• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

piefara

human
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013
Skarmory so needs a pre-evolution its a bit wierd when a skarmory egg hatchs it has its armour and stuff becuase it's dex entry says it has no armour when born. also it shoud be faster if it goes 180mph in most dex entries also needs more physical flying type moves becuse all it can learn through level up is speacial (skarmory has the worst sp. atk. ever with base 40)

i know it won't happen but every type deserves an eeveelution
the bug one would look funny :)

Last edited:

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
I'd like to see a Farfetch'd evolution... he pretty much got left behind. ;-;

That brings back memories..
Spoiler:

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Could we complete the Kangaskhan line, Please Game Freak? I wouldn't mind if you not gonna take the "cubone are kangaskhan orphan baby" theory but at least make it complete. Its silly t see hatched Pokemon to have another baby in its pouch. Not to mention its lacking male counterpart.

@Mujahid Your sig is awesome you know.

Years
I don't think the male Combee needs an evolution. From what I've seen on animal planet and these nature documentaries it shows that bugs that live in a big colony are usually ruled by one lone female, the queen. In turn she is served and protected by the drones and workers who are usually the male counterpart. In a bee's case, it could explain why the gender ratio of male to female is so high and why the male Combee don't evolve. Beesides, we already have Beedrill lol

Since I'm on the subject of bug type evos I think Surskit should get a branch evo. I was disappointed to see it go from a water bug to yet another Bug/Flying type, and Masquerain is just terrible. Surskit could evolve into one of those real life water bugs that live and hunt aquatically. It could then retain it's Water/Bug typing while becoming something faster and stronger. The evo method of Surskit's new form could be something new like level up while knowing Rain Dance or something.

I was literally going to post the alternative Maquerain evolution! No lie!

When I was looking at the Bug-type pokemon for a challenge, I thought that a grass, fire, water, would be nice for secondary types.

Although Leavanny and Volcarona are amazing, Surskit is just a little guy and deserved a much better evolution with WATER typing! Good to see someone feels the same way. Haha

Years
An evolution for Plusle and Minun, maybe one where they have to be at the same level of happiness as each other in a party and they'll evolve.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
i think we should have some Pre-evolutions. like of Tauros and Miltank, Kangaskhan, Sawk and Throh, maybe Tropius.

And some Evolutions of Durant, Heatmor, Eevee(obviously), Shuckle, Farfetch'd.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I was literally going to post the alternative Maquerain evolution! No lie!

When I was looking at the Bug-type pokemon for a challenge, I thought that a grass, fire, water, would be nice for secondary types.

Although Leavanny and Volcarona are amazing, Surskit is just a little guy and deserved a much better evolution with WATER typing! Good to see someone feels the same way. Haha
I also agree, I wanted Masqerain to be Water/Bug back in Gen III. I was disappointed to see my masqurain not be Water/Bug any longer :(.
Oh and they should also give an alternate to Nincada (not countring Shedinja) that's Bug/Ground still. And while they're at it give Sheinja an evolution...one in which it get's 500 hp which would blow everyone away!

I can them making a pre evo for lickitung.
Also Wobbuffet should evolve so it can regain it's status in Uber...

j_Woo

Patnogonian
Years
All this talk of minun/plusle, volbeat/illumise, pachirisu. I just gotta say, haven't these always really been promotional pokemon in a sense? like the cute little duo for everyone to fangirl over? In my opinion I don't think they would get evolutions. same with emolga. now here is the list of evos I wanna see:
Sudowoodo, Pinsir, Stantler, Lapras, Qwilfish, and alternates for petilil and cottonee

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
I would love to see what evolves into a lapras or scyther absol and tropuis are over due too kecleon would be interesting as well

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
and alternates for petilil and cottonee

I kind of doubt that. :( While both are very cute and such, I think they just fit right with the two evolutions and if they were changed, I'm not sure I'd prefer the alternates given that the originals fit SO NICELY. :(

blue

gucci
Years
Spinda and Kecleon would be nice to have an evolution, I've always seen them as being paired off so to have some sort of treatment that Magmar & Electabuzz got in Gen IV would be nice.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Spinda and Kecleon would be nice to have an evolution, I've always seen them as being paired off so to have some sort of treatment that Magmar & Electabuzz got in Gen IV would be nice.

Why would you see them as a duo?
With Castform they at least both have abilities that change their types mid-battle, and have similar TBS (420 and 440)

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... I was thinking, what if there were evolutions of Pachirisu and Emolga upon trading them? Like how it was for Shelmet and Karrablast? We could actually have evolutions for Pachirisu and Emolga that look like fusions between the two only through trading between the two.

And quite possibly, we could also do the same for both Luvdisc and Alomomola as well. They could also have evolutions upon trading between the those two Pokémon only.

'Cause you think about it, both Pachirisu and Emolga look similar to each other, but they don't have any evolutions. Same thing applies for Luvdisc and Alomomola. ;)

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years

Why would you see them as a duo?
With Castform they at least both have abilities that change their types mid-battle, and have similar TBS (420 and 440)

Spoiler:

All artwork © Copyright *PEQUEDARK-VELVET of dA [Link]

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
They should have evolved pinser in gen 2. he used to be the match up for scyther, but they stopped that.

there have always been match up pokemon int he series. electabuzz and magmar got everythign the same. the early game bug pokemon. I could go on forever, but why did they drop pinser and a lot of other cool first gen pokemon?

Guy

just a guy
Years
They should have evolved pinser in gen 2. he used to be the match up for scyther, but they stopped that.

there have always been match up pokemon int he series. electabuzz and magmar got everythign the same. the early game bug pokemon. I could go on forever, but why did they drop pinser and a lot of other cool first gen pokemon?
It's possible that they did have an evolution for Pinsir at the time, but it likely never made it passed the development stage to make it into the games. GameFreak could have had many pre-evolution and evolution ideas for Pokémon passed that they have not yet used or simply decided not to. For example, many of the Pokémon we have now weren't just designed the way they come. They've gone through stages and trials to get to where they are before GameFreak finalizes on using them.

Jinx never got an evolution like Electabuzz and Magmar in DPPt, and she's considered apart of that pairing as well. That being said, I do hope Jinx and Pinsir one day get the evolutions they deserve.

Last edited:
Back