• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokemon New Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
Hello

I Created the game and i help map too i help plot and maybe other stuff other than that don't know. i need help with the game.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
I'm editing the tiles as we speak, I'm going with more natural colors Kylodove used. I think it'll look really nice once all the tiles match.

alright, cool. thats good. looking forward to when they match.

I Created the game and i help map too i help plot and maybe other stuff other than that don't know. i need help with the game.

wait...DUDE. the game isnt made, so you didnt create anything but the title and those couple sentences of a piece of a plot o.o. thats why i said you need to make the plot before you try and make the game. right now, as the creator, youve done significantly less than those helping you. game creation isnt a job that has supervisors. everyone on the team needs to do a fair share, otherwise they run the risk of being booted from the team in the long run. do some desiging, character design, new items [make sure they're useful if you do that though], SOMETHING, but if you cant script, you have no plot, and youre doing the mapping [which isnt much to be honest], then there needs to be SOMETHING else youre doing. if the people on your team are fine with it, then oh well, thats fine by me. im just saying i find it a bit unfair for you to eventually just end up supervising, and that eventually if people actually do come along and help, you may very well get dropped from the team if you dont start really crackin down and helpin out big time, not just the mapping and the plot.

thats just my view on the matter, take it or leave it. good luck with the game either way

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
Creator

I Came Up With The Ida For The Game I Am Mapping To And Helping Do The Plot Like I Said SYSTEM CRASH Plus i not that good at plotting.

Please give me a break.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
I Came Up With The Ida For The Game I Am Mapping To And Helping Do The Plot Like I Said SYSTEM CRASH Plus i not that good at plotting.

Please give me a break.

firstly, i said you can take it or leave it. i was giving my point of view. you dont HAVE to listen to what i said.

secondly, there isnt any idea yet, besides a generic story that can be Mad Libbed to fit most of the other Pokemon games Nintendo has already made. i asked about every part of your plot but you didnt ANSWER any of it. what does a system crash have to do with that? if you had the plot in the first place, you should still be able to answer any questions that are asked about it. im doing all of the the mapping for my game, which is why i can say thats not exactly a big deal, and youre getting HELP with the mapping. what are you gonna do when the mapping is done? because the mapping shouldnt take very long compared to the other parts of the game. its just about the easiest part of the process, ignoring the fact that having a good eye for aesthetics is necessary. if youre not good at plotting [yet say youre helping with the plot], you came up with the idea of the game [which is less detailed than it should be] and youre only doing PART of the mapping, theres not much that youre visibly doing. therefore, find something else to do, like come up with something to give the game its own personality, like some sort of new items that are actually useful or features that actually help the game.

i cant give you a break when i havent given you anything all that challenging. i only gave my opinion of what you might want to think about, its up to you whether you want to actually take that opinion into consideration or not. stop saying SYSTEM CRASH every time i ask about something, because my entire game got erased and i started from scratch, so i can personally say a system crash is no excuse. okay, your system crashed. we get it. move on and rebuild from what you have, even if what you have is nothing.

Last edited:

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
Sorry...

Okay I have taken your advice and will update the post in the next couple of days. Secondly If you, Brokennote think you can help make the game better, with advice or anything feel free to do. Last but not least I have been busy lately so I haven't had much time to do anything, but I am trying my best to learn Rgss so I can help a little more with the game. So clearly as you can see I am trying my best to make my game better, and I am not trying to let my teammates do all the work.

Sorry if any of this Insults you.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
Okay I have taken your advice and will update the post in the next couple of days. Secondly If you, Brokennote think you can help make the game better, with advice or anything feel free to do. Last but not least I have been busy lately so I haven't had much time to do anything, but I am trying my best to learn Rgss so I can help a little more with the game. So clearly as you can see I am trying my best to make my game better, and I am not trying to let my teammates do all the work.

Sorry if any of this Insults you.

firstly, none of it insulted me at all. its actually exactly what i asked for because you finally answered a few of my questions instead of saying "system crash".

secondly, this wouldve been shorter if you had answered like this earlier.

thirdly, i already gave you my advice in the form of those questions about the features.
Features:
Unique Regions [Unique how? Is there something extremely different that makes this region "unique" and special, or did you really just mean to say that it would be a NEW region?]
Unique Plot [You seemingly haven't even made your plot yet, so if I were you, I wouldn't promise this until I had the plot actually written out.]
New Character's [There's new characters in each new generation of Pokemon games. What makes these a new feature?]
New Team [Once again, what makes them a new feature? What does the team actually want to accomplish? What are they doing? How are you expected to stop them?]
No Fakemon [That's less of a feature, more of an absence of a feature, but seeing as people will eventually ask anyway if you don't list it, I can see why you'd list it here.]
5Th Gen Pokemon Too! [So I can assume you're going to wait a year and a half to program these in, since you'll need to wait for Nintendo to release Black and White before you can get their actual Dex Entries?]
Travel to The Hoenn Region To Uncover Secret's. [WHAT secrets? Why are we going to Hoenn? Is it a part of the story, that helps the story actually progress, or is it just a random feature you decided to put in?]
Low Level Guardians. [This isn't really a good thing, at least with how you've stated it. What I can understand from this, is that, in your game, the legendaries, which are usually the most powerful Pokemon in the game and the hardest to catch, have been weakened. Wouldn't that basically take a way from the challenge, and in turn, interest in your game? Why would I want a game where i just walk around tossing Pokeball's left and right, catching whatever I want, without any challenge at all?]
Touch Screen (Hopefully) [For what? The touch screen on DPP/HGSS games is because those games are on the DS, which has a second screen made for that purpose, so if they didn't use the touch screen, it'd just make the bottom half of the DS useless and pointless. On a computer/tablet/laptop, there's one screen. Now, even if you're thinking of only having one screen that happens to be useable with the mouse, that's also more of a hassle than a helpful feature. The original games were all button-controlled only, no touch screen. If you put in the touch screen, it will just create extra work in which the player has to reach from their keyboard, to their mouse, and back to their keyboard. Now, unless you have a VERY good, thought out plan as to what to use the touchscreen for, I suggest not including that in your game until you CAN think of a purpose for it.]
Shadow Pokemon [Once again, WHY? What part do they play in the story? Do they have something to do with the Evil Team of your game? Can they be caught and Purified? Are they in both the normal world AND the dark world, or just the dark world?]
Dark World. [W-h-y? What part does it play in the story, if any at all? Why are we going there? What and/or who is in there that we so badly need to go to the dark world?]
More Coming

