• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ones That Got Away

Santalune Forest

Oh dear, he's here
Years
No one above me seemed to need Pokemon picked. Sorry if I broke the rules on accident.
Username: Santalune Forest

Game: Pokemon Diamond

Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Sorry about length.

Parameters:
1. Please do not pick any more than 2 pokemon that share the same type. Basically, I can have a Luxray and a Electrode, but adding on an Electabuz is a bit much.
2. Please try and make the team as unbalanced as possible. Make it difficult for me.

Mode: Expert. Catch Girantina without a Master Ball.

Last edited:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
No one above me seemed to need Pokemon picked. Sorry if I broke the rules on accident.
Username: Santalune Forest

Game: Pokemon Diamond

Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Sorry about length.

Parameters:
1. Please do not pick any more than 2 pokemon that share the same type. Basically, I can have a Luxray and a Electrode, but adding on an Electabuz is a bit much.
2. Please try and make the team as unbalanced as possible. Make it difficult for me.

Mode: Expert. Catch Girantina without a Master Ball.

Waiting for 3 hours wow.

Bidoof(actually really helpful, used one in diamond myself.)
Budew
Bronzor
Snover
Shellos(PIIIIIIIIIIIINK)
Murkrow

Btw playing Diamond without a fire type really is expert mode. .-.

Santalune Forest

Oh dear, he's here
Years
Waiting for 3 hours wow.

Bidoof(actually really helpful, used one in diamond myself.)
Budew
Bronzor
Snover
Shellos(PIIIIIIIIIIIINK)
Murkrow

Btw playing Diamond without a fire type really is expert mode. .-.
Thanks a ton for replying. It was beginning to get annoying waiting for a response. My question is, where do I post updates? Do I just keep posting them or do I edit my original post?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
So I fell off the face of the Earth when it came to challenges, but been inkling to do this one, just gonna drop my last sign up cause it was months ago, and I find I enjoy gen 3's remakes of gen 1 significantly more than I do Gen 4. Especially since I started playing with the trainer data and editing the elite 4 to make them significantly harder. And I learned of two of my new favorite pokemon to use from the random pokemon challenge (Muk and Magneton) so maybe I'll strike lightning here too. But on to the Elite 4 Round 2 because I like making things difficult for myself!

Username: Darkhelmet
Game: FireRed (Elite 4 modified to make them more difficult, more balanced teams, and better movesets)
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters: All 4 main HMs covered please, no more than 2 of the same type if possible. 6 pokemon. Don't worry about when you obtain them, as I will be using cheat codes so they appear in the wild in the first route.
Mode: Not patient with catching legendaries, so no expert mode for me. But making it a personal goal to beat the second round of the Elite 4

EDIT: If it makes any difference, I am also altering the game so that every battle is a double battle. Since I'll have 6 pokemon on me at all times, I shouldn't miss any trainers because of it. Someone earlier in this thread or the random pokemon thread pointed out the idea and it sounds fun and different XD

Last edited:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
So I fell off the face of the Earth when it came to challenges, but been inkling to do this one, just gonna drop my last sign up cause it was months ago, and I find I enjoy gen 3's remakes of gen 1 significantly more than I do Gen 4. Especially since I started playing with the trainer data and editing the elite 4 to make them significantly harder. And I learned of two of my new favorite pokemon to use from the random pokemon challenge (Muk and Magneton) so maybe I'll strike lightning here too. But on to the Elite 4 Round 2 because I like making things difficult for myself!

Game: FireRed (Elite 4 modified to make them more difficult, more balanced teams, and better movesets)
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters: All 4 main HMs covered please, no more than 2 of the same type if possible. 6 pokemon. Don't worry about when you obtain them, as I will be using cheat codes so they appear in the wild in the first route.
Mode: Not patient with catching legendaries, so no expert mode for me. But making it a personal goal to beat the second round of the Elite 4

EDIT: If it makes any difference, I am also altering the game so that every battle is a double battle. Since I'll have 6 pokemon on me at all times, I shouldn't miss any trainers because of it. Someone earlier in this thread or the random pokemon thread pointed out the idea and it sounds fun and different XD

Dragonite
Clefable
Slowbro
Butterfree
Machamp
Raticate

Edit: Took out Snorlax for Machamp, as I realized there were three normal types.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Username: Venitardus
Game: white
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters: 5-6 pokemon, one flier, one surfer. No more than 2 of the same type
Mode: Normal

Last edited:

Sylvie18

Stray Cat
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 1, 2015
Username: Venitardus
Game: white
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters: 5-6 pokemon, one flier, one surfer. No more than 2 of the same type
Mode: Normal

Does Excadrill, Swanna, Coffragrigas, Bouffalant, Alomomola and Eelectross work for you?

