• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Pokémon Trading Card Game Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
They're extremely rare as a collector's item (about as rare or slightly rarer than recent "secret rare" cards are in recent sets as a percentage, I think, as the Gold Star cards are "secret rares" as well), but the prices on many are likely artificially high for reasons Illuvatar stated.

Nidorina of Time Lord

Waiting for the Sun to come...
Years
Hello, everybody. I am a new card collector. I got my first set on December 19th, 2014.
I am very jealous that I have no old cards. All the good ones came out before I was born!
(i was born in 1999)

I have about 300 cards now. My favorite is my shiny Bagon.
I have never played the official game. i am solely a collector.

Years
Ordered a Legendary Treasures Booster Box. It was supposed to be delivered today but has been delayed till tomorrow

Last edited:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
You can get Celebii cards by winning enough versus matches the first three weeks of this month. Get cracking.

Years
Just a quick question; can my MAggron-EX evolve from my Aggron ex? I'm a little confused on the ex ruling and my friend brought it up to me that it might not evolve from the previous one.

http://i.imgur.com/Rx6vSIF.jpg

No, it cannot, because M Aggron EX and Aggron ex are different types of cards. One is an EX, and the other is an ex. Blame the Japanese R&D team for the confusing presentation, since, as far as they're concerned, the fact that one is all caps and the other is lowercase and italicized means they're completely different card types. Unlike in English, lowercase and uppercase Latin letters are not interchangeable when used within Japanese. Even though EX and ex largely function the same (they're both cards that are dramatically more powerful than their peer cards that give two prize cards when taken down), EX cards are exclusively Basic Pokemon unless they're Mega evolution cards (denoted with the M), while the older ex cards included a lot of Stage 1 and Stage 2 cards amongst their ranks.

Now if you had an Aggron EX, it could evolve into M Aggron EX. You just can't get to M Aggron EX from Aggron ex.

Years
No, it cannot, because M Aggron EX and Aggron ex are different types of cards. One is an EX, and the other is an ex. Blame the Japanese R&D team for the confusing presentation, since, as far as they're concerned, the fact that one is all caps and the other is lowercase and italicized means they're completely different card types. Unlike in English, lowercase and uppercase Latin letters are not interchangeable when used within Japanese. Even though EX and ex largely function the same (they're both cards that are dramatically more powerful than their peer cards that give two prize cards when taken down), EX cards are exclusively Basic Pokemon unless they're Mega evolution cards (denoted with the M), while the older ex cards included a lot of Stage 1 and Stage 2 cards amongst their ranks.

Now if you had an Aggron EX, it could evolve into M Aggron EX. You just can't get to M Aggron EX from Aggron ex.

I was so excited when I pulled it too because of my real deck using Aggron "ex". Ah well. I really wanted to believe. Thank you so much for the clarification.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 9, 2022
Hey, I'm new to this site and I've just purchased XY Break Blastoise Mega Battle Special Pack from Japan on EBay.. I'm just wondering because I just know I'm going to be buying more cards because I love the art work etc. What's the best booster/sets etc to go for? I only really played as a kid with the 1st gen so there wasn't much choice but looking online now there seems to be a hell of a lot of different choices. Is it worth buying the tins/special edition ones, do you just get promo cards in them or actual cards from a set.

Years
Hey, I'm new to this site and I've just purchased XY Break Blastoise Mega Battle Special Pack from Japan on EBay.. I'm just wondering because I just know I'm going to be buying more cards because I love the art work etc. What's the best booster/sets etc to go for? I only really played as a kid with the 1st gen so there wasn't much choice but looking online now there seems to be a hell of a lot of different choices. Is it worth buying the tins/special edition ones, do you just get promo cards in them or actual cards from a set.

Most tins at least have a booster pack or two in them. The best ones to go for completely depends on whether you want to play competitively, just casually with friends, or just to collect.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 15, 2022
431px-ToxapexCollectionSun26.jpg

Whenever your opponent retreats his or her Active Pokémon, the new Active Pokémon is now Poisoned.

This card is actually gonna help break Expanded even more haha. With Lasers, Virbank and this you can keep your opponent constantly poisoned. Coupled with STS Croagunk you can easily set up to be doing at the last 30 and really up to 90 damage between turns ver very quickly

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 29, 2017
Totally new to all of this so I'm sorry in advance. I found a bunch of cards from when I was younger and only found one like this and can't find it anywhere on line. Is it worth anything?

Attachments

• 0128172358.jpg
    0128172358.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 15, 2022
Totally new to all of this so I'm sorry in advance. I found a bunch of cards from when I was younger and only found one like this and can't find it anywhere on line. Is it worth anything?

It's not from the TCG so I'm not sure where to begin with appraising it, are there any copyrights/trademarks on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back