• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Harvest Moon Fan Club - Roundin' Up The Livestock!

SomariFeyWright

Seven years is all it takes...
Years
So, who wants to hear about my end of the HM-year series of unfortunate events?

Well, for three days in a row, everything was closed down due to events and weather. Convenientky enough, one of my chickens got sick on the first of those days. I had no way of getting medicine, and it unfortunately died. Then, during the next year's Spring, when I was finally getting the hamg of raising animals, that old man comes and tells me my horse isn't happy enough, immediately taking her away.

Second is the best, my dead crops...

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I want a Wii instead of a WiiU, thinking about it now... They're so much cheaper and can play all my GameCube games! ;n;

I like the crops in ANB, I've never gotten into them much before except in FoMT and partially DS Cute, but I like how you can make your own fields with different fertility rates, move them around, etc. And the field to the right of your farm is prime property for growing crops n_n

Urugamosu, welcome! You're our 10th member! [insert Harvest Goddess congratulations but you don't get a prize or anything]
Friends of Mineral Town is definitely an excellent game, as I'm sure you could tell from all of the posts above x)

SomariFeyWright, I've had that happen to me before aaah e_e I hate when stores close because of the weather like in ToTT... It makes no sense at all, they're all like "oh it's raining which has no effect on me whatsoever while I'm inside better close up the shop" sigh :\

To the whole club, do you guys think I should take out the 'Mayor Thomas is the Harvest King' requirement? It gets glanced over a lot and I feel like we aren't big enough for it to be really enforced... I think it's more beneficial in large clubs where some people post once or twice and become inactive yet are still on the roster. What are your guys' thoughts on that?

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
As for the Mayor Thomas thing, I don't think it matters too much right now. I guess ._.

Okay, so I finally got AWL Special Edition. It's about what I expected, I just wanted it for the sake of having it :P I ended up getting the black horse, though, which is cool. I chose my name (Satoshi) and the girl I wanted to marry (Celia) based on my very first AWL file. I did that weird little trick in order to wish for a daughter child, and now all that's left is for me to live out the rest of the first year ^__^ (the framerate is horrid though, holy crap)

What sorts of improvements/additions would you guys like to see in the HM series?

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
There's a black horse in AWL Special Edition? ;A; I'm REALLY tempted to get it on PS3 now...

Honestly, A New Beginning sort of fulfilled all of my Harvest Moon dreams~ I've been dying for customizable characters for ages and they sort of taunted us with it in a few of the newer games with clothes and such, but I only got that in Tale of Two Towns...

Hm... It's not new, but I'd love to see horse races again. It seems like the only use for horses in the newer games is transportation. It sort of wore out the novelty of them since you could start breeding them too. My favorite horse was in Save the Homeland, it looked adorable and you had a huge selection of colors to choose from (brown, red, black, white, cream, and I think a couple others) and it was so demanding getting the horse because of all the part-time work you had to do, but it was so rewarding too. And it was just fun being able to ride it, then walk, then run cx

Now, it's like 'Here's your horse' and you brush it and ride it once in a while and that's pretty much it... ;;

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
All I want from a Harvest Moon game is to go back to the days when they had the huge farms that were just one big expanse of yellow land that you could hoe at will.

Ah the nostalgia :(

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I picked up a Wii recently and was checking out the Virtual Console games and I saw Harvest Moon for SNES for $8... I'm thinking about buying it cx

I'm also definitely getting Tree of Tranquility and Animal Parade, I'm really excited to try them out! They look amazing.

Edit: I got Tree of Tranquility! And I love it, holy crap ;~;

I haven't even gotten my farm yet, I'm playing it super slow because of all of the other games I've been playing lately xD; I just got to Souffle Farm (I saved right when my third day starts) and I love how slow the pace is, tbh. Typically with the console Harvest Moon games I like when they're more slow paced (AWL, AnWL) because they have so much more scenery to sit back and enjoy looking at. The handheld games are a little more action-oriented, y'know? Like, I always seem super busy in the handheld games because while the console games have more to offer visually, the handhelds seem to offer a little bit more to do actively, from the Harvest Moon titles I've played.