I am noticing a trend with my gym fights on here so far...
Cant wait to use and evole my Rufflet into a Braviary, i just gotta get my hands on a razor claw first > it was hacked to lvl differently in this game since lvl 54 to evolve is..silly <

Yang white
Badges:
50px-Trio_Badge.png
50px-Basic_Badge.png
50px-Insect_Badge.png

Team:
zangoose.gif
Blade lvl 31
M Intimidate
Metal claw - Hone Claws - Cut - Slash
nidoqueen.gif
Xena lvl 39
F Poison Touch
Ancient power - Magnitude - Poison Fang - Strength
grumpig.gif
Krieger lvl 37
M Magic bounce
Hex - Hypnosis - Zen headbutt - Signal beam
mawile.gif
Aria lvl 39
F Cute Charm
Water pulse - Heart Stamp - Swords dance - Crunch
rufflet.gif
Fury lvl 29
M Sheer force
Fly - Hone claws - Faint attack - Aerial ace

Update #3
Spoiler:

- Challenged Burgh:
Spoiler:

Wiped. On the bright side, Aria learnt crunch in the place of bite, its sure to be useful

Burgh rematch:
Spoiler:

Finally took down the bug menace.. now for the next installment!
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Santalune Forest

Oh dear, he's here
Years
Played for a while.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
Dragonite
Clefable
Slowbro
Butterfree
Machamp
Raticate

Edit: Took out Snorlax for Machamp, as I realized there were three normal types.

Challenge accepted! I shall start today and run the ROM through the randomizer, not to actually randomize anything, but thats the only way I know how to turn off Trade Evos...stupid Machamp lol

Santalune Forest

Oh dear, he's here
Years
Update #2
I looked at my time-- 7 hours. I would make a joke about how I need to go outside, but it's January. I refuse to freeze to death.
Spoiler:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Update #2
I looked at my time-- 7 hours. I would make a joke about how I need to go outside, but it's January. I refuse to freeze to death.
Spoiler:

According to Serebi.net you need to have evolution level happiness and level up in the day for Budew.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
So with nothing really to do the past couple of nights after getting home from work, I'm kind of already up to the first round of the Elite 4 XD The double battles in the Elite 4 are proving to be as tough as I'd hope them to be, and it shows what happens when you let friends design the teams with their favorite pokemon. The trainer taking Lorelei's place leads with a Gardevoir and a Raichu and if I kill both of them, likes to switch into a double team of Dragonite and Tyranitar. Fun times had by all.

I will say, the major surprise for me has been Clefable. I've honestly never used her, but just the moveset she can get, I got the Amulet Coin rather early so I was just able to buy a boatload of coins at the Game Corner, and my Clefable is currently rocking a move set of Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, and Shadow Ball. Which is making up for a lot of the types this team doesn't exactly cover. Her special attack power isn't anything to sneeze at either. Either way, will post a roster once I manage to defeat the Elite 4 and the Champion (who I myself designed and am not looking forward to) XD

Santalune Forest

Oh dear, he's here
Years
Update #3:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
Run complete!

Spoiler:

Elite Four v2 downed, the champion having all pokemon in the 70s was all little concerning, but after a long arduous double battle, they were taken down. So let's jump right into team analysis! I'm not going to post their pictures because half of their nicknames are inappropriate because that's what happens when you let friends name pokemon. Friends don't let friends name pokemon.

Spoiler:

So all in all, I managed to get the team through the second round of the Elite 4 at a relatively low level, but that was probably helped by the fact that for some reason I was obnoxiously rich and was able to go into E4 round 2 with 99 Hyper potions and 50 revives. To my credit, I only used about 50 and 20 of those.

But you know what, I wanna do it ALL AGAIN! This team is over, next team!

Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Mode: Not patient with catching legendaries, so no expert mode for me. But making it a personal goal to beat the second round of the Elite 4, not doing all double battles this time.

Last edited:

Sylvie18

Stray Cat
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 1, 2015
Run complete!

But you know what, I wanna do it ALL AGAIN! This team is over, next team!

Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Mode: Not patient with catching legendaries, so no expert mode for me. But making it a personal goal to beat the second round of the Elite 4, not doing all double battles this time.

Then how about Gyarados, Jolteon, Sandslash, Gengar, Fearow and Magmar for your next challenge?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
Accepted! I will build the team tonight or tomorrow and get to work right away!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 9, 2022
This sound like a lot of fun, I'd like to sign up!

Username: MrNeutrino
Game: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver (depends on team given and if I can make it work for Expert mode!) - will confirm in next post.
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters: 6 Pokemon, preferably someone that can surf, I'm not fussed about type combinations. Also, if possible, a team that can be legitimately obtained in one of the 4th gen games would be awesome!
Mode: Expert if possible with team given, otherwise normal - will confirm in next post.

Question: Are we allowed to use ROMs that have been edited to allow for no trade evolutions? (ie, levelling up Onix while he holds Metal Coat would evolve him, that kind of thing). Or even a hack like Storm Silver, where any team could be done on expert mode?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back