• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Blaziken can help out against Scizor. It doesn't rely on having a Mega Stone, though, as its regular form can have Speed Boost as well:
-Flare Blitz
-High Jump Kick
-Protect
-Swords Dance/Baton Pass
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost

I dunno how your last slot should be filled. Try to experiment and see what works.

I'd personally pick Tyranitar, followed by the rare Bisharp, because so far none of your team resists Flying, Ghost or Psychic, so one of these will make perfect defensive synergy.

I have a team of 5 pokemons (fire, grass, pyschc, water and dark).
I'm looking for another pokemon that suits my deck. Any suggestion?
A Steel-type works very well with the others, as they resist Flying, Poison and Rock which no-one resists.

Last edited:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I'm EV Training Doublade and Goodra. Need some advise on where to put the points.

Doublade@Eviolite
Adamant
252 Attack
128 Defense
128 Special Defence

Some people will through 252 into defense, but what is the point if his Special D. is so exploitable? Some points should be in SD because the Eviolite brings it up to average/above average.

Maybe I don't need 252 in Attack... but his Attack is really good for a Tank/Wall. I suposed raising his Walling ability - He could just Swords Dance instead of using EV points.

Should I move some points to HP instead?

EDIT: PlatinumDude already posted some advice on Doublade. "Give Doublade Iron Head as a secondary STAB. Use an Adamant nature with 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def."

----

Goodra - Gooey

252 Hp
128 Defense
128 Special Defense

Goodra's weakest stat is defence and his ability only procs on physical hits. Investing some in Defense should be there.

How are my numbers on these pokemon? Should I adjust the EVs?

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Sorry if this is the wrong place, but it was the only one I could find that seemed to fit ^^'

Erm, so, as the title says, I'd like someone who knows more about competitive battling to tell me if the following would be good for a Sylveon:

Toxic
Protect
Psyshock
Draining Kiss

That, while holding Leftovers... Well?

Sylveon@Leftovers
252 HP / 72 Def / 184 Sp.Def
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Roar / Toxic / Heal Bell / Calm Mind

Wish and Protect for healing and team support. Moonblast is its best STAB move, last slot is up to you. Roar to PHaze and rack up hazard damage, Toxic to poison junk, Heal Bell for healing your teams status conditions and Calm Mind to attempt a sweep.

If you use Calm Mind, use max HP and Defense with a Bold Nature.

I'm EV Training Doublade and Goodra. Need some advise on where to put the points.

Doublade@Eviolite
Adamant
252 Attack
128 Defense
128 Special Defence

Some people will through 252 into defense, but what is the point if his Special D. is so exploitable? Some points should be in SD because the Eviolite brings it up to average/above average.

Maybe I don't need 252 in Attack... but his Attack is really good for a Tank/Wall. I suposed raising his Walling ability - He could just Swords Dance instead of using EV points.

Should I move some points to HP instead?

EDIT: PlatinumDude already posted some advice on Doublade. "Give Doublade Iron Head as a secondary STAB. Use an Adamant nature with 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def."

----

Goodra - Gooey

252 Hp
128 Defense
128 Special Defense

Goodra's weakest stat is defence and his ability only procs on physical hits. Investing some in Defense should be there.

How are my numbers on these pokemon? Should I adjust the EVs?

What role are you gonna use Goodra for? Since it can run a variety of sets and roles.

Last edited:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
What role are you gonna use Goodra for? Since it can run a variety of sets and roles.

I also have Florges on my team right now, So I was thinking Goodra would be a more aggressive tank reling on natural bulk to take down threats. Florges can use wish to heal Goodra after taking some hits.

To be honest, with Goodra being a new pokemon, I don't know the best way to use him.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I also have Florges on my team right now, So I was thinking Goodra would be a more aggressive tank reling on natural bulk to take down threats. Florges can use wish to heal Goodra after taking some hits.

To be honest, with Goodra being a new pokemon, I don't know the best way to use him.

Then use Modest with 252 HP/252 SAtk/4 Spe as Goodra's nature and EV spread.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
Scizor or Aegislash for Competitive

Hey everyone, just wanting to get people's opinion on Scizor and Aegislash. Which one do you think would be better for Competitive battling in general? Personally I believe Aegislash's Kings Shield is OP and thus may make him better. Any thought or opinions are appreciate!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Hey everyone, just wanting to get people's opinion on Scizor and Aegislash. Which one do you think would be better for Competitive battling in general? Personally I believe Aegislash's Kings Shield is OP and thus may make him better. Any thought or opinions are appreciate!

