• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
I have encountered a problem. Jess and Jamie took my Pokemon and I can't figure out how to retrieve them. This is in Fuschia City

Years
my cuz iz looking for glitches i found one before he did hehehe
anyway it is on i forgot the name of the town but its that sea port town no not the lighthouse one but u can bike on the water there

sry delete this if you want to but i play pokemoncrater same name but the site seems to be down... for good

and i agree with chatot zel should change it to The train is under construction

Last edited:

Naruto Namikaze

Doing Whats Never Been Done
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2023
this game is awsome luv the music

i just started playing this 2 weeks ago i herd about it a long time ago i never imagined it would get this far thanx zel for giving us this great game/hack

Years
arrrh i cant get hacks working on the mac...i have a chance to play it on a windows so i cant wait. It doesnt really matter though i just wait for the amazing updates zel does :)

Forced

---------------
Years
mmm, im playing shiny gold right now on my psp.
:)

greatest hack ever.
good work zelly.
keep it up.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Oh, a post full of bugs. Let's see how many ones I can explain as tester of the game.

- When challenged to a trainer battle, hero's overworld does not orient to face the challenger.

In Fire Red it doesn't happen too.

- Upon battling Rival before ILEX FOREST, Rival's icon in the ensuing character bar appears as a question mark (mentioned before, I believe, but no fix possible?).

Known, doesn't know if that can be fixed.

- Trainer pre-battle "challenge" music is always the sinister theme regardless of the trainer being fought, all the way up to Route 35, where I am now in the game. One exception is when facing a female ROCKET GRUNT in SLOWPOKE WELL, the script of whom was redone after most of the other trainers were completed, and OFFICERs around GOLDENROD. This even applies to TRICK HOUSE trainers.

Known, Zel thinks it's a problem of the people id. used.

- GOLDENROD CITY RADIO TOWER plays the Rocket/Evil music even on first time entering (when it is peaceful).

Actually it has the evil theme ALWAYS >.< And I hate it!!! Guess there is no way still to script the music.

- I believe the SPEAROW given by the guard on ROUTE 35 is nicknamed "KENYA."

And it doesn't belong to you, either -you appear as its OT-. But there is still no way to improve the script.

- I have also encountered the name truncation bug after saving normally (through the menu) on Route 30, where I first noticed my Pokemon gaining "boosted" EXP points during battle. This is my first time encountering such a bug. No other "bad ROM" bugs whatsoever have ever applied to me with respect to SG or any other FR hack I've played on this forum.

Mysteries of the game. I found two bad eggs in my PC when in Fuchsia.

- Person in GOLDENROD DEPT. STORE still mentions "PokeGear" (perhaps others?):
pokegear.png

Ups.

- Inappropriate scene-cut image when entering certain areas (e.g. Dark Cave):
darkcave_enter.png

Known, no known way to fix it.

Item screen image for POKEBEEPER (perhaps other key items) seems wrong:
pokebeeper.png

None of the key items images have been modified.

About the three first tile problems, well, zel doesn't care about it until the last release ^^"
But none of them seem too serious, there are other ones much more evident.

- AIDE in VIOLET CITY Pokemon Center walks through hero's overworld after relinquishing the egg:
walkthru.png

Actually there is a way to fix it, but it's kinda long. I will tell zel and see what does he think.

- It is possible to overshoot SPROUT TOWER stairs, showing the hero moving one tile beyond the stairs in his ascend/descend:
overshoot.png

Really old, since B1.

The train thing has already been discussed, and the labels in the maps are a complete mystery for me. And the gramatical errors... well, they are easy to fix.

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Sigh... So... Many... Posts... Cannot breath... Eyes... Hurt... O.o

Oh well, I will repeat it once more AVOID THE BUGS REPORTS, I know you people are anxious and that, but, since I will ignore them and by the time I post my own list, I'll probably lose your posts, then avoid posting them. Please... OK?

oh yah if you got time their are a few things i'd like to ask you. Mostly it will just help me get this walkthrough done quicker. (I've found some stuff on some maps that i would like to know about since its giving me numerous headaches while trying to get them ready to use for the walkthrough)

Sure thing, whenever you have something to ask me, just PM me ('cause maybe it could be stuff that wouldn't be convenient to ask me posting on the thread)

The new music is a little fuzzy.

I warned everyone! Dont play it on full volume, I'm still not used to changing BGMs... I'll improve with the time ;)

No he didn't but at level ten my name is gol and my totodile won't obey maybe change the name..

