• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Eviolite Users?

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
The Eviolite: an item that gives NFE Pokemon a whole new competitive life, but which ones use it best? Obviously, the best ones around are Porygon2, Dusclops and Chansey. But there are many more that can worth use this item. So, do your bets and try to figure out all together, so we can make some strategies.

I see a good use of it with Shieldon and Nosepass. Come on, think about it.
Granitic defences, coupled by a good Attack stat, they can wreck the enemies, better with a Trick Room set in.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Togetic is a good user of it, because it can Bp Nasty Plot, 85 / 105 isn't too shabby, and gets raised by 50% with the item.

I've seen a lot of people use Shelgon with the eviolite in UU. It's pretty bulky anyway and coupled with it, becomes even more bulkier, Protect/Toxic/Wish/Outrage/Dragon Claw are pretty much it's options.

I've seen some Eviolite Vigoroth's around, they're not that good since they only have 80/80/55, it can take a physical hit but it's mauled by special attacks.

But to be honest, anything that isn't Porygon2, Chansey or Dusclops is just gimmicky, and should be tested well and should have some function.

Sean

Years
Chansey, and Porygon2 are by far superior to all other Eviolite users.

Chansey can survive most attacks, even physical ones, while porygon2 just trolls with his +400 defenses if you invest EVs correctly.

Dusclops is probably UU's best eviolite user.

Perriechu

Years
Chansey, and Porygon2 are by far superior to all other Eviolite users.

Chansey can survive most attacks, even physical ones, while porygon2 just trolls with his +400 defenses if you invest EVs correctly.

Dusclops is probably UU's best eviolite user.

Don't put Dusclops down so fast. He's quite the beast, even in OU. He can wall like hell with his base 130 defenses, although his Hp stat let him down. But hey he can't be perfect.

Pain Split works to his advantage with a low Hp stat. He can trick room, burn, poison a lot of things.

Out of the three, only Porygon2 made it into OU, whilst Chansey and Dusclops fell into UU

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Murkrow @ Eviolite
~ Sassy / 252 HP / 4 DEF / 252 SpD
~ Prankster
# Mean Look
# Perish Song
# Featherdance
# Roost

And everyone knows the only thing Nosepass is good for is evolving into a Probopass at Level 2 and running

Probopass @ Leftovers
~ Hasty / 252 SPE / (IV -- 0 HP / 0 DEF / 0 SpD)
~ Sturdy
# Pain Split
# Taunt
# Magic Coat
# Toxic

Sean

Years

Don't put Dusclops down so fast. He's quite the beast, even in OU. He can wall like hell with his base 130 defenses, although his Hp stat let him down. But hey he can't be perfect.

Pain Split works to his advantage with a low Hp stat. He can trick room, burn, poison a lot of things.

Out of the three, only Porygon2 made it into OU, whilst Chansey and Dusclops fell into UU

I'm not putting him down, I never said he was bad, but I'd say he wouldn't be able to cut it for OU as OU has a lot of hit and run attackers. Dusclops would stand a small chance with its measly HP.

I'd say he'd burn/poison at least only 1 poké, maybe 2 if you predict well.

Surprised Chansey is UU, but I don't really pay attention to Smogon tiers, more so of PO's tiers, but I might go back to smogon tiers when they clear up more in the future.

Perriechu

Years
^ Ah, gotcha.

Scyther is also another gimmicky user. With 70/80/80 he can take a hit and then fight back, getting technician Aerial Ace is a nice little joy :3 SD and Roost can also help it, although it has other moves to take advantage off. But overall it isn't the best eviolite Pokemon to use, offensively, since it's movepool sucks and it has awful typing including a 4x weakness to SR.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Chansey and Porygon2 are by far the best abusers. Dusclops is... alright, but a lack of utility in general is what makes it worse than the other two, I think. Chansey has Wish and a gigantic HP stat - coupled with its defenses + Eviolite, hardly anything can outright OHKO it, let alone 2HKO it. Porygon2 has a useful niche in being able to hit Pokemon with excellent coverage and Trace in general is a wonderful ability, reflecting Intimidate, copying Flash Fire from Heatran to take Fire Blasts easy, etc. Dusclops... just doesn't have those things, and it also lacks reliable recovery that the other two have. :(

