• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
First of all, thanks for the link Fufu.

After calculating my Hippopotas' IV's I've decided to scrap EV training it and train up my mons to start SRing for Cresselia.

Just about to get to work on the latest SHC Cards, so if your expecting one, take a look in a few hours time.

Don't think theirs anything else I need to address...

Congrats to those who found shinys and good luck to everyone else.

EDIT: on second thought, I'll finish the cards tomorrow, I'm too tired D:

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Hey. Congrats on the new shinys! I havent been on in awhile... But I'm gonna restart my pearl and soft reset for Shiny Piplup. On Sapphire, Shiny Regi (which one? I don't know)

Years
Hey guys. It may have taken five days, but I got her.

The elusive inital Bling -- caught on tape!
ZOMG! Shiny Absol appeared!!
Go! Luxury Ball!
It escaped. So pretty!
Repeat Ball. =/

23-DemoonicaL20b.jpg

Screen 1 | Screen 2 | Screen 3

I hope you like the name, LDD! ;) I fought with countless broken chains over the past five days, combined with total lack of time and a cold, but I finally found one that would kind of actually go. It was maybe the second or third chain I had that went as far as 30, so I was being quite cautious as to which patches I entered. I eventually got it to 39, intending as much to find a shiny as to lengthen the chain. Then, it appeared. It was kind of pinkish in hue. I switched my syncher in front and ran upstairs, only to find my PC off and in need of a boot. When it was finally ready, I started recording and entered the grass, only to find my lovely, a female Absol with Super Luck! (suitable ability for a shiny xP) The fricken thing kept using Taunt, keeping my Breloom from Sporing the bugger! Luckily, I had my Rock Climbing Bibarel (who, to those who watched the Dialga video would realize, also knows Yawn and Super Fang and still does), so I got it to sleep after switching her in. Four broken Luxury Balls later, I just turfed a Repeat Ball and she was caught!

Mmm yeah gotta work tomorrow for borrowing the camera hate my mom cha~ Quality was too cruddy on SP so I took it to the Gamecube. Still, enjoy the crudiness. :3
Yayness
Bashful meh
Cruddy stats
Ho-oh takes on Migthyena :O
Better looking Lugia
Seems like I'm the only one always out of it and the oddball of the group... :x
Caught 5:56 pm and no it's 7:28. What a bum I is.

Zomg Mithos, you never told me you have a shiny Cresselia or even shiny Suicune. It's still hard to soft reset for them.
Edit: Nevermind. You're the Cresselia gal, so congratulations!

If it was traded over to your game, then perhaps? I duno. I can't remember what MM came up with regarding that.
The rule was that traded shinies can count if they're from someone you know personally. That rule was eventually abused, so I dunno. Maybe we can be tyrants and pick and choose which traded shinies count? :D

How the heck did u pokeradar in the blizzard(or hail, or whatever weather condition)
I remember trying to do it directly outside snowpoint, but it got wrecked by a damn snover at 4th encounter.
I got mine from Lake Verity (or whichever one's the one up there). There's no blizzard to mess with your chaining. If I ever get another Delibird swarm, I may just tough it and put up with the blizzard. It shouldn't be too bad in a dark room with no movement, but that's definitely not something for bus rides and the like.

MetalMario: Congratulations on the Absol!
Thanks for the preemptive congrats! It's just in time for me to actually be reading this! xP

Good luck to all, and I might actually do some cards in the next while.

Last edited:

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
~*OliverTwist*~: Congratulations on the Geodude!!

Blayze: Congratulations on the Golbat!!

MetalMario: Like I said, congratulations on the Absol!!

As for me, I finally got something new!! O:
At 11:38PM, I caught my target at #49; at 11:44PM, my chain was broken at #52 by Zubat, making it my 3rd highest chain.

Say hello to Aoshi, my soon to be Gallade!!

Aoshi/Ralts (M), Level 4. Caught in a Quick Ball.
Modest nature.
Sep. 4, 2007
Route 204
Met at Lv. 4.
Quick to flee.
Likes dry food.

HP: 16
Attack: 6
Defense: 7
Sp. Atk: 9
Sp. Def: 8
Speed: 9
Ability: Trace

Attack: Growl

Having a Modest nature -.-', it would be better to evole it into a Gardevoir, and not a Gallade, but since I hunt for the Pokemon, and not the stats, whose gonna complain? :P I also seem to only catch Shiny Ralts with the Trace ability... Oh well, I'm off for tonight! Good luck to all!!