Well, I really dont know what could be the cause for this. The "sudden name change" and the "all my TMs dissappeared" are the two biggest mysteries in the game... Really dont know, may be anything...

Well, as Went stated, it was a little strange that you had the same name as "the real" Maxim, so, maybe I should PM him about what he thinks about you. Because back then, he did the exact same thing, which is kinda surprising (and it'd be weird if it were him again, because we sorted our differences and even though he may not exactly support them, he understood that my hack's idea is not to strictly copy every aspect of the original Gold... That'd be pretty boring, and, as Sonny X said if you so much want to play Pokemon Gold without changes, the best bet is to play it on your Gameboy Color ;))
By the way, as they were just saying, dont expect Nintendo to give a 100% exact remake if they get to release a remake of Gold for the DS...

But, don't worry. I'll change my attitude, unlike that time, and I'll only reply that if you think this hack is not filling your expectatives, then search others, because, none of your critics will bring, unfortunately since I'm a stubborn person, any changes into Shiny Gold in the future. But still, at least I appreciate that you dedicated some time to write all that (even if a big part was just a copy of the real Maxim's post)

And Zel, I'm only just started B5, but from what I've seen so far, I just love the new tileset. The little imperfections on the ground were perfect.

Well, I hopefully expect for the next Beta to start applying all the new knowledge and maybe the upcoming tools to perfectionate my scripts (I think everyone wants that, even me :D), so as I always like to say: "there's always room for improvment" :laugh:

OK people, I suggest you all to calm down a little, if you want me to keep track of your posts (again, avoid the bugs posts... gimme time to update my really old first post!)

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
Years
Zel, this idiot is not me. My english vocabulary is not as rich as his. I believe it's someone from Platinum. But it's not me. Don't worry Zel, the real Maxim supports you.

And if I really was to criticize you, I wouldn't omit the sunken ship idea (one of my least favourite ideas of yours). This guy didn't mention that at all. He even reused the words I used to criticize you. He's either one of my friends playing a joke on me, or a plain shitass (or my clone sent from past/future O_o).

Last edited:

chub1230c

Sceptile always with me...
Years
I just finished playing B5, it was awesome!!!
thats all i can say~
added many new stories that SGC dont have....^^
hope zel will complete the rest of it soon^^
& add more secret path like the one in the park^^
we support u,zel~

(i think everyone has his/her right to have own opinion~so leave he alone^^)

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
KK. hold the bug reports and pm you about the stuff im wondering about.

i'll take a few more looks at the maps then i'll pm ya the questions i have.

anyway for those that are having problems with the music

perhaps you should change the sound settings to improve the sound? might try changing the khz settings (and for those that use vba try messing around with the echo settings. i havn't tried them yet but it might help)

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
awesome game but I'm not gonna get too attached because I'm gonna have to start over again for the next beta so I hope the final version comes soon! Great job though

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
EDIT: And I thought you said you were remixing the music,not ripping it grom Gold directly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2weKQewFx0

Hmmm... Have you noticed that on that video the music was inserted OVER the video (you can even listen to a Rattata's cry when entering the battle with the Sudo), you really got confused there... :P

This reminds me that I hope to see birthofdna around here soon... :)

At the first page?
Anyway zel: This is amzing.. i just got my 4 badges, and my team is faligator at level 38 and a chemeleon is at 19! Thats just my dream team so far! Thanks for making it posebel!

Well, I'm not sure if talking about your teams on the game could be considered as spam, but, just in case, don't do it ;)

And before someone starts asking about how many more Betas will be till it's finished, remember that on a B6 you'd reach Mt.Silver (and finish the normal version of Gold), on B7 I'll implement all the remaining legendaries events and add something more of adventure, and after that maybe a few bugfixes till we can officially say that it doesnt have bugs.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
meh i just remembered something...

are we going to be able to trade between sg and r/s/e? that was something that was bothering me... i know that all pokemon will be catchable on sg but... its just that fr/lg can trade with r/s/e with both plates... do you plan to add an event that will enable trading with r/s/e or do you not plan to have the game being able to trade with r/s/e?

Also i've just gotten the stuff i needed to ask you figured out so i'll just finish up in the pm.

edit - to betapokemon master

change the save settings onm the emulator to flash 128k.

heres how you do it

options - emulator- save type - flash 128k

edit2 - to virtual charot

After you beat the e4 the game has to save using the games save function in order to work properly. using the sgm saves won't work for this.

Years
well i do but that will not let you continue onto kanto:\

but wen i didnt go to a pokemon center and died i went to blaine's gym O.o

Last edited:
Back