• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
i figured it out, ive always wanted to play emerald with the physical special split(seems to be the only hacks i can play lately) but i def cant stand not being able to use potion during battle or have shift battle style so prob wont play anymore unless this is changed. bummed

I don't think that it is going to be changed. Mamamama did that on purpose because he wants to make it hard so that we can train harder.

Alex Night

Charmander Shepard
Years
Pretty nice hack, I'll say. Although I did randomize the starters for my version because... Well, it just seemed boring to play the same starters from the original. Even then, still is a good hack. :chu:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 1, 2018
This looks like a really nice hack but I'm really confused and hoping someone will point me in the right direction. I'm new in this rom patching stuff and idk how to patch the rom from my iphone to the game. It's in a zipped folder when I downloaded it to my Dropbox so I took the patch out with an unzip folder app and I can't get it to work? Sorry if this is a really stupid question I really do want to try this out

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
New update is out!

- Torchic and Charmander are easier to find
- A little bit more Decap
- Ninetales and Politoed now have second abilities other than Drought/Drizzle
- Edited the trainer systems so not every trainer has ability 1 on their Pokemon (You may now face one Tyranitar with Sand Stream and another with Battle Armor in trainer battles)
- Fixed the Status icon (Physical/Special/Status) to its correct colour
- Mawile is given Huge Power
- Probably something else minor that I have forgotten about :)

And the big ones:
- Added the Fairy-type (Called "Cute"-type for now due to icon issues but has the exact same features as the Fairy type)
- Added 39 new moves on top of the old moves and the ones I've added previously bringing the total up to 408 moves!
- Edited every single Pokemon so its level up moveset is similar to Gen VI (with some changes to fit the hack better)
- Fixed so every new move with a custom move effect (such as Quiver Dance and Flame Charge) is compatible with the games AI and the AI will use it appropriately.

New moves and move effects (All have custom animations and descriptions etc.):
Spoiler:

Last edited:

pawell6

The truthseeker
Years
There is a bug with close combat, after opponent's pokemon fainted, the sprite doesn't go down. This might be an issue with others moves, but haven't tested. I think it can be fixed by "goto 0x2D8A47" at the end of the script. Anyway great work.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
I have just uploaded a new download link as there were some serious glitches with a few battle scripts in the last one:

A few new moves would not properly delete the opponents old sprite after it faints, this is now FIXED in the new download. There was also a problem with Rock Smash and Crunch showing the wrong Defense Animation which is now also fixed.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused, if you started playing, simply download this update and put it in the folder where your old file was and name it the same, and you can continue on with the same save file.

I want to give a big thank you to Pawell6 for noticing this little mistake of mine this quickly! Thank you!

While I believe the battle scripts should be fine now, please report if any other glitches come up. I've realised that I made the scripting a bit overly complicated as I was learning by doing, so fixing it now will be very easy and quick.

Last edited:

pawell6

The truthseeker
Years
I noticed that held items on my manectric disapear in mysterious way after thunderbolt or flamethrower is used (or possibly opponent fainted) . This may be something with tm ;-;

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
Thank you Pawell6. I have mixed around with the effects of both those moves so I should be able to find the problem shortly.

Edit: Found the issue! Update should be up shortly. This time, I will have a proper clean up of my earlier-made battle scripts so hopefully no more glitches.

EDIT2: Uploaded yet another update which fixes the disappearing items. Moves where I found the issue in were moves that cause paralyzis, moves that lower opponent's speed, moves that caus burn (except sacred fire, flame wheel, scald, and flare blitz), and flame charge.

Please report any other issue you may find :) Once again, big thanks to Pawell6.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 1, 2014
How do you load the ROM? VisualBoyAdvance can't "see" the file.

I needed to patch the ROM, I didn't understand that. But I downloaded a patcher, but now I'm getting the following error message:

To directly patch source file, a temporary file is being made.
Upon successful patching, the target file will be replaced with this.

Applying patch file 'C:\Users\twig\Downloads\Emerald Omega\Emerald Omega.ups' ...
Reading file 'C:\Users\twig\Downloads\devtools\AdvanceMap 1.92\Pokemon Emerald.gba' ...
Target file is 'C:\Users\twig\Downloads\devtools\AdvanceMap 1.92\Pokemon Emerald.gba.utm' ...
Patch application will take approximately 0 minute(s), 16 second(s).
Please be patient ... UI will not be responsive during this time.

Failed! Input checksum is invalid.

What am I supposed to do now?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
Where to catch Marill? It seems I can't find it.

I'm pretty sure you can find it on the Route between Verdanturf and Mauville (Route 117?). If you battled one, you can check the Pokedex to see its location.

Years
Hey mamamama, I got a Question...
will some 4th Generation Pokemon like Gallade or Hunchcrow be add in the Game?
it be Fun to have them Especially Gallade.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
Im currently in the process of adding 64 New pokemon to the game including all cross gen evolution and other personal favorites of mine. I just have to make all the movesets which takes awhile. The total Will be 450.

Last edited:
Years
Well then Good Luck.
I can't wait for it.

ps. btw will Electro Ball move be add cuz it pretty cool move as it use Speed to exact the damaged (the faster it user the stornger the dameged be).

Last edited:

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
Im currently in the process of adding 64 New pokemon to the game including all cross gen evolution and other personal favorites of mine. I just have to make all the movesets which takes awhile. The total Will be 450.

Yey!~ So gonna be playing this (once I buy a new sd card.) Anyways, do you still intend to add new moves in the future? Surely I'd like to see the max of emerald's rom capabilities in terms of dex, and movetable.. Good Luck!~ and btw, once you're finished with this, what would you do next? just asking :D

Years
Tell the truth, amount the Hacks that related on Emerald in Sideshow Showcase, this is the first Hack taken like it.
Good luck for your Current Hack and Future (if you plan one).

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015

Will Gible's line or Riolu's line be in? Please tell me yes! I love those 2! And really nice work on this hack. It hardly deserves to be in Sideshow Showcase!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
Will Gible's line or Riolu's line be in? Please tell me yes! I love those 2! And really nice work on this hack. It hardly deserves to be in Sideshow Showcase!

Both of those lines are in. Will reveal the other lines as I get closer to finishing. There is a lot of stuff to add such as updated trainer rosters, find places for the new Pokemon in the wild, and edit every single moveset. I will hopefully get some more battle scripting done, too, to get some new moves into the game. Not a lot more moves will be added though as I feel there already is almost more than enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back