• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's Plays, Guides and Reviews Brainstorming & Discussion Thread

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Hello guys!
So i just started a youtube channel and I'm doing my very first Let's Play (:
I would love to post the videos here, only "problem": The videos are in german...
Is it still ok to start a thread in this case or not?

Thanks in advance for replying

I think that'll be cool~ Maybe you could provide caption translators that are in English?

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I think that'll be cool~ Maybe you could provide caption translators that are in English?

Well, then first of all, thanks!
And the caption thing could surely be done (:
I'm not quite sure though how to do it?
Should i post the video and some caption? How many should i post?
I'm sorry for asking so much stuff, i just want to get it right

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well, then first of all, thanks!
And the caption thing could surely be done (:
I'm not quite sure though how to do it?
Should i post the video and some caption? How many should i post?
I'm sorry for asking so much stuff, i just want to get it right

You can add a closed caption text to your youtube video. :3 You'd generally have to make a plain text file, which are saved under txt. You can do this on Wordpad. Then you'll have to transcribe it, and upload it as your captions after you've uploaded your video. Youtube will automatically sync it for you. Or, maybe you can just make it in Window's Movie Maker, if you have it.

If you want to find out more, this video below explains it very clearly:

Hope that helps. :3

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
You can add a closed caption text to your youtube video. :3 You'd generally have to make a plain text file, which are saved under txt. You can do this on Wordpad. Then you'll have to transcribe it, and upload it as your captions after you've uploaded your video. Youtube will automatically sync it for you. Or, maybe you can just make it in Window's Movie Maker, if you have it.

If you want to find out more, this video below explains it very clearly:

Spoiler:

Hope that helps. :3

Thanks a lot for the info, I'll definitely check out the video and then see what i can do (:

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
Years
A few weeks ago, a friend of mine and I did a Let's Play of Super Mario Land and I want to post it here.
However, I managed to finish the game quicker than expected, and the LP lasted only one part. Is it still okay for me to post it here, seeing how it is only one part?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
A few weeks ago, a friend of mine and I did a Let's Play of Super Mario Land and I want to post it here.
However, I managed to finish the game quicker than expected, and the LP lasted only one part. Is it still okay for me to post it here, seeing how it is only one part?

The.. whole game was only one part? I think that's fine, I suppose. ^^:

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
Years
Mario Land is one of those games where I've played it so much that I can't not speedrun it. :)

TY

I have a urge to make a Lets Play of StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm, especially the campaign itself, however. Since im playing this on my laptop the quality isnt that good and thats mostly noticeable during the cutscenes. Should i skip them or just play them anyways?

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2013
Pokémon Nuzlocke

Hey guys, I'm a new member at PokéCommunity and I was thinking that I wanted to do my first Nuzlocke. So I thought that I could just write about it rather than preparing a whole new video. Well, I just wanted you guys to tell me which of theses games should I choose.

Pokémon Light Platinum
Pokémon Volt White
Pokémon Blaze Black 2

Please tell me which of these games should I Nuzlocke.
Appreciate it. Thanks

Hey guys. Which of the following should I Nuzlocke?

Light Platinum
Volt White
Blaze Black

Last edited:
Years
Hi LarvitarBoy,

I think you should go for the game you enjoy playing the most and are also very comfortable with playing. If you're having fun doing the LP of that game, then it makes it easier for us to enjoy your content as well. Personally, I don't really mind which of the games you pick, and I think that most of us share my opinion. I say to just go for whatever game you will be able to produce the better gameplay and commentary from.

If you have any more questions regarding your situation, feel free to ask! I hope that this helped~

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2013
Thanks Pave Low

I dont know if you already got this but I just wanted to ask you whether I should post the lp on this thread or a make a new one. Again, thanks

Years
If you are going to post the LP, do it on a new thread and remember to use the YouTube tags. If you don't know how to do it you just put the last bit of the YouTube link (e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JACXMILrSNs) between

Years
I REALLY want to do an LP. The only problem is I don't know how I should go about recording my footage. I would either be using my DSI XL, my 3DS XL, or my PS3. What are some good recording tools and software for those systems?

THZskillz

The Highest Zero
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 14, 2013
LP Help

I want to do a LP for Pokemon Y version when it comes out but I need some kind of advice or tips to recording a 3ds to make this happen. So is there anyone who could offer me advice to help

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
You can purchase a capture 3DS, I forget the site but its around 400 dolars, or you can send them yours and they will customise it for you. Other than that... Just a standard camera.

Years
Hey guys! I've read through the Let's Plays, Guides, and Reviews Rules sticky, but I have a few quick + unanswered questions.

I'm part of a gaming channel that has 4 of us playing games, making Let's Plays, etc. I was wondering if I could make a post for each of the series that we're putting up, or if I can only post about one series at a time? We only have 4-5 series, but most are 7-8 episodes already, with one of them just starting today.

Secondly, if I were to post an in-progress Let's Play, would I have to post about one that's just starting, or could I put my first post up with, say, 7 episodes attached already?

Regardless of answers, thank you for considering my questions, and I'm loving some of the LP's that I'm seeing on this board! Keep 'em up, guys. :]

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Hey guys! I've read through the Let's Plays, Guides, and Reviews Rules sticky, but I have a few quick + unanswered questions.

I'm part of a gaming channel that has 4 of us playing games, making Let's Plays, etc. I was wondering if I could make a post for each of the series that we're putting up, or if I can only post about one series at a time? We only have 4-5 series, but most are 7-8 episodes already, with one of them just starting today.

Secondly, if I were to post an in-progress Let's Play, would I have to post about one that's just starting, or could I put my first post up with, say, 7 episodes attached already?

Regardless of answers, thank you for considering my questions, and I'm loving some of the LP's that I'm seeing on this board! Keep 'em up, guys. :]

Hi there!

For the first question, It's up to you, I don't think it matters to much. As for the second, you can put up a LP that's already started, but, you'll need to update your thread with all the videos; and not just links - the actual videos.

Hope that makes sense!

Years
Thank you very, very much! In that case, I'll put up a few Let's Plays that hopefully everybody will enjoy.

Thank you again for the (very quick!) response! :]

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
So, I'm about halfway done with my Pokemon Gold LP (I've defeated the first Kanto gym, and cleared Johto and the Elite Four completely.)

What is the general consensus on non-Pokemon LPs in this community? I've done some Let's PvP in Star Wars: The Old Republic, and I've got an ongoing series around the Hearthstone beta. I'm also considering some other games like Magi Nation for the GBC, or even the first Dragon Warrior.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
If you can get the viewers' interest, then you can LP any game you want. Yes, you'll have the built-in audience for Pokemon LPs because you're posting to a Pokemon forum. That doesn't mean that you, or anyone, should limit themselves to just Pokemon LPs. It just means that it might be a little more difficult to get views/comments.

Back