any random tile. This isn't a big deal, what with the walk-through-anything skills.

tImE

Years
I had an idea for a new feature.
Terrain-tag creator, for the Editor.

Basically, a way to make new, custom, terrain-tags, for things like different kinds of grass or waters.
I'm not especially good at scripting and I've been trying to add a new "Tall Grass"-terrain to use for Flower Patches, like in Pokémon X and Y.

However, noob as I am, I am only able to create the encounter method, but no way to proc it.
In other words, I can't create a "tall grass"-tile which only generates the "flower"-encounter, so to speak.

I think this is a feature lots of people could take advantage of, being able to use more than just the "Tall Grass" and "Very Tall Grass" tiles to generate wild battles.

For example, someone might want to make a shallow water tile where wild battles occur, similar to Tall Grass, or like in my case, flower patches.

Maruno

Years
That's simply not feasible. Terrain tags can do a wide variety of things, from make the player slide around to jump over them to have encounters to surf/dive to give the player soot. It's impractical to try to come up with some more automated way of doing it.

There's a terrain tag editor already, where you can give any tile any terrain tag you want. Just pick a number that isn't otherwise used, and then make a script for its effect by mimicking the existing terrain tag effects. As I said, this script could do anything, which means it can't be "templated".

Back