Aegislash's King's Shield, while potent, can be played around. You'll need good prediction skills when you use it:
-Swords Dance
-King's Shield
-Shadow Sneak
-Sacred Sword/Iron Head
Nature: Adamant/Brave
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Item: Leftovers

or
-Shadow Sneak
-Iron Head
-Sacred Sword
-Shadow Claw/King's Shield
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Item: Choice Band/Leftovers/Life Orb

or
-Autotomize
-Shadow Ball
-Sacred Sword/Flash Cannon
-Hidden Power (Ice)
Nature: Timid/Modest
EVs: 12 Atk/252 SAtk/244 Spe
Item: Life Orb

Scizor plays in the same way as it did in Gens IV and V. It doesn't rely on King's Shield to defend itself and still hits hard.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 30, 2014
What's the most popular/more "official" battle mode? Single battle or double battle? I've mostly been doing double battle in x and y but if single battle is considered "the real deal" i might have to revise my team and strategy

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
What's the most popular/more "official" battle mode? Single battle or double battle? I've mostly been doing double battle in x and y but if single battle is considered "the real deal" i might have to revise my team and strategy

Nintendo hosts events in double battle format. Most people prefer to battle in singles over on Wi-Fi, though a few do doubles. So it's your call, really.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 6, 2013
Team Composition Suggestions

Hello!

I've never been into pokemon PvP before this generation but now with super training available, I figured I'd give it a shot. My team that I hope to create will consist of:

Blissey
Skarmory
Chandelure
Metagross
Dragonite
Gardevoir

Any suggestions on move sets, what direction to take the team, or even pokemon to replace these? Overall, this bunch isn't very weak to any one Type so I figured it was pretty solid. I was thinking a spikes/whirlwind build on Skarmory but that's about all I know. Thanks very much for your input!

P.S. My friend code is 1676-4182-3631. Please add me for Friend Safari! PM me to let me know.

Last edited:

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Oh, they do have online tournaments. The online tournaments compliment the live ones and there's tourneys when the live season is running. There should be an X&Y tourney going up soon but only people who participated in the last tournament (can't remember if there was a second qualifying) for B2W2 will be able to participate. The online tournaments are most often doubles but every-so-often there's a different format like singles. Japan tends to get special tournaments like an Eevee tournament (lucky bums) so we'll have to see if we get the really cool stuff or if we're left in the dust again.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Hello!

I've never been into pokemon PvP before this generation but now with super training available, I figured I'd give it a shot. My team that I hope to create will consist of:

Blissey
Skarmory
Chandelure
Metagross
Dragonite
Gardevoir

Any suggestions on move sets, what direction to take the team, or even pokemon to replace these? Overall, this bunch isn't very weak to any one Type so I figured it was pretty solid. I was thinking a spikes/whirlwind build on Skarmory but that's about all I know. Thanks very much for your input!

P.S. My friend code is 1676-4182-3631. Please add me for Friend Safari! PM me to let me know.

Blissey:
-Wish/Softboiled
-Protect/Aromatherapy
-Toxic/Thunder Wave
-Seismic Toss/Flamethrower
Nature: Calm
EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/252 SDef
Ability: Natural Cure

Skarmory:
-Spikes/Stealth Rock
-Whirlwind
-Roost
-Taunt/Brave Bird/Iron Head
Nature: Impish/Careful
EVs: 224 HP/252 Def/32 SDef or 224 HP/32 Def/252 SDef
Item: Leftovers/Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy

or
-Spikes
-Stealth Rock
-Taunt
-Brave Bird
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Custap Berry

Chandelure is now better off in the lower tiers, since Mega Gengar gained its previous Dream World ability, Shadow Tag. Use (Mega) Gengar instead:
-Substitute
-Disable/Pain Split
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast/Sludge Bomb
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe or 80 HP/252 SAtk/176 Spe
Item: Black Sludge/Life Orb/Gengarite

or
-Substitute/Protect
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power (Fire)/Sludge Bomb/Dazzling Gleam
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Black Sludge/Life Orb

or
-Shadow Ball
-Sludge Bomb
-Focus Blast
-Trick/Thunderbolt
Item: Choice Scarf

or
-Shadow Ball
-Protect/Focus Blast/Dazzling Gleam
-Substitute/Hypnosis
-Perish Song/Taunt
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe or 80 HP/252 SAtk/176 Spe
Item: Gengarite

or
-Taunt
-Destiny Bond/Substitute
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast/Sludge Bomb
EVs: 80 HP/252 SAtk/176 Spe
Item: Gengarite

