• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkShadow

When darkness falls
Years

I already told you to edit it with the same size and with the same palletes. sheesh...

this time, lemme make myself clearer than before...

1. now it's coloured black, export it and open it through MS Paint.
2. With the right/correct palletes, insert your new overworld on the black box in MS Paint.
3. Edit it and Save.
4. Then import it back to the ROM.
5. Done...
Spoiler:

okay but my problem is i want to add a new sprite into the black stuff so them what do i do and i dont got that colour on my paint or my photoshop

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
Alright, quick question, how do you cause a script to occur without talking to someone, like for instance when I step on a tile. I assume it has something to do with 'scripts' within AdvanceMap but I'm not sure how to set them up to differ from normal Person scripts. Thanks!

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Alright, quick question, how do you cause a script to occur without talking to someone, like for instance when I step on a tile. I assume it has something to do with 'scripts' within AdvanceMap but I'm not sure how to set them up to differ from normal Person scripts. Thanks!
Its exactly the same except that you use Script events instead of Person Events, Script Events are dark green.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
But I mean, I obvioulsy wouldn't use Lock and Faceplayer would I? How would the actual script differ? Thanks :)
It wouldn't be any different apart from not having to use Lock and Faceplayer theres no difference. Also if you use boxset 0x2 for people you won't have to use Lock, Faceplayer or Release. A few things won't work if its not a person event for example you won't be able to use 0x800F in applymovement (which is the last person talked). But for most things there will be no difference.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
#ORG $ShowText
message $NoCookie
$NoCookie 1 = What are you looking at?
boxset 6
end

Well I tried that but it just freezes me in position...

Years

I already told you to edit it with the same size and with the same palletes. sheesh...

this time, lemme make myself clearer than before...

1. now it's coloured black, export it and open it through MS Paint.
2. With the right/correct palletes, insert your new overworld on the black box in MS Paint.
3. Edit it and Save.
4. Then import it back to the ROM.
5. Done...
Spoiler:
I've tried this, and when I goto the game, the sprite(I used the Hero)
Disappeared(As in, invisible.)

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
#ORG $ShowText
message $NoCookie
$NoCookie 1 = What are you looking at?
boxset 6
end

Well I tried that but it just freezes me in position...

You need to put 0003 in the first unknown box and 4050 in the var number. This is in the properties for the Script event.

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
Where can i get a working version of Advance Text. I downloaded it, but it says a file is missing or invalid.

If you ask me i would tell you to learn how to script signposts and person talking events, so muck more of a cleaner and easier process. But if you still insist on using it or you need to edit the opening speech then use google, the download link here is gone for some reason.

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
Does anyone know what the garbled mess inbetween the tiles is when you open a ROM in Tile Layer Pro? I'm just kinda curious. This probably isn't right, but if I were to guess, I'd say that it's actually the game's files being displayed in a different way, and so (I'm making this up right off of the top of my head), maybe there's a script that's something like 0010011101011101, and that translates to clear color-black-gray-black-transparent-gray. Am I anywhere close, or am I grasping for straws?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back