just work on developing your plot a whole lot more and make sure you can answer those questions and you should be a lot better off.

all my posts were just meant to challenge you and help make your game better. all of those were my advice. just read them over in that way, and you have my advice.

MegaNew

Pokémon Unetta Owner
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2011
The map looks so ... It just doesnt match. You have D/P trees with hg/ss buildings? I really dont like those flowers. This makes the game un appealing

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
Getting There

Okay Elarmasecreta is editing the tilesets to fit everything okay?

Again ANYONE who is GOOD at

Spriting
Scripting
Music
PixilArt

Please PM or VM me.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
I feel like I have to apologize for the map I posted earlier, I've put together tiles meant for different games and it looked horrible, so sorry for that. I'm working on new tiles for buildings.

Anyway, I've got a mapshot ready for the first town, along with some other ingame screenshots. The new building tiles I'm working on aren't meant for this town, so I used the tiles Kyledove provided us. The lab has been recolored to fit in with the rest, I might replace it, but that's still uncertain.

Spoiler:

MegaNew

Pokémon Unetta Owner
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2011
I feel like I have to apologize for the map I posted earlier, I've put together tiles meant for different games and it looked horrible, so sorry for that. I'm working on new tiles for buildings.

Anyway, I've got a mapshot ready for the first town, along with some other ingame screenshots. The new building tiles I'm working on aren't meant for this town, so I used the tiles Kyledove provided us. The lab has been recolored to fit in with the rest, I might replace it, but that's still uncertain.

Spoiler:
Thats better :) the lab needs to be removed though, love how u added fog

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
in response to your visitor message asking for me to check out your thread again:

okay, ive read your updated storyline, and i like what youre trying to go for. it actually is unique from usual stories.

but how do you actually plan on implementing the storyline into your game? according to your storyline, wont the player have to do a bunch of environmentalist and "Good Samaritan" sidequests just to find shaymin? without scripters yet, are you sure itll be possible to pull off the specifics of this storyline?

also, you still need to work the reasons for going to hoenn and the dark world into the plot, or else they'll be pointless busy work and sidequests.

also, sorry but theres not much i can do with actually joining your team. i could map if i werent busy, but im currently working on my own game, and its hard enough to resist procrastinating on that as it is haha. i would if i could though.

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
Kay

Brokenxnote, I will in fact have sidequest that you will need to do for the games progress. Also here's an update about hoenn, and the dark world.

Hoenn: Around mid-game a Newscast will go out about an extinct race of pokemon has been found In hoenn and the professer wants you to research them.

The reverse world: The reverse world will be linked to the real world so if in the real world there's, say a rock slide, blocking the way you would look around for a portal and solve a puzzle to clear it ot the way. And will also play a huge part in the plot of the game.

Okay I will update the post with a new design and info, also I know this is fail but how do you make events like rock smash and cut events.

Greatly in need of
Scripters
Anyone

Okay also if you know a scripter can you tell me about them?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
Brokenxnote, I will in fact have sidequest that you will need to do for the games progress. Also here's an update about hoenn, and the dark world.

Hoenn: Around mid-game a Newscast will go out about an extinct race of pokemon has been found In hoenn and the professer wants you to research them.

The reverse world: The reverse world will be linked to the real world so if in the real world there's, say a rock slide, blocking the way you would look around for a portal and solve a puzzle to clear it ot the way. And will also play a huge part in the plot of the game.

Okay I will update the post with a new design and info, also I know this is fail but how do you make events like rock smash and cut events.

Greatly in need of
Scripters
Anyone

Okay also if you know a scripter can you tell me about them?

no can do. im looking for one for my project too. they all seem busy for some reason...lol

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
Agree

I agree with you everyones busy. You ask someone and sorry working on my game. I'm thinking of learning rgss myself look at CNG's tuts they're quite good.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
EEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW
It's It's It's SO LINEAR!

Kyza

MMORPG Game Developer
Years
Well im a game Dev... For MMO.. before you try making a consol game you should always start with a MMO... It costs less and you can get heaps of players and make it worldwide.

Im god at scripting... and sorta good at pixel art...

But...you should make an MMO first on the internet.. I can help heaps by.
•Scriptig
•Art
•Forums
•Chat
•Trade system
ect.

All that for free...

So you want to make the MMO?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back