• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Avenged

Be greater.
Years
I don't know if this is the right place but I was wondering if someone would help me build a 5th gen team. I'm not entirely good with it yet and I don't know what pokemon are in what tier. Message me if you would like to help. Please and thank you

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
This is wrong, the game can be beaten with the use of only 1 HM (Cut) at the beginning of the game.
In Black/White, HM's are only used to access areas you normally wouldn't come accros, aquire secret items and Access shortcuts to and back of normally accessable areas (Example: access to Giant Chasm).

I thought there was this one spot in Victory Road where you needed Strength to get past (just once, though).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't know if this is the right place but I was wondering if someone would help me build a 5th gen team. I'm not entirely good with it yet and I don't know what pokemon are in what tier. Message me if you would like to help. Please and thank you

This isn't the place, no. Since you're thinking competitively, the best place for this would be competitive battling centre. Try posting a team you may have in mind with movesets and all to get them rated, or post in the sticky within the main forum which allows you to request a moveset for a Pokemon, if not, then you could always join the tutoring program over there which can teach you about different things. I believe they would probably have stickies on which Pokemon are in which tiers there too if you look around, if not then you could try smogon, because they definitely would have extensive coverage.

BDT

On my way to be a MASTER
Years
Pokestation: Right or Wrong?

I may have posted this in the wrong place so im sorry if I did, Im in a rush and want to know if that website is right on what they are doing?

I thought Events (I know ones with ribbons) Are not allowed to go on the GTS, but this site lets you send the event pokemon to the gts so you can trade it?

I hear it's legit but is it wrong/fake way and will it be considered banned on this site if people got the pokemon from that way?

Thanks.

Im not going to put the link there but just type PokeStation and you should find it under datebase.

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Honestly, people shouldn't be penalised just because they can't make it to exclusive events for a myriad of reasons. Besides, you can't tell if they've obtained any Pokémon this way anyway.

BDT

On my way to be a MASTER
Years
I just wanted to know if this method is fine or not before I did it myself.
And would this community ban the people who had the events via this way or not. I dont want to get an even from that site then get told that it's not legit and fake or considered a hack thats all. Im not saying if it's right or wrong. But as I have been away from this site and pokemon news for a while and just heard about this I just wanted to know what the mods/this community/public think of this. If its all fine, well I will be getting them from this site, and it will make things easier for me who do collect Event Pokemon.

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years
I thought that the only way to get Hidden Ability Charizard was a Japanese Event and it was alway male

But someone just offered my a female Hidden Ability Charizard, is it Hacked? :/

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
Years
Is it true there is a Marvelous Bridge battle? How?

Why-how, which ones (if known), do hidden items reset?
I just collected the Striaton Balm Mushroom & Nuvema Town 'Dowsing Machine troll blip' again.

I thought that the only way to get Hidden Ability Charizard was a Japanese Event and it was alway male

But someone just offered my a female Hidden Ability Charizard, is it Hacked? :/

Should be a hacked one. Even if Dream Ball'd. Ouchies.
Region starters of hidden ability are always male and in Dream Ball and of Entralink related 'capture location'.

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2012

You can battle Ace trainer Glinda on the Marvelous bridge. In Black, it is a triple battle; in White, it is a rotation battle.

She is in the east entrance. She will say she is researching Rotation/Triple Battles. All you have to do is agree to battle.

Years

Why-how, which ones (if known), do hidden items reset?
I just collected the Striaton Balm Mushroom & Nuvema Town 'Dowsing Machine troll blip' again.

Should be a hacked one. Even if Dream Ball'd. Ouchies.
Region starters of hidden ability are always male and in Dream Ball and of Entralink related 'capture location'.

would you be able to breed a charizard with a hacked dream world ability and get a DW offspring?

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
would you be able to breed a charizard with a hacked dream world ability and get a DW offspring?

As long as the Charizard is female, then yes, but the offspring will still be considered hacked.

Is there any site where I can view an up-to-date list of all catchable Pokemon in the wild in the Dream World?

Bulbapedia is usually pretty up to date

Last edited:

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years

It doesn't look like Bulbapedia has that info; Serebii is where I usually go.

Actually it does, you just have to go to the individual pages for the dream world areas. I like it because it gives more information than Smogon or Serebii.
Here they are:
Pleasant Forest
Windswept Sky
Sparkling Sea

But then again, it doesn't include the events, so you'd probably have to look elsewhere for that.

BDT

On my way to be a MASTER
Years
So does PokeStation considered to be a hack/fake if you get there Pokemon from there or is it ok to use?

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
So does PokeStation considered to be a hack/fake if you get there Pokemon from there or is it ok to use?

It depends on whether or not the Pokémon you get from there is hacked or legitimate. Sites like that use something called .pkm files. If the Pokémon was not modified before being converted into a .pkm file, then it should be OK to use. If it was modified, then it would be considered a hack. I've also noticed that on that website they have an online Pokésav. Any Pokémon you get or create from there will be considered a hack.

Just to be safe though, I personally wouldn't use any of their services. I'd rather acquire my own Pokémon through breeding and trading.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years

It depends on whether or not the Pokémon you get from there is hacked or legitimate. Sites like that use something called .pkm files. If the Pokémon was not modified before being converted into a .pkm file, then it should be OK to use. If it was modified, then it would be considered a hack. I've also noticed that on that website they have an online Pokésav. Any Pokémon you get or create from there will be considered a hack.

Just to be safe though, I personally wouldn't use any of their services. I'd rather acquire my own Pokémon through breeding and trading.

PokeStation runs a fake Wi-Fi event site for people who couldn't attend the actual events. The Pokemon they give out are based on the number of votes for the specified event and are replicas of Pokemon given away at the events. It's up to you to decide if this is a hack or not--the site functions similarly to the way official events run (and distribute official-looking Pokemon), but isn't official. However, they make and transmit them the same way the events do, so there's really no difference except who is giving them out.

It's a nice idea for players who live in areas without events (since their Wi-Fi is global), but it gets out of hand because you can get infinite of any Pokemon they are currently giving out on one cartridge. But then again, what's stopping you from bringing more than one cart to an actual event?

However, it's generally good form to avoid redistributing / trading the Pokemon. PokeStation was made to help players obtain events they couldn't get normally, not give you bargaining chips for other valued Pokemon. You are intended to keep what you get for yourself--not depreciate the value of everyone else's hard-earned event Pokemon. Plus, the added kind-of controversy about it should be avoided too. So yeah, keep them for yourself, train them, battle with them, breed them, but don't trade them.

Last edited:

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
A Torterra Faster than a Garchomp?!?!

So I have been playing the battle subway for a while, I passed way too much unfair battles and really annoying ones too. The opponents are like always better in advantage and stats. However I wasn't teased enough until I reached my 64 battle at the Super-Multi. I had a Garchomp! He had a Torterra! You know, that freaking slow moving forest! As the first round we were heading to attack, the freaking Torterra attacked first!!! HOW! So Slow! And faster than a Garchomp?!? What annoys me most is that my garchomp is a Hasty Nature MEANING HIS SPEED HAS A BONUS TOO. So how on Earth can that Torterra start First! If you'd Like to know the move he used it was "Wood Hammer", I've read it online and it doesn't strike first. I've seen many unfair treatments in the battle subway but this CROSSED THE LINE. Can someone explain WHY? :@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back