• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cognitive Dissonance

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
Your inner dialogue goes something like this.

I think I'm going to do it. I think I'm actually going to spend the <x amount> hours it takes to get this Pokemon.

I can't believe I've gotten to the point where this is an acceptable use of my time. I could be reading a book or buying a drink for a pretty new person in my life.

Time to get cracking, I guess.

Shit, why did I spend all that time on this?

What does your most recent episode of cognitive dissonance look like?

I'll offer the first. Today I am going to restart my Pokemon Y playthrough to get a perfect Zapdos. An entire 20-40 hour game, just for one Pokemon. I have come to the conclusion that I really, really want one for VGC battles, as they are just far too versatile to ignore. And! I will most likely need to soft reset hundreds of times to get one with Hidden Power Ice.

GoldLuxray

Intermediately Experienced Player
Years
I spent days breeding teo perfect pokemon for a tagteam duo. slaking, and Gallade. skill swap a huge power off diggersby. Diggersby uses u-turn. Skill swap huge power onto slaking.

Nidorina of Time Lord

Waiting for the Sun to come...
Years
A couple days ago, I randomly decided I would breed a Korean Bellossom and English Vileplume until I got a shiny...

I'm still hatching eggs. I have no idea why I decided to do this. I have a shiny and a shiny Bellossom already. But the babies are all in these weird balls with camouflage at the top, so maybe someone will appreciate that, plus they have an egg move.

GoldLuxray

Intermediately Experienced Player
Years
A couple days ago, I randomly decided I would breed a Korean Bellossom and English Vileplume until I got a shiny...

I'm still hatching eggs. I have no idea why I decided to do this. I have a shiny and a shiny Bellossom already. But the babies are all in these weird balls with camouflage at the top, so maybe someone will appreciate that, plus they have an egg move.

I have a shiny vileplume if you want to trade,
Not one of my favourites but its shiny nontheless

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years

What you're looking at there is a Generation IV Safari Ball. Some of my Tyranitar are in that ball because Larvitar was a Safari Zone 'mon back in HGSS.

balls_zpsczal9zgc.jpg

On the plus side for my issue, I got to delete boxes and boxes full of breedject eggs I couldn't be bothered to hatch.

Glad I've switched to releasing my breedjects.

Back