• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What system will you play B2/W2 on?

What system will you play Black2 and White 2 on?

• DS Phat (original)

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • DS Lite

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • DSi

Votes: 22 17.3%
  • DSi XL

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • 3DS

Votes: 52 40.9%
  • 3DS XL

Votes: 8 6.3%

• Total voters

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I chose the 3DS option, but I can imagine myself occasionally playing it on my DS Lite due to the better quality. :>

Minato Arisato

Memento mori...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
I'll play the game using my old DS Lite. It still works great, it's a nifty blue color, and I really don't have the cash to buy a 3DS at the moment.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Probably DSLite. I'd play it on my 3DS, but I don't like how the graphics for DS games are slightly stretched. My Black and White versions look terrible on the 3DS.

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
Years
I use my 3DS, simply because I got used to it now. I still have my DS Lite but I just don't use it anymore.

3DS.jpg

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
Years
Both 3DS and DS lite.

Meaning.. whatever is charged at the moment/whatever I take with me/ whatever I feel like at the moment xD

Years
I'll play Black 2 and White 2 on the 3DS, mostly. Since I also do have a DS Lite, I'll be using that whenever I need to make a trade or something. >.>

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Likely on my brother's or sister's DS Lite unless I am forced to play it on mine. The hinges on mine are terrible so I try to avoid using it when possible haa.

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
I'll probably be playing on my DSi since it's the DS I own that's in the best condition. The hinge on my DS Lite is slightly damaged and the touch screen doesn't work too well either. My DS Phat has some slight hinge damage as well but I can't be bothered to look for it's charger. My DSi's L and R buttons aren't working too well with the R button working slightly better. I need to get a new DS soon before they all become unplayable.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
I'm playing on my DSi, I have the cash to buy a 3DS right now but I don't play too many Nintendo games besides Pokemon so it's not really worth it in my opinion, at least until the next main stream game comes out then i'll buy it, or just get it for Christmas this year, besides my DSi is in perfect condition.

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2015
3ds, or my sister's dsi when I want to bug her or she's playing mariokart7

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I will begin on my 3Ds mostly cause I want the *system* to keep track of my playing time (I know strange reason).
Though I might switch to my DS lite whenever I want better quality.

Years
I'll be playing it for now on my DSi XL.. maybe if I get one for Christmas it will be on a 3DS or 3DS XL

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Ok just 1 more Q then, why didn't the JPN B / W2 games ply in my DS or DSi??
I just noticed this question. My bad.

It's probably because your DS/DSi are region locked. Meaning if you own a non-Japanese DS/DSi any imported games won't work. Though I think the original DS isn't region-locked , but I'm not sure on that. If it's not then I'm not sure what's the problem.

Am I allowed to say that ill be playing my Black Version2 on my 3DS XL on here?

I don't see why not. :P

Back