Metagross is versatile and can take on multiple roles; even though it gained Ghost/Dark weaknesses in Gen VI, it's still effective because it gained a resistance to Fairy:
-Stealth Rock
-Meteor Mash
-Hammer Arm/Earthquake
-Pursuit
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP/96 Atk/160 SDef

or
-Meteor Mash
-Bullet Punch
-Hammer Arm
-Zen Headbutt/Pursuit/ThunderPunch
EVs: 164 HP/252 Atk/92 Spe
Item: Choice Band

or
-Agility
-Zen Headbutt
-Earthquake
-Meteor Mash/Ice Punch
Nature: Jolly/Adamant

or
-Meteor Mash
-Grass Knot
-Hidden Power (Fire)
-Zen Headbutt/Earthquake
Nature: Naughty
EVs: 252 Atk/228 SAtk/28 Spe

Dragonite is versatile as well, but it needs Rapid Spin support to help keep Multiscale intact. Dragons pretty much got nerfed in Gen VI, due to the introduction of Fairies. Even though it may not be ideal for OU while sharing a Ground weakness with Metagross and a Psychic weakness with Gengar, Dragalge is a Dragon can hit Fairies super effectively:
-Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
-Sludge Bomb
-Thunderbolt
-Hydro Pump/Surf/Scald
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP/252 SAtk/4 SDef
Item: Black Sludge
Ability: Poison Point

Gardevoir gained some improvements this generation, including the Fairy type:
-Psychic/Psyshock
-Moonblast
-Focus Blast/Hidden Power (Fire)
-Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball/Trick
Nature: Timid/Modest
Item: Gardevoirite/Life Orb/Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace

or
-Wish
-Protect
-Moonblast
-Will-o-Wisp
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
Ability: Trace

Thank you for the response. Do Nintendo host events online aswell? Or is it just physical tournaments?
Some are over on Wi-Fi. Some are physical tournaments.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Oct 25, 2013
Need help

So im trying to make a competetive team without straying too far away from my favorites.

this is coming from the new x and y stand point, and im still alittle unsure of the league types and how they work. I know UBER is usually banned since its mainly all of the legendaries etc. I personally thing that legendaries ar to kitschy and want my team to not use them and stick to pokemon I enjoy.

Heres a list of my current team: (well what im leveling up anyways)

Togekiss - SPdef Wall - Timid
Aggron- Atkdef Wall- Relaxed

Mega Lucario - hybrid sweeper - Nuetral Nature
Gyarados- Physcal Sweeper - Adamant
Dragonite- Special Sweeper - Rash Nature
Tyranitar- Physical sweeper- Adamant

Was considering the following

Mawile
Sylveon
Vaporeon
Scizor- the one i have has terrible nature though so i dont know
Kangaskan
slowking- is adamant which sucks yet again >.>
weavile
haxor
absol
toxicroak

let me know what you think.

Still trying to figure out the new ev system but ive gotten affection up for the bonuses there and have been doing the little mini events that raise the main needed stat when im not battling

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Oct 26, 2013
X and Y Team

So I've been looking to start training my x and y team and was wondering how I could improve it. Right now I think my team is going to be:

Charizard - Physical Sweeper
MewTwo - Special Sweeper
Spiritomb - Annoyer
Shuckle - Tank
Butterfree - Shuffler
Sweeper - Chesnaught (To finish it off)
(For the pokemon unavailable in 6th gen I plan on trading with my older versions)

Thanks for all of the help.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
So I've been looking to start training my x and y team and was wondering how I could improve it. Right now I think my team is going to be:

Charizard - Physical Sweeper
MewTwo - Special Sweeper
Spiritomb - Annoyer
Shuckle - Tank
Butterfree - Shuffler
Sweeper - Chesnaught (To finish it off)
(For the pokemon unavailable in 6th gen I plan on trading with my older versions)

