• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Prism [Premiering on Twitch Plays Pokemon in On October 9th]

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
Years
There are a few things I would like to point out about this beta release of Prism that kinda irked me a little.

-Currently, the Dawn Stone is an unuseable item. Its description is the same as the Squirtbottle from GSC and it does not have a use option. The only options are give, toss, and exit.

-I want to evolve my Lombre into Ludicolo, but the Water Stone won't work on it. It was said that Lombre couldn't use the Water Stone.

-I am assuming this one will be solved later, but the cries of the 3rd and 4th gen pokemon are the same as some of the 1st and 2nd gen pokemon they replace.

-Whenever my Riolu uses Counter, it plays the Bubblebeam animation. I don't know if it is with any pokemon that uses counter, but Riolu's counter animation is Bubblebeam

-When you face your rival the second time, his overworld sprite is red instead of the purple color from the first battle with him.

-When you take a mine cart to Magma Caverns and then go into the cave door, you pop up at Acqua Caverns. (Incomplete area?)

-I wanted to do some trading between my 1st Brown runthrough and my current Prism runthrough, but Everything in that Communication room is "being adjusted." Is this intentional?

Other than this, there really aren't any things I can pick out at this time. This release of Prism was incredible. I have waited so long for this release and it blew my mind away. Thank you so much for this release and I hope that you continue to do amazing things to Brown and Prism.

One quick question though, will we see legendaries from the 3rd and 4th gen? If you don't want to spoil anything, don't.

Lombre evolves at lvl 24 if i remember correctly.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
1. Still looking for a public version of the soundtrack, if any exists.
2. The last three screens aren't in the beta, I have NO idea where they fit.
3. Legendary? I'm going with a wild guess as Rotom.
4. Where do you get Flash, Strength, and whatever the 4th Gym Leader tells you that you could use? (To my guess, it's Surf)

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2016
Yikes, this is quite a bit darker than most Pokémon games... Interesting turn. I like the game.

Roareye

propic (c) piekielnatruskawa
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 18, 2021
No bugs this time, just a small idea.

I've noticed that item balls in the game are colored randomly. This made me think - why not make a decent use of it? Like this, for example:

1) You could set a different ball color for each different item group (like, you see a red ball on the ground - you know it's a pokemon/a pokeball item. You see a green one - you know it's a usable item. You see a blue one - It's a TM or a HM. You see a brown one - it's an important/key item... etc.) This would be an interesting touch to the game, though i suppose it would require some work on that to set the colors of the item balls already in game. [or up to the part where you finished your actual work on the next beta, if that's the case.]

OR

2) Item balls could be colored by quanity. Like, you see a single item - it's red. You see a green one - hey, there are two items in it! [inspired by double repel], you see a blue one - 3 or more, yellow one - 5 or more, etc...

Tell me what you think about it. It's nothing major, but it surely would make the game better in that "Those small things which make the life beautiful" way. Just an idea, though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2010
Would that legendary happen to appear in Aqua or Magma caverns? I'm not sure if it is a glitch or not, but when I go further into Magma cavern, I appear in Aqua cavern, (Which looks like the place we started out at) and when I try to go back, it is the place we started out at... I really wanna find that legendary, so is it or is it not located in either cavern??

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
Ok, I keep seeing a Swellow that plays legendary music. Is that it? Because I am really confused when I hear the music and then see a Swellow...

Yeah, happened to me also! I tried so hard to catch it because "THE LEGENDARY MUSIC TOLD ME TOO!" lol

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Well, I am currently playing this game. I'm only at Mound Cave right now, with four sticks of dynamite. This hack has been amazing so far. I'll post my likes and dislikes of the game when I complete it.

pokemonlover493

Trainer
Years
I am going to feel stupid after saying this, but if Coolboyman is saying that it is a legendary you won't expect, I have a feeling that he means that it is a 5th generation legendary, probably Zoroark.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
Well crap, I guess I'll search obviously complex areas first (like mound cave) and then places I would not expect at all (like the fish cave)...

Could you give a very subtle hint as to what kind of area its located?

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Hmm...I'm completely stuck right now. I've been searching Mound Cave for quite some time looking for the last Pallet Patroller (or whatever their name is), the Yellow One, I believe, and I've been unable to find them anywhere. Could anyone offer me some help?

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
Hmm. I've been searching the two floors with the rest of the people were for an eternity, and no luck.

Read the updates. If there's no Yellow patroller you can just skip it. It's because of a glitch in the first version I released. Just go to the dynamite guy with 4 dynamite.

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Read the updates. If there's no Yellow patroller you can just skip it. It's because of a glitch in the first version I released. Just go to the dynamite guy with 4 dynamite.
I actually downloaded the latest version, but apparently I didn't extract the newest version into the right place. My bad.

lizardman974

I'm honestly just that awesome
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2013
I am going to feel stupid after saying this, but if Coolboyman is saying that it is a legendary you won't expect, I have a feeling that he means that it is a 5th generation legendary, probably Zoroark.

Actually, Zoroark isn't a legendary. I don't blame you for thinking that it is. I mean, it even looks like one. The way you can tell, though, is that is has an evolutionary line. Legendaries don't evolve from or into other pokemon.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Where do you get Flash, Strength, and whatever the 4th Gym Leader tells you that you could use? (To my guess, it's Surf, I haven't fought him yet)

Oh, and I doubt it's Reshiram. Too difficult to place a 100x100 sprite into a 56x56 space.

Back