Last edited:

Cid

Years
This series is awesome. :D I'm in!

Name: Cid
Favorite HM Game: Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
Reason for Joining: I actually made a Harvest Moon game in the Python programming language for my fourth year high school advanced programming class from scratch. That's pretty much a testament of how much I enjoy the series. :p I don't know, I just love it a lot. It's addicting, it's got farming and farm animals, and also because it feels like The Sims in a weird way.

@Azalea: You have Tree of Tranquility? That sounds really cool. I wish I actually played more of the new titles. The last I've played was Rune Factory 2 if I recall correctly, so I'm really not as updated with the series as I'd like to be. :\

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Welcome, Cid!! Happy to have you here cx

Some of the newer games do seem like... their ideas have run dry, but some of them are just so amazing. I have the newest one (A New Beginning for 3DS) and it is just sooo amazing. The characters have so much more developed personalities than in the previous games where they just repeated the dialogue. They added a lot of Animal Crossing traits too, like the ability to move things around and you build the entire village from scratch - you like build and place the benches, street lamps, roads, etc.

They do get a little confusing sometimes because the newest games have added irrigation systems and are little more confusing with the fertilizer... But they have tons of guides online to help, and there's a bigger variety in crops and livestock.

You should totally pick up one of the newer games if you have the chance/system and such, they are totally worth it *u*

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Welcome, St33lDr4g0n!

I have to know, just exactly what do you like about Harvest Moon? Haha :p

Years
Welcome, St33lDr4g0n!

I have to know, just exactly what do you like about Harvest Moon? Haha :p

I can't exactly pinpoint what I like about Harvest Moon, but I've always found it to be repetitive, yet very addicting game.

You know, getting to have a farm of your own, raising animals, growing crops, etc. It's been many years since I last played a Harvest Moon game (last I played was FoMT for GBA), but I have yet to find a farming game as good as this. I plan to download Back to Nature from PlayStation Store so I could get kicking at the game again :D

EvilSkittles

Lord of the kitchen
Years
Whoa, whoa, whoa, where has this been all my life.

Name: EvilSkittles
Favorite Game: Harvest Moon 64. I was my first and really it's one of the most expansive.
Reason for Joining: Who doesn't love Harvest Moon, I know I've been playing it all my life.

Isamu Akai

The Chosen One
Years
name:Isamu Akai
favorite HM game:harvest moon hero of leaf valley and more friends of mineral town
reason why i like to join is
I really like to play harvest moon games
I like to share my Ideas about harvest moon

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Welcome, EvilSkittles and Isamu Akai! You know, Hero of Leaf Valley is a game I've always wanted to play because of it being a remake of Save the Homeland, but sadly I have no PSP ;c

Hey you guys, I don't know if I've mentioned it or not but I got the 15th anniversary art book from Japan (my boyfriend imported it for me for Christmas x) <3) would you guys be interested in me posting some of the artwork in the book? :D

I'll be happy to take requests for some games/characters you guys wanna see c:

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Alrighty! It won't be until tonight or Monday because homework and working ><

But are there any games in particular you want to see artwork of?

Isamu Akai

The Chosen One
Years
thank u for accepting me as member^_^
i promise that i will share all i know in harvest moon

azalealightning if ulike to play hero of leaf valley
try to download psp emulator on ur computer

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I apologize for the slowness! Here are some images! Some are sideways so I apologize XD

BCi355hCEAAjMsE.jpg
BCi4ij7CEAIPLwx.jpg
BCi5EpZCcAEnne9.jpg
BCi54IoCMAI77Df.jpg
BCi6ROZCIAESsEh.jpg
BCi6g_OCMAA0T0l.jpg

Back