Thanks for all of the help.
Only Charizard X can be a good physical sweeper. Charizard Y and the regular Charizard are better special sweepers than it is:
-Dragon Dance/Swords Dance
-Flare Blitz
-Dragon Claw/Outrage
-Earthquake/Roost
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
Item: Charizardite X

Since Charizard is taking up the Mega Evo slot, you're better off using regular Mewtwo. Some people frown down upon using Ubers like Mewtwo in standard play, though, so you'll need to find a backup just in case, but still, here are some Mewtwo sets to help you out:
-Psystrike
-Ice Beam
-Aura Sphere/Fire Blast
-Fire Blast/Calm Mind
EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe

or
-Calm Mind
-Psystrike
-Flamethrower/Aura Sphere/Ice Beam
-Recover
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe

or
-Taunt
-Recover
-Will-o-Wisp/Toxic
-Light Screen/Psystrike/Substitute
EVs: 252 HP/72 SDef/184 Spe

or
-Psystrike
-Ice Beam
-Aura Sphere/Fire Blast/Flamethrower
-Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Trick
EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Choice Scarf

Spiritomb is a good annoyer, with its good defenses, though you'll have to watch out for its new Fairy weakness:
-Will-o-Wisp
-Foul Play
-Rest/Pain Split
-Sleep Talk/Sucker Punch/Taunt
Nature: Calm/Careful
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
Ability: Pressure

Shuckle is an outright terrible tank. Sure, it gained Sticky Web in Gen VI to slow down opposing grounded switchins, but it's just too weak to accomplish much outside of Toxic. Butterfree is TOO frail to use Whirlwind, given its negative priority. Skarmory can tank AND shuffle the team at once:
-Spikes/Stealth Rock
-Whirlwind
-Roost
-Taunt/Brave Bird/Iron Head
Nature: Impish/Careful
EVs: 224 HP/252 Def/32 SDef or 224 HP/32 Def/252 SDef
Item: Leftovers/Shed Shell

Note that Chesnaught is plagued by common weaknesses to Fire, Flying, Psychic, Poison and Ice. Play to its main strengths, which are its high Defense and good Attack:
-Bulk Up
-Seed Bomb
-Hammer Arm
-Substitute/Synthesis
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 SDef

or
-Spikes (egg move)
-Synthesis (egg move)
-Toxic
-Seed Bomb/Low Sweep
Nature: Impish
EVs: 248 HP/252 Def/8 Spe

or
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Toxic/Spiky Shield
-Hammer Arm
Nature: Impish
EVs: 248 HP/8 Atk/252 Def
Ability: Bulletproof

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Can someone give me a good set for Shedinja please

Remember that Shedinja needs a LOT of support to even function. It needs Sandstorm and Hail removed, hazards cleared and its weaknesses eliminated:
-Shadow Sneak
-Baton Pass
-Will-o-Wisp
-Protect
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252 Atk
Item: Focus Sash/Lum Berry

or
-Swords Dance
-X-Scissor
-Shadow Sneak/Shadow Claw
-Protect/Will-o-Wisp
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Focus Sash/Lum Berry

bleri1200

Bleri
Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2016
What do you think the best Nature, Moveset and EVs are for a Aggron/Mega Aggron?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
What do you think the best Nature, Moveset and EVs are for a Aggron/Mega Aggron?

Mega Aggron is best off with Adamant or Careful. Its offensive and supportive move pools are pretty wide, so this gives you room for flexibility between defense or offense:
-Iron Head/Heavy Slam
-Earthquake
-Head Smash/Stone Edge/Stealth Rock/Fire Punch/Ice Punch/Thunder Wave
-Stealth Rock/Dragon Tail/Fire Punch/Ice Punch/Thunder Wave
Nature: Adamant/Careful
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def (Adamant) or 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef (Careful)
Item: Aggronite
Ability: Rock Head/Sturdy

or
-Iron Head/Heavy Slam
-Curse/Dragon Tail/Roar
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
Nature: Careful/Adamant/Impish
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef (Careful), 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SDef (Adamant), 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef (Impish)

or
-Rock Polish/Autotomize
-Heavy Slam/Iron Head
-Earthquake
-Head Smash/Stone Edge/Fire Punch/Ice Punch
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Ability: Rock Head/Sturdy

or