Scyther is neat in UU, getting off an SD and Roosting away damage before Baton Passing it somewhere cool. ;o

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
I've never tried Porygon2, just Dusclops and Chansey. Both were pretty good, I wouldn't expect them to be in UU. XD

I've heard a bit about Eviolite Magneton. Some people say it works better than Magnezone, but I've never tried it, so I wouldn't know. :(

Perriechu

Years
I've never tried Porygon2, just Dusclops and Chansey. Both were pretty good, I wouldn't expect them to be in UU. XD

I've heard a bit about Eviolite Magneton. Some people say it works better than Magnezone, but I've never tried it, so I wouldn't know. :(

You should try Porygon2, he's amazingly good and bulky.

Eviolite Magneton isn't too shabby, I mean he has decent defensive stats; unlike most of the other eviolite users he can make use of his base 115 Special attack stat iirc? He can act like a poor mans Magnezone, or a UU Magnezone <:

Years

You should try Porygon2, he's amazingly good and bulky.

Eviolite Magneton isn't too shabby, I mean he has decent defensive stats; unlike most of the other eviolite users he can make use of his base 115 Special attack stat iirc? He can act like a poor mans Magnezone, or a UU Magnezone <:

Magneton is also faster than Magnezone, which can help it outspeed things like Scizor.

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
I find Gligar to run Eviolite well. I use it on my sand team with Sand Veil for evasion as well as Toxic and Protect to stall them into dying.

ryziken

Neutral scientist
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
Gurdurr can become a stalling beast with it. Especially ones that run Bulk Up and Drain Punch w/ Guts!! o_0

Anybody who watches Xenon's wifi battle videos on Youtube knows what I mean!

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
The worst part about Eviolite walls in general is their tendency to be completely Taunt/Sub/Toxic-immune set-up bait. Most of them have a really hard time doing damage to anything without using Toxic except things like Magneton and Gurdurr to an extent, although their power level still isn't top-notch like their evolutions are. I just generally would prefer to use the fully evolved versions because while the boost in bulk is awesome, the fact that they lose most forms of offense just kinda bites the big one for me. :( Plus, a large chunk of them don't get solid recovery either, so yeah.

Chansey and the like are still good, but... I dunno, I just am not a fan of using them. Do any of you actually consistently use Eviolite Pokemon in your matches? Why/why not?

Perriechu

Years
The worst part about Eviolite walls in general is their tendency to be completely Taunt/Sub/Toxic-immune set-up bait. Most of them have a really hard time doing damage to anything without using Toxic except things like Magneton and Gurdurr to an extent, although their power level still isn't top-notch like their evolutions are. I just generally would prefer to use the fully evolved versions because while the boost in bulk is awesome, the fact that they lose most forms of offense just kinda bites the big one for me. :( Plus, a large chunk of them don't get solid recovery either, so yeah.

Chansey and the like are still good, but... I dunno, I just am not a fan of using them. Do any of you actually consistently use Eviolite Pokemon in your matches? Why/why not?

I see where you're coming from about being bait and not being able to strike back. That puts me off them. \:

The only Eviolite Pokemon I use now are; Chansey, Porygon2, Dusclops and to an extent Golbat. Golbat was mainly for hazing and Super Fang. I don't use him all the time.

I used to run an Eviolite team that actually did well, it consisted of Gurdurr, Magneton, Golbat, Cottonee, Chansey and Dusclops.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
A lot of them are mentioned here. Chansey, Porygon2, Dusclops, and Scyther are among the best abusers of Eviolite.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
Eviolite Lairon, Tangela, and Murkrow are among my favorites.

P2, Chansey and Dusclops work as well, though taunt shuts them down real bad, while Lairon can hit hard with head smash, Tangela can spam Giga drain, and Murkrow has priority taunt.

Back