Years
~*OliverTwist*~: Congratulations on the Geodude!!

Blayze: Congratulations on the Golbat!!

MetalMario: Like I said, congratulations on the Absol!!

As for me, I finally got something new!! O:
At 11:38PM, I caught my target at #49; at 11:44PM, my chain was broken at #52 by Zubat, making it my 3rd highest chain.

Say hello to Aoshi, my soon to be Gallade!!

Aoshi/Ralts (M), Level 4. Caught in a Quick Ball.
Modest nature.
Sep. 4, 2007
Route 204
Met at Lv. 4.
Quick to flee.
Likes dry food.

HP: 16
Attack: 6
Defense: 7
Sp. Atk: 9
Sp. Def: 8
Speed: 9
Ability: Trace

Attack: Growl

Having a Modest nature -.-', it would be better to evole it into a Gardevoir, and not a Gallade, but since I hunt for the Pokemon, and not the stats, whose gonna complain? :P I also seem to only catch Shiny Ralts with the Trace ability... Oh well, I'm off for tonight! Good luck to all!!
Trace is better. You can switch into stuff like Vaporeon's Surf. And it would pain me so to evolve a Modest Kirlia into a Gallade. I'm a bit of a stat nazi and not particularly fond of Gallade.

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Trace is better. You can switch into stuff like Vaporeon's Surf. And it would pain me so to evolve a Modest Kirlia into a Gallade. I'm a bit of a stat nazi and not particularly fond of Gallade.

That is true, unless when fighting a Slaking... Ans since I do want a Gallade, that's going to be a tough evolution for me (but I just can't see Gardevoir as males...) Good luck to your next hunt, MetalMario.

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Heh congrats to everyone who got a shiny recently! Yesterday I finally Finished EV training my Rhydon, all I need now is a protector to evolve it. I also transferred in my Shiny regis and have begun Sring for Regigigas. Did about 3 hours worth yesterday :P Gonna continue hunting it today :) Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
DS, I'll race you for shiny Regigigas. Got a shiny Regice and shiny Regirock through a trade yesterday, so I can hunt for it...I'm still gonna try to complete the shiny Regi quartet by myself, though. Good luck, everyone.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I have been looking for shiny Absol the last few days. Get back and find that MM got one.

Congrats on the new shinys.

Heatran hunt on hold till I get new elastic band. Sister snapped last one.

Am going to chain for shinys.

Years
Thanks for the congrats everyone, and congrats on any new shinies :D I got another one last night(two shinies is one day, i know some of yo dont believe me), but this was in a shiny patch, so it wasn't that rare ;) Its Phanpy(thats what i was going for when Geodude showed up, lol). Ill get the stats and natures later, along with pics of it(and geodude). Right now i am at 1,005 srs for Cranidos, i will do more later. Good luck everyone!

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
It's when you press start+select+a+b in the advanced gen, and start+select+l+r in the 4th gen, pressing them resets the game and reloads it from your last save.
It's very useful if you want a shiny legendary or a shiny one off pokemon like the starters drifloon etc, you just save in front of whatever mon you want and sr till it's shiny.
But fyi you didn't need to post in a shiny topic to ask that, typing soft resetting into google would probably have gotten you the same results, and probably in more detail

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
^ I answered him in a PM a while ago. As shouldn't have been in here.

Just chained 15 Absol with no shiny. Is my highest chain so far for it.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2011
TwilightBlade congrats on the Shiny Duo of ho-oh and Lugia. I've been after them for years with the mystic ticket.

Anyway I got a few new shinies. ATimid Farfetch'd and Modest Krabby.

I'm currently SRing for Palkia.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
TwilightBlade congrats on the Shiny Duo of ho-oh and Lugia. I've been after them for years with the mystic ticket.

Anyway I got a few new shinies. ATimid Farfetch'd and Modest Krabby.

I'm currently SRing for Palkia.

Thankies. :3
Congrats on your shinies and I hope you have better luck on them and the Palkia. ^^ Maybe I'll trade my twin birdies for your shiny Latias and Articuno since I've failed in getting them. XD

Can't stay too long now but I wish everyone luck on their hunts and congrats on the shinies. Love the Absol and especially her nickname, MM. Mine were called Shade (Male), Twilight (F), and Dusk (F). STD yay. 8D *shot* Still need to nickname the rest of my group... And fit my new lovely shiny card into my sig sometime. :3

Back