• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokémon Prototype

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
Years
Hey everyone, check out the first big preview of Pokémon Prototype featuring the first several maps and four all new music tracks!

Prototype Preview

It looks smooth it looks nice just Wow!
the music is great too!
I love the route music!

I will definitely support this hack!
the grapics just bring back the memory's of my first pokemon game {<3}

Ahh the memorys of my good old pal : Pokemon Red:)
naybe one of the best games I have ever had!

Raj

Pokemon Master
Years
Hey everyone, check out the first big preview of Pokémon Prototype featuring the first several maps and four all new music tracks!

Prototype Preview
It look's incredible that's for sure, I definately like the first music track, and while the 2nd one is good as well I think I will likely turn it off fairly quickly since it sounds like it would grate me if i was forced to listen to for a while.

The third sound track is one I love.
It is upbeat and catchy and makes me want to play the game. :) (Am I the only one who thinks the smiley emoticon looks weird?)

The forth is one I like as well.

Also is there really only 4 sound tracks?
Because I hear more than 4 of them?

The 5th is good for a Pokemon Center, not one I am a really a fan of, but I dount I will be spending enough time in a Pokemon center to matter.

Danny-E 33

The Loneliest Cubone
Years
  • Seen yesterday
It looks smooth it looks nice just Wow!
the music is great too!
I love the route music!

I will definitely support this hack!
the grapics just bring back the memory's of my first pokemon game {<3}

Ahh the memorys of my good old pal : Pokemon Red:)
naybe one of the best games I have ever had!
Thanks a lot! I'm glad you're liking it!!
and while the 2nd one is good as well I think I will likely turn it off fairly quickly since it sounds like it would grate me if i was forced to listen to for a while.
I'm sorry to hear that. Are you talking about the Route 1 theme?

Also is there really only 4 sound tracks?
Because I hear more than 4 of them?
What do you mean? The four new songs are Pallet Town, Route 1, Viridian City, and Pokecenter. What else are you hearing?
The 5th is good for a Pokemon Center, not one I am a really a fan of, but I dount I will be spending enough time in a Pokemon center to matter.
I'm sorry to hear that. What do you mean 5th?

Raj

Pokemon Master
Years
I'm sorry to hear that. Are you talking about the Route 1 theme?
Nope, that one is my favorite. :)
I rewatched the video and this time did not skip any parts.
I was actually talking about the Pallet town one ironically enough,

What do you mean? The four new songs are Pallet Town, Route 1, Viridian City, and Pokecenter. What else are you hearing?
I'm sorry to hear that. What do you mean 5th?
I rewatched the video and this time did not skip any parts apperently due to my skipping leaving me at a bad part in the Pallet town theme, due to the change in song I assumed it was an entirely new one. Rewatching it showed that I was wrong though. (My bad)

Danny-E 33

The Loneliest Cubone
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Nope, that one is my favorite. :)
I rewatched the video and this time did not skip any parts.
I was actually talking about the Pallet town one ironically enough,

I rewatched the video and this time did not skip any parts apperently due to my skipping leaving me at a bad part in the Pallet town theme, due to the change in song I assumed it was an entirely new one. Rewatching it showed that I was wrong though. (My bad)
I see. So it is the second half of the Pallet Town theme that you are not fond of?
Do you have specific advice on how to make it better?

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
WOW DAN !!! the preview of this hack is amazing !!!! I love the new soundtracks !!!! I really am looking forward to the final version of your hack !! do not quit man or else... :P just kiddin !!! Btw are you going to add a new soundtrack for the wild pokemon theme ?

Danny-E 33

The Loneliest Cubone
Years
  • Seen yesterday
WOW DAN !!! the preview of this hack is amazing !!!! I love the new soundtracks !!!! I really am looking forward to the final version of your hack !! do not quit man or else... :P just kiddin !!!
Thanks! I'm glad you like it! And don't worry, I'm not quitting! :D
Btw are you going to add a new soundtrack for the wild pokemon theme ?
Yes, that song will be replaced. Most major music is being re-written.
Some examples of songs that are not being remade are the songs that play when people like Oak or your rival greet you, or the Game Corner theme. But most town/route/dungeon/battle music is being replaced. :)
(all thanks to my younger brother, who is a very talented composer)

Danny-E 33

The Loneliest Cubone
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Hm. I guess I get what you mean with the annoying sound.
I think it's more the tone of the instruments rather than the music notes themselves.
I'll see what tweaks I can do to make it easier to listen to.

Raj

Pokemon Master
Years
Hm. I guess I get what you mean with the annoying sound.
I think it's more the tone of the instruments rather than the music notes themselves.
I'll see what tweaks I can do to make it easier to listen to.

I am glad you could understand what I meant to say.

I stopped taking Music in grade 6, (more than 7 years ago) so it's been a long time since I had to be even remotely professional about it.

Yukari

This hack reminds Me of the days I spent playing Pokemon red. Man I spent most of my childhood playing Pokemon red and Ruby.

Years
Still super excited for your hack!
Very impressed with all the progress and great work you have put into it, keep it up! I'm sure all the 1st gen lovers are eager to play this, as I am myself :)
Good luck!

Danny-E 33

The Loneliest Cubone
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Thank you very much! I'm glad you are excited!

I would also like to thank everyone who has taken the trouble to put my hack's banner in their signature! It is very appreciated!

Raj

Pokemon Master
Years
No, I'm not implementing mega evolutions.
That is completely understandable and I support that, but that makes me curious, is it even possible to make a mega evolution on a GBC rom?

I am not saying you should, I am just curious if anyone has been able to?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
That is completely understandable and I support that, but that makes me curious, is it even possible to make a mega evolution on a GBC rom?

I am not saying you should, I am just curious if anyone has been able to?
Pretty much the same way as the GBA, you just replace some Pokemon with mega forms and edit evolutions.

Back